EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

2/12/2024  9:08 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2024  9:10 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:- TJ (Hall of Fame - *uck***) McConnell
- Taj corpse haunting the court
- J-Hart allergic to any shot outside layup and acting more important then he is
- Donte looks hurt or also gassed
- JB a bit too much head down when he had some other scorers out there
- Pacers hit everything and anything —— much of that our fault

- We need some beef back quick or soon

Did a Knicks fan kill TJ's dog when he was a kid? Everytime we play this guy from back to his 76ers days he becomes a latter day John Stockton.

Knicks looked gassed- kind of weird after a few days off, but I guess pace and a short rotation will do that. Good to see Burks get his groove growing at the end of the game, too little too late. Precious continues to impress but it looks like the Knicks just got overwhelmed. We need our guys healthy quick.

Simply amazing how some guys just kill certain teams and TJ is Michael Jordan against us.

I feel like Donte has some type of Charlie horse or rib thing going on - took some shots past few games seemed slow to get up and just didn’t look right.

Hopefully we can steal at least 1 of games prior to break.

Not going to lie —— really wish we found 1 more wing defender before deadline.

TJ is having a great season. He leads the league in drives per 100 possession and lives in the paint. I watched him more this season than ever before and I'm blown away. He is constantly creating pace, driving to the paint, and putting pressure on the defense. That weird mid-range fadeaway of his is his go-to. The thing that holds him back is he has no range. I can't think of another player who is money on contested 16-foot fadeaways but can't make an open 18-footer. His range just dies at around 17 feet. If teams can stop his pace and then sag way off he hurts the offense but if he can get any pace going he is constantly attacking. I don't think Deuce knows how to sag off guys and just go under. It's not in his DNA LOL

AUTOADVERT
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/12/2024  10:06 AM
EwingPSD wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:
- J-Hart allergic to any shot outside layup and acting more important then he is

Did a Knicks fan kill TJ's dog when he was a kid? Everytime we play this guy from back to his 76ers days he becomes a latter day John Stockton.

Knicks looked gassed- kind of weird after a few days off, but I guess pace and a short rotation will do that. Good to see Burks get his groove growing at the end of the game, too little too late. Precious continues to impress but it looks like the Knicks just got overwhelmed. We need our guys healthy quick.

Simply amazing how some guys just kill certain teams and TJ is Michael Jordan against us.

I feel like Donte has some type of Charlie horse or rib thing going on - took some shots past few games seemed slow to get up and just didn’t look right.

TJ is having a great season. He leads the league in drives per 100 possession and lives in the paint. I watched him more this season than ever before and I'm blown away. He is constantly creating pace, driving to the paint, and putting pressure on the defense. That weird mid-range fadeaway of his is his go-to. The thing that holds him back is he has no range. I can't think of another player who is money on contested 16-foot fadeaways but can't make an open 18-footer. His range just dies at around 17 feet. If teams can stop his pace and then sag way off he hurts the offense but if he can get any pace going he is constantly attacking. I don't think Deuce knows how to sag off guys and just go under. It's not in his DNA LOL

I hear you on TJ but like you say GO UNDER THE SCREEN.

TJ is avg. 8 ppg on 53% shooting and 16% FROM 3.

We gave him 16 (double his avg on 80% shooting).

Deuce really is here for 1 thing and he got torched by a pesky little SOB.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  10:09 AM
EwingPSD wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

TJ was looking like Brunson light against us. He and Myles Turner went l7/19. Turner's shots were mostly easy in the paint (he did hit some open 3s), but McConnell was hitting shots of VERY high difficulty. Same with Haliburton who was well defended on a couple of step back 3's by Burks and got some friendly rolls.

So what I'm saying his they hit at an absurd rate - half of that I'm shaking off as some good fortune, but the Turner points in the paint were clearly breakdowns and a result of not having our rim protectors available.

EwingPSD

2/12/2024  10:37 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2024  10:45 AM
VDesai wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

TJ was looking like Brunson light against us. He and Myles Turner went l7/19. Turner's shots were mostly easy in the paint (he did hit some open 3s), but McConnell was hitting shots of VERY high difficulty. Same with Haliburton who was well defended on a couple of step back 3's by Burks and got some friendly rolls.

So what I'm saying his they hit at an absurd rate - half of that I'm shaking off as some good fortune, but the Turner points in the paint were clearly breakdowns and a result of not having our rim protectors available.

He had an exceptional game. That happens. They also pressed him and he was able to get downhill. Let TJ get downhill and he can burn you on short contested fadeaways and layups. I'm not saying he wasn't on fire I'm saying it wasn't a fluke. He's a little guy and has no hops or range but somehow he shoots over 65% of his shots inside 10 feet. He shoots 70% from 0-3, 56% from 3-10 then starts dropping until you get to his 16% connect rate from 3. I couldn't find TJ highlights for the game but they did have game highlights. Look at the first clip. Duece is guarding near half-court. That is playing with fire. I love Deuce and love his defense but TJ is the wrong guy to play like a pitbull against

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sioP-q_biFY

EwingPSD

2/12/2024  10:55 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:

I hear you on TJ but like you say GO UNDER THE SCREEN.

TJ is avg. 8 ppg on 53% shooting and 16% FROM 3.

We gave him 16 (double his avg on 80% shooting).

Deuce really is here for 1 thing and he got torched by a pesky little SOB.

Agreed. If you can get him in that spot where he really should shoot like that Josh Hart spot that drives everyone crazy he will freeze up. You have to try to put him there though. A guy that size with that 3-point shot has something real or he wouldn't be a rotation player in the NBA. He leads the league in drives per 100. If you don't game plan and press a guy like TJ you are asking for trouble

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  10:57 AM
Agreed they didn't defend him correctly, but even though the paint is his element, he was still well defended on a bunch of shots that he made. Some of those shots were truly astonishing. Have to tip your cap and move on, but I get your point that Deuce didn't play him the way the scouting report might dictate.
Knicks vs. Pacers game thread

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy