[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread] Oh shoot there's a game tonight. Your Post Trade Deadline Knicks vs the Mavericks 7:30PM TNT
Author Thread
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/8/2024  9:56 PM
Dallas sucks!
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/8/2024  9:57 PM
Undermanned but we played a tough game. Don’t like losing but, man they gave it their all
This is the Randle.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/8/2024  9:59 PM
Annoying we had to kind of punt on this game, but great effort level. Team has a lot of pride.
fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

2/8/2024  10:04 PM
VDesai wrote:Annoying we had to kind of punt on this game, but great effort level. Team has a lot of pride.

Agreed great effort! What’s next game starting lineup gonna be?

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2024  10:52 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/9/2024  9:20 AM
Hart's game falls off a cliff when he doesn't have enough scorers out there to facilitate with. Been hard to watch, as bad as an RJ slump. Proud of the way those guys battled last night. iHart injury is worrisome though. I think we can tread above water with Burks and Bogs though.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/9/2024  10:33 AM
Injury bug is really killing us right now. But with 14 games over .500, we can afford to lose some games. I'm not that concerned about getting that 2nd seed. Overall health is way more important. Chasing regular season wins makes no sense. So we'd have to play Boston or Milwaukee or Philly in the 2nd round, so what? We'd have to play them anyway if we advance! I actually think the easiest path is 4th in a rematch with Cleveland and avoiding the cHeat altogether.
DLeethal

2/9/2024  11:18 AM
SergioNYK wrote:Injury bug is really killing us right now. But with 14 games over .500, we can afford to lose some games. I'm not that concerned about getting that 2nd seed. Overall health is way more important. Chasing regular season wins makes no sense. So we'd have to play Boston or Milwaukee or Philly in the 2nd round, so what? We'd have to play them anyway if we advance! I actually think the easiest path is 4th in a rematch with Cleveland and avoiding the cHeat altogether.

I think ideally we land Philly without Embiid or Indiana in the first round. Although I think CLE will lose a step when they get their guys back, we can beat them again. Our depth is gonna be insane for the playoffs assuming guys get healthy. Our second unit is better than half the league.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/9/2024  11:21 AM
DLeethal wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Injury bug is really killing us right now. But with 14 games over .500, we can afford to lose some games. I'm not that concerned about getting that 2nd seed. Overall health is way more important. Chasing regular season wins makes no sense. So we'd have to play Boston or Milwaukee or Philly in the 2nd round, so what? We'd have to play them anyway if we advance! I actually think the easiest path is 4th in a rematch with Cleveland and avoiding the cHeat altogether.
I think ideally we land Philly without Embiid or Indiana in the first round. Although I think CLE will lose a step when they get their guys back, we can beat them again. Our depth is gonna be insane for the playoffs assuming guys get healthy. Our second unit is better than half the league.

Indy scares me. I don't want to see them in the first round. I think they are much better than their record.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/9/2024  12:10 PM
This Saturday's Indy game is much more important than last night's Dallas game given the Conference element. Hopefully that calculus is in play on why Brunson sat as we'll need him for this weekend game. The Knicks currently have 4.5 games in the Standings over Indy with one few game played. If they win on Saturday that would put the Knicks 5.5 games ahead of them in the 6 spot and at least 5 games ahead of Miami in the Spot behind them. Would love to stay top 5 and top 6 - and a 5-6 game lead with something like 30 games to go is a sizeable cushion. Not insurmountable, but if we play at a reasonable clip we should be pretty comfortable in holding our place in the standings while we wait for Randle/OG to return.
blkexec
Member: #748
2/9/2024  12:39 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2024  12:40 PM
DLeethal wrote:Hart's game falls off a cliff when he doesn't have enough scorers out there to facilitate with. Been hard to watch, as bad as an RJ slump. Proud of the way those guys battled last night. iHart injury is worrisome though. I think we can tread above water with Burks and Bogs though.

Yes I agree. But Mitch return is very timely and needed. I hope Mitch was watching tape and seeing how iHart was contributing on offense, with his passing ability from the pivot / free throw line. Can’t wait to see how Mitch will impact this team again on both sides.

I think it’s possible to have two centers with two completely different games and both impact the team in their own way, eventhough they are different. Tough call for Thibs when both are healthy, but COY Thibs will figure it out. In Thibs we trust.

Until he plays JB 40 plus mins fresh off an ankle injury.

And what does Thibs have against the Toppins? Lil Obi got the same 12 mins as big Obi, even though we only had 7 active players?

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/9/2024  1:06 PM
Panos wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

Indy scares me. I don't want to see them in the first round. I think they are much better than their record.

Was surprised they traded Buddy. He was playing well for them

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2024  1:12 PM
how can anyone watch a game like last night and not love this coach? Literally for decades we debated coaching effort out of players, having stars that make others better, a competent FO, value in the draft and player development... we are seeing it all, it's so great but last night was pure coaching. We had nobody and we still made them earn it. Phuck I wanted to win but damn they made me proud. Totally outgunned and just never wavered.

When this crew starts getting healthy this squad is gonna be sick!

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DLeethal

2/9/2024  1:22 PM
Panos wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

All those teams are pretty good though. Gonna have to beat a good team no matter how we slice it. Even Miami/ORL will be tough outs for the 1/2 seeds.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/9/2024  2:23 PM
fishmike wrote:how can anyone watch a game like last night and not love this coach? Literally for decades we debated coaching effort out of players, having stars that make others better, a competent FO, value in the draft and player development... we are seeing it all, it's so great but last night was pure coaching. We had nobody and we still made them earn it. Phuck I wanted to win but damn they made me proud. Totally outgunned and just never wavered.

There's a few here who will explain that to you. Just check out any game thread where we're up by 12 with 5 minutes to go and he hasn't emptied the bench. Me, I'm in complete agreement. I'll say it again, Isaiah, Rambis, Fisher, Fizdale....

fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/9/2024  3:39 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
fishmike wrote:how can anyone watch a game like last night and not love this coach? Literally for decades we debated coaching effort out of players, having stars that make others better, a competent FO, value in the draft and player development... we are seeing it all, it's so great but last night was pure coaching. We had nobody and we still made them earn it. Phuck I wanted to win but damn they made me proud. Totally outgunned and just never wavered.

There's a few here who will explain that to you. Just check out any game thread where we're up by 12 with 5 minutes to go and he hasn't emptied the bench. Me, I'm in complete agreement. I'll say it again, Isaiah, Rambis, Fisher, Fizdale....

its all propaganda at this point. Thibs is middle of the road at best in the NBA coaching spectrum of riding players. If Spoel played 7 guys to win a game in Feb he would be a Heat Culture genius. Can you imagine the "Thibs outcoached" threads if it was Thibs who blew a 20 point lead? But it wasnt, it was the Heat, because the Knicks never ****ing give up, even if its McBride and Taj Gibson or if we need Donte to drop 35.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
[Game Thread] Oh shoot there's a game tonight. Your Post Trade Deadline Knicks vs the Mavericks 7:30PM TNT

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy