[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 2/6/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Grizzlies
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/6/2024  5:38 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  5:41 PM
martin wrote:OMG this is such a good find, thanks so much for this.

This is exactly why Thibs and Knicks FO give Randle so much slack for his imperfections.

It's so insightful IMHO thanks

DLeethal wrote:This clip from Theo Pinson's podcast with him and Elfrid Payton I thought was pretty dope. Just how locked in the 2021 Randle was, and how it took everyone by surprise.

Yea it's a pretty awesome, quick listen. Nice little window into Randle's breakout year and some of the "magic" from his MIP and Thibs COY season.

"…I remember…me & EP sat together on the plane…we look at him like…'MF takin over the league 🤣 This dude's nice bro.'

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/6/2024  5:39 PM
martin wrote:lol Knicks trying to compete with Grizz for most guys out

Taj sighting incoming

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2024  5:58 PM
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/6/2024  6:00 PM
I read that as “might as well give them both time off thru the all star break if they want it, gotta hunker down for the streetcar run”

martin
USA
2/6/2024  6:00 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  6:01 PM
Law firm of McDeuce and McDeuce

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/6/2024  6:01 PM
ToddTT wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Were you the guy with the mirror on his shoe at the Jr. High School dance?

Maybe. What kind of dress were you wearing?

I was a chaperone wearing a conservative mid length skirt and jacket combo. But you kids didn’t know I was tripping.
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
2/6/2024  6:10 PM
Maybe insanity is playing a team for 7 minutes without a single basket and expecting things to change? lol It couldn't have hurt to give him 5 minutes at some point in the game, that was my point, especially if Malachi could touch the floor. And if what they saw was as you suggested, he should have been sent back down to Westchester to work on his shortcomings, not sit on a bench and stay the same.

martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:
VDesai wrote:I think they ruled them out early, because why play them against Memphis who is down 13 players.

That said, we can't be playing Brunson 40 mins against Memphis which is down 13 players. So we better see a lot of Meth Curry / aka Evil Donte and if Fournier is not out for personal reasons, you might as well showcase him before the deadline.

So, he was killing the G-League, why pull Toppin from that team, then watch the Knicks not score for 7 minutes, lose a winnable game, let Evil Donte get burn in the 1st half, but Jacob can't sniff 5 to 10 minutes? He was the exact energy the team needed during those 7 minutes. A rim rocking dunk and/or big block would have pumped the crowd and backed the defense off JB a bit. Makes no damn sense.

EF is done, unless you commit to him, he is useless, can't play D and misses a lot. If you commit to him, he hits shots, but still has Prigioni defense.

We need Donte & Deuce to be on to beat tough defensive nights or more JB traps are coming. Outside shooting from Hart & Precious isn't a smart solution.

Maybe the Knicks coaches watch Jacob every minute of every practice and every game and know differently?

Could be that he is Linsanity too, so there is that.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  6:11 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  6:11 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
KnickDanger wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Were you the guy with the mirror on his shoe at the Jr. High School dance?

Maybe. What kind of dress were you wearing?

I was a chaperone wearing a conservative mid length skirt and jacket combo. But you kids didn’t know I was tripping.

Scottish gentleman style or late stage Bruce Jenner style?

martin
USA
2/6/2024  6:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  6:14 PM
Could be. Could be working too. Like 15-3 working since Jan 1 working?

Sign me up for that insanity

NYStateOfMind wrote:Maybe insanity is playing a team for 7 minutes without a single basket and expecting things to change? lol It couldn't have hurt to give him 5 minutes at some point in the game, that was my point, especially if Malachi could touch the floor. And if what they saw was as you suggested, he should have been sent back down to Westchester to work on his shortcomings, not sit on a bench and stay the same.

martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:
VDesai wrote:I think they ruled them out early, because why play them against Memphis who is down 13 players.

That said, we can't be playing Brunson 40 mins against Memphis which is down 13 players. So we better see a lot of Meth Curry / aka Evil Donte and if Fournier is not out for personal reasons, you might as well showcase him before the deadline.

So, he was killing the G-League, why pull Toppin from that team, then watch the Knicks not score for 7 minutes, lose a winnable game, let Evil Donte get burn in the 1st half, but Jacob can't sniff 5 to 10 minutes? He was the exact energy the team needed during those 7 minutes. A rim rocking dunk and/or big block would have pumped the crowd and backed the defense off JB a bit. Makes no damn sense.

EF is done, unless you commit to him, he is useless, can't play D and misses a lot. If you commit to him, he hits shots, but still has Prigioni defense.

We need Donte & Deuce to be on to beat tough defensive nights or more JB traps are coming. Outside shooting from Hart & Precious isn't a smart solution.

Maybe the Knicks coaches watch Jacob every minute of every practice and every game and know differently?

NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
2/6/2024  6:27 PM
You are talking a stretch of games, I'm addressing the Lakers game, being short handed, and still sitting a player who could have added a spark on one or both ends. The game was lost during those 7 minutes, all Jacob could have done was make it worse, but that is EF's job. I love this team and the 2024 stretch, but hate losing winnable games, especially to the clown Lakers. Do I expect to win all games, NO. But, when a team smacks you in the mouth, you adjust, we didn't and lost. People won't feel so great if the same happens tonight, it better not, even down Sims now. Double digit win should be a given.

Knowing Sims is out, and I think he isn't much special other than a block here and there, his offense has disappeared with oops. Is Taj the next man up? Jacob? EF? Or is it more minutes for the Malachi show, lol?

martin wrote:Could be. Could be working too. Like 15-3 working since Jan 1 working?

Sign me up for that insanity

NYStateOfMind wrote:Maybe insanity is playing a team for 7 minutes without a single basket and expecting things to change? lol It couldn't have hurt to give him 5 minutes at some point in the game, that was my point, especially if Malachi could touch the floor. And if what they saw was as you suggested, he should have been sent back down to Westchester to work on his shortcomings, not sit on a bench and stay the same.

martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:

martin
USA
2/6/2024  6:35 PM
Oh they just saving Jacob for dunk contest

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/6/2024  6:39 PM
ToddTT
2/6/2024  6:39 PM
ToddTT
2/6/2024  6:40 PM
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/6/2024  6:50 PM
KnickDanger wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:Ok, the one game we can't complain about injuries...

Ha ha yeah right.

Whoops, fixed! Of course I'm not fully giving up my most important right as a Knicks fan!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/6/2024  6:51 PM
martin wrote:Probably

Pretty sure that's just his resting face.

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/6/2024  6:56 PM
martin wrote:One of the reasons I think the Knicks FO and coaching staff give Randle a HUGE leeway avenue to work in and manage him with kids gloves compared to others in a hands-off approach even if he ****ing everything up on the court and why they put up with his emotional, off-meds moments.... cause Randle is a work out freak that sets the tone off the court, in practice, in the gym with this work ethic (and I'm completely guessing on this but just hear what IQ said on his way to Toronto).

Randle snaps off 40 minute back-to-back games for weeks on end and doesn't even break a sweat although his panties will get tied up for a couple of moments in those games so let him have his moments.

These type athletes are very rare and if they setting a good tone for your team off court, you let them do whatever but also try do the things to help get them right in the long term.

Clearly Julius brings us great physicality and rarely tires when healthy — at the same time for a great workout warrior he rarely gives full effort defensively. Watching Precious defend the past few games you can see what effort and discipline are all about — things Julius rarely provides on 1 end of the court.

I didn’t mean to knock Randle here but guess I did —- I was going to comment on J Hart who seemingly bitched about not getting enough burn and/or a big enough role but as soon as he got it he seemingly can’t handle it or makes comments about not being able to handle 40 mins.

I guess I was going to agree with you in Randle Martin but with the caveat that his defensive effort is lacking (almost always).

LivingLegend

2/6/2024  6:57 PM
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:One of the reasons I think the Knicks FO and coaching staff give Randle a HUGE leeway avenue to work in and manage him with kids gloves compared to others in a hands-off approach even if he ****ing everything up on the court and why they put up with his emotional, off-meds moments.... cause Randle is a work out freak that sets the tone off the court, in practice, in the gym with this work ethic (and I'm completely guessing on this but just hear what IQ said on his way to Toronto).

Randle snaps off 40 minute back-to-back games for weeks on end and doesn't even break a sweat although his panties will get tied up for a couple of moments in those games so let him have his moments.

These type athletes are very rare and if they setting a good tone for your team off court, you let them do whatever but also try do the things to help get them right in the long term.

Yeah, but Randle rests on the defensive end so he is really only playing 20 min a game

My point exactly.

LivingLegend

2/6/2024  6:57 PM
DLeethal wrote:Hart needs to chill out though. Dude was complaining last month about a diminished role and not getting enough mins. He's trying to find a scapegoat for his shooting slump.

+1

LivingLegend

2/6/2024  6:59 PM
martin wrote:OMG this is such a good find, thanks so much for this.

This is exactly why Thibs and Knicks FO give Randle so much slack for his imperfections.

It's so insightful IMHO thanks

DLeethal wrote:This clip from Theo Pinson's podcast with him and Elfrid Payton I thought was pretty dope. Just how locked in the 2021 Randle was, and how it took everyone by surprise.

Maybe less working on his body and more work on D or maybe do some drills on moving his feet defensively (those do exist).

[Game Thread 2/6/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Grizzlies

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy