What's the rotation?
Author Thread
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

2/8/2024  2:47 PM
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
Chandler wrote:We added clutch shooting. We have huge depth and bench minutes may depend on situation, e.g., Precious will be back up 4 and used if we need rebounding and size

this has the potential to be huge. I'm thinking of the Rockets under Rudy T. The non-super-star players are the ones who came up big and burned you. OG, Precious Bo, and Burcs all have that capability for one reason or another

You know Thibs is our coach right? Lol, he doesnt make adjustments like that.

except he literally does and has every year.

lol

Definitely not. But I will admit that he's gotten much better this year.

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2024  2:53 PM
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
Chandler wrote:We added clutch shooting. We have huge depth and bench minutes may depend on situation, e.g., Precious will be back up 4 and used if we need rebounding and size

this has the potential to be huge. I'm thinking of the Rockets under Rudy T. The non-super-star players are the ones who came up big and burned you. OG, Precious Bo, and Burcs all have that capability for one reason or another

lol

did he bench Kemba? Did he bench Derrick Rose? Did he bench Cam Reddish? Did he bench Fournier? Did he play unknowns like Deuce or Grimes before them? Did he swap DD for Grimes? Was that ALL this year? Does he close games with the same guys? Sometimes it was Hart, other times it was Grimes... is that not an adjustment?

Why do people repeat this old propaganda? Are you watching the games?

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TheMTL
Member: #9140

2/8/2024  3:07 PM
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:

lol

did he bench Kemba? Did he bench Derrick Rose? Did he bench Cam Reddish? Did he bench Fournier? Did he play unknowns like Deuce or Grimes before them? Did he swap DD for Grimes? Was that ALL this year? Does he close games with the same guys? Sometimes it was Hart, other times it was Grimes... is that not an adjustment?

Nah man I dont know what games you been watching but most of the moves you named came WAY AFTER US FANS calling for them.

Anyway, I can name plenty of examples when he sat IQ, didnt pull out Randle, didnt put in the bench because it wasnt time yet, stopped playing Cam for no reason, etc.

Look I like Thibs cause he's the best coach we had in this millennium, but if you think Thibs the type of coach that will / will not play rotation players because of matchups, you are mistaken.

HofstraBBall
Member: #6192

2/8/2024  3:24 PM
fishmike wrote:lets say we are a 100% healthy some playoffs... I think we look like this:
Brunson/DD/OG/Randle/IHart
bench: Burks/Josh/Bojan/Mitch and all bench guys are gonna have to fight for minutes. I think McBride and Precious are outside looking in, but against more athletic squads those two can really help and FAST

Are are 11 deep w/ McBride and Precious on the outside of a 9 man rotation.

Like the way you have MR behind IHart. Is that just this year or if we resign IJart and both are healthy?

Crazy how my perspective changed regarding Precious.
Went from thinking we would pawn him off to another team to he is that glue guy that contributed to winning. Like I felt about Devo.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

2/8/2024  3:28 PM
VDesai wrote:9 Man Rotation Logic Tree

Current rotation -Missing OG and Randle and Mitch

Bojan/Precious/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks, Hart, Miles, Sims

OG comes back:

Bojan/OG/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks, Hart, Miles, Precious

Randle comes back:

Randle/OG/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks or Miles, Hart, Bojan, Precious

Mitch comes back:

Randle/OG/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks or Miles, Hart, Bojan, Mitch

Think Thibs will want Josh Hart in until Randle and OG come back.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2024  3:44 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:
fishmike wrote:lets say we are a 100% healthy some playoffs... I think we look like this:
bench: Burks/Josh/Bojan/Mitch and all bench guys are gonna have to fight for minutes. I think McBride and Precious are outside looking in, but against more athletic squads those two can really help and FAST

Like the way you have MR behind IHart. Is that just this year or if we resign IJart and both are healthy?

Went from thinking we would pawn him off to another team to he is that glue guy that contributed to winning. Like I felt about Devo.

to be honest could go either way. Thibs might give Mitch the start back or stick with Hart. I think they are interchangeable and not the same. IHart is def better away from the basket, guarding shooters and a better offensive player. Mitch is elite defending the rim and working the glass. They are different but both impact guys and I hope we find a way to keep both
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2024  4:22 PM
Burks as your starting PG =
Burks off the bench microwave scoring punch =
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2024  4:26 PM
TheMTL wrote:

haha to a large degree you're right. but to a larger degree he plays guys who help winning. and he loves effort guys so guys will get on the court

(5)(5)
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2024  4:30 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:

MR has lost his starting job IMO. iHart had lik6 assists the other night. He's a big catalyst for better offense

irony with precious is he's a NYer and playing like he cherishes the opportunity; Obi was a NYer and didn't have that fie. P is definitely playing as hard as he can and making it tough for TT to not play him

(5)(5)
HofstraBBall

2/8/2024  5:59 PM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

MR has lost his starting job IMO. iHart had lik6 assists the other night. He's a big catalyst for better offense

irony with precious is he's a NYer and playing like he cherishes the opportunity; Obi was a NYer and didn't have that fie. P is definitely playing as hard as he can and making it tough for TT to not play him

Won't argue he is making a case. Question will be answered this summer if Knicks offer OHart a big contract. Never liked a player losing his job due to injury.

Precious and Obi contributed differently. Feel Precious is filling a bigger need. Kinda close comparison since they both offer specific skill sets and are not multi faceted.

HofstraBBall

2/8/2024  8:06 PM
Was watching Ian Begley and he mentioned that a source close to team said Thibs intention was to go to an 8 man rotation? Lol
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/9/2024  9:27 AM
Chandler wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

MR lost his starting job this year for sure. Maybe they duke it out in training camp but iHart has the leg up on the starting role this year and next. I wouldn't close the book on Mitch winning it back but right now it's iHart's to lose.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/9/2024  9:29 AM
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:

lol

Nah man I dont know what games you been watching but most of the moves you named came WAY AFTER US FANS calling for them.

Anyway, I can name plenty of examples when he sat IQ, didnt pull out Randle, didnt put in the bench because it wasnt time yet, stopped playing Cam for no reason, etc.

Look I like Thibs cause he's the best coach we had in this millennium, but if you think Thibs the type of coach that will / will not play rotation players because of matchups, you are mistaken.

I think the "Adjustments" stuff is lame for the most part, but I will agree that it's highly unlikely Thibs is gonna switch his rotation on a nightly basis or a playoff series basis, based on matchups or hot hands or whatever. He's gonna go into the playoffs with his rotation and stick with it. Maybe he switches it at some point if we are struggling but he's not gonna flip flop game to game depending on what the game is calling for. He's not that type of coach which is fine.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/9/2024  10:56 AM
PF Randle
SF OGA
C Big Hart
SG DVo
PG Burner
Bench - Hart, Burks, Deuce, Precious, Bogdanovic

This is why I'm not jumping up and down after this trade. I don't see where Bogdanovic fits. He's not really a traditional Thibs type of player. When everyone is healthy, he's going to get that 15 mpg Obi role behind Randle. If that. I could even see him becoming Fournier on the bench.

HofstraBBall

2/10/2024  8:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  9:04 AM
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:

lol

The idea that coaches listen to fans is hilarious. Especially Thibs
Feel most of the complaints about Thibs comes with little idea of what a professional coaches truly prioritize. They also come as hindsight or as morning morning quarterbacking.

Some insight about coaching from having a dad that coached for over 32 years and playing around different coaches and systems.
Hard to discuss all but let's focus on the "making adjustments/taking guys out" complaint Feel this always goes back to a fans narrative of "why doesn't Thibs take out Randle/Anyone for playing like ****" or "why doesn't Thibs put in my fantasy 15th man who I think can make a difference". Pretty much something like that. Problem is, it leaves out so many different factors needed for a coach to be successful.
First is, the season is long. Coaches know they need their best players to be at their best. Since they have the highest skill level. Many times coaches leave in the better players because they don't want to send the message they are not trusted or that the coach does not believe in them. They have also earned that right with years of production. The 15th guy or other player you want probably has not earned the same confidence the fan has. Prefer to believe the coach who watches every practice.
The idea that coaches have never put in that "15th man with some ability" in hopes of making a difference is funny. It's probably the main reason they don't. Because it never worked before. There is also the part that coaches are trying to develop those good you g players and do not want to kill the little confidence they have developed by putting them in difficult situations. Regardless, I disagree that Thibs does not reward those playing well. We have seen it time and time again where he goes with the hot hands at the end. He has also been open to promote young players who have shown they are capable. (RJ, Grimes, IQ, Deuce)

It's everyone's right to criticize Thibs since no one is perfect but most feel that prior to him coming here we all prayed for a defensive minded coach and one who would bring an improved culture to the laughing stocks of the NBA. We are the NUMBER ONE defense and considered towards the top of the NBA.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/10/2024  8:54 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/10/2024  10:18 AM
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:

lol

to add to that, our offense is arguably the most advanced analytical offense. We only shoot 3's and at the rim, Thibs has completely eliminated mid range shots and long two's and it has really elevated Brunson and Randle. Randle especially used to shoot a ton of long 2's. Brunson has come here and his shot diet is 3's and in the paint. He's turned into one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA and done so while increasing his volume drastically, so has Donte.

The fact that this team had a top 5 offense last year is still amazing to me, it wasn't because of firepower it was because of scheme. Thibs is known as a defensive mastermind but you can make the case that his offensive scheming is just as good now.

He doesn't even play guys big minutes anymore, we had ONE player in the top 20 in MPG last year, we have only 3 guys in the top 100 this year. but some people just can't let go of old narratives.

NY has a history of not appreciating stars in the moment, but Thibs and Brunson are the best things that have happened to this franchise in DECADES and we are lucky to have both.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  9:26 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:

lol

to add to that, our offense is arguably the most advanced analytical offense. We only shoot 3's and at the rim, Thibs has completely eliminated mid range shots and long two's and it has really elevated Brunson and Randle. Randle especially used to shoot a ton of long 2's. Brunson has come here and his shot diet is 3's and in the paint. He's turned into one of the best 3pt shooters in the NBA and done so while increasing his volume drastically, so has Donte.

The fact that this team had a top 5 offense last year is still amazing to me, it wasn't because of firepower it was because of scheme. This is known as a defensive mastermind but you can make the case that his offensive scheming is just as good now.

He doesn't even play guys big minutes anymore, we had ONE player in the top 20 in MPG last year, we have only 3 guys in the top 100 this year. but some people just can't let go of old narratives.

NY has a history of not appreciating stars in the moment, but Thibs and Brunson are the best things that have happened to this franchise in DECADES and we are lucky to have both.

Good illustration. And it’s the whole team too

MaTT4281 wrote:
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/10/2024  9:32 AM
Thibs going to start Bogey and play him until his calf pops again
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/10/2024  9:35 AM
LivingLegend wrote:Thibs going to start Bogey and play him until his calf pops again

I remember Riley doing that to Magic.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/10/2024  9:40 AM
ramtour420 wrote:Burks as your starting PG =
Burks off the bench microwave scoring punch =

Feel like Burks off bench as mostly primary ball-handle next to Deuce + J-Hart will work nice.

What's the rotation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy