[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

You Can't Play Burks and Bogdanovic Together
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/26/2024  11:07 AM
PG Burks still makes me cringe and Bogs is a fossil who can't stay in front of anybody. We were a better team with Grimes and we didn't even have to pay him for another season and a half. I wasn't against trading Grimes, but not for two no defense chuckers.
AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/26/2024  11:10 AM
I will write off anything against Boston right now while we are missing 3 key guys. The only chance we have against a team that good is at full strength. Bogs went full flame thrower the game before and we will continue to need him while Randle and OG are out. Burks looks like he might need to just be a deep bench insurance guy though.
blkexec
Member: #748
2/26/2024  12:38 PM
I’m a grimes fan. I’m a fan of any 2 way player. And I’m a fan of a young player who actually plays defense.

But grimes is the reason he’s not here. Grimes was not happy with the role he was given. Leon took a chance to flip that asset into two vets who are not locker room cancers and will play and accept any role they get. Plus they can spread the floor and create their own shot. Two playoff ready additions.

We need grimes when he’s a vet. Right now he wants to have a bigger role than what we provided. Grimes leaving also increased DDV contract value. And it gave DDV more responsibility as a solid 2 guard.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/26/2024  1:00 PM
blkexec wrote:I’m a grimes fan. I’m a fan of any 2 way player. And I’m a fan of a young player who actually plays defense.

But grimes is the reason he’s not here. Grimes was not happy with the role he was given. Leon took a chance to flip that asset into two vets who are not locker room cancers and will play and accept any role they get. Plus they can spread the floor and create their own shot. Two playoff ready additions.

We need grimes when he’s a vet. Right now he wants to have a bigger role than what we provided. Grimes leaving also increased DDV contract value. And it gave DDV more responsibility as a solid 2 guard.

Not to mention both of the new guys have shown they have a "clutch" gene.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/26/2024  1:11 PM
Some of the issues we are seeing are expected - who they are. Some of it is that we have injured players and are understaffed, so the role these guys are being asked to play might be more than we should expect. Burks played a lot looser in Detroit than he did here. Some of the clips of his Detroit knucklehead plays would get him benched here. If we had more players, some of his plays here would probably get him benched. I think some of those habits need to be reversed.

Bogs is interesting. That 6/6 night from 3 gave me pause. But then he missed a bunch of wide open looks vs the Celts. I think his defense is gonna get him benched by the playoffs.

I think our second unit needs another big man back. With MitchBeast or iHart patrolling the paint, Bogs defensive deficiencies will be less noticeable. Both Burks and Bogs will benefit from either Robinson or Hartenstein in the paint. Robinson's gravity in the paint will be helpful to both of them.

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/26/2024  1:15 PM
The thing about Bogs is that no one can do what he does off the bench for us. He can create shots, snipe from 3, get you buckets late in the shot clock. In terms of Burks, it seems fair to say in a limited role that Deuce can go out there and produce as much offense as Burks can in a limited time frame. Deuce can get shots up and he's pretty efficient, and then brings next level intensity on defense. But its nearly impossible to play Bogs/Precious/Mitch off the bench. So somethings gonna have to give eventually.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/26/2024  5:18 PM
DLeethal wrote:The thing about Bogs is that no one can do what he does off the bench for us. He can create shots, snipe from 3, get you buckets late in the shot clock. In terms of Burks, it seems fair to say in a limited role that Deuce can go out there and produce as much offense as Burks can in a limited time frame. Deuce can get shots up and he's pretty efficient, and then brings next level intensity on defense. But its nearly impossible to play Bogs/Precious/Mitch off the bench. So somethings gonna have to give eventually.

They cant play together because there isnt a single legit playmaker out of all the names you mentioned. We need a veteran playmaker off the bench who can get these players the ball where they like it. We made up for the loss IQ's scoring, (6th man of the year nominee) but not his playmaking.

Deuce is going to have to pick things up as a playmaker. Burks will be traded if Thibs keeps playing him at PG. I know it was a while ago, but what got everyone's attention when he first got here was when he was playing off the ball. Seems like a waste of talent, to make him a PG.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/26/2024  6:40 PM
Burks looks finished. I keep seeing him get absolutely stuffed on jump shots.
GustavBahler

2/26/2024  6:57 PM
franco12 wrote:Burks looks finished. I keep seeing him get absolutely stuffed on jump shots.

You might be right. Or its a case of Burks not used to the physical demands of playing on a team, that expects him to be a two way player.. again. They werent playing D in Detroit. Grimes will help.

Might be as simple as Burks not being in good enough shape yet. Thats what we'll find out in the next few weeks.

Clean
Member: #743
2/26/2024  7:51 PM
So much talk about burks and Bogi. They are not even playing the roles we traded for them to play. They should be just shooting open shots from Randle or Burnson but with all the injuries they have to do more than we want them to. Knicks fans need to practice a little patience before being so quick to judge an obviously flawed roster due to injures.
blkexec
Member: #748
2/26/2024  7:59 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
franco12 wrote:Burks looks finished. I keep seeing him get absolutely stuffed on jump shots.

You might be right. Or its a case of Burks not used to the physical demands of playing on a team, that expects him to be a two way player.. again. They werent playing D in Detroit. Grimes will help.

Might be as simple as Burks not being in good enough shape yet. Thats what we'll find out in the next few weeks.

It's all of that and he's playing out of position (again).

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Clean
Member: #743
2/26/2024  8:04 PM
blkexec wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

It's all of that and he's playing out of position (again).

Him playing PG again was one of my worries. It is why I wanted Brogdan the most. It would insure we have a ball handler when Brunson is not in the game.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/26/2024  9:37 PM
Burks at PG is definitely a concern. I like a bench group of Bogdanovic surrounded by defenders.
GustavBahler

2/26/2024  9:53 PM
Burks played the 2 in the first half, with Brunson at PG, and played well. Made some tough shots. When he had to play PG with Bogs, it was a different story.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/27/2024  6:53 AM
DLeethal wrote:The thing about Bogs is that no one can do what he does off the bench for us. He can create shots, snipe from 3, get you buckets late in the shot clock. In terms of Burks, it seems fair to say in a limited role that Deuce can go out there and produce as much offense as Burks can in a limited time frame. Deuce can get shots up and he's pretty efficient, and then brings next level intensity on defense. But its nearly impossible to play Bogs/Precious/Mitch off the bench. So somethings gonna have to give eventually.

only because we traded IQ.

Ultimately we gutted our youth for OG and had to trade Grimes too.

Rookie

2/27/2024  8:55 AM
I’m not feeling great about this trade. I get kicking Frank and Knox down the road but Grimes just feels different. I think he is just a late bloomer.
GustavBahler

2/27/2024  9:07 AM
Rookie wrote:I’m not feeling great about this trade. I get kicking Frank and Knox down the road but Grimes just feels different. I think he is just a late bloomer.

Grimes might tbe a late bloomer. But we're in "win now" mode. Thats what these trades make clear.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/27/2024  9:24 AM
It's been 6 games so not really enough time to draw any long term conclusions yet. I think it's likely that both of them get back on track as other players come back and they get back into their roles.
Rookie

2/27/2024  9:27 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Rookie wrote:I’m not feeling great about this trade. I get kicking Frank and Knox down the road but Grimes just feels different. I think he is just a late bloomer.

Grimes might tbe a late bloomer. But we're in "win now" mode. Thats what these trades make clear.

Thibs is always in win now mode. Sometimes it takes a grown up in the room to make the big picture decisions

GustavBahler

2/27/2024  9:55 AM
Rookie wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

Thibs is always in win now mode. Sometimes it takes a grown up in the room to make the big picture decisions

Thibs was in win now mode, the FO wasnt, until recently. Grimes has shown very little ability to create his own shot, since drafted. Showing glimpses this season, but no way is that good enough to go against elite teams in the playoffs.

Grimes looks like he is another season or two away from that. With this veteran squad, FO cant afford to wait that long.

You Can't Play Burks and Bogdanovic Together

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy