[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

watching the Waiver Wire
Author Thread
Clean
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #743
2/9/2024  10:56 AM
Just say no to Frank. No more guys who can't shoot.
AUTOADVERT
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/9/2024  11:32 AM
Knixkik wrote:Knicks are really close to the tax line. It has to influence their decision right ? Can they sign Gibson for the remainder of the year, plus add a minimum guard and be under the tax ? I would have to think it’s a guard who will be cheap. They don’t need a contributor but having traded Flynn and Arcidiacono they do need a warm body at PG just in case behind Brunson and Deuce. Burks, DDV, and Hart will all handle the ball but they still need a bench piece.

I hope this team is not overly worried about the tax line being as close as this roster is to being Finals capable. We’re surely just talking Vet Min guys for the remainder of this season.
franco12
USA
2/9/2024  11:33 AM
DLeethal wrote:There isn't room for anyone who wants a nightly role on a team. Only emergency players. Don't think anyone that is any good is gonna sign up for that.

Players do all the time when they have chance to chase a long play off run. We’re usually in the boat of being able to give plenty of playing time to buyout guys, and they pass.

And actually someone like Robin Lopez could probably get as many minutes as he wanted with our injuries up front.

ccch
Member: #3876

2/9/2024  11:37 AM
Clean wrote:Just say no to Frank. No more guys who can't shoot.

Exactly... We've spent too any years acquiring guys who can't shoot. X's and O's mean nothing if the team doesn't have shooters. Looks like we're getting close with Brunson, Devo, and BB.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2024  11:49 AM
Sam Rose is Franks agent. Uh oh, you know what that means!

Frank has only played in 5 games this season Frank's issues is he can't stay on the floor and gets hurt.
That has impaired his progress. His defense keeps him in the league and perhaps that time has come and gone. He is only 25 still but the clock is ticking and his options are running out? Perhaps go play in europe and succeed to be healthy and happy.
Frank has made 24million in his career. Im not gonna talk **** about him.
If he kept his **** together he should be ok.
His body betrayed his potential. Those groin and hammy injuries on top of shoulder ones limited his opportunities.
Good kid, hope he can ball out somewhere and be happy.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/9/2024  12:03 PM
I rather get Clyde's favorite player Ish Smith.
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/9/2024  12:07 PM
Gallo actually looked good recently with Pistons playing the 5 - defends the post, shoots the 3 but not a rim protector or rebounder

R- Lopez best attribute could be setting screens for likes of Brunson, Burks and Bogey plus just a big body

Bizmack probably the best defender / rim protector

I think we need to shut I-Hart down for a few weeks

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/9/2024  12:16 PM
Looking at Lopez's stats it seems he is likely cooked. Barely played for the Bucks this year. 36 in April, probably not an upgrade over Taj.
blkexec
Member: #748
2/9/2024  12:31 PM
SergioNYK wrote:I rather get Clyde's favorite player Ish Smith.

I love Ish. He’s a career backup player with starters confidence similar to Donte.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/9/2024  1:00 PM
SergioNYK wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment -
Would you capture it?
Or just let it slip? Yo.

This has to be the end, no? He's proven he's not even a G League talent. I can't believe some other team will sign him. Ntilikina should go back to France or China or find another career honestly.

It was the end since the Knicks picked him so high

He will probably work out a deal to get on with someone. Still serviceable. Question will be if he has the fight to keep going in NBA. Something I questioned since the get go.
Maybe some home cooking is best for him.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/9/2024  1:04 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/9/2024  1:04 PM
Panos wrote:
Garrett2010PSD wrote:Gallo, Lopez, Lowery, and Dimwiddie are all solid buyout candidates.

I would consider taking a flyer on Hayes also.

There are a ton of options here.

As quickly as we're going through centers we may need Lopez.

how does Dinwiddie compare to Burks? Why was he cut? I always thought he was solid.

Think we all know Thibs liked Burks at PG. If not, would be for Din.
Precious doing a good job and will probably back up at C.
Fact is we don't have much room.
Especially if Randle and MR come back.
However, Out of all of the above, I would like Dinwiddie. Your bench can never be too strong.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
LivingLegend

2/9/2024  2:20 PM
KnickDanger wrote:Looking at Lopez's stats it seems he is likely cooked. Barely played for the Bucks this year. 36 in April, probably not an upgrade over Taj.

Speaking of COOKED —-Knicks signing Taj to 2nd 10 day deal.

He looked 50 moving around last night and continues to lose balls that are in his hands. Herb Williams turning over in his recliner.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/9/2024  2:25 PM
LivingLegend wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:Looking at Lopez's stats it seems he is likely cooked. Barely played for the Bucks this year. 36 in April, probably not an upgrade over Taj.

He looked 50 moving around last night and continues to lose balls that are in his hands. Herb Williams turning over in his recliner.

I wonder if there is anyone servicable out there for short term on the cheap?

LivingLegend

2/9/2024  2:59 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I wonder if there is anyone servicable out there for short term on the cheap?

Not sure if all official yet but Gallinari, R-Lopez and Byombo I believe will all be free.

franco12
USA
2/9/2024  3:00 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Look, if you had, one shot, or one opportunity
To seize everything you ever wanted in one moment -
Would you capture it?
Or just let it slip? Yo.

This has to be the end, no? He's proven he's not even a G League talent. I can't believe some other team will sign him. Ntilikina should go back to France or China or find another career honestly.

It was the end since the Knicks picked him so high

He will probably work out a deal to get on with someone. Still serviceable. Question will be if he has the fight to keep going in NBA. Something I questioned since the get go.
Maybe some home cooking is best for him.

What’s the hornets record? I mean, if you can’t keep on their roster, you know you are bad. Time for Europe.

EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
2/9/2024  3:47 PM
With two roster spots, the Biennial Exception, 2.5mm of Luxury Space and about 9mm of HardCap Apron space, and an injury list that reads like a Championship Roster, what do you do here?

My first instinct is to stay under the Luxury Cap, assuming that I am going to blow past it next year. The depth we have here is pretty intriguing. I am kind of holding the Biannual for Rokas, whenever he becomes realistic.

I’m think they should hang tight and pay the g leaguers a bit more money with 10 day contracts. I don’t see a difference maker. For all the Dinwiddie posts, 1) he is crazy and 2) I don’t think he is better than developing McBride.

I don’t see a PF that is better than developing Precious.

Burks make glom some of McBrides minutes. A Thibs thing.

Thing is we have a surplus of good players, just a lot of injuries .

This is the Randle.
NYKBocker
Alba Posts: 474
Member: #377
USA
2/9/2024  4:15 PM
Gallo would be my pick
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/9/2024  4:45 PM
Deuce is what we hoped Frank would become if he was taken later in the draft.
I doubt he comes back.

I'd think Lowrey is a possibility. We play him hard and if he does not hold up, we defer to Deuce in his role. Nothing lost.
if Kyle is vintage for a few months, he could be awesome. I doubt this happens but its easy. Give Brunson time.
Biyombo? Low IQ big dude. He been waived now a month.
Thaddeus young makes a little sense. 35 years old, has been playing. Bit undersized.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/9/2024  4:49 PM
Nalod wrote:Deuce is what we hoped Frank would become if he was taken later in the draft.
I doubt he comes back.

I'd think Lowrey is a possibility. We play him hard and if he does not hold up, we defer to Deuce in his role. Nothing lost.
if Kyle is vintage for a few months, he could be awesome. I doubt this happens but its easy. Give Brunson time.
Biyombo? Low IQ big dude. He been waived now a month.
Thaddeus young makes a little sense. 35 years old, has been playing. Bit undersized.

I think Lowry goes to Philly or Toronto if he's bought out. I wouldn't call Biyombo low IQ, low skilled. He's displayed good court IQ on defense the few times I've seen him, but he's a one position player. I wouldn't mind Thad.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
LivingLegend

2/9/2024  4:57 PM
NYKBocker wrote:Gallo would be my pick

Gallo fits from a smart, tough and will defend to best of his ability perspective but wonder if Thibs would view him as a center option.

I’m thinking Mitch out, I-Hart could be out, Sims is also out —— leaving us potentially with only Precious.

I guess if Sims is ok for Saturday but not I-Hart for next few games we can go Precious at 5 with Bogey at 4 —- with Sims/Taj backing up 5 and Precious backing up 4.

Still would like to think our Nova guys might be able to talk Lowry over here —— he’d probably get us a few key charges if nothing else and defend with everything he;s got left.

I know last year in playoffs I did not like when Lowry had an open 3 against us - not even sure what he shot but still a gamer.

watching the Waiver Wire

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy