Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/12/2024  11:45 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:Achiuwa a monster on the boards

With OG injured I’ve focused 100% of my man crush on Precious - love watching him.

Yeah, sloppy seconds on Precious. I'm with yuo

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/12/2024  11:55 PM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
VDesai wrote:Achiuwa a monster on the boards

With OG injured I’ve focused 100% of my man crush on Precious - love watching him.

Yeah, sloppy seconds on Precious. I'm with yuo

I wish you wouldn’t put it that way Martin

LivingLegend

2/13/2024  12:00 AM
I think Burks is a guy that will really benefit from Randle kick outs.

He’s too loose / sloppy when he has to initiate out high and either settles for quick 3 or tries to flop his way into foul shots when he drives.

Julius can take some of the ball hands away and I think Burks will make big shots more off catch shoot or catch 1..2 dribble jumpers but I get scared when he starts dribbling or inbounding ball.

Bogey needs defenders and size around him and hopefully he set in with the 3 point shooting.

martin
USA
2/13/2024  12:20 AM
LivingLegend

2/13/2024  12:26 AM
The whole “is therefore incidental and marginal” business is baloney in my opinion regardless if call is for or against Knicks.

Just because a ball is out of my hands doesn’t mean you can’t foul me or effect my follow thru.

Either a foul or not a foul but get rid of all the stupid wording.

Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
2/13/2024  12:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2024  12:27 AM
LivingLegend wrote:The whole “is therefore incidental and marginal” business is baloney in my opinion regardless if call is for or against Knicks.

Just because a ball is out of my hands doesn’t mean you can’t foul me or effect my follow thru.

Either a foul or not a foul but get rid of all the stupid wording.

The wording is how they muddy up the rules to bend them to whatever they want at the time.

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/13/2024  5:10 AM
LivingLegend wrote:I think Burks is a guy that will really benefit from Randle kick outs.

He’s too loose / sloppy when he has to initiate out high and either settles for quick 3 or tries to flop his way into foul shots when he drives.

Julius can take some of the ball hands away and I think Burks will make big shots more off catch shoot or catch 1..2 dribble jumpers but I get scared when he starts dribbling or inbounding ball.

Bogey needs defenders and size around him and hopefully he set in with the 3 point shooting.

Those two have a lot of chemistry. I think once Randle gets back you will see Burks smiling a lot more. I thought Bojan played well too. Just needs a little bit more time to get familiar with the team.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/13/2024  7:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  6:50 AM
The NBA needs to adopt a better review policy.
Teams should have a challenge each half and one additional one in the last 2 minutes of a game.
The review time has really improved so game time should not be affected.

Totally agree that the refs screwed the last play and were bad all game. However, I the terrible play by the Knicks in the second quarter lost the game. Also, our defense has taken a big hit. Hopefully that can be worked out with the new guys with some time. Looking forward to getting OG and our bigs back.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
martin
USA
2/13/2024  7:34 AM
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/13/2024  7:45 AM
The crew gets together to change calls all the time without the challenge. Why didn’t they do it this time to save themselves from this controversy? They knew it wasn’t worthy of a foul call right away. Makes no sense.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/13/2024  8:25 AM
martin wrote:

Eddie Malloy should have bloody well challenged it!

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/13/2024  8:39 AM
Not saying its right or fair. Knicks probably wont start getting the calls until we go deep in the playoffs, and are considered legit contenders again. Its been 25 years.

Shouldnt make a difference, but I get feeling it does in this league. A major market team with no accomplishments to speak of- this century. That could change soon.

Better rep, better calls....maybe.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/13/2024  8:41 AM
At least Burks and Bogs are getting PT from the start, with all injured players. Already showing they can help.
Clean
Member: #743
2/13/2024  8:46 AM
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/13/2024  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2024  9:27 AM
That was rough man. Haven't felt that gutted since we choked that late game lead to Luka last year. Proud of the way they clawed back with the new guys. Chemistry just isn't quite right with them yet. I'm iffy on what I'm seeing out of them. Just seems our cohesion was better even when we were severely undermanned before adding those scorers. A little worried that a defensive weak link like Bogs could make Thibs system crumble a bit. But his late game surge kind of showed what he can do to offset that and they figured out a way to play good defense down the stretch with him and out there. I kind of see where the interest in Bruce Brown was coming from. Just add another Thibs bulldog who can eat the innings for us and don't change a thing. Still hopeful everything will balance out when we get our defensive studs back.

If Dillon Brooks didn't look like Kyle Korver out there we win the game. I think he was 4-4 from 3 in the 4th quarter and mostly tough off balance shots.

Even just having Jericho back helped a ton. We need iHart back out there badly.

At this point hanging on to the 4 seed should be the goal. We are too banged up to strive for more than that. 5th seed worst case.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/13/2024  9:41 AM
DLeethal wrote:That was rough man. Haven't felt that gutted since we choked that late game lead to Luka last year. Proud of the way they clawed back with the new guys. Chemistry just isn't quite right with them yet. I'm iffy on what I'm seeing out of them. Just seems our cohesion was better even when we were severely undermanned before adding those scorers. A little worried that a defensive weak link like Bogs could make Thibs system crumble a bit. But his late game surge kind of showed what he can do to offset that and they figured out a way to play good defense down the stretch with him and out there. I kind of see where the interest in Bruce Brown was coming from. Just add another Thibs bulldog who can eat the innings for us and don't change a thing. Still hopeful everything will balance out when we get our defensive studs back.

If Dillon Brooks didn't look like Kyle Korver out there we win the game. I think he was 4-4 from 3 in the 4th quarter and mostly tough off balance shots.

At this point hanging on to the 4 seed should be the goal. We are too banged up to strive for more than that. 5th seed worst case.

Give it a few games. It takes time to acclimate to new system and new players. Even Burks won’t step right in as the cast of players is different and they doing different things.
Im not expecting the miracle the media fed us. They are great pick ups but there are limitations. As role players they will add depth to a playoff run. But we got to get there and they have a lot of work to do getting guys healthy, in shape, and in synch. Sucks to lose as we did but credit to the team and coaches for getting it that close!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/13/2024  9:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2024  9:58 AM
And now DiVincenzo”s injured. What the absolute ****
DLeethal

2/13/2024  9:59 AM
Nalod wrote:
DLeethal wrote:That was rough man. Haven't felt that gutted since we choked that late game lead to Luka last year. Proud of the way they clawed back with the new guys. Chemistry just isn't quite right with them yet. I'm iffy on what I'm seeing out of them. Just seems our cohesion was better even when we were severely undermanned before adding those scorers. A little worried that a defensive weak link like Bogs could make Thibs system crumble a bit. But his late game surge kind of showed what he can do to offset that and they figured out a way to play good defense down the stretch with him and out there. I kind of see where the interest in Bruce Brown was coming from. Just add another Thibs bulldog who can eat the innings for us and don't change a thing. Still hopeful everything will balance out when we get our defensive studs back.

Give it a few games. It takes time to acclimate to new system and new players. Even Burks won’t step right in as the cast of players is different and they doing different things.
Im not expecting the miracle the media fed us. They are great pick ups but there are limitations. As role players they will add depth to a playoff run. But we got to get there and they have a lot of work to do getting guys healthy, in shape, and in synch. Sucks to lose as we did but credit to the team and coaches for getting it that close!

Yea I'm going to give it some time. The Hart/OG instant results have skewed us as Knicks fans a bit. The Clippers lost like 5 or 6 in a row after the Harden trade before becoming like the most dominant team in the league after that. So with scorers especially, it takes some acclimation time. My worry is that even a slight drop in defense might hurt us more than we think though.

I said this over and over before the OG trade, as my biggest red flag, I think this current team's only path to success requires being a top 5-7 defensive team. They are just not built to outscore teams. I'm a little worried about removing Deuce and Grimes and adding Burks and Bogs and what that will do to our defense. But at full strength, our starting lineup has proven to be elite defensively and they are gonna be playing huge mins in the playoffs anyway. So I'm hopeful we can make it work. The 2020 team that had a top 3 defense did not have a good defensive bench, but we blew teams out of the water with our bench, it was a bit of a yin/yang with the starters and bench, so that can work for us if our bench is more known for it's offensive firepower and our starters are more of a grinding unit.

DLeethal

2/13/2024  9:59 AM
Rookie wrote:And now DiVincenzo”s injured. What the absolute ****

huh? share a link

DLeethal

2/13/2024  10:01 AM
I just read it, doesn't seem that bad hopefully. We are basically tanking through the all star break anyway.
[Game Thread 2/12/24 @8PM] Knicks at Rockets

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy