Member: #333
USA
2/6/2024  9:06 AM

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/6/2024  9:10 AM
Damn, ruling these guys out so early not a good feeling.
VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/6/2024  9:32 AM
I think they ruled them out early, because why play them against Memphis who is down 13 players.

That said, we can't be playing Brunson 40 mins against Memphis which is down 13 players. So we better see a lot of Meth Curry / aka Evil Donte and if Fournier is not out for personal reasons, you might as well showcase him before the deadline.

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/6/2024  9:40 AM
VDesai wrote:I think they ruled them out early, because why play them against Memphis who is down 13 players.

That said, we can't be playing Brunson 40 mins against Memphis which is down 13 players. So we better see a lot of Meth Curry / aka Evil Donte and if Fournier is not out for personal reasons, you might as well showcase him before the deadline.

yea, I also don't think they are gung-ho on trying to compete with CLE for the 2 seed or even the 3 seed either. If you look at the standings, anything 3-5 is a good spot for the Knicks. I don't think matching up with Miami or Orlando in the first round by snagging the 2 seed is really a great spot to land. I think as long as they are in a comfortable spot in that 3-5 range they aren't gonna rush anyone back.

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

2/6/2024  10:44 AM
Play Jacob Toppin and rest Brunson.
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
2/6/2024  10:48 AM
VDesai wrote:I think they ruled them out early, because why play them against Memphis who is down 13 players.

So, he was killing the G-League, why pull Toppin from that team, then watch the Knicks not score for 7 minutes, lose a winnable game, let Evil Donte get burn in the 1st half, but Jacob can't sniff 5 to 10 minutes? He was the exact energy the team needed during those 7 minutes. A rim rocking dunk and/or big block would have pumped the crowd and backed the defense off JB a bit. Makes no damn sense.

EF is done, unless you commit to him, he is useless, can't play D and misses a lot. If you commit to him, he hits shots, but still has Prigioni defense.

We need Donte & Deuce to be on to beat tough defensive nights or more JB traps are coming. Outside shooting from Hart & Precious isn't a smart solution.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2024  11:20 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  11:21 AM
NYStateOfMind wrote:

So, he was killing the G-League, why pull Toppin from that team, then watch the Knicks not score for 7 minutes, lose a winnable game, let Evil Donte get burn in the 1st half, but Jacob can't sniff 5 to 10 minutes? He was the exact energy the team needed during those 7 minutes. A rim rocking dunk and/or big block would have pumped the crowd and backed the defense off JB a bit. Makes no damn sense.

EF is done, unless you commit to him, he is useless, can't play D and misses a lot. If you commit to him, he hits shots, but still has Prigioni defense.

We need Donte & Deuce to be on to beat tough defensive nights or more JB traps are coming. Outside shooting from Hart & Precious isn't a smart solution.

Maybe the Knicks coaches watch Jacob every minute of every practice and every game and know differently?

Could be that he is Linsanity too, so there is that.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/6/2024  11:28 AM
I am going to throw one thing out there re Jacob: Are the Knicks doing development with certain players?

Do Knicks fans really care about development or are they really only win-only fans ala a win-only coach?

martin
USA
2/6/2024  11:53 AM
martin wrote:I am going to throw one thing out there re Jacob: Are the Knicks doing development with certain players?

Do Knicks fans really care about development or are they really only win-only fans ala a win-only coach?

Not for nothing, but this is why I think Thibs was running the same 5 plays/sets or whatnot for like the first 2+ seasons. Cause his team was both trying to win and develop the young guys at the same time. Holding some accountable in a different way than others, cause you have to (akin to not treating your 5yo the same way you interact and discipline your teenage kid).

Steve Clifford discussing talent development in the NBA

"You know how many guys there are in our league that can average 15 or 16 (points) and are no good? Their team never wins when they're out there."

"Because they score 15 or 16 they stick around for five years and people say 'Wow, he must screw everything up as everywhere he goes when he's on the floor they loose'.

"It happens all the time, that's why learning at a young age the coverage is the coverage, the set is the set, the after timeout play is the after timeout play. Knowing what a great shot is is everything in this league."

fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
2/6/2024  12:49 PM
Im waiting for Josh to bounce back on offense and start trending towards his career averages and this **** he's shooting now (love Josh btw... he's gotta play better and get us a few buckets, especially when half the team is out)
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
martin
USA
2/6/2024  12:53 PM
fishmike wrote:Im waiting for Josh to bounce back on offense and start trending towards his career averages and this **** he's shooting now (love Josh btw... he's gotta play better and get us a few buckets, especially when half the team is out)

Wondering how bad his knee is and if that is effecting game

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/6/2024  1:01 PM
martin wrote:
fishmike wrote:Im waiting for Josh to bounce back on offense and start trending towards his career averages and this **** he's shooting now (love Josh btw... he's gotta play better and get us a few buckets, especially when half the team is out)

Wondering how bad his knee is and if that is effecting game

I'm pretty confident the entire team is banged up and they just don't complain about it. Big picture - we lost 1 game we maybe should have won against the Lakers - 2 games in what, 19?. It's not really time to bitch about one loss when we've gone 17-2 since the new year.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  1:02 PM
Pretty please

Rookie

2/6/2024  1:07 PM
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:

Maybe the Knicks coaches watch Jacob every minute of every practice and every game and know differently?

I'm pretty sure it's 'when' and not 'if' with Jacob. The kid is going to be an NBA player. I just don't know what his ceiling is. Definitely trending towards a bench rotation player at this point in his career. He is a dog with a nose for the ball and being in the right spot.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  1:10 PM
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's 'when' and not 'if' with Jacob. The kid is going to be an NBA player. I just don't know what his ceiling is. Definitely trending towards a bench rotation player at this point in his career. He is a dog with a nose for the ball and being in the right spot.

Is he a big wing or PF or SF? I haven't watched him much. I thought he had PF height but just like bro lacked strength at next level. Defense good?

Also, could you help me get a feel for his shooting? Legit NBA or just McBride GLeague level circa 2022?

I think he could be a good 14th guy but really have zero clue on him. He looks bouncy though ala Obi, just don't know if that translates to NBA. Yet.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  1:22 PM
EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/6/2024  2:12 PM
I'd just sit JB tonight. See if Duece can get it done
Rookie

2/6/2024  2:32 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  2:46 PM
martin wrote:
Rookie wrote:
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:

Is he a big wing or PF or SF? I haven't watched him much. I thought he had PF height but just like bro lacked strength at next level. Defense good?

Also, could you help me get a feel for his shooting? Legit NBA or just McBride GLeague level circa 2022?

I think he could be a good 14th guy but really have zero clue on him. He looks bouncy though ala Obi, just don't know if that translates to NBA. Yet.

6'8" wing with excellent defensive instincts. He needs to become a better offensive player which I think is what he is working on in the G League. He will bang and crash the boards like a demon unlike his brother even though he is 200lbs. Has excellent athleticism. 6'11" wingspan and 45" vertical

Forgot to mention - 100% effort guy with a great motor.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  2:34 PM
One of the reasons I think the Knicks FO and coaching staff give Randle a HUGE leeway avenue to work in and manage him with kids gloves compared to others in a hands-off approach even if he ****ing everything up on the court and why they put up with his emotional, off-meds moments.... cause Randle is a work out freak that sets the tone off the court, in practice, in the gym with this work ethic (and I'm completely guessing on this but just hear what IQ said on his way to Toronto).

Randle snaps off 40 minute back-to-back games for weeks on end and doesn't even break a sweat although his panties will get tied up for a couple of moments in those games so let him have his moments.

These type athletes are very rare and if they setting a good tone for your team off court, you let them do whatever but also try do the things to help get them right in the long term.

Rookie

2/6/2024  2:49 PM
martin wrote:One of the reasons I think the Knicks FO and coaching staff give Randle a HUGE leeway avenue to work in and manage him with kids gloves compared to others in a hands-off approach even if he ****ing everything up on the court and why they put up with his emotional, off-meds moments.... cause Randle is a work out freak that sets the tone off the court, in practice, in the gym with this work ethic (and I'm completely guessing on this but just hear what IQ said on his way to Toronto).

Randle snaps off 40 minute back-to-back games for weeks on end and doesn't even break a sweat although his panties will get tied up for a couple of moments in those games so let him have his moments.

These type athletes are very rare and if they setting a good tone for your team off court, you let them do whatever but also try do the things to help get them right in the long term.

Yeah, but Randle rests on the defensive end so he is really only playing 20 min a game

[Game Thread 2/6/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Grizzlies

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy