Member: #893
USA
2/27/2024  2:17 PM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:BOS is clearly on another level, KP is the missing piece there, at full health I don't see us beating them.

Not the question I posed but thanks.

Wild **** happens all the time. And if you have the chance to ask the prom queen to a dance, you go for it.

Or not.

OG and Bogs make us better, they don't make us better enough to have dumped all the youth for.

We have been one of the best teams in the NBA since the Jhart trade, we would have had a punchers shot regardless.

RJ was huge as the #2 option against CLE, who's replacing that role now if Randle can't deliver again?

You are better than this. Randle needed ankle surgery that kept him out 4 months. He has been **** for 2 playoffs now, maybe you can't see any extenuating circumstances? That'll be on you to come to a hard conclusion on.

You fall flat when you make KP the shining example of your trade ideas and then poo poo OG. You are better than that.

Or not.

Randle has faltered under pressure, until he proves he can play in the playoffs lights, I will assume he can;t.

KP plays C, a position we are stacked at and were well equipped to afford him missing 20-30 games a year. and of course he was traded for only Tyus and #35th pick. I would never have suggested trading RJ or IQ for him, let alone both.

you can disagree, fine, but I said from the get we probably handed BOS the title by not trading for him.

It's a pretty simple way to take on life. I think you are better than that.

I think in years past, the defensive game plan from other teams has been to shut down Randle. Last year this occurred (and Randle had an ankle sprain) and Brunson carried the torch. I think the emergence of Brunson will require teams to use that double of Brunson early. Randle's "gravity" and downhill basketball will hurt teams that work the double. Randle will need to take the next step of reading the defense and making the right play, but with DDV, OG and Brunson on the floor, he has 3 40% 3pt shooters to look for.

So, I don't think its fair to say Randle can't play in the playoffs, I think its fair to say that he needs accept the gravity he creates on the court and be certain to move the ball into the open spaces. Take what the defenses give them and pick his spots.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/27/2024  2:22 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:BOS is clearly on another level, KP is the missing piece there, at full health I don't see us beating them.

Wild **** happens all the time. And if you have the chance to ask the prom queen to a dance, you go for it.

Or not.

OG and Bogs make us better, they don't make us better enough to have dumped all the youth for.

We have been one of the best teams in the NBA since the Jhart trade, we would have had a punchers shot regardless.

RJ was huge as the #2 option against CLE, who's replacing that role now if Randle can't deliver again?

As it stands now its looking like Donte. With some Bojan off the bench.

Brunson is 27, OG is 26, Donte 27, Precious is 24, Mcbride is 23, Hartenstein is 25, Mitch is 25. With Randle & Hart dead smack in their prime at 28 & 29.

Looks like plenty of young veterans on the team already who are in prime or entering prime where age shouldn't be an issue. Then there is the fact that the Knicks have 4 draft first round draft picks over the next 2 seasons not counting the ones that may or not convey from Detroit(maybe next year after they spend in FA) and Wiz(Probably wont). Could easily replenish pipeline youth.

Donte has been great, but if you're relying on him to be your #2, you're not going far.

His career playoff numbers are 5.6ppg on 38/31/66 shooting and it's a pretty large sample size.

I thought the question was who would be capable of picking up the slack with scoring output like RJ did if Randle was off his game. I believe Donte has developed into a player that may be able to do so. He's averaging 16-4-3 in 28mins in 39 games as a starter this season which he has never done before in his career so clearly we can't just go by his past.

Bojan averaged 18ppg in the playoffs for the Jazz in 2021 & 2022 if that makes you feel any better.

Not to mention OG put up 17ppg on 47% vs IQs 9ppg on 36% in the playoffs last yr. So the combination of DDV, OG, Bojan offensively should contribute more than RJ, IQ & Grimes offensively come playoff time.

If were talking about coverage for if Randle plays poorly. But there is also the apsect that the spacing that DDV, OG, Bojan provide on the wing takes bodies out of the paint to allow Randle work more effectively. And or opens up a ton of open threes for those guys as they focus on Randle.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/27/2024  2:24 PM
Until the refs starts treating Brunson like a superstar, I will not be feeling sorry for any team when we get a call once in awhile. The way Brunson is getting bumped on every play is just ridiculous. Dude just doesn't get a lot of calls. Same with Randle
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/27/2024  2:41 PM
nycericanguy wrote:
martin wrote:

Or not.

RJ was abysmal games 1 and 2 and real solid 3, 4, 5. But we have guys like DD and OG who can deliver us that production. Or Bogie off the bench. It's not like he was dropping 30 a night.

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/27/2024  2:52 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2024  2:53 PM
We also did not lose our ability to trade for a star. Maybe we diminished it slightly. But in the process we added a first team all NBA wing defender who fits perfectly with our two best players and balanced out the lineup better than anyone imagined. We still have expirings, picks galore, and players on good contracts that winning teams will covet.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2024  5:05 PM
Not for nothing but doesn’t Cade karate chop Donte on his pass that Asur intercepts?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2024  5:25 PM
Ivey reminded me of a younger version of Shumpert in his rookie year. A true wild child!
Cade is one smooth dude. He had a great first half!

Don't get the boo's for EF. Fact is he was critical of Thibs AFTER the season and he wanted out. I don't blame him actually.
Im not saying I disagree with his stance, but he was cool about it until after the season. Drose was similar.
He came back and we did not read a thing about it. He got paid and was cool.
I think the boo birds just got their **** wrong on this.
Was happy he had a good game. Also for Grimes.
Knicks won, that's the important part......

[GT 2/26/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Pistons

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy