[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/15/2024  1:56 PM
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:One other thing about Precious is that he's a picture perfect 4 man next to KAT. Also a good fit with Thibs next to Embiid IMO.

So then you are saying Minny tries to sign him this summer

Without knowing their roster or their backup F/C situation I would say he would fit in great there with their defense/rebounding approach and his ability to play next to both KAT and Rudy.

AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/15/2024  4:47 PM
Naz?
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/15/2024  7:38 PM
DLeethal wrote:One other thing about Precious is that he's a picture perfect 4 man next to KAT. Also a good fit with Thibs next to Embiid IMO.

I don't think Thibs can play anymore. He's washed up.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/15/2024  8:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2024  8:33 PM
For what it’s worth, if the Knicks resign OG starting at 30 a year, Ihart starting at 13 a year, and draft 2 rookies, Knicks will likely have to choose between Burks and Achiuwa in the 6-8 a year range to be over luxury tax but avoid the first apron. A lot of moving figures here of course. If they don’t care about the first apron that’s fine, resign them all. But they may opt to avoid paying 1 of them and instead have a minimum contract like J Toppin plus bringing Archie back to round out the roster at a cheap rate.
Knixkik
USA
2/15/2024  8:33 PM
Randle, Brunson, Mitch, DDV, hart, Bogs, Deuce and Sims total approx 122M for next year. Add OG starting at 30 and Ihart at 13 comes to 165M. Luxury tax will be in the 170M range. Let’s say they sign Achiuwa for a contract starting at 6M. That’s 171M. Just over the tax. First apron will be 7M over that. 2 first round picks will be about 5M total. Toppin at the minimum puts them right up to the first apron for 14 contracts. It will be tight. Just have to see what they are willing to do. They can likely avoid the second apron no matter what but they may want some more wiggle room.
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/15/2024  9:37 PM
Knixkik wrote:Randle, Brunson, Mitch, DDV, hart, Bogs, Deuce and Sims total approx 122M for next year. Add OG starting at 30 and Ihart at 13 comes to 165M. Luxury tax will be in the 170M range. Let’s say they sign Achiuwa for a contract starting at 6M. That’s 171M. Just over the tax. First apron will be 7M over that. 2 first round picks will be about 5M total. Toppin at the minimum puts them right up to the first apron for 14 contracts. It will be tight. Just have to see what they are willing to do. They can likely avoid the second apron no matter what but they may want some more wiggle room.

Not only that but Brunson & Randle are both due extensions year after next. Odds are they aren't keeping Bojan at the $19mil in salary though for next season. They will either package him with another player like Mitch which generates $33mil for an stud.

Or they will work deal where they terminate the $19mil and he resigns for like $9-10mil over the next 2 seasons. Sure he will be happy to stick with a contending team at a cheaper salary for the next 2 seasons.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/16/2024  3:53 AM
Knixkik wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:
TheMTL wrote:Knicks going to resign Precious. I believe he will be Randle's true backup eventually. I love Bogs but his contract will be a huge trade chip next season, so I'm not sure if he's in our long term plans.

Bogs seems like an empty stat player. Yes his scoring is great. He can assist some. But his d... After having watched him for a couple of games... Fking atrocious. Gives me the David Lee vibes without the rebounding. Boxing out is foreign to him. Not impressed. I am afraid that once he starts hitting that 3 he will be more palatable. Really not into him. Just play Deuce...

Bogs isn’t empty stats off the bench. That’s where he should excel as long as his role isn’t too big.

I really hope you are right. We do need the scoring. As long as he is just average on D he would be a +
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Knixkik
USA
2/16/2024  7:28 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2024  7:29 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Randle, Brunson, Mitch, DDV, hart, Bogs, Deuce and Sims total approx 122M for next year. Add OG starting at 30 and Ihart at 13 comes to 165M. Luxury tax will be in the 170M range. Let’s say they sign Achiuwa for a contract starting at 6M. That’s 171M. Just over the tax. First apron will be 7M over that. 2 first round picks will be about 5M total. Toppin at the minimum puts them right up to the first apron for 14 contracts. It will be tight. Just have to see what they are willing to do. They can likely avoid the second apron no matter what but they may want some more wiggle room.

Not only that but Brunson & Randle are both due extensions year after next. Odds are they aren't keeping Bojan at the $19mil in salary though for next season. They will either package him with another player like Mitch which generates $33mil for an stud.

Or they will work deal where they terminate the $19mil and he resigns for like $9-10mil over the next 2 seasons. Sure he will be happy to stick with a contending team at a cheaper salary for the next 2 seasons.

My guess is he and Mitch are the contracts packaged for a star player if that players becomes available. If it doesn’t, these are the numbers we have to work with. Bogs contract will remain on the books until the trade deadline and either traded for another contract that extends beyond the year or maybe they extend him at a smaller number. The money is going to start getting tight in the sense that the team has to feel like it’s ready to contend to go beyond the luxury tax. They will have their picks still to work with , but otherwise I know there starts to become restrictions to work around. Knicks have good depth but injuries hit as we see. They need to hope they are covered across the board. College players who are 3, 4, or 5 year players hold a lot more value because they can step in an contribute hopefully and are cheap. Knicks can add 2 situational contributors in the first round this year if they draft well. They need the depth so I doubt they draft a project. It will be a 21-23 year old that has nba ready skills similar to grimes or McBride.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/16/2024  8:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2024  8:43 AM
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

My guess is he and Mitch are the contracts packaged for a star player if that players becomes available. If it doesn’t, these are the numbers we have to work with. Bogs contract will remain on the books until the trade deadline and either traded for another contract that extends beyond the year or maybe they extend him at a smaller number. The money is going to start getting tight in the sense that the team has to feel like it’s ready to contend to go beyond the luxury tax. They will have their picks still to work with , but otherwise I know there starts to become restrictions to work around. Knicks have good depth but injuries hit as we see. They need to hope they are covered across the board. College players who are 3, 4, or 5 year players hold a lot more value because they can step in an contribute hopefully and are cheap. Knicks can add 2 situational contributors in the first round this year if they draft well. They need the depth so I doubt they draft a project. It will be a 21-23 year old that has nba ready skills similar to grimes or McBride.

I get what your saying. But at some point the Knicks can't keep just holding contracts hoping for a star player. If they aren't able to land one this offseason, then they should focus on building a deep team overall that will contend over the next few seasons while all these other teams get buried by the new tax laws.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/16/2024  9:12 AM

That's interesting. I agree. I'm a little concerned about how good he is playing b/c unless he can shoot a little more I'm not sure I like the idea of him playing his way into mins at the 4 after guys come back. If he is this good I could see the team bringing back I-Hart, signing Precious as his backup, and exploring a Mitch trade in the off season

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/16/2024  9:47 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I get what your saying. But at some point the Knicks can't keep just holding contracts hoping for a star player. If they aren't able to land one this offseason, then they should focus on building a deep team overall that will contend over the next few seasons while all these other teams get buried by the new tax laws.

The aggregate of what Leon and Co are doing (we usually credit Aller for this) is to keep the assets in place year to year and regurgitating them.
By that, lets say we turn one of our first round picks this year to another. The value to the team trading for it sees an immediate need and say gives us another (protected of course) and a future 2nd.
We have done this before and its how we got here. We then used some of those picks to pay for the tamper, to give Detroit for cap space to sign Brunson, etc. Its currency. When you spend it it dilutes. Like an electric generating water dam. If the power is not needed/demand they pump the water back up to the reservoir. It burns power but its returned again when released. Granted, its diluted but better than wasting it.

At this juncture knick I believe will continue to improve and perhaps what you say has happened? Who'd have thought Brunson would be this good? The OG trade was a consolation of sorts and by deleting RJ and IQ our defense got better. With OG its elite. It brings the team into Thibs ideal and blueprint.
Im not saying we got here by accident but by design. But I'm not naïve to say its not a perfect design, its was fulfilling a goal and perhaps it was not just about OG but other players we did not accomplish by getting.
On a white board somewhere are Giannis, Embiid, DM,KAT, DJM, and others and the path to get them and grades to priority, costs, and value. The list changes I can imagine as is our expendable players.
We are inching our way to be within striking distance to top tier contention. Its a big leap though. Not easy.

DLeethal

2/16/2024  9:54 AM
Panos wrote:

I meant that with a lot of coaches you would want a stretch 4 to play next to Embiid. With Thibs you probably want a banger who can offensive rebound and guard the elite face up 4s of the league.

DLeethal

2/16/2024  10:12 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2024  10:13 AM
Knicks usually forecast their moves with preliminary moves. I think locking up Jericho for cheap multiyear might have been a "tell" about the future of the expensive C platoon we have here. Mitch is starting to feel like IQ where you pretty much knew the writing was eventually going to on the wall after they signed DDV. With iHart and Precious emergence and a cheap capable young depth piece.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/16/2024  10:26 AM
Precious next to KAT is interesting for sure if we went that route.
cooch2584
Member: #1187

2/16/2024  11:38 AM
Dont want kat, hes a part time player
Knixkik
USA
2/16/2024  8:09 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2024  8:10 PM
nycericanguy wrote:Precious next to KAT is interesting for sure if we went that route.

Yeah that’s a really interesting point. But they would have to really see KAT as a major upgrade over Randle. But I could eventually see Hartenstein and KAT starting with Achiuwa off the bench. Not sure if I see Achiuwa as a starter given the lack of offense but I guess I can’t rule it out.

Knixkik
USA
2/16/2024  8:12 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:

I do believe they are doing what you said, building a deep team that can contend. If guys like Brunson, OG, DDV, Hartenstein etc take another step forward I don’t see why they wouldn’t be knocking on the door of contention. This is still a pretty young team with some upside to get better.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/16/2024  9:35 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Panos wrote:
I meant that with a lot of coaches you would want a stretch 4 to play next to Embiid. With Thibs you probably want a banger who can offensive rebound and guard the elite face up 4s of the league.

Sorry, I was just joking around

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/17/2024  6:03 PM
Is Precious any worse or better than Lakers Jarred Vanderbilt? Or just different?

I haven’t seen Jarred much

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
cooch2584
Member: #1187

2/17/2024  6:59 PM
i hear about him but domt watch him play
martin wrote:Is Precious any worse or better than Lakers Jarred Vanderbilt? Or just different?

I haven’t seen Jarred much

Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy