[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 2/26/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Pistons
Author Thread
WP76
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #4508

2/26/2024  9:51 PM
Talk about dodging a bullet. Monty Williams' complaints may have a legitimate point. Nonetheless, I'll take the W over the crushing L.
AUTOADVERT
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/26/2024  9:51 PM
Grimes made layups and FTs!

Wild finish! Will take the W

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/26/2024  9:52 PM
Burks is trash, Bogs is trash on D. OG is injury prone.

We gave up all our youth to watch OG sit on the bench.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/26/2024  9:58 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/26/2024  9:59 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2024  10:00 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Burks is trash, Bogs is trash on D. OG is injury prone.

Our former Knicks werent playing against 3 starters, keep that in mind. Our D isnt nearly as stout with OG on the IL.

OG is TBD, too early to call it. Way too early. But I agree its something to keep an eye on. We'll see how long until the next big injury.

Clean
Member: #743
2/26/2024  10:04 PM

relax, injuries happen. We been lucky the last few years. Our time was coming.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/26/2024  10:10 PM
Tomorrow night might be tough. I hope iHart’s achilles is feeling good.
MS
Member: #724
2/26/2024  10:11 PM
Knicks take the L on this trade. Burks and Bogey very average.

Grimes still a plus defender with skills we need. Might have been better picking up fourniers option. Grimes is definitely better than a 1st rounder.

Jalen and Josh great this eve. Need to get IHart more involved on pick and rolls. Missing easy baskets for him.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2024  10:40 PM
Yes?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
blkexec
Member: #748
2/26/2024  11:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/26/2024  11:06 PM
MS wrote:Knicks take the L on this trade. Burks and Bogey very average.

Grimes still a plus defender with skills we need. Might have been better picking up fourniers option. Grimes is definitely better than a 1st rounder.

Jalen and Josh great this eve. Need to get IHart more involved on pick and rolls. Missing easy baskets for him.

We made these trades to get Thibs type players he will play. If he’s our coach, we have to add vets who don’t complain and shut up and play. Grimes was in Thibs dog house as soon as he complained. That gave Leon the green light. Now can I prove any of this? No. But we know Burks is Thibs guy. OG is Thibs type of guy. These guys won’t call out their coach or complain about the coach.

But this team needs a player like grimes off the bench. He’s the perfect blend of unselfish and selfish. Too bad he’s gone, but it shouldn’t sway our chances of getting a chip. If so then we not ready to have a big playoff push.

This teams success rest on the shoulders of our heathy starters. Without them we just an average team that can lose to any team.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/26/2024  11:08 PM
Knicks just need to start using bogdanovic more. Featuring him more by getting him the ball in the spots he needs.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/27/2024  6:52 AM
GustavBahler wrote:

Our former Knicks werent playing against 3 starters, keep that in mind. Our D isnt nearly as stout with OG on the IL.

OG is TBD, too early to call it. Way too early. But I agree its something to keep an eye on. We'll see how long until the next big injury.

I remember when I was saying we should trade for KP, and that OG had played less games than guys like KP and Lavine the past 5 years.

this isn't really unexpected, he misses a ton of games. and we traded youth that rarely missed games.

TOR has a whole starting backcourt flourishing. We needed to build around RJ & Brunson.

and trading Grimes just felt like trading him for the sake of it for 2 very short term pieces. and we probably had to do it b/c we trade for an injury prone OG.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/27/2024  8:21 AM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2024  8:50 AM
Few weeks ago we got screwed by bad call refs admittedly blew. Last night we got it back. Pistons pistons not awful. They played well.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/27/2024  8:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2024  8:52 AM
I just read on another forum that Randle could be cleared for contact Wednesday and back in limited action on Monday. I think it’s a long shot but he must be getting close
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/27/2024  8:58 AM
blkexec wrote:

We made these trades to get Thibs type players he will play. If he’s our coach, we have to add vets who don’t complain and shut up and play. Grimes was in Thibs dog house as soon as he complained. That gave Leon the green light. Now can I prove any of this? No. But we know Burks is Thibs guy. OG is Thibs type of guy. These guys won’t call out their coach or complain about the coach.

But this team needs a player like grimes off the bench. He’s the perfect blend of unselfish and selfish. Too bad he’s gone, but it shouldn’t sway our chances of getting a chip. If so then we not ready to have a big playoff push.

This teams success rest on the shoulders of our heathy starters. Without them we just an average team that can lose to any team.

did Grimes even complain? He was outplayed early by DD. DD earned his promotion to the starting line up and has proven that was the right choice. Grimes was BAD as a starter this year. He was average as a bench player and we already had McBride ready to take his spot
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
MaTT4281
USA
2/27/2024  9:01 AM
I mean... we're squared up from the Houston game now.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/27/2024  9:04 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:

I remember when I was saying we should trade for KP, and that OG had played less games than guys like KP and Lavine the past 5 years.

this isn't really unexpected, he misses a ton of games. and we traded youth that rarely missed games.

TOR has a whole starting backcourt flourishing. We needed to build around RJ & Brunson.

and trading Grimes just felt like trading him for the sake of it for 2 very short term pieces. and we probably had to do it b/c we trade for an injury prone OG.

I wanted to trade for KP as well, a thread about it somewhere. RJ's style of play didnt mesh well with JB and Randle. RJ took his dribble drive to another level this season. But his bully ball game didnt mesh well with the starters. JB and Randle are two primarily downhill players, we needed someone who didnt need the ball as much as RJ, because the ball movement wasnt good enough.

RJ getting traded also opened up more looks for DDV. OG working mostly without the ball, helped DDV take his game to another level. He's hanging with Curry for best 3pt shooter in the league.

I was also against the trade at first because we gave up a lot of youth for one player. Who has been hurt a lot. When I watched how the team's defensive posture. ball movement immediately improved from the absence of RJ, I was sold.

Remember that we still have all those draft picks. If the FO didnt have a truckload of draft picks, I would be PO'd because it would be putting too much on OG being healthy for us to contend. All those first round draft picks can address whatever the FO sees as a need in the offseason.

Your right that these are short term moves. I believe thats due to the FO understanding that JB is in the prime of his career, and they cant expect him to play like this forever. They want to surround him with players who have the experience to contend over the next few years. RJ and IQ dont have that.

The good thing about the OG trade is that we wont have to wait years to find out if it was worth it. Either we're contenders going forward, or we arent. This season might by a wash becuase of all the injuries, but we will know next season at the latest, if the FO's moves are paying off. With all those 1st round picks left Im confident they will.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/27/2024  9:26 AM

We back this week to not liking the trade?

Grimes showed up last night and looked really good. In the 4th. Unless they move Ivey he not starting on that team. So he in same role he was here.
He had a great 4th quarter.
EF played well also. THese were guys that could not get minutes here.
Short term stuff. Give Burkes a few more games to get back to it.

MaTT4281
USA
2/27/2024  9:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/27/2024  9:34 AM
Detroit trade was a short term move that was pretty thoroughly vetted by the FO.

It's not as simple as "we gave up a young player to stay afloat". It's also: Grimes is due for an extension and has fallen out of favor - what value can we get before that depreciates. It's also: Bogdanovic's contract is at a price point we need for trade flexibility when we finally cash out our draft picks for another major piece. And yes, it's also: Knicks looked good - really good - after OG trade, who can give us a lift and not make the kinds of mistakes the younger guys are prone to, especially in the playoffs. Once you get passed 2nd round, anything can happen.

I'm not in love with the trade, but it made all sorts of sense. Paying, IMO, a minimal cost for 2024 insurance, without detracting from the grand plan. These are pieces intended to be used with Randle and OG, not in place of. Hopefully we get to see that play out.

[GT 2/26/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Pistons

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy