martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  9:44 AM
LivingLegend wrote:
ramtour420 wrote:Burks as your starting PG =
Burks off the bench microwave scoring punch =

Feel like Burks off bench as mostly primary ball-handle next to Deuce + J-Hart will work nice.

Now imagine Burks and Josh and Bogs with McDeuce.

4 not bad ball movers, none a primary PG but also all pretty good in that role in combo with others.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/10/2024  9:57 AM
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Feel like Burks off bench as mostly primary ball-handle next to Deuce + J-Hart will work nice.

4 not bad ball movers, none a primary PG but also all pretty good in that role in combo with others.

Ok. It’s round 1 of the playoffs. Everyone is healthy. Everyone. Thibs wants to reduce the rotation to 8 players. Who are your 8?

This is the Randle.
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/10/2024  10:09 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Ok. It’s round 1 of the playoffs. Everyone is healthy. Everyone. Thibs wants to reduce the rotation to 8 players. Who are your 8?

I'm convinced now the playoff rotation will be:

Brunson - DDV - OG - Randle - iHart
Burks - Hart - Bogs - Mitch

It is what it is, guys we like and have contributed will have to sit. Good problems to have with guys like Deuce and Precious as depth pieces.

martin
USA
2/10/2024  10:24 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Doesn’t have to be the same 8, depending on the match up, right?

If Knicks playing Cleveland, you want Mitch to beast and do his smash thing.

Against Miami, you needed one more ball handler and more shooters for Jalen. Don’t use Precious and maybe Bogs is your guy off bench.

Against Boston, maybe Precious gets more time to guard Tatum.

Doesn’t have to be same 8.

BrunsonBurner
Member: #9185
USA
2/10/2024  1:29 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  1:30 PM
Thibs is a maniac so, who knows? I assume his playoff rotation is the vet heavy one with Burks/Hart/Boj and whichever center isn't starting at that point. Deuce/Precious/Sims are emergency depth. Deuce might get some burn as a defender though. Would love a 10-11 man rotation but, again, Thibs is a maniac.

For now we have:
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
Hart
Boj/Sims
Precious/Taj

Until players are back healthy. I know Brunson/Sims are listed as questionable last I read but, this is the rotation that has to hold us down. Hopefully they add a big man off the waiver wire to help Precious. Taj is cooked,

DLeethal

2/10/2024  1:39 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Against Miami, you needed one more ball handler and more shooters for Jalen. Don’t use Precious and maybe Bogs is your guy off bench.

Thibs isn't exactly known for switching up his rotation based on matchups. I think we will go into the playoffs with our rotation and he's not gonna switch it until we are nearly eliminated (if at all).

DLeethal

2/10/2024  1:39 PM
BrunsonBurner wrote:Thibs is a maniac so, who knows? I assume his playoff rotation is the vet heavy one with Burks/Hart/Boj and whichever center isn't starting at that point. Deuce/Precious/Sims are emergency depth. Deuce might get some burn as a defender though. Would love a 10-11 man rotation but, again, Thibs is a maniac.

For now we have:
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
Hart
Boj/Sims
Precious/Taj

Until players are back healthy. I know Brunson/Sims are listed as questionable last I read but, this is the rotation that has to hold us down. Hopefully they add a big man off the waiver wire to help Precious. Taj is cooked,

A 10-11 man rotation in the playoffs is more maniacal than an 8-9 man rotation.

BrunsonBurner
USA
2/10/2024  1:43 PM
DLeethal wrote:
BrunsonBurner wrote:Thibs is a maniac so, who knows? I assume his playoff rotation is the vet heavy one with Burks/Hart/Boj and whichever center isn't starting at that point. Deuce/Precious/Sims are emergency depth. Deuce might get some burn as a defender though. Would love a 10-11 man rotation but, again, Thibs is a maniac.

For now we have:
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
Hart
Boj/Sims
Precious/Taj

A 10-11 man rotation in the playoffs is more maniacal than an 8-9 man rotation.

I am talking about all of the time. As in flexibility. Thibs is a rigid fool though. 9 in the playoffs is the name of the game. But not the SAME 9 no matter what. This is where Thibs gets out coached often,

martin
USA
2/10/2024  1:53 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  1:54 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Thibs isn't exactly known for switching up his rotation based on matchups. I think we will go into the playoffs with our rotation and he's not gonna switch it until we are nearly eliminated (if at all).

Bad assumption. In line with Thibs only knows defense, doesn’t play or develop the yutes, all the rest of the nonsense.

DLeethal

2/10/2024  2:44 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

Bad assumption. In line with Thibs only knows defense, doesn’t play or develop the yutes, all the rest of the nonsense.

I don't think so. The two you mentioned are bad assumptions that were proven false here and the defense part in MIN. Thibs not switching his rotation based on matchups is more grounded in fact. I don't even hate him for it, it's not his style and his style is good. He has not shown at any point, that swapping guys in/out of the rotation for matchups is something he will do proactively instead of reactively.

martin
USA
2/10/2024  4:05 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I don't think so. The two you mentioned are bad assumptions that were proven false here and the defense part in MIN. Thibs not switching his rotation based on matchups is more grounded in fact. I don't even hate him for it, it's not his style and his style is good. He has not shown at any point, that swapping guys in/out of the rotation for matchups is something he will do proactively instead of reactively.

I call shenanigans. It’s not even really debatable. It’s just not noticeable.

EwingsGlass
USA
2/11/2024  7:09 PM
Assuming healthy to start the playoffs, I start with assumption that you don’t lose your starting job to injury. That said there is something to be said about the way iHart has been playing that makes you think.

Brunson
DDV
OG
Randle
Robinson

Next line:

Burks
JHart
Bogs
Precious
IHart

Now, some will be unhappy that I disrespected McBride here, but I think he needs a little more work offensively. He’s in my 4 year plans and hope he gets some playoff run, but I could see the vets taking more minutes.

McBride
Sims
Gibson
____
____
Toppin
Brown
Washington

With this kind of depth, I think you go with whatever is working and there are no excuses for lack of effort. Need a play off? Next man up.

This is the Randle.
BrunsonBurner
USA
2/11/2024  9:25 PM
Regular season he should have a ten man rotation.
Brunson/Deuce
DDV/Burks
OG/Hart
Randle/Boj
iHart/Mitch

With Precious getting some regular burn sprinkled in. This is conducive to long term health/energy.

Playoffs he can go 9 and decide when he needs defense off the bench vs offense. That's where Deuce/Precious vs Burks/Boj minutes come into play. Also have the necessary depth for injury emergency as well.

Brunson/*Deuce/Burks
DDV/Burks
OG/Hart
Randle/Boj/*Precious
iHart/Mitch

Can't wait to see the team full strength.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/12/2024  9:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2024  9:34 AM
DLeethal wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
LivingLegend wrote:

I'm convinced now the playoff rotation will be:

Brunson - DDV - OG - Randle - iHart
Burks - Hart - Bogs - Mitch

It is what it is, guys we like and have contributed will have to sit. Good problems to have with guys like Deuce and Precious as depth pieces.

You are probably right. It's a damn good rotation. If we play the Celtics I'd like to see Precious play some 5. Maybe against the Bucks too. I think his mobility could help us against stretch 5s. I love Deuce and always welcome him getting a shot. Seems like the Cavs might be a match where he could come in handy situationally. As you mentioned before Thibs is more inclined to try and impose his style and will with what he sees as his best guys first before proactively adjusting. It is still nice to have those guys as options

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/12/2024  10:24 AM
I know this is going to be unpopular, and a symptom of disconnect (again) between FO and Thibs, but I honestly could see Boj being the odd man out come rotation shortening time. I just don't see him as a Thibs type player. We'll see.
EwingsGlass
USA
2/12/2024  10:29 AM
Panos wrote:I know this is going to be unpopular, and a symptom of disconnect (again) between FO and Thibs, but I honestly could see Boj being the odd man out come rotation shortening time. I just don't see him as a Thibs type player. We'll see.

I could see this with Fournier being the analogy. Really depends on how bad he is defensively. We know he can shoot.

This is the Randle.
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/12/2024  10:58 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/12/2024  10:58 AM
Panos wrote:I know this is going to be unpopular, and a symptom of disconnect (again) between FO and Thibs, but I honestly could see Boj being the odd man out come rotation shortening time. I just don't see him as a Thibs type player. We'll see.

That would be rough. I could see it but it would be rough. He is more than Evan on O. He is a bucket.

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/12/2024  11:05 AM
I think what makes Boj make is Thibs will play him with all defensive guys while Brunson and Randle sit.
McBride/Josh/OG/Bogs/Mitch.

Also nobody plays 10 guys in the playoffs. That rotation *might* be 9 guys cause it hard see one of these guys not getting floor time, but you can sure 1-2 of these guys are going to see Obi minutes at best.

Brunson/DD/OG/Jules/IHart
bench: Burks/Josh/Bog/Mitch

The bottom line is the depth is fantastic.

I honestly feel if we have a healthy Brunson/OG/Randle/1 center we can beat anyone in the east. With McBride/DD/Josh/Precious/Burks/Bogs and the two centers are just loaded and whoever we run out there is gonna be tough

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/12/2024  11:19 AM
I think we shouldnt jump to conclusions yet on Bog. We have to see how he fits when he gets familiar. You can already see can put his head down and go to the basket and he'll seek to do that a few times a game. MY recollection is his best offense is actually his Post up game which we didn't see on Saturday. He is a far more versatile scoring option than Fournier. I dont think we would have given up Grimes to get Bog if we weren't gonna use Bog. I think we could have gotten Burks without Grimes.

Against Houston, especially if Sengun is out, I think you're gonna see him play more inside and out.

Defensive fit is up in the air, but you saw him compete out there

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/12/2024  11:37 AM
VDesai wrote:I think we shouldnt jump to conclusions yet on Bog. We have to see how he fits when he gets familiar. You can already see can put his head down and go to the basket and he'll seek to do that a few times a game. MY recollection is his best offense is actually his Post up game which we didn't see on Saturday. He is a far more versatile scoring option than Fournier. I dont think we would have given up Grimes to get Bog if we weren't gonna use Bog. I think we could have gotten Burks without Grimes.

Against Houston, especially if Sengun is out, I think you're gonna see him play more inside and out.

Defensive fit is up in the air, but you saw him compete out there

there's also a chance Burks ends up being the 10th guy... I dont think Thibs has pressure to play him. Bogs is the guy he needs to make fit because the Knicks really need what he brings.

Burks is fine, but he's an innings eater. He's better than a warm body and I dont love him in the playoff rotation any more than McBride and only to backup Brunson for 10-12 minutes.

Bojan can move the needle and you can put him out there with defensive guys while resting Brunson AND Jules.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
What's the rotation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy