[Game Thread 2/14/24 @7pm] Knicks at Magic
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/15/2024  6:46 AM
Thank God it's Friday! (All Star Break)

Another bad 2nd quarter sank us.
Guys showed why they can't be counted on to play big minutes.
Deuce 2-11, Burks 5-16 in his first start.
J Hart continues to worry me.
Hopefully Burks and Bod work on defensive rotations and fitting in on offense over break.

These two past games show how hard it is for one player (Brunson) to carry a mediocre team.
How IHarts play was so impactful.
How maybe the answer was to keep Grimes(defense) and pick up a waived spark plug(Dinwiddie)
But true judgment comes only when we have our full roster healthy.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/15/2024  7:04 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:Thank God it's Friday! (All Star Break)

Hopefully Burks and Bod work on defensive rotations and fitting in on offense over break.

These two past games show how hard it is for one player (Brunson) to carry a mediocre team.
How maybe the answer was to keep Grimes(defense) and pick up a waived spark plug(Dinwiddie)

You actually made me think it was somehow Friday for a few seconds.

The rollercoaster of emotions is now crushing my soul.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/15/2024  9:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2024  9:50 AM

I just ch cord in to see what’s up with our boys. Looks like Isiah Stewart punched a Suns player in the face in the parking lot and got arrested, Fournier played in the rotation, Grimes is still out with h his knee and Flynn is still a garbage time mini es eater on a scrub team

Rookie

2/15/2024  9:58 AM
lol this is gold

Fred Katz: Tom Thibodeau on if he’s happy that the All-Star break is coming up, given all the injuries: “I’m never happy.” – via Twitter FredKatz
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/15/2024  10:07 AM
ToddTT wrote:

You actually made me think it was somehow Friday for a few seconds.

The rollercoaster of emotions is now crushing my soul.

Man. Limping into the break something fierce. Cannot wait to get our team back.

This is the Randle.
Rookie

2/15/2024  10:29 AM
One bright spot:

Jacob Toppin 11 points, 4 rebounds in 17 minutes. He even made a 3

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/15/2024  10:44 AM
Rookie wrote:lol this is gold

Fred Katz: Tom Thibodeau on if he’s happy that the All-Star break is coming up, given all the injuries: “I’m never happy.” – via Twitter FredKatz

I like to catch the presser after game with Thibs... he is quietly a funny, jokey dude. Same jokes all the time but he holds on to the bit in a pleasing way.

He could be boring but he is not. Definitely repetitive but in a good way IMHO

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

2/15/2024  11:12 AM
Knixkik wrote:Burks looking slow out there.

I was thinking SOFT.

Soft with the ball (flailing and flopping all over), defending (no physicality) and shot-selection (horrid) —- so far.

LivingLegend

2/15/2024  11:15 AM
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Losing blows.

Losing “Grimes for these two pistons” blows.

That piston stink has a mildew smell.

My guess, it takes time to remove.

Grimes was, is and will be meh. Bogey will likely be trade in summer (as would have Grimes) and Burks could be back or not. That trade did make us softer but if we get to a big spot in playoffs and ball swings to,open shooter (much prefer Bogey/Burks) vs Grimes panicking as ball arrives.

LivingLegend

2/15/2024  11:19 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
blkexec wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Losing blows.

Losing Grimes for these two pistons blows.

That piston stink has a mildew smell.

My guess, it takes time to remove.

A bit harsh. Guessing that Bogs isnt used to putting this much effort on D, and got hurt in the process. Burks looks like he had more freedom to create on a cellar dweller. Burks is starting to show better decision making, and he's starting to hit those 3s.

They're being counted on now more than they will be when we're at full strength. Grimes needs more seasoning before he can help a contender, which is what we need right now. No complaints here.

The 2x new guys will benefit greatly from our bigs, Julius and OG returning.

These 2 are not tough, physical or defensive minded but when surrounded by our bigs and playing with other solid defenders they will have the ball less and basically become open shot makers. The better we defend the more open shots they will see.

I think we see their biggest positives once team is back in order and their roles are more defined as simply shooters.

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
2/15/2024  11:25 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2024  11:52 AM
Rookie wrote:One bright spot:

We were giving Taj a ton of minutes over this guy. I am not saying he is going to be amazing but he can contribute. Taj is done. We should have given Toppin some more NBA reps while injured to get him used to things so he could contribute more. I love Taj but I hope we don't bring him back now.

LivingLegend

2/15/2024  11:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2024  11:32 AM
J-Sims has incredible ability to be a 1/2 step late on every play and for all the jumping can’t win jump ball —- definitely 3rd string big.

Precious on the other hand could fit nice in rotation with Towns/I-Hart

Clean
2/15/2024  11:33 AM
LivingLegend

2/15/2024  11:34 AM
Clean wrote:

We were giving Taj a ton of minutes of this guy. I am not saying he is going to be amazing but he can contribute. Taj is done. We should have given Toppin some more NBA reps while injured to get him used to things so he could contribute more. I love Taj but I hope we don't bring him back now.

Key will be - does he get strong enough to legitimately defend all 3’s and 4’s and does he develop all-around game —- he seems to have more defensive upside vs Obi

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/15/2024  12:21 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
Clean wrote:

We were giving Taj a ton of minutes of this guy. I am not saying he is going to be amazing but he can contribute. Taj is done. We should have given Toppin some more NBA reps while injured to get him used to things so he could contribute more. I love Taj but I hope we don't bring him back now.

Key will be - does he get strong enough to legitimately defend all 3’s and 4’s and does he develop all-around game —- he seems to have more defensive upside vs Obi

Yeah, all he needs is a decent corner 3 and I can see him filling into the rotation. I like the profile his body type gives us as a wing defender.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Clean
2/15/2024  3:58 PM
[Game Thread 2/14/24 @7pm] Knicks at Magic

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy