[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

watching the Waiver Wire
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  2:29 PM
VDesai wrote:Din****tie is a negative player. He thinks he is Jalen Brunson but is closer to Elfrid Payton. You don't want that anywhere near a good team. And he doesnt play D.

Some people are severely underrating Bogdanovic. He is not just a spot up shooter. He had a serious post up game and can create offense in a lot of ways. And he has a bulldog mentality and mixes it up. He is a true 18-20 point scorer on playoff teams and was a major part of the Jazz team that had the best record in the league a couple of years ago. Marginal NBA guys like Knox or Harris don't approximate what he brings.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
BrunsonBurner
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  2:32 PM
We need another big man. I am a Robin Lopez fan. I think Thibs would do good with him. We have no insurance for both iHart/Mitch outside of Precious.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2024  3:33 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:We need another big man. I am a Robin Lopez fan. I think Thibs would do good with him. We have no insurance for both iHart/Mitch outside of Precious.

So why was Robin waived? So he can play?
The insurance? We all him Jericho!
3rd string Center.
The idea is to understand what the time line and expectation for iHart being out.

BrunsonBurner
USA
2/10/2024  3:39 PM
Nalod wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:We need another big man. I am a Robin Lopez fan. I think Thibs would do good with him. We have no insurance for both iHart/Mitch outside of Precious.

3rd string Center.
The idea is to understand what the time line and expectation for iHart being out.

Not sure what your saying here. If he's willing to help hold down the fort he next month and realize the situation...why not? We might not see Mitch until April. iHart needs limited minutes. Randle has to be at least a month away. OG is a month away at least as well. He will play for a while. Can't hurt to try. Biyombo? Anyone else? I think it's our biggest need for the waiver wire. Unless they think Skapinstev can help.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/10/2024  3:50 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:

3rd string Center.

Not sure what your saying here. If he's willing to help hold down the fort he next month and realize the situation...why not? We might not see Mitch until April. iHart needs limited minutes. Randle has to be at least a month away. OG is a month away at least as well. He will play for a while. Can't hurt to try. Biyombo? Anyone else? I think it's our biggest need for the waiver wire. Unless they think Skapinstev can help.

You new here and "Not sure what your saying" won't be the first time reading my stuff!! LOL
What Im saying is Sims is next man up. Not known is can RoPer be better? Biyumbo has not rostered in a month. Why was he waived? Injury? Is he done?
Bringing in any of these guys to better than sims is unknown. Stipstev is a big body but he might know the system well so he could fit. Isiah Roby is 6-10 and a big body. This to hold the fort down a few weeks at best.

BrunsonBurner
USA
2/10/2024  4:02 PM
Nalod wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:

3rd string Center.

You new here and "Not sure what your saying" won't be the first time reading my stuff!! LOL
What Im saying is Sims is next man up. Not known is can RoPer be better? Biyumbo has not rostered in a month. Why was he waived? Injury? Is he done?
Bringing in any of these guys to better than sims is unknown. Stipstev is a big body but he might know the system well so he could fit. Isiah Roby is 6-10 and a big body. This to hold the fort down a few weeks at best.

LOL Okay. I see the we call him Jericho. We need to get Taj off the court too though. He's gonna pass out! We definitely need a big body. Skap I mentioned. Just in terms of waiver wire discussion, Lopez. He played the other night so he's not injured.

We will have possibly 17 more games until Mitch/Randle/OG are back. March 21st give or take is my optimistic date. iHart is banged up. Rest him as long as possible. Bring in a body to run with Boj/Sims/Precious for that time. Then when everyone is back healthy he can be insurance for the playoffs. Have some run with the team under his belt. Helps keep us in the running.

Doesn't have to be Lopez but, I like the dude.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/10/2024  4:52 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:

3rd string Center.

LOL Okay. I see the we call him Jericho. We need to get Taj off the court too though. He's gonna pass out! We definitely need a big body. Skap I mentioned. Just in terms of waiver wire discussion, Lopez. He played the other night so he's not injured.

We will have possibly 17 more games until Mitch/Randle/OG are back. March 21st give or take is my optimistic date. iHart is banged up. Rest him as long as possible. Bring in a body to run with Boj/Sims/Precious for that time. Then when everyone is back healthy he can be insurance for the playoffs. Have some run with the team under his belt. Helps keep us in the running.

Robin Lopez is one of my favorite Knicks ever just for being who he is. Reads books, goes to shows, feeds his brain, has some laughs. Unfortunately it appears he is done as an NBA player. Goes so fast.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/10/2024  4:56 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:

3rd string Center.

Robin Lopez is one of my favorite Knicks ever just for being who he is. Reads books, goes to shows, feeds his brain, has some laughs. Unfortunately it appears he is done as an NBA player. Goes so fast.

Dude's been in the league for 15 years. I'd say he's had a long career.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/10/2024  5:28 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Nalod wrote:

3rd string Center.

Dude's been in the league for 15 years. I'd say he's had a long career.

Agree and my point is it goes so fast = to me.

BrunsonBurner
USA
2/11/2024  2:48 AM
So...we need a big man. If not Lopez, who? Sims/Precious/Boj FC is not looking like it will be able to hold it down. Taj is cooked. IDC if it's Skapinstev! We need a big body.
ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/11/2024  5:39 AM
BrunsonBurner wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Dunno why the Knicks had to spend Grimes when we could have had Dinwiddie instead of Burks and Gallo/Knox/Joe Harris as a 3 point shooting forward instead of Bogs for free.
Unless Bogs is some kind of a superstud. Is his defense decent enough for Thibs to play him?

They needed to roll Evans salary into the future. They got a very useful player in exchange. win/win They certainly weren't gonna keep Evan hostage for another year. That's just bad business. I hate losing Grimes defense but, you gotta pay to play.

No arguing about that, but giving up on a guy who many here (including myself) touted as the "next Klay" just to roll over Evan's contract sounds like a steep payment to play.

Unless our perception of the quality of our youth was tremendously overblown.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/11/2024  7:01 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Dunno why the Knicks had to spend Grimes when we could have had Dinwiddie instead of Burks and Gallo/Knox/Joe Harris as a 3 point shooting forward instead of Bogs for free.
Unless Bogs is some kind of a superstud. Is his defense decent enough for Thibs to play him?

They needed to roll Evans salary into the future. They got a very useful player in exchange. win/win They certainly weren't gonna keep Evan hostage for another year. That's just bad business. I hate losing Grimes defense but, you gotta pay to play.

No arguing about that, but giving up on a guy who many here (including myself) touted as the "next Klay" just to roll over Evan's contract sounds like a steep payment to play.

Would agree. Thought the move was Evan and some licks for bench help.
Liked Grimes defense in second unit. And his youth. But let wait to we get everyone healthy to see how these moves fit. I trust Rose. Believe OG surgery changed things at the deadline.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/11/2024  9:57 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:

Grimes was a fan favorite understandably. But Burks is going to provide more then what Grimes gave us now plus if Burks leaves we can still acquire a vet to replace Burks. It no longer matters if the back up SG or starter is young member of the core. Plus we have two first rounders to draft an other Grimes or trade for one. Knicks fans have to stop falling deeply in love with a player. Don't think with the heart ❤️💜❤️💜. Just the mind

BrunsonBurner
USA
2/11/2024  1:13 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:

I'm not a fan of giving up on Grimes at all. We really can't judge anything from the trade yet though. It was Burks and Boj in the trade. Many teams were trying to get either or and we got both. If the team was healthy, I would think the trade would look awesome already. Unfortunately we are far from healthy. Need another big man as well.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/12/2024  5:03 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
Grimes was a fan favorite understandably. But Burks is going to provide more then what Grimes gave us now plus if Burks leaves we can still acquire a vet to replace Burks. It no longer matters if the back up SG or starter is young member of the core. Plus we have two first rounders to draft an other Grimes or trade for one. Knicks fans have to stop falling deeply in love with a player. Don't think with the heart ❤️💜❤️💜. Just the mind

Those who think with their mind bailed out on the Knicks during the 20 years of futility.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/12/2024  7:06 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
Alpha1971 wrote:

Those who think with their mind bailed out on the Knicks during the 20 years of futility.

That's true too. Had to think illogical like to remain a fan. Point well taken kudos

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  11:25 AM
Is Chimizie Metu worthwhile center depth? Taj can't be signed to another 10 day after this and they'd need to decide if they want him the rest of the year (I'd say that doesnt make sense).
If the Achilles still bothering IHart, it might still help to have another 4/5 man and Metu played reasonably well for the Suns when I saw him
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3914283/chimezie-metu
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/12/2024  11:27 AM
We aren't going after any good waiver wire guys. If we add a big that would be indicative of a major problem with iHart. Sims is out with an illness, that in itself will help a bit and iHart will most likely be back after ASB at the latest. Taj will probably barely play when Sims gets back and will be back to 3rd/4th string before we know it.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  11:39 AM
DLeethal wrote:We aren't going after any good waiver wire guys. If we add a big that would be indicative of a major problem with iHart. Sims is out with an illness, that in itself will help a bit and iHart will most likely be back after ASB at the latest. Taj will probably barely play when Sims gets back and will be back to 3rd/4th string before we know it.

Just FYI we have 3 open Roster spots after the trades, so we either have to grab some guys from waivers or fill out the depth with some Westchester cats. Taj is already a few days into his 2nd 10 day so we'll have to decide soon after the break whether we sign him for the rest of the year or give someone else a chance. I think Metu is a guy that would make some sense given the bulk of the injuries we have are at the 4/5.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/12/2024  11:45 AM
No one wants Nerlens anymore?
watching the Waiver Wire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy