[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/13/2024  10:06 AM
Knixkik wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
gradyandrew wrote:Some of you guys are off your Rokas if you think a Euro can just step in and give the same steady production an NBA vet like Burks can. Burks can competently play 1-3 as a starter or off the bench and This trusts him. I think we definitely resign him, a useful player like him at a mid level salary is also useful for trade purposes. Knicks will have his bird rights so they can also target someone else with the mle if needed.

I don't think it's off. Burks value right now is coming to us as a decimated team. What's his role at full strength? It's a minimal one. I think the point is we can give Deuce more of a defined role next year instead of a utility 3rd stringer and add some younger able bodies around him. With Deuce, Hart, Precious, Mitch or iHart we have 4 very capable bench players already. We don't really need to sign a 33/34 year old to a legit contract to boot.

I think Burks value when this team is fully healthy is the backup to Brunson. Burks, Bogdanovic, hart and one of the centers is the bench rotation for a 9-man rotation. Deuce is back to his situational 10th man role. Burks is still too good to not help this team at least in the non-Brunson minutes. I know he’s no point guard but he’s a shot creator off the bench which is what is needed.

I think that's fine this year. Next year I think I want Deuce firmly planted in there and we can draft a kid who can get a bucket to play next to him.

AUTOADVERT
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/13/2024  10:06 AM
the more i read and see about Rokas i think ppl are sleeping on him. he could end up being a big piece for us down the road. His game seems to fit here, hustle, high IQ, attack the basket, and good shooting potential.

I feel like we're seeing skilled high IQ players dominate more and more as we saw with Sengun last night.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/13/2024  10:34 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/13/2024  10:34 AM
nycericanguy wrote:the more i read and see about Rokas i think ppl are sleeping on him. he could end up being a big piece for us down the road. His game seems to fit here, hustle, high IQ, attack the basket, and good shooting potential.

I feel like we're seeing skilled high IQ players dominate more and more as we saw with Sengun last night.

Insofar as I can tell, he plays a very similar style and role to Brunson, but with less talent and more of a PG combo guy instead of a pure combo guy like Brunson.

He should fit real well off bench. Really good spacer too

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/13/2024  11:11 AM
blkexec wrote:I don’t think we needed both Burks and Bogs. We only needed one gun slinger and one floor general. Burks is not the floor general we needed and Bogs is not a defender or playmaker.

Until our new guys get comfortable with the team, we will lose games we would’ve won if we never made any trades. Grimes right now would’ve impacted this team better than those guys. Hell EF is a better open shooter than Bogs right now, if Thibs played him. And both are defensive turn styles so that’s a wash.

I agree with most. When fully healthy we will see their impact. But I was thinking this trade supposed to help now while others are hurt and that’s not the case. We wouldn’t have lost 3 straight before the trade.

Let’s see how we look when Mitch is back after all star weekend.

Were missing Hartenstein badly.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
USA
2/13/2024  11:20 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:
blkexec wrote:I don’t think we needed both Burks and Bogs. We only needed one gun slinger and one floor general. Burks is not the floor general we needed and Bogs is not a defender or playmaker.

Until our new guys get comfortable with the team, we will lose games we would’ve won if we never made any trades. Grimes right now would’ve impacted this team better than those guys. Hell EF is a better open shooter than Bogs right now, if Thibs played him. And both are defensive turn styles so that’s a wash.

I agree with most. When fully healthy we will see their impact. But I was thinking this trade supposed to help now while others are hurt and that’s not the case. We wouldn’t have lost 3 straight before the trade.

Let’s see how we look when Mitch is back after all star weekend.

Were missing Hartenstein badly.

And Mitch

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/13/2024  11:22 AM
gradyandrew wrote:Some of you guys are off your Rokas if you think a Euro can just step in and give the same steady production an NBA vet like Burks can. Burks can competently play 1-3 as a starter or off the bench and This trusts him. I think we definitely resign him, a useful player like him at a mid level salary is also useful for trade purposes. Knicks will have his bird rights so they can also target someone else with the mle if needed.

To many variables in play which makes it not as simple as this statement.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/14/2024  3:43 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:

To many variables in play which makes it not as simple as this statement.

Burks is making me nervous. Picked up some bad habits in Detroit. Needs to tighten up his game a bit for NY. I think its hard to make a judgment with all the injuries, but I did miss Grimes' defense in the recent losses. I never was much of a Bojan fan, though his contract is similarly situated as Fournier's for a player that should be more useful based on positional need.

Really, I just want this team to be healthy. Not looking forward to the Magic game tonight. Will be happy to get the break to rest our guys.

This is the Randle.
jaydh
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #96
2/15/2024  6:15 AM
This trade is going to go down as a panic move that cost us Grimes.

I think everyone forgets how much they wanted Burks gone the 1st go round.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/15/2024  6:28 AM
jaydh wrote:This trade is going to go down as a panic move that cost us Grimes.

I think everyone forgets how much they wanted Burks gone the 1st go round.

Burks was an effective bench player who Thibs started longer than he should have. Once we get everyone back. Burks will be back to playing the role that suits him best.

He's a 40pct 3pt shooter and clutch. Two things Grimes wasnt. Its about contending while Brunson is playing at this level, and healthy.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/15/2024  7:01 AM
I’m sorry to see Grimes go, but we got value in return.

Until we get healthy these games are next to meaningless. Any wins at the moment are just a bonus.

DLeethal

2/15/2024  8:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/15/2024  8:02 AM
I'm worried about what I see so far with this trade. Burks looks completely washed, Bogs has some skills but big deficiencies in areas we rely upon heavily for success. We have had zero success incorporating anyone who isn't a high motor guy with defensive chops. I'm already looking forward to where these guys barely get mins when we are at full strength.

At full strength I think Burks should become situational and the bench should be Deuce - Hart - Bogs - Precious/Mitch. Run through Bogs in the half court. Burks is too loosey goosey and he's lost a lot in 2 years.

martin
USA
2/15/2024  8:15 AM
DLeethal wrote:I'm worried about what I see so far with this trade. Burks looks completely washed, Bogs has some skills but big deficiencies in areas we rely upon heavily for success. We have had zero success incorporating anyone who isn't a high motor guy with defensive chops. I'm already looking forward to where these guys barely get mins when we are at full strength.

At full strength I think Burks should become situational and the bench should be Deuce - Hart - Bogs - Precious/Mitch. Run through Bogs in the half court. Burks is too loosey goosey and he's lost a lot in 2 years.

One guy has played 2 games, the other 3. With up to 6 missing rotational guys, meaning Taj and some GLeague bros are sweating it up.

One may need some patience in this space. Just a little

DLeethal

2/15/2024  8:57 AM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:I'm worried about what I see so far with this trade. Burks looks completely washed, Bogs has some skills but big deficiencies in areas we rely upon heavily for success. We have had zero success incorporating anyone who isn't a high motor guy with defensive chops. I'm already looking forward to where these guys barely get mins when we are at full strength.

One guy has played 2 games, the other 3. With up to 6 missing rotational guys, meaning Taj and some GLeague bros are sweating it up.

Understood - but red flags are still there. Burks is at the age where most players start to get washed and his style is his style, doesn't seem to mesh well with a team that was playing some really crisp high IQ basketball. I am more confident we can make Bogs work, not really confident in the Burks backup PG experiment. I'd rather just let Deuce run wild on defense and let Bogs run half court offense.

martin
USA
2/15/2024  9:23 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Understood - but red flags are still there. Burks is at the age where most players start to get washed and his style is his style, doesn't seem to mesh well with a team that was playing some really crisp high IQ basketball. I am more confident we can make Bogs work, not really confident in the Burks backup PG experiment. I'd rather just let Deuce run wild on defense and let Bogs run half court offense.

Knicks running lineups with zero outside shooting outside of Burks, Brunson, McBride (and one or more is always sitting). Precious, Taj, Jericho, Hart, even iHart... not a ton of spacing.

They'll be fine. Although Burks has looked like ass IMO

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/15/2024  9:37 AM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Knicks running lineups with zero outside shooting outside of Burks, Brunson, McBride (and one or more is always sitting). Precious, Taj, Jericho, Hart, even iHart... not a ton of spacing.

Even if Burks is washed, his minutes will be limited when it matters. Hart and Bogs will receive the bulk of the backup minutes. And then the Knicks will just let him go this summer. Thibs likes him but he doesn’t have the same value to thibs like hart, DiVincenzo etc.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/15/2024  10:07 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Even if Burks is washed, his minutes will be limited when it matters. Hart and Bogs will receive the bulk of the backup minutes. And then the Knicks will just let him go this summer. Thibs likes him but he doesn’t have the same value to thibs like hart, DiVincenzo etc.

I have hope that this his trade will make sense when everyone is back healthy. Second go around I’m once again not a fan of PG Burks.

martin
USA
2/15/2024  10:48 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Feel like Knicks will offer Burks a 2 year deal. More so because they need the contract to trade later on or maybe the rotation player if they need to trade someone else away.

You know what you get in Burks. Not all pretty but very predictable. And at a fair price, he is ideal cause of what he can do in a pinch. Less than MLE money

DLeethal

2/15/2024  11:07 AM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

Feel like Knicks will offer Burks a 2 year deal. More so because they need the contract to trade later on or maybe the rotation player if they need to trade someone else away.

You know what you get in Burks. Not all pretty but very predictable. And at a fair price, he is ideal cause of what he can do in a pinch. Less than MLE money

Do you think they try to resign all the guys - iHart, OG, Precious, Burks?

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/15/2024  11:38 AM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

I know you weren't asking me, but my .02 is Burks is looking/playing like a vet minimum guy.

GustavBahler
Alba Posts: 15
Member: #3186

2/15/2024  12:58 PM
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

I know you weren't asking me, but my .02 is Burks is looking/playing like a vet minimum guy.

I'm confident Burks will look good as a backup in spot minutes, than as a starter. We've seen which role Burks plays best. Not a starter this time by design, so I'm not concerned this early.

Burks isnt moving like he's washed. Looks like he's getting used to playing for Thibs again. Shorter leash.

Alec Burks coming back, Bojan Bogdanovic too. Fournier, Grimes, Flynn, Archie out

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy