[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What up with the Bucks?
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/23/2024  8:16 PM
I haven't been following too closely but expected the Bucks to be dominating this year. How are they only a game ahead of the Knicks and even after a 4 game knick losing streak?
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/23/2024  8:29 PM
There's a bunch of reasons, but it all comes down to coaching. Griffin tried to utilize schemes that didn't take into account the strengths of his personnel and Giannis just stopped biying in
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/23/2024  8:43 PM
Rivers is a very good regular season coach, and a lousy playoff coach since he left Boston. I was very surprised that they hired Rivers, given his track record in the playoffs. Dont know why they thought this was the best way to keep Giannis in Milwaukee.

They shouldnt have given coach Bud such a quick hook after winning a chip'. We'll see what happens for the rest of the season. As they have said in the media. If Rivers cant make it work with the Bucks, it will probably be his last stop in the NBA. Might make a good college coach.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/24/2024  8:45 AM
Media has been brutal on Rivers of late. Looking over his career and how that one chip cast his career and earnings.
Gustav, what would make him a good college coach?
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/24/2024  8:55 AM
I think this is related.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/24/2024  9:19 AM
They old. No D.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/24/2024  10:06 AM
their identity last year included A+ defense

yes Dame is great but honestly I'd rather him on Brunson than Jrue Holiday. I also feel like they feature two Give Me The Ball guys

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/24/2024  10:14 AM
I'm pretty sure Giannis made the point that the towel boy needs to do a better job a few months back, so that's where I would start.
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
2/24/2024  10:43 AM
It looks to me like they hit that wall and age is catching up to them. And trading Holiday for Dame was not a good trade. They lost their defender and their heart and soul. Dame is a little overrated too. Yeah the 30' threes are fun if you're entertained by that but he doesn't make the winning plays Holiday did. And Middleton being hurt all the time is huge.

They need to rebuild WITH Giannis. Get younger and more athletic defensive oriented talent around him.

KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/24/2024  10:58 AM
SergioNYK wrote:It looks to me like they hit that wall and age is catching up to them. And trading Holiday for Dame was not a good trade. They lost their defender and their heart and soul. Dame is a little overrated too. Yeah the 30' threes are fun if you're entertained by that but he doesn't make the winning plays Holiday did. And Middleton being hurt all the time is huge.

They need to rebuild WITH Giannis. Get younger and more athletic defensive oriented talent around him.

Dame wasn't #1 on the "Get a Star" Knicks wish list but he was mentioned. So glad the FO didn't go in that kind of direction.

Nalod
USA
2/25/2024  9:21 AM
Leon and Co. have been judicious in their pursuits to avoid the “Starphuch” thus far.
I know fans call for the “Superstar” to complete us and in theory its not incorrect.
Chemistry vs. stat plug and play is something beyond most of fan paygrade.
The genius of trade with Toronto had many elements but in the end it was the chemistry created.
Was it entirely expected?
This is why letter grades on trade days are silly. Precious looked awful his first few outings and then he filled a role for the greater good. I can’t speak to his future here but our team looks good with him!

Bucks? They gave Giannis the keys to the franchise and he is burning thru coaches and maybe the humble superstar has grown some Diva in him over time. He was on our starphuck list waiting to ask out.
Bucks have done about everything they can to extend the regime and if Doc can’t figure this team out maybe it becomes time to move him.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/25/2024  9:32 AM
Having Middleton out so much made them miscalculate that they needed scoring not offense. Dame individually might be better than Jrue, but Jrue is what they needed to get them over the hump the first time and still what they need now.

Even worse than that is allowing for a situation where Jrue was traded to the team most likely to knock them out of the playoffs.

Nalod
USA
2/25/2024  9:47 AM
VDesai wrote:Having Middleton out so much made them miscalculate that they needed scoring not offense. Dame individually might be better than Jrue, but Jrue is what they needed to get them over the hump the first time and still what they need now.

Even worse than that is allowing for a situation where Jrue was traded to the team most likely to knock them out of the playoffs.

Not easy to see the chess board but Holiday to Celtics was brilliant by Brad Stevens. As was divesting of Grant Williams and Smart who has been hampered by injuries.

Marcus smart was the “heart and soul” of a good team and must have been superhard for them to make that trade but Stevens made the tough decisions and it worked out. Not that Milwaukee was failing, they just might have had misguided expectations?

Fans loved Smart. Im sure on ultimateCeltics.com they had something to say. Also they wanted to run their young coach out of town after losing to miami.

Holiday to Celtics was brilliant as was KP in the manner by which they did it. KP is for sure a gamble for them.
that he is a 3rd or 4th option and he is cool with that at this stage of career is good. He was not the unicorn but he makes 30plus mil a year, and if he wins a chip wilh have had a very good career even if less than hoped.
Celtics have the best starting 5 in the league.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/25/2024  1:30 PM
Nalod wrote:
VDesai wrote:Having Middleton out so much made them miscalculate that they needed scoring not offense. Dame individually might be better than Jrue, but Jrue is what they needed to get them over the hump the first time and still what they need now.

Not easy to see the chess board but Holiday to Celtics was brilliant by Brad Stevens. As was divesting of Grant Williams and Smart who has been hampered by injuries.

Marcus smart was the “heart and soul” of a good team and must have been superhard for them to make that trade but Stevens made the tough decisions and it worked out. Not that Milwaukee was failing, they just might have had misguided expectations?

Fans loved Smart. Im sure on ultimateCeltics.com they had something to say. Also they wanted to run their young coach out of town after losing to miami.

Holiday to Celtics was brilliant as was KP in the manner by which they did it. KP is for sure a gamble for them.
that he is a 3rd or 4th option and he is cool with that at this stage of career is good. He was not the unicorn but he makes 30plus mil a year, and if he wins a chip wilh have had a very good career even if less than hoped.
Celtics have the best starting 5 in the league.

Brad Stevens is a smart cookie, he did good.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
What up with the Bucks?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy