[ IMAGES: Images OFF turn on | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?
Author Thread
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/17/2024  8:05 PM
I knew Achuiwa by his last name before he became a Knick. Dont remember the announcers calling him Precious. Maybe because he wasnt in the game long enough. Or Im old.

At first I thought he was an older player from the way he looked and moved. Looked like Herb Williams as a Knick.

But lately Ive seen a lot more energy from Achiuwa, he's showing a better nose for the ball, around the rim. He's reacting faster. Making quicker decisions.

What to pay him in the offseason is a good question, because most of us want to see iHart brought back as well.

Leon is going to have his work cut out for him in the offseason, balancing all those contracts. The playoffs will give Rose a better idea of who to keep, and what to offer.

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/18/2024  8:19 PM
martin wrote:Is Precious any worse or better than Lakers Jarred Vanderbilt? Or just different?

I haven’t seen Jarred much

Fairly similar actually.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/19/2024  9:17 AM

Nice bit on the Thibs effect. Precious' rim attempts are up 20% since joining the Knicks and his mid-range attempts have disappeared. Hopefully Precious continues to accept this role.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/19/2024  11:27 AM
I’d offer him a deal similar to what Deuce or Sims got
DLeethal wrote: Lol Rick needs a safe space
CanItGetAnyWorse
Member: #8906

2/19/2024  11:37 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I'd offer him a deal similar to what Deuce or Sims got

I hope his play didn’t price him out here.
Just looking at salaries and bringing in a star, we might want to sign IHart and Precious and trade Mitch.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/19/2024  2:57 PM

Well his qualifying is $6.2M. So it’s that or - mostly - let him go?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/19/2024  4:28 PM
martin wrote:

I'd say $6M-ish is fine. He's become a rotation guy, with obvious weaknesses.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/19/2024  5:10 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are in a good position to retain him on a fair deal. Unless some other team makes this RFA a bonkers deal. Simple as that.

Although if someone like Lakers Jarred Vanderbilt can get what amounts to an $11m per deal for about $40M over 4 years, $6.2M per doesn’t seem likely?

BigDaddyG

2/19/2024  6:24 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks are in a good position to retain him on a fair deal. Unless some other team makes this RFA a bonkers deal. Simple as that.

Although if someone like Lakers Jarred Vanderbilt can get what amounts to an $11m per deal for about $40M over 4 years, $6.2M per doesn’t seem likely?

Jarred Vanderbilt is better.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/19/2024  6:55 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

I don’t know him as a player. How so?

BigDaddyG

2/19/2024  7:29 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

A little bit more fluid, functional and projectable offensively. He also has a higher IQ on ofense. Defensively, I'd rank Vanderbilt 3,4,5 in terms of defensive effectiveness. I'd rank Precious 's effectives in terms of guarding positions as 4,5,3. Should also add, the Wolves were a bit desperate when they gave Vanderbilt that contract due to their cap situation.

martin
USA
2/19/2024  7:34 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

A little bit more fluid, functional and projectable offensively. He also has a higher IQ on ofense. Defensively, I'd rank Vanderbilt 3,4,5 in terms of defensive effectiveness. I'd rank Precious 's effectives in terms of guarding positions as 4,5,3. Should also add, the Wolves were a bit desperate when they gave Vanderbilt that contract due to their cap situation.

Lakers?

BigDaddyG

2/19/2024  8:28 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Lakers?

My bad, meant Lakers.

martin
USA
2/19/2024  8:33 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:

Lakers?

My bad, meant Lakers.

I have no real feel for what low end guys should expect. MLE was $12M for this year. Precious should get less than that and prob less than Jarrod too but above his qualifying offer?

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/20/2024  9:19 AM
Randle, Mitch, Bojan will most likely regulate his mins going into the playoffs.

2 years at QO is probably what ends up happening. At most he gets a Hartenstein type deal for 2 years 16mil.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/22/2024  10:25 PM
This kid has been a consistent workhorse since he got here and esp since Randle went down.
He’s exactly what the doctor ordered for a backup 4.
I’m a buyer.
martin
USA
2/22/2024  10:49 PM
Yeah I don’t know how you can ask for more. Precious is a valuable piece
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/22/2024  11:15 PM
Saved our bacon.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/23/2024  7:36 AM
5 years, 60m. Structure the contract as best fits the other contracts. I see a lot of undeveloped possibilities here that could make that contract earn out.

1) Hustle. Can’t get the image of him jumping through legs to tie up the loose ball. Dangerous but man that’s good hustle.

2) Rebounding. That’s only gonna get better here. He has real strength that allows him to get position on the block.

3) Wingspan. 6’8 height with a 7’0 wingspan. He’s got really good length for his position.

4) On Ball Defense. He has solid footwork and stays in front of his man pretty well. Generates steals with that wingspan.

5) Willingness to shoot. Ok. Shooting itself needs work. He could use some more coaching on form. But he is a willing shooter and finds the right places from the floor to shoot from. But this is something we can work with.

I’m a fan. I would sign him to a solid long term contract to get the benefits of his development.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/23/2024  8:00 AM
So what was the issue in TOronto that he was this “Throw in”?
Effort? Work ethic? He inspired to be knick, or in a contract year to get paid? He a dog or just a hungry one?
Once he gets fed, then what? I suppose Leon and the professionals got a read on him.
He is getting minutes and finding his rhythm. Its good!
If he is just a 15 min back up, then what?
Im happy, but have to ask these questions among the faithful. THe professionals have to be accountable for the decisions beyond this seasons.
If we resign him Precious has to play up to the contract so he can be traded if need be.
Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy