[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out
Author Thread
BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

2/8/2024  12:27 PM
Personally, I think this was a plundering and pillage of the Village of Pistons. I have to tip my hat to Leon.

The only meaningful player we gave up, was Grimes, who was always going to go and not get an extension. Flynn played decent, but I kept getting him mixed up with Divo when watching the game.

The reason I'm excited is that we still have all our firsts, and these moves are short term to shore up our bench, whilst adding scoring power when the second team is on the court. And like someone already pointed out...these are moves for seasoned vets in preparation for the playoffs and making a legitimate run at a title. Love it

AUTOADVERT
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2024  12:28 PM
DLeethal wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Honestly hate losing Grimes. He's started to come back around after a slow start to the season and has been one of the best defenders on the team. Sad that we've traded away all the kids and draft picks recently.

But Burks is a Thibs fav and should help and fit in nicely as the backup PG/ball handler and you can still keep Deuce in the rotation so that's good. Not a huge fan of Bogdanovic. He's old and doesn't play any defense and I predict will get the Fournier treatment after a few games.

Would have preferred Brogdon tbh.

I think Bogs will surprise people. He plays with a much higher motor than Fournier and is a much more fiery player. He battles.

only people who have not seen him play.... he's not only gonna be good here I expect him to be REALLY good. His game is awesome, gritty and very Manu-like if he was a 4. I think he's gonna LOVE being here after sucky Det and be huge for us
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/8/2024  12:28 PM
firefly wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Lots of points in the paint here, not a guy who is allergic to scoring off the bounce or inside the arc.

Its interesting. I'm not being negative here at all, but trying to figure out why his rebounding numbers are so low. Is it a consequence of a high # of long-distance shots/leaking out early?

IDK, he's just a not a rebounder. Good thing we have those in spades.

firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
2/8/2024  12:30 PM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
SergioNYK wrote:Honestly hate losing Grimes. He's started to come back around after a slow start to the season and has been one of the best defenders on the team. Sad that we've traded away all the kids and draft picks recently.

But Burks is a Thibs fav and should help and fit in nicely as the backup PG/ball handler and you can still keep Deuce in the rotation so that's good. Not a huge fan of Bogdanovic. He's old and doesn't play any defense and I predict will get the Fournier treatment after a few games.

I think Bogs will surprise people. He plays with a much higher motor than Fournier and is a much more fiery player. He battles.

only people who have not seen him play.... he's not only gonna be good here I expect him to be REALLY good. His game is awesome, gritty and very Manu-like if he was a 4. I think he's gonna LOVE being here after sucky Det and be huge for us

I have not seen him play, but now Im excited Aquaboy!

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
fishmike
Member: #298
USA
2/8/2024  12:31 PM
DLeethal wrote:
firefly wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Lots of points in the paint here, not a guy who is allergic to scoring off the bounce or inside the arc.

Its interesting. I'm not being negative here at all, but trying to figure out why his rebounding numbers are so low. Is it a consequence of a high # of long-distance shots/leaking out early?

IDK, he's just a not a rebounder. Good thing we have those in spades.

he plays like a wing with an inside game. It's prolly his biggest weakness but's gonna be playing with guys who thirst for rebs.

Bojan is the steal here. Burks would be nice. Bojan is a PLAYER. Seeing this guy check in is gonna be a real "ah ****" moment for opposing teams. I think this guy is gonna play hungry here and remind everyone who the phuck BOJAN is

"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/8/2024  12:33 PM
Bogdanovic's nickname - Triple Bogey
Garrett2010PSD
Member: #9141
USA
2/8/2024  12:37 PM
I am salivating at the increased floor spacing Bogs will create.
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2024  12:38 PM
As I mentioned in another thread:

Burks can shoot in the clutch which is key
I assume Bojan can too.

if true this will really amp things up. No more loading up on JB and JR without consequences.

I am sorry things didn't wrk out for Grimes. But we need a SG who is willing to shoot. We will miss his D

Maybe Detroit felt obliged to be nice to us since we sent them Jalen Duren who has turned out to be a good player for them

Go time!

(5)(5)
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/8/2024  12:40 PM
Is it wrong I'm more upset about tearing Ryan away from the Nova group than I am to losing Grimes?
DJMUSIC
Member: #1283

2/8/2024  12:40 PM
JesseDark wrote:Saw a report that the Knicks are finalizing trade to bring him back.

Glad for moves this yr,
However hate losing M.Flynn

Enough said
Carry on

Turntable Musiclover & Mix-Master-ologist
Clean
Member: #743
2/8/2024  12:41 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  12:41 PM

As we have learned with the OG trade, fit is everything. Everyone fits with Randle and Brunson now.
Chandler
Member: #6197

2/8/2024  12:43 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Is it wrong I'm more upset about tearing Ryan away from the Nova group than I am to losing Grimes?

i'm kind of in the same camp but can see him coming back if we have an opening and he's bought out. He's totally a locker room and practice guy (which should not be undervalued. the worst thing is a guy on the bench griping for playing time; the best are the ones who are extra cheerleaders plus practice hard)

(5)(5)
Uptown
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #1883

2/8/2024  12:43 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  12:47 PM
It's good to have relationships in the league and its clear Weaver and Rose have working relatiojship. It was the Pistons that paved the way for the Knicks to sign Brunson when we traded Burks and Noel to clear 19m in cap space. Now,Pistons not only return Burks to us, but we get a bonafied starter in Bogdanovic.

Does Weaver get a ring too?

ccch
Member: #3876

2/8/2024  12:48 PM
Love this move. Finally the light went on in the front office. You need good shooters to win... Bogdanovic is one of the best. Now we have 3 premier shooters...Brunson, Divo, and Bog. If McBride can keep improving ( has great form and it's only a matter of time ) out outside shooting will be one of the best in the league.
Garrett2010PSD
Member: #9141
USA
2/8/2024  1:02 PM
Joe Harris is being waived by the Pistons, per @ShamsCharania
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

2/8/2024  1:05 PM
GustavBahler wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:Why am I less than excited?

I thought that our youth could fetch back all star talent like Donovan Mitchell or DJ Murray. Instead, we traded four of our last first round picks for what?
Out:
RJ
IQ
QG
Obi

In:
OG
Alec Burks
Bojan
Precious

Plus we net lose one 2nd round pick. And have converted the asset of Evan's big expiring.

Classic young for old.
I'm sorry, but this is not the improvement I was hoping for, nor does it get us to contention level.

Its about contending while Brunson is still one of the best PGs in the league. I doubt the FO expected DDV to play this well. Knew that Thibs wanted to keep IQ as a 6th man, and IQ didnt want that. Also wanted to get paid. Knew that the offense brought the pts, but not the chemistry with RJ/JB/Randle.

My guess is that the remainder of the season is about seeing how far we go, without adding elite talent. See which players demonstrate that they can help the Knicks contend, and move from there. With those 1st round picks still intact.

The FO made these moves,based on the facts on the ground. Its about trying to win a chip' within Brunson's window. Which you never know how long will last. Especially the way he plays.

Burks should help Bojan get up to speed on what Thibs expects from his players..in more detail.

Great post, x2

DLeethal

2/8/2024  1:18 PM
Precious defensive versatility will help us well with our immediate lineup. I assume Bogs-Precious-iHart will be the starting front court. Precious can guard the better 3/4 and let Bogs hide on the other guy. Precious is versatile enough to guard a LeBron or a Siakam or a Giannis and probably even a Tatum until OG gets back.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/8/2024  1:20 PM
Gonna miss Grimes, but I think this solidifies the rotation.

Very utilitarian move. This does the right thing in terms of salary cap management using the Fournier contract. Adds serviceable salary.

Oddly adds salary AND creates a trade exception from Flynn?

Gives us a bit of backup while guys get healthy. Honestly, I am a little scared of what this trade means vis a vis our injury report - specifically Randle. Not the swing for the fence add of talent for picks I was kind of expecting. More adding of role players that fill very utilitarian needs in a manner that continues to spread the floor to give Brunson room to work.

Without guessing as to minutes or injuries, this is what we look like. That's a lot of flexibility by position and, if healthy, pretty solid depth through 11. Bigs can be more aggresive,if needed.

Brunson / McBride
DDV / Hart
OG / Burks
Randle / Bogs
Robinson / Hart / Achiuwa / Taj

Not saying there is another move coming, but if there is, its flipping picks and Bogs for something else as part of a "larger deal" - like Clarkson and Olynyk.

This is the Randle.
gradyandrew
Member: #8959

2/8/2024  1:22 PM
One thing I will say about Leon, he knows how to make everyone happy. RJ got a really nice contract and gets to be a hometown hero, Obi got a starting gig and a long runway to show off before hitting free agency, IQ and Grimes go to perfect situations where they can sign big, new contracts. Knicks have cashed in all there developmental chips over the last month and have landed really solid veteran contributors for a deep playoff run.

The other side is the immediate help these guys can provide just in terms of soaking up?minutes until our entire starting front court returns. Let's hope they are already on a plane.

DLeethal

2/8/2024  1:23 PM
fishmike wrote:
DLeethal wrote:

His game log and season stats are juicy AF. Didn't realize he was still a 20ppg guy, playing over 30mpg, shooting 42% from 3 on 7.5 attempts ... what a freakin' add for this team

Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy