[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

We Have 2 First Round Draft Picks This Year
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/10/2024  4:47 PM
As it stands, we are projected to pick 14th and 24th. I haven’t watched much college ball this year. We should be able to pick for need. Definitely see us grabbing a forward. What else do we need
AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/10/2024  4:53 PM
Rookie wrote:As it stands, we are projected to pick 14th and 24th. I haven’t watched much college ball this year. We should be able to pick for need. Definitely see us grabbing a forward. What else do we need

As this draft stands now, I don't think they have the option of drafting strictly for need. You nab the BPA and cross your fingers.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/10/2024  4:55 PM
Rookie wrote:As it stands, we are projected to pick 14th and 24th. I haven’t watched much college ball this year. We should be able to pick for need. Definitely see us grabbing a forward. What else do we need

Hmmmm… what do you get the team that has everything???

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/10/2024  4:57 PM
ToddTT wrote:

Hmmmm… what do you get the team that has everything???

A playmaker? A strong man defender in the backcourt? A top 10 NBA player? This roster could still fill some holes.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/10/2024  4:59 PM
I see that we have the 18th and 23rd right now - Tankathon.

I guess those picks will depend on the team we hopefully are negotiating a star trade with and whether they prefer them picked in this draft or want us to push them out to future drafts. I would assume some discussions may take place prior to draft night.

BrunsonBurner
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  5:49 PM
LivingLegend wrote:I see that we have the 18th and 23rd right now - Tankathon.

I guess those picks will depend on the team we hopefully are negotiating a star trade with and whether they prefer them picked in this draft or want us to push them out to future drafts. I would assume some discussions may take place prior to draft night.

I think you're assuming a little more than when the discussion takes place.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  5:59 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

As this draft stands now, I don't think they have the option of drafting strictly for need. You nab the BPA and cross your fingers.

First, we trade up 5 picks in a consolidation move, then trade back 3 times to nab a late 20s pick, 3 new 1sts for next year, and like 7 seconds.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/10/2024  6:18 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Knicks won’t be able to fill a need in a weak draft like this. It’s about finding a couple of prospects to toss into the pipeline. There will always be hidden gems, just need to find them. But as of right now, there will be no players in our range that can be expected to be real rotation caliber players. Guys like Kevin McCullar, Ryan Dunn, and Devin Carter seem like thibs players who can become grimes and deuce caliber players if things break right.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/10/2024  7:04 PM
Another weak draft huh?
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/10/2024  7:41 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Knicks won’t be able to fill a need in a weak draft like this. It’s about finding a couple of prospects to toss into the pipeline. There will always be hidden gems, just need to find them. But as of right now, there will be no players in our range that can be expected to be real rotation caliber players. Guys like Kevin McCullar, Ryan Dunn, and Devin Carter seem like thibs players who can become grimes and deuce caliber players if things break right.

We have this discussion every draft... But only time will tell what the draft class will yield. Mock drafts are all conjecture. This draft might not have elite top end of the draft players like a Wemby but where the Knicks will draft how can we say we won't get a good to great rotation player even before you draft ? Let's wait until the combines at least
Knixkik
USA
2/10/2024  8:00 PM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

We have this discussion every draft... But only time will tell what the draft class will yield. Mock drafts are all conjecture. This draft might not have elite top end of the draft players like a Wemby but where the Knicks will draft how can we say we won't get a good to great rotation player even before you draft ? Let's wait until the combines at least

No I completely agree. There will definitely be guys who are available that will be good pros even if it’s not obvious at the time.

Knixkik
USA
2/11/2024  1:17 PM
Don’t be surprised if the Knicks move one of these picks for AJ Griffin. He’s been tossed around as a Knicks buy low target. Atlanta already has a couple of picks but may move some around anyways.
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
2/11/2024  11:34 PM
I am hoping this guy - Ulrich Chompche joins the draft and drops to our Dallas pick.

6’11. 7’4 wingspan.

This is the Randle.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/12/2024  7:08 AM
Knixkik wrote:Don’t be surprised if the Knicks move one of these picks for AJ Griffin. He’s been tossed around as a Knicks buy low target. Atlanta already has a couple of picks but may move some around anyways.

Or Tari Eason who may be a gamble due to some injury risk to his foot. But who knows they may be scouting a few kids they like more.

Knixkik
USA
2/12/2024  9:09 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2024  9:11 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:Don’t be surprised if the Knicks move one of these picks for AJ Griffin. He’s been tossed around as a Knicks buy low target. Atlanta already has a couple of picks but may move some around anyways.

Or Tari Eason who may be a gamble due to some injury risk to his foot. But who knows they may be scouting a few kids they like more.

Possible but I have to think his value is too high. Knicks definitely may target players who were on their radar in previous drafts that need a change of scenery. These picks don’t have as much value as a typical draft currently, but that will change during the draft itself once prospects shift around and other teams find targets they really like. Until then, I’ll bet the Knicks come away with one of McCullar, Dunn or Carter, all fit the Knicks typical mold.

LivingLegend

2/12/2024  10:17 AM
BrunsonBurner wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:I see that we have the 18th and 23rd right now - Tankathon.

I think you're assuming a little more than when the discussion takes place.

Yes - you are right - some assumptions on my part

LivingLegend

2/12/2024  10:20 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:

Interesting thoughts on Griffin and Eason.

Griffin I assume we could get with 1 of these picks - would depend on whether someone on Knicks think they know him well enough to unlock his potential. I wasn’t a fan of his out of Duke - seemed 1 dimensional and not a great athlete (always injured).

Eason would cost more (I assume) but he seems like Thibs guy and really think we need someone other than OG (not named Josh H) as a long wing defender.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  10:52 AM
The picks are assets. Knicks only want to use the assets when its worthwhile. We actually need to replenish youth/cheap contracts at the bottom of the roster, but if we don't like the depth of this draft I wouldnt be surprised if we trade out of this year and into a future year with these picks to stockpile even more. I also could see us trade one of the picks out of the first and into the 2nd (multiple 2s) to keep costs down. McBride/Rokas example.
TheMTL
Member: #9140

2/14/2024  6:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  6:08 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

First, we trade up 5 picks in a consolidation move, then trade back 3 times to nab a late 20s pick, 3 new 1sts for next year, and like 7 seconds.

Lmao facts!

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/20/2024  2:02 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

so honestly this is kind of what I expect. The rotation is pretty set. I dont not believe they will break up the Nova guys so I think it's going to be a same core of guys. I expect them to have a couple guys targeted for the 2nd round but I think it's more likely they kick those 2 FRPs down the road which would expand that war chest even more.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
We Have 2 First Round Draft Picks This Year

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy