[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Achiuwa has been great…where does he fit into a healthy rotation?
Author Thread
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2024  5:51 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
DLeethal wrote:The unfortunate reality is that 1 of he or Bogie don't fit into a healthy rotation. And same goes for 1 of Deuce and Burks. Thibs has offense/defense options, he will have to play the matchups and hot hands. He did that last night very well.

I think at this rate the Knicks pass again on resigning Burks this summer. The reality is Leon won’t bring everyone back. If the bench is Mitch (or Ihart), Achiuwa, bogdanovic, hart and Deuce, you have 10 really good players and just need to decide if you go big (Achiuwa) with the 9-man rotation, or small (deuce). And more often than not someone is out so it becomes irrelevant. We always see sometimes it’s important to start the season without a rotation crunch. The team does better with defined roles. And then as injuries hit you just make necessary in-season trades.

Agreed. I think it does not make any sense to resign Burks unless he's content at his age taking pennies and being in a Taj veteran role. We have two good first round picks to replenish some of those deeper roles.

I have to tell you guys, I don't know why Burks and the Knicks wouldn't come to an agreement on a decent contract for both sides.

If you are Burks, this is (pretty much) going to be your last contract. You either come to a good understanding with the team that knows you well and really enjoys working with you, or you take your chances in free agency as a 33yo.

That's what Burks is up against. Knicks will prob give him a nice, adult 2-year offer with a team option for 3? They will give him a deadline of before the free agency period to commit to it.

Burks will have to decide about his chances of betting on himself moving forward. I don't know why the Knicks wouldn't move forward this way.

Maybe you’re right. My biggest thing is the financial aspect of it assuming the Knicks don’t make any big moves in the offseason. Obviously if they do it changes things. Burks is a good piece to have given his experience, versatility and shooting. I definitely wouldn’t rule it out. I just wonder if there’s another playoff team with a bigger role for him that is willing to use an exception on him.

AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/23/2024  7:28 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
DLeethal wrote:The unfortunate reality is that 1 of he or Bogie don't fit into a healthy rotation. And same goes for 1 of Deuce and Burks. Thibs has offense/defense options, he will have to play the matchups and hot hands. He did that last night very well.
I think at this rate the Knicks pass again on resigning Burks this summer. The reality is Leon won&;t bring everyone back. If the bench is Mitch (or Ihart), Achiuwa, bogdanovic, hart and Deuce, you have 10 really good players and just need to decide if you go big (Achiuwa) with the 9-man rotation, or small (deuce). And more often than not someone is out so it becomes irrelevant. We always see sometimes it;s important to start the season without a rotation crunch. The team does better with defined roles. And then as injuries hit you just make necessary in-season trades.
Agreed. I think it does not make any sense to resign Burks unless he's content at his age taking pennies and being in a Taj veteran role. We have two good first round picks to replenish some of those deeper roles.
I have to tell you guys, I don't know why Burks and the Knicks wouldn't come to an agreement on a decent contract for both sides.

If you are Burks, this is (pretty much) going to be your last contract. You either come to a good understanding with the team that knows you well and really enjoys working with you, or you take your chances in free agency as a 33yo.

That's what Burks is up against. Knicks will prob give him a nice, adult 2-year offer with a team option for 3? They will give him a deadline of before the free agency period to commit to it.

Burks will have to decide about his chances of betting on himself moving forward. I don't know why the Knicks wouldn't move forward this way.

Personally I hope they find a better option than Burks in the off-season.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/23/2024  8:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/23/2024  8:11 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
I think at this rate the Knicks pass again on resigning Burks this summer. The reality is Leon won&;t bring everyone back. If the bench is Mitch (or Ihart), Achiuwa, bogdanovic, hart and Deuce, you have 10 really good players and just need to decide if you go big (Achiuwa) with the 9-man rotation, or small (deuce). And more often than not someone is out so it becomes irrelevant. We always see sometimes it;s important to start the season without a rotation crunch. The team does better with defined roles. And then as injuries hit you just make necessary in-season trades.

Better option for what though is the question. The depth is already good. I get the injuries have really tested it but that’s not something that can be prepared for. Knicks have 2 first round picks. Those players will not be better than Burks right away, but obviously they are drafted for upside. The rotation is already strong without Burks. Obviously they can just keep him but they won’t replace him directly with anyone better unless a draft pick does something very unexpected. They could trade a pick for a more ready to contribute player. That might be the closest thing to a Burks replacement that is possible.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/23/2024  9:13 PM
fishmike wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Pretty wild to think of how TOR was unable to get a front court of OG-Siakam-Precious to win at a high level. The defense and even offensive blend of talents there is really good.

Maybe we have a good coach?

I liked Thibs when he got here. At this point I would lay in traffic for the guy. He's done such a good job. Next level up.. here we go

Yessir.
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/23/2024  9:32 PM
Thibs playoff record sucks. He's 31-41. We can talk around that fact, but it sucks. Until that changes (and I hope it does) he should be called a good regular season coach. Thats it.
Panos
2/23/2024  10:28 PM
Knixkik wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Better option for what though is the question. The depth is already good. I get the injuries have really tested it but that’s not something that can be prepared for. Knicks have 2 first round picks. Those players will not be better than Burks right away, but obviously they are drafted for upside. The rotation is already strong without Burks. Obviously they can just keep him but they won’t replace him directly with anyone better unless a draft pick does something very unexpected. They could trade a pick for a more ready to contribute player. That might be the closest thing to a Burks replacement that is possible.

Better option for a combo guard off the bench.
I don’t know who the free agents are this offseason, but last year they signed DDV and the year before was JB.
So I’m hoping they find one more for the bench.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/23/2024  11:43 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

For sure. But who? Who is coming to the Knicks to be a 13th man?

And they also got at least 1 draft pick too.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Panos
2/24/2024  12:01 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

For sure. But who? Who is coming to the Knicks to be a 13th man?

And they also got at least 1 draft pick too.

Right now all our depth is in the front court:
SF(/PF) OG, jHart, Bogs
PF Randle
PF/C Achiuwa
C iHart, Mitch, Simms

At the PG/SG there is only JB, DDV, Burks and Deuce. I'm not talking about a 13th man. I'm talking about the first guard off the bench to replace Burks

Achiuwa has been great…where does he fit into a healthy rotation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy