[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[GT 2/24/24 8:30PM ABC] Knicks @ Celtics
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/25/2024  10:53 AM
Celtics are really really good. Close to a historically good regular season team and may finish a historically good team if they win a chip. Absolutely stacked, elite 3 point shooting and elite paint finishing, we just couldn't make it tough on them and we couldn't counter while missing Randle and OG. Our only chance against a team that good is at full strength with Randle, OG, Mitch. It is what it is, we are not there yet.

I can totally see a world where Deuce and Precious beat out Burks and Bogs from the playoff rotation. With Randle and OG back I think Thibs is going to err on the side of defense and rebounding over shot creation, because he can lean on Randle for a huge scoring load and then OG/DDV.

AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/25/2024  12:34 PM
No one wants to go to excuses BUT - we got spanked by an elite team when three of our 4 or 5 top big men are out and one is hobbled. That’s a lot of defense and with Randle a lot of offense. So the big obvious issue is when and if players come back and in what condition. It will be a bit heartbreaking if this squad doesn’t get its full shot. On the other hand I remember 1999 after Patrick went down.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/25/2024  12:56 PM
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:Just unable to make the needed plays and now turnovers an issue

They shot completely out their ass for 3.5 quarters.

Saw something that said they were 81% effective shooting thru 3 qtrs - highest % dating back to 1996.

There were a # of just tough shots they hit - particularly Brown early.

Our primary chance to beat them will be some injury luck (1 or 2 Celtics get dinged up) or they shoot poorly and we pound them on boards.

Really tough to say how much OG could shift things - add in Mitch and Jules and maybe we have a fighting chance.

Statement was mainly made when we got the lead down to 9 early 4th. We let them get 5 offensive rebounds on a posession and then committed turnovers the next 2 and we were down 17 again.

Burks soft ass rebound that he lost lead to all that —— in the few games he’s been here Burks has been incredibly SOFT on both offense and defense. Defensively/rebounding there have been numerous occasions where he has been pushed out of position for rebounds and offensively he’s constantly fighting the dribble under pressure and flops on every drive whether he makes the shot or not.

Hope he gets with the program quickly. Made 1st 3 and I think missed 6 straight after that.

franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/25/2024  12:59 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Saw something that said they were 81% effective shooting thru 3 qtrs - highest % dating back to 1996.

Our primary chance to beat them will be some injury luck (1 or 2 Celtics get dinged up) or they shoot poorly and we pound them on boards.

Really tough to say how much OG could shift things - add in Mitch and Jules and maybe we have a fighting chance.

Statement was mainly made when we got the lead down to 9 early 4th. We let them get 5 offensive rebounds on a posession and then committed turnovers the next 2 and we were down 17 again.

Burks soft ass rebound that he lost lead to all that —— in the few games he’s been here Burks has been incredibly SOFT on both offense and defense. Defensively/rebounding there have been numerous occasions where he has been pushed out of position for rebounds and offensively he’s constantly fighting the dribble under pressure and flops on every drive whether he makes the shot or not.

Hope he gets with the program quickly. Made 1st 3 and I think missed 6 straight after that.

How many jumpers has Burks had blocked? Must be a dozen because the few times I’ve watched, he is getting stuffed. Unless McBride is really sick, I don’t understand why Thibs is putting Burks out there- he looks passed finished and should only be out there in emergency situations.

LivingLegend

2/25/2024  1:00 PM
fitzfarm wrote:
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

They don’t get those boards with Mitch and Randal in the starting unit and Tatum wouldn’t hit those 3’s in a bundle with the best defensive player in the league guarding him . I think that statement needs to be reversed to if we are 100% healthy do the Celtics have a fighting chance, I don’t think so.

While I agree on some fronts one of the issues with all of Randle/Mitch/OG is that each is sloppy offensively to differing degrees. Julius with TO’s, low shooting %, OG with occasional mishaps when driving and Mitch everywhere offensively. The flip side is Celtics are highly skilled/cohesive unit.

We do have horses to muck things up for them and YES we need these 3 guys back to put us at full strength and add 18 fouls to our arsenal.

LivingLegend

2/25/2024  1:06 PM
franco12 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

How many jumpers has Burks had blocked? Must be a dozen because the few times I’ve watched, he is getting stuffed. Unless McBride is really sick, I don’t understand why Thibs is putting Burks out there- he looks passed finished and should only be out there in emergency situations.

Yes - getting blocked because defense isn’t respecting his ability to get by them or finish. He needs to get to the rim and finish to open up his jump shot space and he needs more open catch and shoot. Deuce is impressing BUT I also get why Thibs is trying to get Burks going - hard to knock 40% from 3 and 90% ft shooter.

Burks just needs to play better - VERY DIFFICULT for both Burks/Bogey coming from sad Piston team into NY pressure cooker where we need them to both play GOOD right out of the gate. Not easy being new guy on team and being relied on heavily. Just need both to play smarter, make some shots and DEFEND BETTER.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/25/2024  8:37 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
franco12 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Burks soft ass rebound that he lost lead to all that in the few games hes been here Burks has been incredibly SOFT on both offense and defense. Defensively/rebounding there have been numerous occasions where he has been pushed out of position for rebounds and offensively he;s constantly fighting the dribble under pressure and flops on every drive whether he makes the shot or not.

How many jumpers has Burks had blocked? Must be a dozen because the few times Ive watched, he is getting stuffed. Unless McBride is really sick, I don;t understand why Thibs is putting Burks out there- he looks passed finished and should only be out there in emergency situations.
Yes - getting blocked because defense isnt respecting his ability to get by them or finish. He needs to get to the rim and finish to open up his jump shot space and he needs more open catch and shoot. Deuce is impressing BUT I also get why Thibs is trying to get Burks going - hard to knock 40% from 3 and 90% ft shooter.

Burks just needs to play better - VERY DIFFICULT for both Burks/Bogey coming from sad Piston team into NY pressure cooker where we need them to both play GOOD right out of the gate. Not easy being new guy on team and being relied on heavily. Just need both to play smarter, make some shots and DEFEND BETTER.

I honestly don't see either Bogs or Burks sticking around long. I hope I'm wrong and they settle down and contribute meaningfully. Cuz if they ain't scoring, they're useless.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/26/2024  10:28 AM
Panos wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
franco12 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Burks soft ass rebound that he lost lead to all that in the few games hes been here Burks has been incredibly SOFT on both offense and defense. Defensively/rebounding there have been numerous occasions where he has been pushed out of position for rebounds and offensively he;s constantly fighting the dribble under pressure and flops on every drive whether he makes the shot or not.

How many jumpers has Burks had blocked? Must be a dozen because the few times Ive watched, he is getting stuffed. Unless McBride is really sick, I don;t understand why Thibs is putting Burks out there- he looks passed finished and should only be out there in emergency situations.
Yes - getting blocked because defense isnt respecting his ability to get by them or finish. He needs to get to the rim and finish to open up his jump shot space and he needs more open catch and shoot. Deuce is impressing BUT I also get why Thibs is trying to get Burks going - hard to knock 40% from 3 and 90% ft shooter.

I honestly don't see either Bogs or Burks sticking around long. I hope I'm wrong and they settle down and contribute meaningfully. Cuz if they ain't scoring, they're useless.

We have to get them settled in to there roles so they can attack.with that said, McBride’s defense is so good it’s hard to justify Burks getting minutes over McBride, especially since McBride has become a 40% 3 baller. When this roster is at full strength unless you sit McBride, who is coming into his own with more minutes, where’s Burks minutes coming from? Bogs is a great edition to back up OG for the 15 min OG will sit. He needs to be aggressive on offense, I think we see that when we are at full health.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/26/2024  10:46 AM
Panos wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
franco12 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I would think that both Bogs and Burks know they are trade fodder if they stick around.

They are here for bench duty, injury takeover duty, scoring in a pinch duty, and contract match-up trade duty.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/26/2024  11:05 AM
anyone (Gustav) notice how Jalen Brown was in the game with a minute left up 20? Its almost like NBA coaches do this sort of thing

tough game.. I appreciate how our guys are battling. Sounds like OG is gonna be the first back

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
LivingLegend

2/26/2024  12:29 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
franco12 wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I would think that both Bogs and Burks know they are trade fodder if they stick around.

They are here for bench duty, injury takeover duty, scoring in a pinch duty, and contract match-up trade duty.

Outside of simply playing solid ball for us if 1 or both of these guys just make one big play/shot for us that potentially gets us a win that leads to a series win —- that’s worth a lot. I trust/expect both of these guys to make open shots and couldn’t say that about Grimes. Of course Grimes was superior defender.

I see Burks playing with Deuce NOT instead of but maybe I’m wrong if rotation gets squeezed. Do think Thibs will use Deuce and trust him more now regardless if Burks here or not. Burks has rest of season to prove he belongs in rotation.

[GT 2/24/24 8:30PM ABC] Knicks @ Celtics

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy