[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

What's the rotation?
Author Thread
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/8/2024  12:19 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  3:25 PM
We have added some solid pieces
Curious to see how Thibs plays them if all are healthy?
Does he go to a 10 man?
Is Deuce out.

If MR comes back we have
MR/IHart
JR/Precious
OG/??
Devo/??
JB/??

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2024  12:25 PM
lets say we are a 100% healthy some playoffs... I think we look like this:
Brunson/DD/OG/Randle/IHart
bench: Burks/Josh/Bojan/Mitch and all bench guys are gonna have to fight for minutes. I think McBride and Precious are outside looking in, but against more athletic squads those two can really help and FAST

Are are 11 deep w/ McBride and Precious on the outside of a 9 man rotation.

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
TheMTL
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9140

2/8/2024  12:39 PM
fishmike wrote:lets say we are a 100% healthy some playoffs... I think we look like this:
bench: Burks/Josh/Bojan/Mitch and all bench guys are gonna have to fight for minutes. I think McBride and Precious are outside looking in, but against more athletic squads those two can really help and FAST

Yeah I can see that as the 9-man rotation for now. Im not sure how much of a Thibs guy is Bojan though. I think Precious is actually more of Thibs player

newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/8/2024  12:44 PM
TheMTL wrote:
fishmike wrote:lets say we are a 100% healthy some playoffs... I think we look like this:

Yeah I can see that as the 9-man rotation for now. Im not sure how much of a Thibs guy is Bojan though. I think Precious is actually more of Thibs player

Rose learned his lesson after the Reddish & Fournier moves. He isn't moving Grimes to net Bojan unless Thibs wanted it.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/8/2024  12:45 PM
9 Man Rotation Logic Tree

Current rotation -Missing OG and Randle and Mitch

Bojan/Precious/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks, Hart, Miles, Sims

OG comes back:

Bojan/OG/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks, Hart, Miles, Precious

Randle comes back:

Randle/OG/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks or Miles, Hart, Bojan, Precious

Mitch comes back:

Randle/OG/Hartenstein/Brunson DDV
Bench: Burks or Miles, Hart, Bojan, Mitch

fishmike
USA
2/8/2024  12:48 PM
TheMTL wrote:

Thibs loves aggressive scorers who hit big shots. Bogan will be a great bench player for us
jskinny35
Member: #928
USA
2/8/2024  12:49 PM
When Randle and Brunson expire Thibs will sub in the pallbearers Bogs and Burks...
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2024  12:49 PM
We added clutch shooting. We have huge depth and bench minutes may depend on situation, e.g., Precious will be back up 4 and used if we need rebounding and size

this has the potential to be huge. I'm thinking of the Rockets under Rudy T. The non-super-star players are the ones who came up big and burned you. OG, Precious Bo, and Burcs all have that capability for one reason or another

(5)(5)
newyorknewyork
Member: #541
2/8/2024  12:53 PM
HofstraBBall wrote:We have added some solid pieces
Curious to see how Things plays them?
Does he go to a 10 man?
Is Deuce out.

If MR comes back we have
MR/IHart
JR/Precious
OG/??
Devo/??
JB/??

IHart/Mitch/Precious
Randle/OG/Bojan
OG/Bojan/Hart
DDV/Hart/Burks
Brunson/Burks/Mcbride.

Mcbride is probably out the rotation at full health. DDV probably lines up at PG while Burks, Hart, Bojan handle the rock and create. Hart and Mitch PNR surrounded by DDV, Burks, Bojan 40% threes.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/8/2024  12:57 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:We have added some solid pieces
Curious to see how Things plays them?
Does he go to a 10 man?
Is Deuce out.

If MR comes back we have
MR/IHart
JR/Precious
OG/??
Devo/??
JB/??

IHart/Mitch/Precious
Randle/OG/Bojan
OG/Bojan/Hart
DDV/Hart/Burks
Brunson/Burks/Mcbride.

Mcbride is probably out the rotation at full health. DDV probably lines up at PG while Burks, Hart, Bojan handle the rock and create. Hart and Mitch PNR surrounded by DDV, Burks, Bojan 40% threes.

I could see Burks getting knocked out if the 2nd unit has guys like Bojan, who can get his own shot, + a starter on it. I think you may want Miles defending PGs over Burks. Would depend on who we are playing to some degree (though usually Thibs like consistency in the rotation).

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/8/2024  1:02 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  1:02 PM
I think this team with all the injuries it has, will not be fully healthy this year. Players will come back, some may re-injure, whatever. We can use all the firepower we can muster. Hopefully Thibs is onboard with Bojan and he can play enough defense to stay in the lineup unlike EF.
Next year is next year.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/8/2024  1:14 PM
Bojan replaces Randle in the short term. Long term I think it will be Hart, Bojan, Burks and Achiuwa off the bench and McBride is back to his situational role unfortunately.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2024  2:10 PM

How about this take: depending on who the opponent is, Thibs can roll out Precious if we playing Boston or Clippers and their big wing players, or we can roll with McBride on Flat Earther opponent night.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ramtour420
Member: #1388
Russian Federation
2/8/2024  2:12 PM
I like that Bojan can pull their bigs out and we can get even more boards.
Everything you have ever wanted is on the other side of fear- George Adair
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/8/2024  2:14 PM
TheMTL wrote:

Thibs played Korver as his 6th man on his best Bulls teams. I think it's a little too simplistic to suggest Thibs doesn't like any offense-first player. Bogs is a gamer, he plays with fire and can score all over the court and takes it to his defender. Fournier isn't the same type.

DLeethal

2/8/2024  2:15 PM
martin wrote:

How about this take: depending on who the opponent is, Thibs can roll out Precious if we playing Boston or Clippers and their big wing players, or we can roll with McBride on Flat Earther opponent night.

You'd like to think Thibs will adjust based on matchups, but that's not who he is, which is fine. I think it's likely the rotation shortens for the playoffs, and that just is what it is. We're operating like a contender. Good players sit on the bench sometimes.

DLeethal

2/8/2024  2:17 PM
If we are full strength and Mitch is back, Deuce and Precious become key depth pieces for the playoffs. Probably the easy answer.
TheMTL

2/8/2024  2:40 PM
Chandler wrote:We added clutch shooting. We have huge depth and bench minutes may depend on situation, e.g., Precious will be back up 4 and used if we need rebounding and size

this has the potential to be huge. I'm thinking of the Rockets under Rudy T. The non-super-star players are the ones who came up big and burned you. OG, Precious Bo, and Burcs all have that capability for one reason or another

You know Thibs is our coach right? Lol, he doesnt make adjustments like that.

fishmike
USA
2/8/2024  2:42 PM
TheMTL wrote:
Chandler wrote:We added clutch shooting. We have huge depth and bench minutes may depend on situation, e.g., Precious will be back up 4 and used if we need rebounding and size

You know Thibs is our coach right? Lol, he doesnt make adjustments like that.

except he literally does and has every year.

lol

TheMTL

2/8/2024  2:45 PM
fishmike wrote:
TheMTL wrote:

Thibs loves aggressive scorers who hit big shots. Bogan will be a great bench player for us

Nah, a typical Thibs guy is scrappy, tough, gritty. But yes, Bojan will be fabulous off the bench.

What's the rotation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy