[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/14/2024  8:40 AM

I see him as a back up 4 as he was intended to be.
At 6-8 his size is not ideal for center. Sims might be just 6-9 but he is a beast.

Knixkik lays it out thats how things are for this year but longer term I doubt that sticks.
Josh Hart could be traded. Sounds sacrilege. Bojan I suspect we pick up his contract he eventually gets traded.
Burks could stick a few years.
One of ihart or mitch goes.

I cannot see what changes will be but I know our FO and coaches will figure new **** out.
Precious has thrived under Thibs and the opportunity given. Players don’t want to play for Thibs are perhaps those on last big deals and if they don’t make the boss happy they sit. Thibs is getting players paid!!!

AUTOADVERT
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/14/2024  9:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:C Hartenstein/ Mitch/ Achiuwa
PF Randle/ Bogdanovic/ Achiuwa
SF Anunoby/ Hart
SG DiVincenzo/ Burks
PG Brunson/ McBride

This is such an incredibly deep roster/ rotation when healthy. It’s 9 guys plus McBride and Achiuwa as 10 and 11. I wonder if Achiuwa would accept something in the line of what McBride took but a little more. It would be interesting to see if the Knicks would pay anymore than that to a player who isn’t in a fully healthy rotation. This assumes Hartenstein and Robinson are back. I can see 3 years 15 mil. So 5 mil a year. Does another team pay him more than that with an offer sheet out of fear of the Knicks matching? There would have to be a team with a clear and obvious rotation spot and cap space. Maybe OKC who is light up front. It’s not a forgone conclusion he’s back. I think Hartenstein and Burks getting resigned are more likely because they are clear rotation players. Knicks will also have 2 first round picks. If they don’t trade 1 of them you can picture them drafting a big man for depth. Someone who can contribute but without the expectation of consistent playing time. It will be interesting to see.

I see it more
C Hartenstein/ Mitch/ Achiuwa
PF Randle/Anunoby/Achiuwa
SF Anunoby/Bojan/Hart
SG DiVincenzo/Hart/Burks
PG Brunson/Burks/McBride

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
newyorknewyork
2/14/2024  9:17 AM
fishmike wrote:25 years old next year. Not the most "skilled" guy but it looks like he's earning Thib's trust. I do not have high aspirations for him, but I think he really helps our depth. I also want to resign IHart and I want to resign Precious as well. In that situation I would give Precious the Obi minutes and he can also be the 3rd center.

I believe he's an RFA so we have his bird rights and ability to match.

His ability to guard post to perimeter guys like Siakam has been valuabe. We saw first hand the damage a OG/Precious/IHart frontcourt can do defensively. Quality rebounder, if he can get his 3ball to fall we would be golden.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/14/2024  9:40 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
fishmike wrote:25 years old next year. Not the most "skilled" guy but it looks like he's earning Thib's trust. I do not have high aspirations for him, but I think he really helps our depth. I also want to resign IHart and I want to resign Precious as well. In that situation I would give Precious the Obi minutes and he can also be the 3rd center.

I believe he's an RFA so we have his bird rights and ability to match.

His ability to guard post to perimeter guys like Siakam has been valuabe. We saw first hand the damage a OG/Precious/IHart frontcourt can do defensively. Quality rebounder, if he can get his 3ball to fall we would be golden.

Kid has been impacting game positively all over the court - great defense and rebounding. Offensively he handles the ball on the perimeter solidly with minimal TO’s - if anything we’ve done a poor job putting him in pick and rolls going downhill where he can elevate & finish nicely.

He is a discount OG defensively (maybe closer than some may believe due to limited opportunity) but he can guard 1-5 because he moves his feet and doesn’t bite on shot fakes that often.

If he can improve his 3 and finish stronger off his offensive rebounding those could be big jumps.

Thibs tends to favor bigger defensive minded line-ups and wouldn’t be surprised if Precious keeps getting some solid burn even after others return.

TheGame
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #1154
USA
2/14/2024  10:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  10:22 AM
We need to resign Precious and IHart but it will be tough to do both because we also have to resign OG. This team is built on defense. I think the Knicks should bite the bullet and resign all three as I don’t see teams bidding too much for IHart or Precious. While they are good players, neither are good outside shooters, so that will keep their annual salaries below $20 mill. I think we can resign IHart for around $15-$16 mil per year and we should be able to resign Precious for $9-$10 mill per year. We will probably opt in on Bojan so that we can have his salary for trade filler and we need another shooter/scorer, so it is going to be tough to keep the entire team. The reality is we probably will lose either IHart or Precious, but I hope the Knicks resign both.
Trust the Process
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2024  10:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  10:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
SF Anunoby/ Hart
SG DiVincenzo/ Burks
PG Brunson/ McBride

This is such an incredibly deep roster/ rotation when healthy. It’s 9 guys plus McBride and Achiuwa as 10 and 11. I wonder if Achiuwa would accept something in the line of what McBride took but a little more. It would be interesting to see if the Knicks would pay anymore than that to a player who isn’t in a fully healthy rotation. This assumes Hartenstein and Robinson are back. I can see 3 years 15 mil. So 5 mil a year. Does another team pay him more than that with an offer sheet out of fear of the Knicks matching? There would have to be a team with a clear and obvious rotation spot and cap space. Maybe OKC who is light up front. It’s not a forgone conclusion he’s back. I think Hartenstein and Burks getting resigned are more likely because they are clear rotation players. Knicks will also have 2 first round picks. If they don’t trade 1 of them you can picture them drafting a big man for depth. Someone who can contribute but without the expectation of consistent playing time. It will be interesting to see.

I see it more
C Hartenstein/ Mitch/ Achiuwa
PF Randle/Anunoby/Achiuwa
SF Anunoby/Bojan/Hart
SG DiVincenzo/Hart/Burks
PG Brunson/Burks/McBride

Most of these players are multi position guys so this is fine. Burks will absolutely see most of his minutes backing up Brunson. I just see him as a SG for depth chart purposes.

Knixkik
USA
2/14/2024  10:21 AM
Nalod wrote:
At 6-8 his size is not ideal for center. Sims might be just 6-9 but he is a beast.

Knixkik lays it out thats how things are for this year but longer term I doubt that sticks.
Josh Hart could be traded. Sounds sacrilege. Bojan I suspect we pick up his contract he eventually gets traded.

I cannot see what changes will be but I know our FO and coaches will figure new **** out.
Precious has thrived under Thibs and the opportunity given. Players don’t want to play for Thibs are perhaps those on last big deals and if they don’t make the boss happy they sit. Thibs is getting players paid!!!

I highly doubt hart gets traded. That’s Brunson’s guy. Can’t touch him or DDV.

MS
Member: #724
2/14/2024  10:28 AM
It’s unfortunate that OG is going to command a premium.

He’s incredible when he plays and a game changer, but he does few like a guy that’s always injured. I think you sign everyone and figure it out later.

The Thunder have a treasure trove of draft picks and could use Mitch or IHart. So keep our depth and assets to move is really important.

They can take and groom a wing player with the Dallas pick this year. but I think you resign everyone, outside of Burks.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/14/2024  11:00 AM
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:

But Arch gets passed around like a blunt.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/14/2024  11:01 AM
I think another factor that goes into this process is how far we go in the playoffs. If we make it to the finals, other teams are going to see our players as desirable assets that they want to add and will be willing to pay to do so. It might also help us that the players are enjoying success and want to continue it but, in the NBA, money talks. Not to many players taking home team discounts. If I had to prioritize our 4 free agents I would go:

1) OG
2) iHart
3) Chewy
4) Burks

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/14/2024  11:16 AM
I think he needs to be Randle's permanent backup. He does seem way less impactful at C than he is at PF but his versatility there is important especially if we trade Mitch and firmly plant iHart as starting C. But in any scenario, even with our C platoon, he should be here as Randle's backup.

Barring a blockbuster I would not be shocked if we draft a young wing and a young big and move on from Burks, and move on from 1 of the 2 of Mitch/Precious.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2024  11:37 AM
Precious is a 3point shot away from a $20M contract.

It's the only thing he should be doing in his off time

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
USA
2/14/2024  11:38 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He will just be resigned in the summer. His departure is always temporary. He’s just chillin in NY and never actually moving. I’m sure they already told him he will be resigned.

Knixkik
USA
2/14/2024  11:39 AM
Rookie wrote:I think another factor that goes into this process is how far we go in the playoffs. If we make it to the finals, other teams are going to see our players as desirable assets that they want to add and will be willing to pay to do so. It might also help us that the players are enjoying success and want to continue it but, in the NBA, money talks. Not to many players taking home team discounts. If I had to prioritize our 4 free agents I would go:

1) OG
2) iHart
3) Chewy
4) Burks

This seems pretty accurate as far as the order.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

2/14/2024  11:40 AM
I start out low like 6m/3years and maybe go up to 7 or 7.5
newyorknewyork
2/14/2024  11:59 AM
martin wrote:Precious is a 3point shot away from a $20M contract.

Why we got to resign him cheaper now then they can get him that development plan!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/14/2024  12:10 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:

He will just be resigned in the summer. His departure is always temporary. He’s just chillin in NY and never actually moving. I’m sure they already told him he will be resigned.

Then we can trade Arch to Cleveland for DM

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/14/2024  12:12 PM
martin wrote:Precious is a 3point shot away from a $20M contract.

Yeah if he could hit a 3 than he'd get Grant Williams money I guess.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/14/2024  12:17 PM
Rookie wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:

Then we can trade Arch to Cleveland for DM

Yeah, they can sign him to a one year $35M deal to use as salary filler.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2024  12:25 PM
SF Anunoby/ Hart
SG DiVincenzo/ Burks
PG Brunson/ McBride

I think the Knicks have lots and lots and lots of good options.

Except with iHart, he may be the most important guy they need to keep.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Precious Achiuwa... what does it cost to resign this guy?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy