[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?
Author Thread
joec32033
Alba Posts: 37
Member: #583
USA
2/27/2024  3:08 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:5 years, 60m. Structure the contract as best fits the other contracts. I see a lot of undeveloped possibilities here that could make that contract earn out.

1) Hustle. Can;t get the image of him jumping through legs to tie up the loose ball. Dangerous but man that;s good hustle.

2) Rebounding. That;s only gonna get better here. He has real strength that allows him to get position on the block.

3) Wingspan. 6;8 height with a 7;0 wingspan. Hes got really good length for his position.

4) On Ball Defense. He has solid footwork and stays in front of his man pretty well. Generates steals with that wingspan.

5) Willingness to shoot. Ok. Shooting itself needs work. He could use some more coaching on form. But he is a willing shooter and finds the right places from the floor to shoot from. But this is something we can work with.

I;m a fan. I would sign him to a solid long term contract to get the benefits of his development.

I think this is fair.
Thats DDV money.
Im thinking 3 years 21-24 mil with team option year three.
Most likely im trading him at some point. Naz earned his big money, Precious can also.

iHart signed for two years, 16mil and had a better cred coming in. Bit of a templete for me.
Im not hating on him, just being real in my opinion.

If I am ;Thinking Anthony Randlolph;, then perhaps I am even more cautious?

This is more in line with my expectation.
I don't think he goes from a throw-in to $12m per year after 20 games

same. It's not that I'm against it, it' just that he didn't earn it yet

I think it's fair to ask if he's putting up hollow numbers because the team hasn't had much success with him getting those numbers

Don’t play the role of Mark Cuban negotiating with Brunson pre and then mid season.

What is the potential with Precious? How does he fit with team and coach and philosophy? Does he have a valuable role?

With a player like Precious you do have to project some, that’s just the spot the Knicks find themselves in.

And then if you don’t think he is worth closer to the MLE, know you will be going into a contract situation where you are not just having to discuss $ numbers with his agent, you are also putting yourself into a spot of also competing against every other team that may need the services of a 24yo PF who can play small ball 5, take your all NBA starters minutes for a month at a time and perform admirably, all the while owning an intriguing but under developed 3 point shot.

That’s not worth $10+M a year?

Meanwhile Precious is gonna be all “what does a brother have to do around here” 😅

The difference between an extra $2-3m per over 5 seasons when we are talking <2% of cap?

If it's 2-3 million, it's not my money, whatever, that said:

I don't think that's all he wants. Do you?

I also value or cap flexibility and I don't know, I guess I want to see him produce while winning games before locking into him longterm? That's not being pragmatic?

Let's take money out of the equation for a second. What has Precious actually accomplished here?

You have to look more so at his skill set. He is a 4/5 that can guard post to perimeter. Offers a guy who can be placed on faceup ball on the floor Siakam type of players to compliment IHart who is more of anchor in the paint. He does so without being so limited offensively that your playing 4 on 5 on offense. This combination already makes him a hard to find player. So if your just looking at basic numbers 8pts-7.5rebs-1blk in 26mins than sure that comes off as replaceable numbers that you don't want to over pay for. But that's not the whole scope.

If he were to get his 3pt shot respectable to go along with his game in and game out rebounding and defensive capabilities. Then you have yourself a high end piece at a position that not to many teams are have it at the 4. Just think about it. How many teams have a 4/5 that can guard post to perimeter who for arguments sake could also space the floor as well as rebound at the rate he can? And all he is really missing out of that is the consistent three point shot. If he had that he would be looking at money in the teens.

Combination of OG, Precious, IHart/Mitch offers a complete frontcourt Voltron defensively. Which is perfect around scorers like Brunson & Randle. There is a reason why we were beating the crap out of teams. You lock that in and mold that. Precious (& IHart for that matter) develop that 3. You get that defensive voltron with spacing for Brunson/Randle to go to work.

You basucally end up with Jerami Grant.

~You can't run from who you are.~
AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/27/2024  8:54 AM
joec32033 wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
martin wrote:
SupremeCommander wrote:
Panos wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:5 years, 60m. Structure the contract as best fits the other contracts. I see a lot of undeveloped possibilities here that could make that contract earn out.

1) Hustle. Can;t get the image of him jumping through legs to tie up the loose ball. Dangerous but man that;s good hustle.

2) Rebounding. That;s only gonna get better here. He has real strength that allows him to get position on the block.

3) Wingspan. 6;8 height with a 7;0 wingspan. Hes got really good length for his position.

4) On Ball Defense. He has solid footwork and stays in front of his man pretty well. Generates steals with that wingspan.

5) Willingness to shoot. Ok. Shooting itself needs work. He could use some more coaching on form. But he is a willing shooter and finds the right places from the floor to shoot from. But this is something we can work with.

I;m a fan. I would sign him to a solid long term contract to get the benefits of his development.

I think this is fair.
Thats DDV money.
Im thinking 3 years 21-24 mil with team option year three.
Most likely im trading him at some point. Naz earned his big money, Precious can also.

iHart signed for two years, 16mil and had a better cred coming in. Bit of a templete for me.
Im not hating on him, just being real in my opinion.

If I am ;Thinking Anthony Randlolph;, then perhaps I am even more cautious?

This is more in line with my expectation.
I don't think he goes from a throw-in to $12m per year after 20 games

same. It's not that I'm against it, it' just that he didn't earn it yet

I think it's fair to ask if he's putting up hollow numbers because the team hasn't had much success with him getting those numbers

Don’t play the role of Mark Cuban negotiating with Brunson pre and then mid season.

What is the potential with Precious? How does he fit with team and coach and philosophy? Does he have a valuable role?

With a player like Precious you do have to project some, that’s just the spot the Knicks find themselves in.

And then if you don’t think he is worth closer to the MLE, know you will be going into a contract situation where you are not just having to discuss $ numbers with his agent, you are also putting yourself into a spot of also competing against every other team that may need the services of a 24yo PF who can play small ball 5, take your all NBA starters minutes for a month at a time and perform admirably, all the while owning an intriguing but under developed 3 point shot.

That’s not worth $10+M a year?

Meanwhile Precious is gonna be all “what does a brother have to do around here” 😅

The difference between an extra $2-3m per over 5 seasons when we are talking <2% of cap?

If it's 2-3 million, it's not my money, whatever, that said:

I don't think that's all he wants. Do you?

I also value or cap flexibility and I don't know, I guess I want to see him produce while winning games before locking into him longterm? That's not being pragmatic?

Let's take money out of the equation for a second. What has Precious actually accomplished here?

You have to look more so at his skill set. He is a 4/5 that can guard post to perimeter. Offers a guy who can be placed on faceup ball on the floor Siakam type of players to compliment IHart who is more of anchor in the paint. He does so without being so limited offensively that your playing 4 on 5 on offense. This combination already makes him a hard to find player. So if your just looking at basic numbers 8pts-7.5rebs-1blk in 26mins than sure that comes off as replaceable numbers that you don't want to over pay for. But that's not the whole scope.

If he were to get his 3pt shot respectable to go along with his game in and game out rebounding and defensive capabilities. Then you have yourself a high end piece at a position that not to many teams are have it at the 4. Just think about it. How many teams have a 4/5 that can guard post to perimeter who for arguments sake could also space the floor as well as rebound at the rate he can? And all he is really missing out of that is the consistent three point shot. If he had that he would be looking at money in the teens.

Combination of OG, Precious, IHart/Mitch offers a complete frontcourt Voltron defensively. Which is perfect around scorers like Brunson & Randle. There is a reason why we were beating the crap out of teams. You lock that in and mold that. Precious (& IHart for that matter) develop that 3. You get that defensive voltron with spacing for Brunson/Randle to go to work.

You basucally end up with Jerami Grant.

Grant was never a good rebounder is more of a 3/4 wing who u slide to 4 for better spacing. Precious is more of a 4/5 big. Will most likely will never touch Grant offensively with his ability to create/shoot/score. But has better capabilities as a rebounder/defender/inside dirty work hustle. Hopefully with an above average 3pt shot.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy