[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

With Brunson scoring 30-40 points a night, Is he hoging the ball while other stand around?is it a team sport?
Author Thread
Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/11/2024  1:20 PM
Papabear Says

I like Brunson but lately he seem to be hoging the ball and not sharing. It make other players a little annoyed when they are open and can't touch the ball, and when they do get it it's so far and in between.
Just because he scores 40 points that does not mean we win the game. We are falling away from team sharing even if we miss a shot or 2 I rather see him get others involved instead of him stacking up points and we still lose.

Papabear
AUTOADVERT
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/11/2024  1:34 PM
Luckily he hits his shots at a pretty good clip.

And he's still dishing.

Are there players you think want more touches recently?

Some stats...

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/which-current-knicks-player-has-best-shooting-percentages

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/current-knicks-players-assists-leaders

Papabear
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1414

2/11/2024  1:45 PM
Papabear Says

Thats not the point. He needs to get others involved especially now because we don't really know when our other players are coming back so we need to get the players we have that are healthy involved. We need to get Duce more involved and give Brunson more rest. If Thibs don't! we may be seeing Derek Rose 102.

Papabear
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/11/2024  1:52 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

Thats not the point. He needs to get others involved especially now because we don't really know when our other players are coming back so we need to get the players we have that are healthy involved. We need to get Duce more involved and give Brunson more rest. If Thibs don't! we may be seeing Derek Rose 102.

I’m all for reducing JB’s minutes, whenever the opportunity presents itself.

I kind of was hoping he’d sit out yesterday.

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/11/2024  2:06 PM
I don't think he's hogging it, the team's ball movement was better than ever after the OG trade. Before our last trade, the team was built around Brunson and Randle on offense. When Randle went down, it was Brunson and a role player DDV as the top scoring options. When guys can't create offense, the ball circles back to the guys who can.

You will see better scoring distribution now that we have added two guys who can create offense and Randle coming back.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/11/2024  2:16 PM
Team is undermanned of late.
Who is upset?

The big picture is he is a professional Athlete getting paid and grind his body to a pulp.
He is playing his ass off to climb the next step into stardom. Its crazy.
I prefer he take a step back and perhaps when team is healthy he can do that a bit.
Until then he gonna do what he gonna do. His rep is not of a "hog" or show off.

blkexec
Member: #748
2/11/2024  2:22 PM
Papabear wrote:Papabear Says

I like Brunson but lately he seem to be hoging the ball and not sharing. It make other players a little annoyed when they are open and can't touch the ball, and when they do get it it's so far and in between.
Just because he scores 40 points that does not mean we win the game. We are falling away from team sharing even if we miss a shot or 2 I rather see him get others involved instead of him stacking up points and we still lose.

He’s a scoring guard. This is why I said he needs a SG who can be the playmaker. Eric Snow and Allen Iverson worked because snow played defense and got others involved. But when you have too many gunners, we will lose games like this, even at full strength. OG is the type of players this team needs to add. Along with a playmaker. Someone who looks to create open shots when Thibs offense plays break down.

Jules is also be playmaking with his passes from the post. iHart with his back door passes from the pivot. OG with his unselfish blend of simply making the right play.

Take those 3 off the team and JB goes full blown scoring mode, thinking that what we need. Clearly scoring alone will not do it. Need playmakers, defenders and ball swingers. Grimes was the perfect blend of all these skills. But got ran out of NYC. We might look back on that in the future. Burks and Bogs are not playmakers. Bogs is not a defender. If they not scoring they not impacting wins.

It’s tricky to build a solid team. And so far Leon has done a Stella job. But this teams needs to be full strength to overcome some internal weaknesses. Otherwise we will get exposed in the playoffs.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/11/2024  2:41 PM
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/11/2024  2:43 PM
We arent the defensive team we were before OG and iHart got hurt. Nevermind Mitch, who hasnt played with OG yet. Which means Knicks have to lean more towards offense to get the job done. We were playing well before iHart got hurt, just lost one player too many. I thought we were competitive for most of the game.

Not surprising that Brunson was relied on to help pick up the slack because he can do that better than anyone else on the team. JB also had two teammates in their first game with NY

At the same time, I dont want to see Brunson overplayed midseason, with an ankle injury. Seeding isnt as important than the health of key players.

I never liked the way Pops sat stars during the regular season for a long playoff run. I saw it as gaming the system. Dont want to see the flip-side of that coin where the regular season record carries as much weight as it does now.

What they say about trying the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

blkexec
Member: #748
2/11/2024  3:17 PM
This team needs a Brogdon type guard off the bench. JB play makes to get DDV some shots. Then sub in Brogdon and now JB becomes the chucker and Brogdon playmakes.

The way it looks now (and I love the trade) but Burks is another gunner. And Bogs needs the ball to impact.

My concern is the impact on DDV. Will Burks and Bogs hurt DDVs impact on offense?

I don’t mind JB taking all the damn shots. He’s our star. But you can’t surround him with other volume shooters, or you create the RJ affect.

My guess is Jules and JB are co MVPs. Since Jules went down JB is shooting 20 something % from 3. When JB was out, Jules looks like he’s forcing too much. This teams playoff success is based on the health of 3 players. JB, Jules and OG

Just like the bulls not winning if MJ and /or Pippen was hurt.

Bron not winning without their big 3 being healthy.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/11/2024  6:59 PM
Yes and no. Points have to come from somewhere and there isn’t a lot of talent out there. JB is super efficient. But I would like him to maybe try to pass more - and agreed, wish he had sat against Indiana.
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/12/2024  10:38 AM
Iso scoring is critical to a great defensive team. You cant expect these guys to go full speed on both ends. Even Josh Hart needs a breather. Bottom line tho is he's our best scorer and a willing passer. He certainly attacks to score first but he creates a ton of space and when he doesnt he gets off quality shots in traffic.

I am not sure Thibs or Brunson want him scoring like this... but with no Randle/OG/centers there's a ton of extra shots out there and Brunson is surely taking more now than he will with the squad in a healthier state.

I think these big scoring games (same with DD) are just because we NEED buckets. Bad

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  10:54 AM
NO i think he knew he needed to score on Saturday and just went for it. The only thing I can say is he wasn't used to playing with Bogey yet and I could tell he wasn't really looking for him as he went head down into the paint when Bogey camped open in the corner. As they play together more he will have a better feel.
TheMTL
Member: #9140

2/12/2024  12:23 PM
I think he's hogging it because he has to 30+ in order for us to be competitive in these games.
With Brunson scoring 30-40 points a night, Is he hoging the ball while other stand around?is it a team sport?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy