[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

If DDV was on the open market right now, how much is he getting signed for per year?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/29/2024  11:42 AM
Not my question but a good one.

Thoughts?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9127

2/29/2024  11:46 AM
He's having a great year but he's averaging 1 FT per game on the year, he's not a guy that really extrapolates well to 30+mpg. His best role seems to be that 26mpg type role. So I'd say 4/60m?
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/29/2024  11:49 AM
Why would he not get Duncan Robinson/Fournier money?
martin
USA
2/29/2024  12:09 PM
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/29/2024  12:15 PM
It's not at the Dallas/Brunson level, but GSW probably has some regrets about letting him go.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/29/2024  12:16 PM
nycericanguy wrote:He's having a great year but he's averaging 1 FT per game on the year, he's not a guy that really extrapolates well to 30+mpg. His best role seems to be that 26mpg type role. So I'd say 4/60m?

Thats a good answer. Put Timmy Hardaway JR. in there as well. 4 yrs, 75mil.
Bojan Bog type as well.
But, there is the injury history as well.
He signed here for an opportunity and about tripled his money from last year with Warriors.

martin
USA
2/29/2024  12:20 PM

Nalod
USA
2/29/2024  12:22 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:It's not at the Dallas/Brunson level, but GSW probably has some regrets about letting him go.

He was making 4.25mil last year on the Mini MLE with them and they are hard capped. He had a player option year two. He was not really there for the long term. unless injured or regressed. He did not.
No regrets as he would not have the same opportunity he had here.
Lets hope he stays healthy!

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/29/2024  12:31 PM
Nalod wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:It's not at the Dallas/Brunson level, but GSW probably has some regrets about letting him go.

He was making 4.25mil last year on the Mini MLE with them and they are hard capped. He had a player option year two. He was not really there for the long term. unless injured or regressed. He did not.

I understand the cap reasons, but still... I could see him eating into a bunch of Klay's minutes now. GSW could really use him now
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Nalod
USA
2/29/2024  12:35 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

I understand the cap reasons, but still... I could see him eating into a bunch of Klay's minutes now. GSW could really use him now

The cap matters. Klay is not playing that awful of late. He is not the same player but all of this in hindsight.
Curious if Klay moves on to another team after this. Rumors are Magic want him badly.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/29/2024  2:20 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

because TODAY Donte is the better player.

Its just so rare DD makes a bad play. He had a TO (bad pass) and I raised my eye brows. All he does is take good shots and make them.

DD is 3rd in the league in 3s make and is shooting .416 from there. He's aggressive taking it to the basket and has a nice drive and dish game as well. He REALLY reminds me of John Starks. Just always aggressive, flies around on both ends of the floor and is never intimidated. In fact he plays happy. Dude is intense but plays with joy.

Honestly DD's contract, age and role make him an important piece of competing for a title. Having him locked in here a few years at that value is huge

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/29/2024  2:45 PM
Some young teams with cap space this summer that would love a young-ish SG who can shoot like this plus is a good defender and solid with the ball in his hands and as a connector. I would say 20-25 per year on a 4-year deal is reasonable today.
martin
USA
2/29/2024  2:57 PM
It's a big noggin

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/29/2024  4:23 PM
I am in the 18mm range, most likely. Not ready to compare him to Curry and Doncic just yet. That Josh Hart contract is a solid comp for me, even if they have different specialties.
This is the Randle.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/29/2024  4:31 PM
fishmike wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Nalod wrote:

because TODAY Donte is the better player.

Its just so rare DD makes a bad play. He had a TO (bad pass) and I raised my eye brows. All he does is take good shots and make them.

DD is 3rd in the league in 3s make and is shooting .416 from there. He's aggressive taking it to the basket and has a nice drive and dish game as well. He REALLY reminds me of John Starks. Just always aggressive, flies around on both ends of the floor and is never intimidated. In fact he plays happy. Dude is intense but plays with joy.

Honestly DD's contract, age and role make him an important piece of competing for a title. Having him locked in here a few years at that value is huge

He's been terrific, far exceeding expectations.
I'd say he's at least as impactful a player as Quickly was, just a pure SG, not really combo guard. I can't recall a play he's made that was low IQ. Gets after it on defense too and not just a shooter, but fast and athletic.
Compare him to what we thought we were getting from EF and we paid $18m for that.

I think if Quickly is worth $25m as some of you suggest, no way DDV is less than $20m.

Nalod
USA
2/29/2024  4:49 PM
Great convo........

And now we understand why IQ was traded? Grimes?
We got a player here and now at a great price.
Some with Brunson, and while Leon did not bring Randle here, he kept him!!!!!

I don't know the future like man fans do, but Im thrilled and fully have confidence even if I don't understand something, Leon and Co. likely have it covered.
Does not mean it goes perfect, or all executes as hoped.
But the dudes who bought us DDV, Brunson, and iHart got some formulaic thing down.
I'm not worried about Burkes, Bojan or what Grimes becomes. We got picks, contracts that can be traded and cap space to figure **** out.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/29/2024  6:45 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:I am in the 18mm range, most likely. Not ready to compare him to Curry and Doncic just yet. That Josh Hart contract is a solid comp for me, even if they have different specialties.

Hart is a bench star. 6th man type. DDV is a proven starter and a perfect complementary player to stars. He’s also one of the league’s elite shooters. Hart’s contract would be the absolute floor but it’s likely much higher.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/29/2024  6:49 PM
Its a question better asked, after the season is over
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

3/1/2024  6:54 AM
Considering hope he’s saved the season after everyone else went down, he and precious sold both get max deals 🙄
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
DLeethal
Member: #9126

3/1/2024  9:52 AM
He would get the Josh Hart contract. Guys who can shoot 40% on that volume and also bring great hustle/intangibles, solid defense are hard to find.
If DDV was on the open market right now, how much is he getting signed for per year?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy