[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If DDV was on the open market right now, how much is he getting signed for per year?
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
4/10/2024  10:15 AM
martin wrote:20th all time?

look at his monthly splits for 3pa and the change from Oct/Nov/Dec to the new year, and just imagine if he had a full year like his 2024 calendar year. He'd have made right around 327 which would be top 6, though amazing, still a long way from Curry's 402 made in 2015/16

https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/d/divindo01/splits/2024

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/who-has-the-most-3pm-in-a-season

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
4/10/2024  1:35 PM
Big Ragu uses first half of season as foreplay before the main show kicks in

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
4/10/2024  3:15 PM
DD is a complete player. Good handle. Excellent drive and dish game. Good finisher. Above the rim hops. Good on the ball and m2m defender. Always active on both ends. Never takes plays off. Fearless and aggressive. He really reminds me of John Starks. Plays with real intensity, joy and love for the game. If you dont like his jersey getting untucked now and then you can shut the phuck up

Not a great ISO/create your own shot guy. Does pretty much everything out there

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
4/10/2024  3:18 PM
fishmike wrote:DD is a complete player. Good handle. Excellent drive and dish game. Good finisher. Above the rim hops. Good on the ball and m2m defender. Always active on both ends. Never takes plays off. Fearless and aggressive. He really reminds me of John Starks. Plays with real intensity, joy and love for the game. If you dont like his jersey getting untucked now and then you can shut the phuck up

Steph Curry lite with defense

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
4/10/2024  3:25 PM
I think he could get a little stronger as a finisher and have a bit more conviction. He has an up and under but he gets out of control and I don't think he finishes physically (the way Hart or Brunson seem to be able to absorb contact). That to me is his biggest flaw + he can make some bad turnovers at times (he had a bad stretch yest).

I love him as a player though because he's aggressive, has not fear and comes to play hard all the time. Underrated hops and handle. Clean shot - obviously more efficient when we arent relying on him to put up 10-15 3's and instead shooting 6-8 open 3's per game.

franco12
Member: #599
USA
4/10/2024  3:43 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:DD is a complete player. Good handle. Excellent drive and dish game. Good finisher. Above the rim hops. Good on the ball and m2m defender. Always active on both ends. Never takes plays off. Fearless and aggressive. He really reminds me of John Starks. Plays with real intensity, joy and love for the game. If you dont like his jersey getting untucked now and then you can shut the phuck up

Steph Curry lite with defense

Not sure I would go Steph Curry lite- I would go Steph Curry-esque with defense.

NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
4/10/2024  8:19 PM

Damn. That is the best comp for me. He has a lot of John Starks in him
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
4/11/2024  9:51 AM
To think how bad he was to start the season to where he ended up is a great storyline for the season.
As I have said recently is his ascension coincides with Brunson's to some degree. Life is easier for him.
With RJ out of the lineup the ball moves freely with OG.
Would have been fun to see how Randle would have continued to fit in. He too was thriving before he got hurt.

I don't know where end up this year and next year is anyone guess with picks, FA's (iHart) and where we go with Mitch.
DDV has to making Buck fans feel bad. They could have had Holiday, DDV in that back court and the trade assets that went for Lillard.
DDV was not the same player then. He was inconsistent then got hurt. He had to go thru his journey to get to this place. He is underpaid but he needed to right team, right coach, play off another shooter, and the security of a 4 year contract. Ingredients that led to this improbable rise.
Good for him!!! Good for us!!!

martin
USA
4/11/2024  10:14 PM
Pretty ****in good

martin
USA
4/14/2024  6:51 PM
Pretty good company

Chandler
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6197

4/14/2024  6:59 PM
Not a fan of Starks comp in the sense that i thought starks played out of control at times. DDV is still ascending too

Little things matter a lot to me, and two that i like with DDV. First, he follows his shot. Even on offensive rebound from such a basic play might be the extra possession to decide the game. Too many players get hypnotized by their shot. Two, he sticks his nose in it on defense. That’s key. He might not be lock down, but that’s not going to stop him from giving his all

He has been crucial to our success

(5)(5)
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/14/2024  7:41 PM
I really didn’t want to lump praise on DDV but upon reflection, he is one of the best free agent signings in Knicks history. People don’t think of it that way because Brunson is The Best Signing in Knicks history. But DDV might be #2
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Alpha1971
Member: #9006

4/14/2024  7:47 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I really didn’t want to lump praise on DDV but upon reflection, he is one of the best free agent signings in Knicks history. People don’t think of it that way because Brunson is The Best Signing in Knicks history. But DDV might be #2

He has been fantastic. I didn't believe he was this good at the onset of the season but he made me take a fresh look and eat my words.

martin
USA
4/14/2024  8:10 PM
martin
USA
4/14/2024  8:16 PM
Nalod
USA
4/14/2024  9:58 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:I really didn’t want to lump praise on DDV but upon reflection, he is one of the best free agent signings in Knicks history. People don’t think of it that way because Brunson is The Best Signing in Knicks history. But DDV might be #2

Year one I'd be hard pressed to argue.
Randle was a good one also,
All three exceeded anything they did previously and exceeded their contracts.
Very UN-Starphuch like. Leon and Co. ****ing nailing many good transactions and as Martin likes to say, creating opportunities that create luck!!!

martin
USA
4/14/2024  10:02 PM
Nalod wrote:

Very UN-Starphuch like. Leon and Co. ****ing nailing many good transactions and as Martin likes to say, creating opportunities that create luck!!!

Yessir. Work hard and smart, and even if you fail with Kemba, Fournier, Cam, good things will eventually happen.

Nalod
USA
4/15/2024  7:19 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Yessir. Work hard and smart, and even if you fail with Kemba, Fournier, Cam, good things will eventually happen.

Nothing was fatal and few teams are perfect.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

4/15/2024  8:28 AM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:

No risk, no reward

The positive I will put on your take is that failing with Kemba, Fournier, and Cam really cost us very few poker chips. We definitely lost that hand/season in terms of poker chips. But we kept enough chips to win way more chips this season/hand than we lost with the guys you mentioned. Plus, the guy who was overwhelmingly the worst of those three, we got to see him come home, and we still got to watch him put up 44 (before Jalen made it commonplace)...

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

4/15/2024  3:49 PM
[Wojnarowski] Phoenix Suns guard Grayson Allen has agreed on a four-year $70 million contract extension with a player option, Mitch Nathan, Aaron Mintz and Steven Heumann of @CAA_Basketball tell ESPN.

probably something along those lines

If DDV was on the open market right now, how much is he getting signed for per year?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy