[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/8/2024  12:00 PM
JesseDark wrote:Who would have thought McBride would be last man standing of our youth?

Mitch still standing. On crutches but he standing

AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/8/2024  12:01 PM
Knicks got this much better and didn’t give up any first round pick? Not even Detroit’s pick back to them? Unbelievable.
firefly
Alba Posts: 17
Member: #721
United Kingdom
VDesai wrote:
firefly wrote:I'm delighted but would have loved a big body coming over as well

With Hartenstein/Precious/Sims and a Robinson on his way back and cap space to have to cover Hartenstein, not sure that makes sense

Love everyone on that list and have been pleasantly surprised by my Precious. But Harts had a minute out already. Mitch is one turned asnkle away from missing the playoffs, and Sims is still the #4 option on a wnning team. Cap spacve is right, but there are some vet pickups that could have made short term sense.

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
TheMTL
Member: #9140

First I wanna say I love the trade in terms of value and immediate need.

I'm shocked we got Bojan. I know he can shoot and score 20ppg but I'm concerned if he's truly a Thibs guy and won't get the Fournier treatment next season.

Also, with Burkes and Bojan, aren't we back to the IQ/RJ dilemma with minutes distribution once Randle comes back.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2024  12:02 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Why am I less than excited?

I thought that our youth could fetch back all star talent like Donovan Mitchell or DJ Murray. Instead, we traded four of our last first round picks for what?
Out:
RJ
IQ
QG
Obi

In:
OG
Alec Burks
Bojan
Precious

Plus we net lose one 2nd round pick. And have converted the asset of Evan's big expiring.

Classic young for old.
I'm sorry, but this is not the improvement I was hoping for, nor does it get us to contention level.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about giving up Grimes for two guys well in their 30s. But maybe it says something about how the rest of the league perceived Grimes value? Or even worse, it says something about the nature of Randle and OG's injuries?
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/8/2024  12:03 PM

I thought that our youth could fetch back all star talent like Donovan Mitchell or DJ Murray. Instead, we traded four of our last first round picks for what?
Out:
RJ
IQ
QG
Obi

In:
OG
Alec Burks
Bojan
Precious

Plus we net lose one 2nd round pick. And have converted the asset of Evan's big expiring.

Classic young for old.
I'm sorry, but this is not the improvement I was hoping for, nor does it get us to contention level.

Our young guys all due big extensions or in RJ's case already on one, were not that valuable IMO. Mitchell trade would have taken 4-5 firsts plus all those guys. The 1sts are more valuable on the trade market.

Garrett2010PSD
Member: #9141
USA
2/8/2024  12:03 PM
martin wrote:

Leon holding onto those firsts like he knows something.

This emboldens my off season prediction of 4-5 firsts for a star.

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/8/2024  12:04 PM
TheMTL wrote:First I wanna say I love the trade in terms of value and immediate need.

I'm shocked we got Bojan. I know he can shoot and score 20ppg but I'm concerned if he's truly a Thibs guy and won't get the Fournier treatment next season.

Also, with Burkes and Bojan, aren't we back to the IQ/RJ dilemma with minutes distribution once Randle comes back.

I think Bogs and Burkes would actually be amenable to the concept of extra rest.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

This was a heist
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
DLeethal

BigDaddyG wrote:

Out:
RJ
IQ
QG
Obi

In:
OG
Alec Burks
Bojan
Precious

Classic young for old.

Yeah, I'm not thrilled about giving up Grimes for two guys well in their 30s. But maybe it says something about how the rest of the league perceived Grimes value? Or even worse, it says something about the nature of Randle and OG's injuries?

Knicks are operating like a contender. This is what contenders do. They bulk up on vets for deep playoff runs.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

To be clear, I freaking love this trade
Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Clean
Member: #743

Out:
RJ
IQ
QG
Obi

In:
OG
Alec Burks
Bojan
Precious

Classic young for old.

You have to give to get. We decided to give up young instead of picks.

RJ did not fit.
Quick was too expensive to keep for what he is.
QG is too inconsistant
OBi we gave him away I agree here.

OG is a perfect fit.
Burks is a perfect fit when not playing PG.
Bojan is a shooter we needed.
Precious has surprisingly been a perfect fit.

I don't understand your issue with the moves we made. Young players that don't fit are not doing us any good.

DLeethal

2/8/2024  12:05 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
TheMTL wrote:First I wanna say I love the trade in terms of value and immediate need.

I think Bogs and Burkes would actually be amenable to the concept of extra rest.

Yea, I think it's good to have guys who don't HAVE to play a ton of mins when everyone is back. Precious and Bogs or Burks will most likely not play at full strength including Mitch. But we are so far away from that it's not even worth discussing right now.

firefly
United Kingdom
2/8/2024  12:06 PM
martin wrote:
firefly wrote:I'm delighted but would have loved a big body coming over as well

Yeah yeah you like them thick, just like the rest of us

Thicc, daddy. Thicc

Some men see things as they are and ask why. I dream things that never were and ask why not?
Garrett2010PSD
Member: #9141
USA
2/8/2024  12:07 PM
DLeethal wrote:
fishmike wrote:I hate giving up on Grimes, but that's the biz.

Burks/Bojan are good pros who will really help in the short term. The prodigal return of PG Burks!!!

These are stop gap players who will help and the cost was not prohibitive. I do hope we actually USE our 2 first rounders and bring in a couple guys who can help and build up the pipeline

Knicks wanted to keep their first round picks. They are probably valued higher than these young guys due for extensions soon. It is what it is, we going for a legit playoff run. Vets win in the playoffs.

Yep Knicks are going all in now. Hated giving up Grimes but short term this makes us a better team.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/8/2024  12:07 PM
Honestly hate losing Grimes. He's started to come back around after a slow start to the season and has been one of the best defenders on the team. Sad that we've traded away all the kids and draft picks recently.

But Burks is a Thibs fav and should help and fit in nicely as the backup PG/ball handler and you can still keep Deuce in the rotation so that's good. Not a huge fan of Bogdanovic. He's old and doesn't play any defense and I predict will get the Fournier treatment after a few games.

Would have preferred Brogdon tbh.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/8/2024  12:08 PM
We just added two guys who will plug immediately into the rotation and add much needed floor spacing and scoring punch. Grimes was very inconsistent. Hope he gets a chance to thrive without all the pressure of the NY limelight.
firefly
United Kingdom
2/8/2024  12:08 PM
SupremeCommander wrote:To be clear, I freaking love this trade

An absolute HEIST brother!!

MS
Member: #724
2/8/2024  12:09 PM
Lowry next.
JesseDark
Member: #467
2/8/2024  12:09 PM
DLeethal wrote:

How about Kyle Lowery on the buy out? I like this idea cause if Jalen tweeks his ankle there is no one behind him that I trust running the offensse.

Bring back dee-fense
Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy