[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

watching the Waiver Wire
Author Thread
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/9/2024  6:19 PM
My vote is for all of Frank, Gallo, and Robin. Cycle them through on 10 day contacts so it feels like our favorite characters from the last 15 years are guest starring in the successful spinoff. We're gonna Frasier this ****!

Kadeem Allen available?

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2024  6:45 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:My vote is for all of Frank, Gallo, and Robin. Cycle them through on 10 day contacts so it feels like our favorite characters from the last 15 years are guest starring in the successful spinoff. We're gonna Frasier this ****!

Kadeem Allen available?

Elfrid Payton and big KOQ are also out there.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/9/2024  6:51 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:My vote is for all of Frank, Gallo, and Robin. Cycle them through on 10 day contacts so it feels like our favorite characters from the last 15 years are guest starring in the successful spinoff. We're gonna Frasier this ****!

Kadeem Allen available?

Or Kadeem Hardison, for when the other team gets dunked on.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/9/2024  7:12 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:

Kadeem Allen available?

Elfrid Payton and big KOQ are also out there.

Melo!

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/9/2024  9:11 PM
Looks like another ex Knick, Kevin Knox is getting waived. We’ll always have that one SL game where you rose to amazing heights. Fly on young Knox, fly on
BigDaddyG

2/9/2024  10:41 PM
Rookie wrote:Looks like another ex Knick, Kevin Knox is getting waived. We’ll always have that one SL game where you rose to amazing heights. Fly on young Knox, fly on

I will say this in Knox's seconds go around with Detroit, he looked like he belonged in the court and was a legit NBA player. I think he can stick around in the league.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/10/2024  1:18 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
Rookie wrote:Looks like another ex Knick, Kevin Knox is getting waived. We’ll always have that one SL game where you rose to amazing heights. Fly on young Knox, fly on

I will say this in Knox's seconds go around with Detroit, he looked like he belonged in the court and was a legit NBA player. I think he can stick around in the league.

Knox’s game has glimpses of Kevin Durant. It has lacked the motor though. I don’t know what it takes to unlock Knox, got take that elite step - if it is even possible at this point. But there is a work where the Knicks draft a 3pt SG. The Knicks draft Knox. The Knciks draft Ja Morant. The Knciks draft Ty Haliburton. And all of a sudden Knox is is getting the ball in transition with a silky smooth delivery that hits 20/5/5 over his rookie scale. Same world where markelle fulztz is all nba. Opportunity matters

This is the Randle.
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/10/2024  2:25 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Knox’s game has glimpses of Kevin Durant. It has lacked the motor though. I don’t know what it takes to unlock Knox, got take that elite step - if it is even possible at this point. But there is a work where the Knicks draft a 3pt SG. The Knicks draft Knox. The Knciks draft Ja Morant. The Knciks draft Ty Haliburton. And all of a sudden Knox is is getting the ball in transition with a silky smooth delivery that hits 20/5/5 over his rookie scale. Same world where markelle fulztz is all nba. Opportunity matters

That type of alternative history makes for great science fiction

GustavBahler

2/10/2024  3:37 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

Knox did win offensive rookie of the month, so it wasnt all in SL. A better handle would have done wonders for his game. Knox's game was overly reliant on the 3. Still can help a team off the bench.

ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

2/10/2024  4:27 AM
Dunno why the Knicks had to spend Grimes when we could have had Dinwiddie instead of Burks and Gallo/Knox/Joe Harris as a 3 point shooting forward instead of Bogs for free.
Unless Bogs is some kind of a superstud. Is his defense decent enough for Thibs to play him?
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

2/10/2024  9:23 AM
I thought Kev looked pretty darn good recently with Pistons — in great shape and moving really well.

Must be a complete flake with that body, size and stroke but still getting cut by Pistons.

Me personally I wouldn’t be upset if we threw him in roster and he got emergency minutes.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  9:34 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Dunno why the Knicks had to spend Grimes when we could have had Dinwiddie instead of Burks and Gallo/Knox/Joe Harris as a 3 point shooting forward instead of Bogs for free.
Unless Bogs is some kind of a superstud. Is his defense decent enough for Thibs to play him?

Mostly it boils down to Bogs, Burks still being able to shoot 40% from 3 and play basketball, the other guys have fallen off in both departments. And fallen off so far you can’t find them playing in NBA much more.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/10/2024  9:40 AM
Alpha1971 wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

I've ruminated a lot on Knox over the years and posted a pretty long article about him a few years ago. The thing with Knox is he came into the league at 19 and was set up to fail by a lot of middle aged men looking to tank the season to get a good pick to couple with all that cap space. Once that plan failed his minutes and shots decreased drastically. It's kind of tough to accept that 19 was the peak of your NBA career and then move on to just trying to be a role player.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/10/2024  10:07 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  10:08 AM
Din****tie is a negative player. He thinks he is Jalen Brunson but is closer to Elfrid Payton. You don't want that anywhere near a good team. And he doesnt play D.

Some people are severely underrating Bogdanovic. He is not just a spot up shooter. He had a serious post up game and can create offense in a lot of ways. And he has a bulldog mentality and mixes it up. He is a true 18-20 point scorer on playoff teams and was a major part of the Jazz team that had the best record in the league a couple of years ago. Marginal NBA guys like Knox or Harris don't approximate what he brings.

Jmpasq
Member: #4182

2/10/2024  10:09 AM
Nalod wrote:Deuce is what we hoped Frank would become if he was taken later in the draft.
I doubt he comes back.

I'd think Lowrey is a possibility. We play him hard and if he does not hold up, we defer to Deuce in his role. Nothing lost.
if Kyle is vintage for a few months, he could be awesome. I doubt this happens but its easy. Give Brunson time.
Biyombo? Low IQ big dude. He been waived now a month.
Thaddeus young makes a little sense. 35 years old, has been playing. Bit undersized.

Lowry would be a fantastic get. I'm still nervous about PG.

Check out My NFL Draft Prospect Videos at Youtube User Pages Jmpasq,JPdraftjedi,Jmpasqdraftjedi. www.Draftbreakdown.com
LivingLegend
Member: #1645

2/10/2024  11:46 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  11:48 AM
VDesai wrote:Din****tie is a negative player. He thinks he is Jalen Brunson but is closer to Elfrid Payton. You don't want that anywhere near a good team. And he doesnt play D.

Some people are severely underrating Bogdanovic. He is not just a spot up shooter. He had a serious post up game and can create offense in a lot of ways. And he has a bulldog mentality and mixes it up. He is a true 18-20 point scorer on playoff teams and was a major part of the Jazz team that had the best record in the league a couple of years ago. Marginal NBA guys like Knox or Harris don't approximate what he brings.

Really going to come down to how he defends - is he going to be solid or not is the question. Fournier I think set our 3 point record at a solid % but Thibs wouldn't play him.

I think Bogey is significantly better, bigger but he's also 34 going on 35 and we also have to hope he stays healthy (also not a rebounder).

Purest of pure offensive player.

BigDaddyG

2/10/2024  11:57 AM
VDesai wrote:Din****tie is a negative player. He thinks he is Jalen Brunson but is closer to Elfrid Payton. You don't want that anywhere near a good team. And he doesnt play D.

Sounds like someone got burned by 'Dinwiddie' coin.
GustavBahler

2/10/2024  11:57 AM
LivingLegend wrote:

Really going to come down to how he defends - is he going to be solid or not is the question. Fournier I think set our 3 point record at a solid % but Thibs wouldn't play him.

I think Bogey is significantly better, bigger but he's also 34 going on 35 and we also have to hope he stays healthy (also not a rebounder).

Has Bogs been on a team where he was expected to be a stout defender? A team as defensive minded as the Knicks? Maybe Bogs will rise to the occasion. Or at least pick up the D. His age doesnt help though. Instant offense off the bench might be his best role, and keep him ready for the playoffs.

Agree with what you both said about his skill set. Some have compared him to Novak. Novak had no midrange game, none. No layups unless they were gimmes. Bogs has a great midrange game, crafty. The biggest question mark for me is how Thibs will use him in the rotation. More than just a three point threat.

BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  12:56 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Dunno why the Knicks had to spend Grimes when we could have had Dinwiddie instead of Burks and Gallo/Knox/Joe Harris as a 3 point shooting forward instead of Bogs for free.

They needed to roll Evans salary into the future. They got a very useful player in exchange. win/win They certainly weren't gonna keep Evan hostage for another year. That's just bad business. I hate losing Grimes defense but, you gotta pay to play.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  1:51 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Has Bogs been on a team where he was expected to be a stout defender? A team as defensive minded as the Knicks? Maybe Bogs will rise to the occasion. Or at least pick up the D. His age doesnt help though. Instant offense off the bench might be his best role, and keep him ready for the playoffs.

Agree with what you both said about his skill set. Some have compared him to Novak. Novak had no midrange game, none. No layups unless they were gimmes. Bogs has a great midrange game, crafty. The biggest question mark for me is how Thibs will use him in the rotation. More than just a three point threat.

Utah

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
watching the Waiver Wire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy