[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

You Can't Play Burks and Bogdanovic Together
Author Thread
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/27/2024  10:14 AM
Rookie wrote:I’m not feeling great about this trade. I get kicking Frank and Knox down the road but Grimes just feels different. I think he is just a late bloomer.

He lost his starting job to DDV, and his backup mins need to go to Hart. Piston are a better opportunity for him to grow.

Bojan's value is gonna be when Brunson, DDV, OG, Randle, IHart beat the crap out of you and u got to go to your bench. Bojan being the go to scorer for that 2nd unit is tough to deal with after dealing with that starting unit. Dude put up 20ppg vs starters as a player teams had to game plan for on Detroit at high efficiency. Don't let these 6 games fool you. Add in Hart & Precious who do a ton of damage off of winning broken plays, for that 2nd unit.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/27/2024  12:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2024  12:11 PM
I mean, Grimes wasn't the answer but he wasn't the problem either. Grimes is only making 2.4M with another year on his rookie deal. Bogs is the 3rd highest paid player on our team and was traded to Detroit for KellyFreaking Olynyk. Bogs also started playing pro ball in Europe when dinosaurs were still walking the earth
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/27/2024  2:52 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
Rookie wrote:I’m not feeling great about this trade. I get kicking Frank and Knox down the road but Grimes just feels different. I think he is just a late bloomer.

Grimes might tbe a late bloomer. But we're in "win now" mode. Thats what these trades make clear.

I like Grimes, but for everyone who is really high on his potential , what have you seen any flashes of outside of his 3&D skillset? He has no handle and a minimal pull-up game. He’s not a good finisher around the basket. His size limits him exclusively to the SG position. None of this takes away from what he does very well, and continues to show upside with, but there’s been zero flashes of on-ball skills and he’s about to turn 24.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/27/2024  4:59 PM
Knixkik wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Grimes might tbe a late bloomer. But we're in "win now" mode. Thats what these trades make clear.

I like Grimes, but for everyone who is really high on his potential , what have you seen any flashes of outside of his 3&D skillset? He has no handle and a minimal pull-up game. He’s not a good finisher around the basket. His size limits him exclusively to the SG position. None of this takes away from what he does very well, and continues to show upside with, but there’s been zero flashes of on-ball skills and he’s about to turn 24.

He was the 8th or 9th man in the rotation. He always played hard, played D and seemed to heat up in the 4th Q. He is shooting 37.9% from 3 for his career although down this year. Makes 2.4M and has another year on his rookie deal. Not bad for the 24th pick. Useful rotation player with upside. It’s not like he was killing us.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2024  5:20 PM
Grimes will be fine in time.
I suspect he was asked to do more and like many yoot under Thibs it messes with your head a bit. Happened to IQ a few times and Deuce. They came back stronger. RJ had it too but it was less obvious because Thibs let him play thru it.
We have draft picks and im sure there is a white board with names our guys like for our team that might not be thriving in different circumstances. Maybe like AJ griffin in ATL?
You Can't Play Burks and Bogdanovic Together

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy