[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2024  12:29 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:
I see him as a back up 4 as he was intended to be.
At 6-8 his size is not ideal for center. Sims might be just 6-9 but he is a beast.

Knixkik lays it out thats how things are for this year but longer term I doubt that sticks.
Josh Hart could be traded. Sounds sacrilege. Bojan I suspect we pick up his contract he eventually gets traded.
Burks could stick a few years.
One of ihart or mitch goes.

I cannot see what changes will be but I know our FO and coaches will figure new **** out.
Precious has thrived under Thibs and the opportunity given. Players don’t want to play for Thibs are perhaps those on last big deals and if they don’t make the boss happy they sit. Thibs is getting players paid!!!

I highly doubt hart gets traded. That’s Brunson’s guy. Can’t touch him or DDV.

But Arch gets passed around like a blunt.

15th level guys at end of bench used to be human cigars but these kids are all grown up and we've moved on to the more socially acceptable blunts.

Approved.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
2/14/2024  12:33 PM
VDesai wrote:
martin wrote:Precious is a 3point shot away from a $20M contract.

It's the only thing he should be doing in his off time

Yeah if he could hit a 3 than he'd get Grant Williams money I guess.

Oh wow, Grant only in around $13M and he can shoot from distance. I need to re-calibrate.

martin
USA
2/14/2024  1:22 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2024  1:52 PM
Funny, Prec first two games fans wanted to throw him in the waiver wire room.
Now he is "indispensable".
Lets put this in perspective:

1. They will negotiate. He fits the budget or not.
2. Other free agents will be out there.

But...... Qualifying Offer: $6,275,862 how high will other teams go?
He is good, and Im happy but can't "Box out" other opportunities either. Can't keep everyone.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/14/2024  2:29 PM
Nalod wrote:Funny, Prec first two games fans wanted to throw him in the waiver wire room.
Now he is "indispensable".
Lets put this in perspective:

1. They will negotiate. He fits the budget or not.
2. Other free agents will be out there.

But...... Qualifying Offer: $6,275,862 how high will other teams go?
He is good, and Im happy but can't "Box out" other opportunities either. Can't keep everyone.

I def didn't think much of him when we acquired him in the trade. Figured just a warm body to cover our glaring need at back PF. But he is a keeper. 25 years and room to grow with a 3pt shot, flexibility to slide in between the 4 & 5.

While I love Mitch. With Randle, Precious, Hartenstein. Moving Mitch for other needs and sliding in a rookie that has more outside shooting capability to compliment the trio just named might be the play. Rookie can be brought along slowly behind those other guys.

Mitch and Bojan would attribute to $33mil in salary.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/14/2024  2:35 PM
Precious was close to NBA purgatory before Thibs and the Randle injury resurrected his game. But being real I don't think the majority of coaches would prioritize a non-shooting offensive rebounding oriented 4 man in this league. Thibs is Thibs and will play Precious and Taj or Sims next to each other to try and get an edge on the boards. Probably 1 of 1 who would do that in the modern NBA. I wouldn't bring out the brinks truck for him and I wouldn't give Burks a big contract, because we can fill those roles with draft picks. Precious' role is a small one if we are at full strength. iHart and OG are the focuses, if we can resign Precious to a fair deal we should do that too, but need to be realistic what his role will be and what we will pay for that.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/14/2024  3:50 PM
DLeethal wrote:Precious was close to NBA purgatory before Thibs and the Randle injury resurrected his game. But being real I don't think the majority of coaches would prioritize a non-shooting offensive rebounding oriented 4 man in this league. Thibs is Thibs and will play Precious and Taj or Sims next to each other to try and get an edge on the boards. Probably 1 of 1 who would do that in the modern NBA. I wouldn't bring out the brinks truck for him and I wouldn't give Burks a big contract, because we can fill those roles with draft picks. Precious' role is a small one if we are at full strength. iHart and OG are the focuses, if we can resign Precious to a fair deal we should do that too, but need to be realistic what his role will be and what we will pay for that.
cause he's an analytics pioneer?

Knicks are 9th best in PPP scored and 8th best in opponents PPP.. we still rolling with the Thib's and his antiquated offense propaganda? Cmon now

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2024  5:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  5:12 PM
DLeethal wrote:Precious was close to NBA purgatory before Thibs and the Randle injury resurrected his game. But being real I don't think the majority of coaches would prioritize a non-shooting offensive rebounding oriented 4 man in this league. Thibs is Thibs and will play Precious and Taj or Sims next to each other to try and get an edge on the boards. Probably 1 of 1 who would do that in the modern NBA. I wouldn't bring out the brinks truck for him and I wouldn't give Burks a big contract, because we can fill those roles with draft picks. Precious' role is a small one if we are at full strength. iHart and OG are the focuses, if we can resign Precious to a fair deal we should do that too, but need to be realistic what his role will be and what we will pay for that.

We could draft a guy like Oso Ighadaro in the late first round who can provide Achiuwa type minutes to be honest. There’s always solid energy bigs in the draft that are nba ready because they were 4 year college players. But I’m happy keeping Achiuwa for sure. The question becomes, is Achiuwa happy being a part time player in NY or does he want a full time rotation role someplace else?

TheMTL
Member: #9140

2/14/2024  5:45 PM
Knicks going to resign Precious. I believe he will be Randle's true backup eventually. I love Bogs but his contract will be a huge trade chip next season, so I'm not sure if he's in our long term plans.
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/14/2024  6:10 PM
TheMTL wrote:Knicks going to resign Precious. I believe he will be Randle's true backup eventually. I love Bogs but his contract will be a huge trade chip next season, so I'm not sure if he's in our long term plans.

Bogs seems like an empty stat player. Yes his scoring is great. He can assist some. But his d... After having watched him for a couple of games... Fking atrocious. Gives me the David Lee vibes without the rebounding. Boxing out is foreign to him. Not impressed. I am afraid that once he starts hitting that 3 he will be more palatable. Really not into him. Just play Deuce...

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2024  6:28 PM
ramtour420 wrote:
TheMTL wrote:Knicks going to resign Precious. I believe he will be Randle's true backup eventually. I love Bogs but his contract will be a huge trade chip next season, so I'm not sure if he's in our long term plans.

Bogs seems like an empty stat player. Yes his scoring is great. He can assist some. But his d... After having watched him for a couple of games... Fking atrocious. Gives me the David Lee vibes without the rebounding. Boxing out is foreign to him. Not impressed. I am afraid that once he starts hitting that 3 he will be more palatable. Really not into him. Just play Deuce...

Bogs isn’t empty stats off the bench. That’s where he should excel as long as his role isn’t too big.

JesseDark
Member: #467
2/14/2024  8:35 PM
I'm not sold on Precious as the primary backup 4,his shot is not consistent and I never have confidence that he is going to make it. If he develops his game a little more then I can see it.
Bring back dee-fense
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2024  8:39 PM
JesseDark wrote:I'm not sold on Precious as the primary backup 4,his shot is not consistent and I never have confidence that he is going to make it. If he develops his game a little more then I can see it.

He’s not a natural 4 or 5. Definitely a tweener. It’s just a matter of if coaching can make him a good or bad tweener.

BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/15/2024  5:12 AM
I would gladly give him the 10mil Burks is getting. Backup 4 small ball 5. He isn't suited to play the 5 very much but, he offers more in versatility and offense than all of iHart/Mitch/Sims. Will be interesting to see how they handle this off season for sure. Is there a big trade? What do they do with iHart/Precious? How they build the bench? Without a big trade I see the starting 5 staying the same.
martin
USA
2/15/2024  8:55 AM
DLeethal

2/15/2024  8:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2024  9:00 AM
fishmike wrote:

Knicks are 9th best in PPP scored and 8th best in opponents PPP.. we still rolling with the Thib's and his antiquated offense propaganda? Cmon now

When did I say that? You must have me mistaken for someone else. Thibs has proven to be a creative offensive coach. Still the only dude on planet Earth would would play Taj and Sims next to each other. Some of you guys get way to defensive, I've been as pro-Thibs as anyone for years and still am.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/15/2024  10:01 AM
martin wrote:

Max contract

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
DLeethal

2/15/2024  11:21 AM
One other thing about Precious is that he's a picture perfect 4 man next to KAT. Also a good fit with Thibs next to Embiid IMO.
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/15/2024  12:27 PM
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:

When did I say that? You must have me mistaken for someone else. Thibs has proven to be a creative offensive coach. Still the only dude on planet Earth would would play Taj and Sims next to each other. Some of you guys get way to defensive, I've been as pro-Thibs as anyone for years and still am.

Being a Thibs guy does make one defensive.. that is fair
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/15/2024  12:40 PM
DLeethal wrote:One other thing about Precious is that he's a picture perfect 4 man next to KAT. Also a good fit with Thibs next to Embiid IMO.

So then you are saying Minny tries to sign him this summer

Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy