[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 3/3/24 ESPN/MSG 7PM] Knicks at Cavs
Author Thread
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
3/4/2024  10:34 AM
GustavBahler wrote:If I didnt know that it was Thibs being venerated the way he has been. I would have mistakenly thought you were describing Larry Brown. Not as Knicks coach, careerwise.

The way some posters describe Thibs being up there with elite coaches who Thibs cant touch in the playoffs. No chips in 15 years, No EC championships, no ECF since his only visit in 2010. I'm not getting the vigorous defense of a coach who has never made waves in the playoffs, beyond his rookie season as head coach.

So when posters (right or wrong) criticize Thibs, I dont get the indignation. Larry Brown is the coach you're describing not Thibs. He coached up players to the Finals, to championships. Not just coach of the year awards.

lol if Scott Perry hired Thibs you would declare jihad at first sign of Thibs slander
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
AUTOADVERT
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
3/4/2024  10:44 AM
Gutsy win. These guys could have packed it in after their leader went down but nope. They refused. Something about Cleveland that just brings out our best hustle and motor.

Can't say enough good things about Hart. He's been so good lately. He's the engine. I truly think when his teammates see how hard he plays they have no choice but to follow. You need a guy like him. Super happy for Deuce too. He's earned that trust and playing time. Good to see Bogey bounce bck too with 20 huge points off the bench. And those Achiuwa blocks were vicious. DVo bouncing back too with 6/14 from three.

Credit Thibs. Kept the team focused.

But best of all Brunson appears to be okay. That was scary. My heart sank. Non contact injuries are usually season ending. I did the dumbest thing of immediately going on twitter and of course these wannabe doctors diagnosed it as a torn ACL or ruptured achilles which made my stomach turn. And of course these idiots somehow blamed Thibs. Thankfully it's going to be alright.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

3/4/2024  10:54 AM
fishmike wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:If I didnt know that it was Thibs being venerated the way he has been. I would have mistakenly thought you were describing Larry Brown. Not as Knicks coach, careerwise.

The way some posters describe Thibs being up there with elite coaches who Thibs cant touch in the playoffs. No chips in 15 years, No EC championships, no ECF since his only visit in 2010. I'm not getting the vigorous defense of a coach who has never made waves in the playoffs, beyond his rookie season as head coach.

So when posters (right or wrong) criticize Thibs, I dont get the indignation. Larry Brown is the coach you're describing not Thibs. He coached up players to the Finals, to championships. Not just coach of the year awards.

lol if Scott Perry hired Thibs you would declare jihad at first sign of Thibs slander

The difference is that I never once said anything of a personal nature about anyone who thought differently of Perry as GM. I could defend his record without having to go there.

If you can find me one Knicks GM who left their successor in better shape, I'd sure like to hear about it.

Clean
Member: #743
3/4/2024  11:10 AM

Donte and Deuce will get credit for this play but Bogey should too. The Cavs wanted to make sure to get the ball out of his hands. This created the Donte mismatch that gave Deuce the open 3 after the easy blow by. Its easy to forget things like this when lusting for former players or complaining about a defensive possession in the future.
fishmike
USA
3/4/2024  11:33 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Gutsy win. These guys could have packed it in after their leader went down but nope. They refused. Something about Cleveland that just brings out our best hustle and motor.

Can't say enough good things about Hart. He's been so good lately. He's the engine. I truly think when his teammates see how hard he plays they have no choice but to follow. You need a guy like him. Super happy for Deuce too. He's earned that trust and playing time. Good to see Bogey bounce bck too with 20 huge points off the bench. And those Achiuwa blocks were vicious. DVo bouncing back too with 6/14 from three.

Credit Thibs. Kept the team focused.

But best of all Brunson appears to be okay. That was scary. My heart sank. Non contact injuries are usually season ending. I did the dumbest thing of immediately going on twitter and of course these wannabe doctors diagnosed it as a torn ACL or ruptured achilles which made my stomach turn. And of course these idiots somehow blamed Thibs. Thankfully it's going to be alright.

If Josh turns an ankle later this week there are posters here who will blame it on him playing too many minutes yesterday. Ya just gotta laugh at it.

After decades of crying about coaches we got a guy getting max effort every night, a modern offense, a 90s defense and guys getting better year after year. Its nice having a FO and coach on the same page and that page be winning.

fishmike
USA
3/4/2024  11:35 AM
this is exactly why you want to WIN GAMES NOW.

If the Knicks can keep fighting and make that 3rd seed they are looking at Cle matchup in the 2nd round instead of Boston.

Is anyone afraid of Cle?

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

3/4/2024  11:40 AM
fishmike wrote:this is exactly why you want to WIN GAMES NOW.

If the Knicks can keep fighting and make that 3rd seed they are looking at Cle matchup in the 2nd round instead of Boston.

Is anyone afraid of Cle?

i mean #3 seed could also mean MIA in the 1st round, or even PHI with Embidd back.

Gotta try to win but too early to really think about who we'd play.

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
3/4/2024  11:41 AM
Notes from game

Watched Randall work out for about 45 minutes. Was moving very well, shot the ball extremely well and had a serious sweat going. He definitely looks like he will be in shape if he can handle contact.

Hart and Divincenzo are all over the court. They both play as hard as I’ve seen guys live in a long time. Never take plays off. Deuce held his own and looks comfy out there. He knocked down some big shots. The difference between Cavs and Knicks is the effort on both ends. Every guys for Knicks plays hard on both ends. Relentless attack of the glass

DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/4/2024  11:46 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
fishmike wrote:this is exactly why you want to WIN GAMES NOW.

Is anyone afraid of Cle?

i mean #3 seed could also mean MIA in the 1st round, or even PHI with Embidd back.

Gotta try to win but too early to really think about who we'd play.

yea its gonna be a dogfight no matter who we play, and truthfully we match up very well with the Cavs and the 7 seed would probably lead to our best matchup. We seem to have their number on defense. Even a team like Indiana we don't seem to match up well with but we haven't played them at full strength yet.

DLeethal

3/4/2024  11:47 AM
Knicks were the healthiest team in the league for 2-3 straight seasons, looks like all the Thibs minutes police were just waiting for the opportunity to pounce lol.
DLeethal

3/4/2024  11:48 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2024  11:49 AM
In a way, if we can maintain position and eventually get back to full health, this stretch will prove to be valuable long term IMO. Guys are stepping up in a big way, and we are also giving Bogs a long leash to figure out his game around these guys. But the confidence of DDV, Hart, Miles, Precious is gonna be sky high back in their smaller roles after this injury stretch.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2024  11:51 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
fishmike wrote:

The difference is that I never once said anything of a personal nature about anyone who thought differently of Perry as GM. I could defend his record without having to go there.

If you can find me one Knicks GM who left their successor in better shape, I'd sure like to hear about it.

Phil.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
3/4/2024  11:51 AM
knickslions wrote:Notes from game

Watched Randall work out for about 45 minutes. Was moving very well, shot the ball extremely well and had a serious sweat going. He definitely looks like he will be in shape if he can handle contact.

Hart and Divincenzo are all over the court. They both play as hard as I’ve seen guys live in a long time. Never take plays off. Deuce held his own and looks comfy out there. He knocked down some big shots. The difference between Cavs and Knicks is the effort on both ends. Every guys for Knicks plays hard on both ends. Relentless attack of the glass

I haven't been able to watch all the recent games. What's your take on Precious and how he fits into that relentless motor mode?

He obviously isn't as offensively talented but every time I see a highlight, Precious reminds me of someone who I would expect to see on Miami. Always making the right play. Always in hustle mode.

Maybe it's a contract year, maybe Knicks have gold on their bench?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
nycericanguy

3/4/2024  11:53 AM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2024  11:54 AM
DLeethal wrote:Knicks were the healthiest team in the league for 2-3 straight seasons, looks like all the Thibs minutes police were just waiting for the opportunity to pounce lol.

some dont seem to want to accept that Thibs, like any great coach, has grown and adapted with the times. He could easily abuse workhorses like Randle, Brunson and RJ when we had him, and yet those 3 were never among the leaders in MPG;s.

the best coach we've had in decades and some want to nitpick on MPG... almost reminds me of the way some knick fans treated Ewing and Houston to a lesser degree.

martin
USA
3/4/2024  11:53 AM
DLeethal wrote:Knicks were the healthiest team in the league for 2-3 straight seasons, looks like all the Thibs minutes police were just waiting for the opportunity to pounce lol.

For me, it's an entirely incredibly inane discussion.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
3/4/2024  12:00 PM
No doubt Thibs cannot stand next to coaches with a chip. But he stands tall in the league.
Nurse has a chip. Carlisle has one. Very good coaches in there own right. They play their best players big minutes also.

Josh hart does things that don't show up in stat boxes. Good reminder to the plug and play theory about switching players.
OG as well. You get OG then off the bench Hart? that killed teams when both were playing.
There is a path and perhaps it goes thru Boston but a lot of **** has to go the right way for us. Thats how it works. Have to have the talent, and we have some but the injury thing needs to work for us and against others. Im not sure Bucks are toast, Philly can get Embiid back, and Cav's are pretty darn good. Obviously Boston is creme of the league for now.
Indy, Miami and Orlando are not going away so fast either.

nycericanguy

3/4/2024  12:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 3/4/2024  12:03 PM
Nalod wrote:No doubt Thibs cannot stand next to coaches with a chip. But he stands tall in the league.
Nurse has a chip. Carlisle has one. Very good coaches in there own right. They play their best players big minutes also.

Josh hart does things that don't show up in stat boxes. Good reminder to the plug and play theory about switching players.
OG as well. You get OG then off the bench Hart? that killed teams when both were playing.
There is a path and perhaps it goes thru Boston but a lot of **** has to go the right way for us. Thats how it works. Have to have the talent, and we have some but the injury thing needs to work for us and against others. Im not sure Bucks are toast, Philly can get Embiid back, and Cav's are pretty darn good. Obviously Boston is creme of the league for now.
Indy, Miami and Orlando are not going away so fast either.

im gonna let you in on a secret, every coach plays their best players big minutes.

is there any coach that is going to play their best player 28-30mpg? Unless they are in their twilight years?

Thibs has never had a championship roster. I'm sure if you gave him the rosters Nurse and Carlise had he'd win one.

martin
USA
3/4/2024  12:30 PM

martin
USA
3/4/2024  12:59 PM
Some really nice stuff in this thread

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/4/2024  1:23 PM
last night was a as satisfying a regular season win as I've seen in really long time
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
[GT 3/3/24 ESPN/MSG 7PM] Knicks at Cavs

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy