[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's the rotation?
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/14/2024  7:11 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  8:37 AM
Thibs seems to be going with a 5 man rotation.

I am kinda in the middle of the whole Thibs plays guys too much debate.
Understand that Thibs is just trying to win. That's his job.
With so many injuries, it is hard to do that without playing the better players big minutes.
Also agree that the long term is more important. aka keeping players healthy.
My two cents is that when we were rolling, several bench guys were getting decent minutes and contributing.

However, we all knew that Thibs is incredibly competitive.
That he only trusts certain players in close games.
Do feel that once he gets back our missing pieces, he will have more of those to pick from.
Ironic thing is that by overplaying the guys he trusts, he has created a situation in which they got injured (Donte's hammy, IJart's Achilles) and now HAS to play the guys he did not trust.

Glad All Star break is almost here!

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

2/14/2024  5:58 PM
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Burks as your starting PG =
Burks off the bench microwave scoring punch =

Feel like Burks off bench as mostly primary ball-handle next to Deuce + J-Hart will work nice.

Now imagine Burks and Josh and Bogs with McDeuce.

4 not bad ball movers, none a primary PG but also all pretty good in that role in combo with others.

Ok. It’s round 1 of the playoffs. Everyone is healthy. Everyone. Thibs wants to reduce the rotation to 8 players. Who are your 8?

I'm convinced now the playoff rotation will be:

Brunson - DDV - OG - Randle - iHart
Burks - Hart - Bogs - Mitch

It is what it is, guys we like and have contributed will have to sit. Good problems to have with guys like Deuce and Precious as depth pieces.

I wouldn't just pull out Precious so fast. Precious gives me Taj Gibson vibes. Bogs could very well become that spot duty role.

TheMTL

2/14/2024  6:03 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Feel like Burks off bench as mostly primary ball-handle next to Deuce + J-Hart will work nice.

4 not bad ball movers, none a primary PG but also all pretty good in that role in combo with others.

Ok. It’s round 1 of the playoffs. Everyone is healthy. Everyone. Thibs wants to reduce the rotation to 8 players. Who are your 8?

Doesn’t have to be the same 8, depending on the match up, right?

If Knicks playing Cleveland, you want Mitch to beast and do his smash thing.

Against Miami, you needed one more ball handler and more shooters for Jalen. Don’t use Precious and maybe Bogs is your guy off bench.

Against Boston, maybe Precious gets more time to guard Tatum.

Doesn’t have to be same 8.

^^Tell me you dont know Thibs without telling me you dont know Thibs.

Look I really like our coach too, but dude just no. You got the wrong coach.

Perfect example is when Knicks against Miami were desperate for 3pt shooting. Yet, the best 3pt shooter in Knicks history was left on the bench. You know why? Because he wasnt in the rotation.

ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/14/2024  6:23 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  6:24 PM
TheMTL wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Against Miami, you needed one more ball handler and more shooters for Jalen. Don’t use Precious and maybe Bogs is your guy off bench.

Perfect example is when Knicks against Miami were desperate for 3pt shooting. Yet, the best 3pt shooter in Knicks history was left on the bench. You know why? Because he wasnt in the rotation.

Um, it possibly maybe had to do with the fact that he gives up more points than he scores while being inconsistent even at scoring. A net negative out there.

Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/14/2024  6:55 PM
TheMTL wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Your argument relies on playing Fournier minutes. It's a bad argument. Cause you didn't even consider one iota of anything else.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/14/2024  11:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/14/2024  11:21 PM
So if this team is fully healthy. The non center and non PG minutes are Randle around 34, Anunoby around 34 and DiVincenzo has earned a minutes increase beyond his original amount and probably gets to 28. That leaves 48 non center/PG backup mins give or take. Those minutes probably belong to Bogdanovic and hart at about 24 mpg each. So for the backup PG minutes it comes down to whether Burks or McBride are better for the 12 mpg behind Brunson. Or the better way to look at it is Burks an upgrade over McBride in those types of minutes. The concern is scoring off the bench prior to the trade. Does just Bogdanovic surrounded by all the great defensive players alleviate that concern ? A center (Ihart, mitch or Achiuwa) plus OG, Bogs, Hart and McBride. Is there enough offense there or is Burks more useful in that lineup for those 12 mins then McBride? This is going to be a huge question to be answered prior to the summer.
BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/15/2024  3:59 AM
Panos wrote:I know this is going to be unpopular, and a symptom of disconnect (again) between FO and Thibs, but I honestly could see Boj being the odd man out come rotation shortening time. I just don't see him as a Thibs type player. We'll see.

Bogs will sit in Evan's old seat. Burks was the guy Thibs wanted. If everyone is healthy...
Brunson/Burks
DDV/
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch

Deuce/Boj/Sims will be watching come playoff time. No matter what is happening on the court.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/15/2024  7:03 AM
BrunsonBurner wrote:
Panos wrote:I know this is going to be unpopular, and a symptom of disconnect (again) between FO and Thibs, but I honestly could see Boj being the odd man out come rotation shortening time. I just don't see him as a Thibs type player. We'll see.

Bogs will sit in Evan's old seat. Burks was the guy Thibs wanted. If everyone is healthy...
Brunson/Burks
DDV/
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch

Deuce/Boj/Sims will be watching come playoff time. No matter what is happening on the court.

Disagree about Boj. Boj can play. He is much better than EF. Can create, offers rebounding and is a smart player. I actually see him fitting in more than this new Burks part 2. Feel Burks needs to get back to the Burks that was playing PG for Thibs and fascilitated the ball.

See the rotation as:
Brunson, Ragu, OG, Randle, IHart, JJart, Burks, Boj, Precious in 2 weeks.
However, agree that come playoffs, Thibs will go with the 8 that are playing the best. Who among Boj, Burks, Precious is yet TBD. Think the only guaranteed are
Brunson, JR, IJart, Ragu, OG, and JHart. And MR, but do not really expect him back.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/15/2024  9:13 AM
It's hard to envision Thibs leaving Precious out of the playoff rotation with how he has played even at full strength (assuming Mitch is back). His defense and offensive rebounding is elite, and you know that makes Thibs a little wet. Gonna have some tough decisions to make. We could put out an insane defensive rotation with Deuce-Hart-Precious-Mitch as the bench guys, whilst staggering Brunson and Randle. My guess is that 1 of Burks/Bogs will make it and one guy will get situational'd. And 1 of Deuce/Precious will get situational'd.

With Randle staggered, Precious and Mitch available, Bogs has a harder path. But his style is better.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/15/2024  9:36 AM
BrunsonBurner wrote:

Brunson/Burks
DDV/
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch

Bogs can really score. I think he’s going to get his minutes. He also competes unlike Fournier.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/15/2024  2:51 PM
Knixkik wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:

Brunson/Burks
DDV/
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch

Bogs can really score. I think he’s going to get his minutes. He also competes unlike Fournier.

I think Fournier's biggest problem was that he was at a point in his career where playing for his country over the summer was affecting his NBA game. EF played like someone who needed the summer off to recover. Might have left more in the tank for D.

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/15/2024  3:34 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:

Brunson/Burks
DDV/
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch

They didn't give up Grimes and 2 2nds for Burks.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/16/2024  9:31 AM
DLeethal wrote:It's hard to envision Thibs leaving Precious out of the playoff rotation with how he has played even at full strength (assuming Mitch is back). His defense and offensive rebounding is elite, and you know that makes Thibs a little wet. Gonna have some tough decisions to make. We could put out an insane defensive rotation with Deuce-Hart-Precious-Mitch as the bench guys, whilst staggering Brunson and Randle. My guess is that 1 of Burks/Bogs will make it and one guy will get situational'd. And 1 of Deuce/Precious will get situational'd.

With Randle staggered, Precious and Mitch available, Bogs has a harder path. But his style is better.

I just thought about a Deuce, Josh Hart, Randle, Precious, Mitch lineup offensively and it hurt my brain

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/16/2024  9:39 AM
EwingPSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:It's hard to envision Thibs leaving Precious out of the playoff rotation with how he has played even at full strength (assuming Mitch is back). His defense and offensive rebounding is elite, and you know that makes Thibs a little wet. Gonna have some tough decisions to make. We could put out an insane defensive rotation with Deuce-Hart-Precious-Mitch as the bench guys, whilst staggering Brunson and Randle. My guess is that 1 of Burks/Bogs will make it and one guy will get situational'd. And 1 of Deuce/Precious will get situational'd.

I just thought about a Deuce, Josh Hart, Randle, Precious, Mitch lineup offensively and it hurt my brain

Need to replace Randle with OG for that lineup.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/16/2024  10:00 AM
EwingPSD wrote:

Agree but they seem to play better with those brain hurting lineups sometimes throughout Thibs reign as opposed to incorporating defensively-deficient scorers. The bench was horrible right after the OG trade, but they started to figure it out and play better once Deuce found his comfort zone. Then everyone got hurt and everything fell apart across the board.

TheMTL

2/16/2024  11:10 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2024  11:11 AM
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:

Brunson/Burks
DDV/
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch

I think Fournier's biggest problem was that he was at a point in his career where playing for his country over the summer was affecting his NBA game. EF played like someone who needed the summer off to recover. Might have left more in the tank for D.

Fournier killed it for his country. I'm not sure what we talking about?

Fournier biggest problem was his lack of defense and we had Grimes who was suddenly hitting threes at the same/better clip with along with stellar defense.

I'm worried that Bogs is merely a slightly better version of Fournier with same defensive characteristics. If Precious ever develops his shot (like Grimes), Bogs will be out the rotation.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/16/2024  12:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/16/2024  12:42 PM
TheMTL wrote:
GustavBahler wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:

Brunson/Burks
DDV/
OG/Hart
Randle/Precious
iHart/Mitch

Fournier killed it for his country. I'm not sure what we talking about?

Fournier biggest problem was his lack of defense and we had Grimes who was suddenly hitting threes at the same/better clip with along with stellar defense.

I'm worried that Bogs is merely a slightly better version of Fournier with same defensive characteristics. If Precious ever develops his shot (like Grimes), Bogs will be out the rotation.

18 million reasons to take the summer off when you're pushing 30, and playing for Thibs . Didnt have enough left, after EF "killed it" over the summer. Was also the case after a good first year with the Knicks.

I believe you're underestimating Bogs midrange game, creativity. As well as being an outside threat. Fournier wasnt on his level. Bogs has more tools in the toolbox.

Yes, Bogs D has been also suspect, but it looks like he got hurt trying to play better defense. Made a few good stops. Bogs will be coming off the bench, lighting up second units. He's a high pct shooter against starters, Bogs is the instant offense we need since IQ got traded.

Philc1
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #8897

2/21/2024  3:15 AM
Can Josh Hart play Center?
Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/21/2024  4:31 AM
Philc1 wrote:Can Josh Hart play Center?

What can't he do ?? 0pI expect him on the US bobsled team soon

What's the rotation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy