[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

watching the Waiver Wire
Author Thread
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  11:46 AM
EwingPSD wrote:No one wants Nerlens anymore?

Nerlens was available the last 3 times we've signed Taj and we went for Taj, so I'm guessing the FO doesn't want him.

AUTOADVERT
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/12/2024  1:09 PM
VDesai wrote:Is Chimizie Metu worthwhile center depth? Taj can't be signed to another 10 day after this and they'd need to decide if they want him the rest of the year (I'd say that doesnt make sense).
If the Achilles still bothering IHart, it might still help to have another 4/5 man and Metu played reasonably well for the Suns when I saw him
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3914283/chimezie-metu

Could be a good insurance policy. Rolo is probably toast at this point. I can’t say though if he’s any better than the guy we have in the G league.

Rookie

2/12/2024  1:11 PM
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/12/2024  3:54 PM
James Boughknight?
I thought he was highly regarded. What happened to him?
EwingPSD
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9129

2/12/2024  4:09 PM
Panos wrote:James Boughknight?

I know he got arrested last year when he passed out drunk at the wheel of a parked but running car with a handgun in his lap. I'm guessing he does not keep up professional standards

Rookie

2/12/2024  4:56 PM
EwingPSD wrote:

I know he got arrested last year when he passed out drunk at the wheel of a parked but running car with a handgun in his lap. I'm guessing he does not keep up professional standards

Dang, must be something in the water down in Charlotte.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/12/2024  4:56 PM
EwingPSD wrote:

He did that ? Smh hate to hear stuff like that from NYC kids. When I retire hope to join the Big Bros charity, help young men stay away from that life

Rookie

2/12/2024  5:12 PM
I mean, I know Leon didn’t draft Kevin or Frank but they are better than any one we have at the end of the bench. I mean c’mon, Duane Washing ton? Charlie Brown? Frank would be good insurance and Knox does play the 3/4 a position of need right now. They could also be trade filler down the road.

Anyone for the return of Kevin and Frank? Not sure they would even want to be here knowing they won’t ever play except for garbage time

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/12/2024  5:15 PM
Rookie wrote:I mean, I know Leon didn’t draft Kevin or Frank but they are better than any one we have at the end of the bench. I mean c’mon, Duane Washing ton? Charlie Brown? Frank would be good insurance and Knox does play the 3/4 a position of need right now. They could also be trade filler down the road.

Anyone for the return of Kevin and Frank? Not sure they would even want to be here knowing they won’t ever play except for garbage time

Of course I want them here!

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/12/2024  5:46 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
Rookie wrote:I mean, I know Leon didn’t draft Kevin or Frank but they are better than any one we have at the end of the bench. I mean c’mon, Duane Washing ton? Charlie Brown? Frank would be good insurance and Knox does play the 3/4 a position of need right now. They could also be trade filler down the road.

it would be cool to have them on 2 way deals because I always thought Frank just needed minutes and consistent playing time. He had nice form on his 3, if he could ever shoot a consistent corner 3 . He’d be a great 3 and d player off the bench in the future .

BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/12/2024  5:52 PM
VDesai wrote:
DLeethal wrote:We aren't going after any good waiver wire guys. If we add a big that would be indicative of a major problem with iHart. Sims is out with an illness, that in itself will help a bit and iHart will most likely be back after ASB at the latest. Taj will probably barely play when Sims gets back and will be back to 3rd/4th string before we know it.

Just FYI we have 3 open Roster spots after the trades, so we either have to grab some guys from waivers or fill out the depth with some Westchester cats. Taj is already a few days into his 2nd 10 day so we'll have to decide soon after the break whether we sign him for the rest of the year or give someone else a chance. I think Metu is a guy that would make some sense given the bulk of the injuries we have are at the 4/5.

Yes please. We need another big man. Thinking it's cool to rely on an Achilles injury and a surgically repaired ankle to hold up is crazy. I don't care if it is Skap! We need someone else.

cooch2584
Member: #1187

2/12/2024  6:58 PM
Shoulda went with drummond(sp?)
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/13/2024  8:28 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
Rookie wrote:I mean, I know Leon didn;t draft Kevin or Frank but they are better than any one we have at the end of the bench. I mean c;mon, Duane Washing ton? Charlie Brown? Frank would be good insurance and Knox does play the 3/4 a position of need right now. They could also be trade filler down the road.

Anyone for the return of Kevin and Frank? Not sure they would even want to be here knowing they wont ever play except for garbage time

it would be cool to have them on 2 way deals because I always thought Frank just needed minutes and consistent playing time. He had nice form on his 3, if he could ever shoot a consistent corner 3 . He'd be a great 3 and d player off the bench in the future .

Is this sarcasm or hot tub time machine?

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/13/2024  11:45 AM
Waive Toppin, Brown Jr. and Jeffries and sign Ish Smith, Robin Lopez and more vets.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/13/2024  3:53 PM
SergioNYK wrote:Waive Toppin, Brown Jr. and Jeffries and sign Ish Smith, Robin Lopez and more vets.

I think Robin is washed and we already have a washed big man who I'd prefer to keep. Plus, I think they already have a few open roster spots already. They could just sign Ish if they wanted to, though I'm not sure of the tax implications. I think they could just use the TPE exemptionsbthey have.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/14/2024  5:48 AM

They are too young to accept the end-of-bench warmer status in the NBA. Will probably look for bigger roles and money in Europe.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/14/2024  7:20 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

They are too young to accept the end-of-bench warmer status in the NBA. Will probably look for bigger roles and money in Europe.

Disagree. It's not about what they would accept, it's about them being smart enough to understand that it is the only role that will be offered to them. If they still believe they can have an NBA career, they have to take anything offered and work hard to prove they are not "bench warmers". Especially since their last few years have proven they are.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/14/2024  9:43 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Disagree. It's not about what they would accept, it's about them being smart enough to understand that it is the only role that will be offered to them. If they still believe they can have an NBA career, they have to take anything offered and work hard to prove they are not "bench warmers". Especially since their last few years have proven they are.

Frank and Knox better take anything that is offered or they going to be looking at Europe.China soon.

Kev I thought looked in great shape in Detroit and was knocking shots down with minutes but he must be a moron or coaches just don’t believe he cares or gets it. Frank just is SOFT…SOFT…SOFT.

fitzfarm
Member: #3285

2/14/2024  12:53 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Frank and Knox better take anything that is offered or they going to be looking at Europe.China soon.

Kev I thought looked in great shape in Detroit and was knocking shots down with minutes but he must be a moron or coaches just don’t believe he cares or gets it. Frank just is SOFT…SOFT…SOFT.

I agree, they are both on there last leg for NBA opportunities. It was never about skill with kev, his motor and drive to be great was never there. Frank is SOFT and the fact that he couldn’t even carve out a role with one of the worst teams in the league is troubling same goes for kev.

When I saw Frank in the knicks vs the hornets he looked unrecognizable, outta shape and kinda over weight and a non factor on both ends. He looks like he’s depressed, and dejected, Some time in Europe might do him some good.
I feel bad for him, I hope he’s taking care of his mental health.

TLover
Member: #381
USA
2/14/2024  4:42 PM
Gallo and play him as a stretch 4/5.. and take flyer on Bouknight
watching the Waiver Wire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy