[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Who would COST the least assets?

Author Poll
NYStateOfMind
Member: #5741
USA
Also, if you can elaborate, is it the best move for this team or just the least assets of these 3 options? After some responses, I'll give my take. Thanks for playing.
Dejounte Murray
Miles Bridges
Collin Sexton
View Results

Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/6/2024  12:15 AM
I think you could Bridges for little. But, I think he might also have the least impact of the three guys mentioned.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
ESOMKnicks
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #6064

2/6/2024  5:31 AM
I think the question should have been posted differently: who do you think offers the best cost-benefit ratio for the Knicks to acquire right now.

I don't care how much assets the Knicks would need to give up for Sexton. I don't think he is a player they need. On the other hand, if DJM would really come at the cost of Grimes+Fournier+2 first rounders, it is a good deal that addresses a team need and makes it a legit contender.

Miles I am concerned about because of team chemistry. Not just because of his off-court troubles, but because he is a legitimate starting-caliber player, and forcing him to a bench role could become problematic down the line. Otherwise, from a purely basketball perspective he is a solid player that can help you in many different ways.

NYStateOfMind
USA
2/6/2024  10:21 AM
I think Sexton costs the least for assets, unless DA is being ridiculous as he usually is. Miles & Dejounte expect to be starters, I think Collin would take the 2nd squad usage easier. I don't like his antics that last game, but his recent stats show he could be that spark off the bench. Miles has baggage, DJM probably wants Klutch & Lebron. We can't mess with the first unit chemistry, just need them to heal up.

Speaking of wanting to be here, you have Brown & Clarkson. I love they openly expressed their desire to join what the Knicks have built, but though I think Brown would be a nice piece, he adds depth but nothing new other than some chip experience. Clarkson is just not playing well enough this year, maybe a change of scenery changes that, but NY isn't a great place to struggle. Brogdon seems the best reasonable piece that improves depth and adds talent this team is missing in the 2nd unit.

Of course, this priority need could change if the Knicks are holding back info on the severity of Randle's injury. I hope that isn't the case.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2024  10:26 AM
Miles definitely cost you the most in baggage and fan hate
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
NYStateOfMind
USA
2/6/2024  10:36 AM
Hard to word a poll perfectly, that is why I asked for elaboration on their selections. DJM might cost the most, but might also be the best fit and long-term value for the future, be it staying a Knick or as a trade chip. But, I understand what you mean.

I think the Knicks are waiting to see if they can get DJM for Grimes, EF, 1st & 2nd pick. I wouldn't want to lose him because we didn't give that 2nd 1st rounder. But, we also don't know if he would accept running the 2nd unit the remainder of this season. If we did get him and he wants to be part of the team long-term, then he can be moved to the starting unit next year or if injury requires it.

Like others, we have so few trading chips right now, I don't want to move Grimes just for a depth piece that is redundant. Depth is nice, but I want an upgrade to move him with a 1st, EF contract is just a necessary evil to match salary. Burkes, Brown, no to Grimes inclusion, DJM, Brogdon, yes. Or just wait for buyout options if the right deal doesn't show itself.

Also, though I didn't like his antics, Sexton has been playing well in January and I recall having other in your face players, Sprewell & Starks, those moves worked out well for the Knicks. Doesn't hurt having another dog, just needs to be trained, lol.

2 more days! Get Jalen help until OG, Mitch, & Randle return. Then it is game on.

ESOMKnicks wrote:I think the question should have been posted differently: who do you think offers the best cost-benefit ratio for the Knicks to acquire right now.

I don't care how much assets the Knicks would need to give up for Sexton. I don't think he is a player they need. On the other hand, if DJM would really come at the cost of Grimes+Fournier+2 first rounders, it is a good deal that addresses a team need and makes it a legit contender.

Miles I am concerned about because of team chemistry. Not just because of his off-court troubles, but because he is a legitimate starting-caliber player, and forcing him to a bench role could become problematic down the line. Otherwise, from a purely basketball perspective he is a solid player that can help you in many different ways.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/6/2024  10:53 AM
Miles Bridges is the least assets but still a hard pass for me. Sorry, but I don’t think I can get over his off court issues.

Murray is my choice for “net assets” meaning I think the cost versus the return would be the highest.

Sexton isn’t for me. High cost, low efficiency in my opinion. But I could be wrong on him. I’m not firm in this opinion.

This is the Randle.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/6/2024  11:35 AM
The way I think about this is- what or who is the best player we can get for Fournier & Draft Picks?
BigDaddyG

2/6/2024  12:31 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:Miles Bridges is the least assets but still a hard pass for me. Sorry, but I don’t think I can get over his off court issues.

Murray is my choice for “net assets” meaning I think the cost versus the return would be the highest.

Sexton isn’t for me. High cost, low efficiency in my opinion. But I could be wrong on him. I’m not firm in this opinion.

Sexton has picked his TS% to 61% and he's shooting 38% from three now. He had a bad start but picked it up. The contract is a plus if the team wants salary to flip down the line. But Ainge ain't giving him away for cheap if his demands for Clarkson are an indication.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/6/2024  12:41 PM
NYStateOfMind wrote:Hard to word a poll perfectly, that is why I asked for elaboration on their selections. DJM might cost the most, but might also be the best fit and long-term value for the future, be it staying a Knick or as a trade chip. But, I understand what you mean.

I think the Knicks are waiting to see if they can get DJM for Grimes, EF, 1st & 2nd pick. I wouldn't want to lose him because we didn't give that 2nd 1st rounder. But, we also don't know if he would accept running the 2nd unit the remainder of this season. If we did get him and he wants to be part of the team long-term, then he can be moved to the starting unit next year or if injury requires it.

Like others, we have so few trading chips right now, I don't want to move Grimes just for a depth piece that is redundant. Depth is nice, but I want an upgrade to move him with a 1st, EF contract is just a necessary evil to match salary. Burkes, Brown, no to Grimes inclusion, DJM, Brogdon, yes. Or just wait for buyout options if the right deal doesn't show itself.

Also, though I didn't like his antics, Sexton has been playing well in January and I recall having other in your face players, Sprewell & Starks, those moves worked out well for the Knicks. Doesn't hurt having another dog, just needs to be trained, lol.

2 more days! Get Jalen help until OG, Mitch, & Randle return. Then it is game on.

ESOMKnicks wrote:I think the question should have been posted differently: who do you think offers the best cost-benefit ratio for the Knicks to acquire right now.

Agreed with what you are saying. Take it 1+ steps further cause I think that is where the actual end game is for the Knicks. I could be wrong, so paint another picture for me if one is out there.

1) They want to upgrade this season by using Fournier and some other assets for the playoff run

2) They don't want to put themselves into a position of losing valuable assets in this year's trade for a trade they need down the line, ie, the player/assets they get in return have to fit this year and (if they are NOT an absolute permanent, snug fit) they need to be able to move them again this summer or down the line. An example of this would be trading for Bruce Brown (and whatever picks) and have him somehow leave during the summer (yeah yeah I know they hold a team option, but is that the best they can do... having an overpaid player on a $20M contract versus something better). That is a situation they need to avoid or at least mitigate and, in fact, enhance the value of the incoming traded player, ie. they can't have a Fournier bench warmer type, cause value of Brown or other players gets tanked.

3) AND, if they do a trade this season, they need to make sure the player return is at least as valuable/moveable as Fournier and whatever else they give up. Both asset wise and team fit wise. ie, how does today's trade impact their desire to get the next player in Mikal, Donovan, etc. If they trade for Dejounte Murray today, how will they use him to flip to Cleveland, Brooklyn or whomever down the line. Another example, if they KNOW other teams want a Grimes type down the line (in step #3), they will not trade Grimes today (in step #2).

4) ???

5) Profit!!

martin
USA
2/6/2024  2:58 PM
Holding on to Grimes for the big trade I guess. That's how I'm reading this.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  3:18 PM
Reasonable take

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/6/2024  3:37 PM

I'd rather search by Relevance or Customer Review.

No to Bridges or Sexton.

BigDaddyG

2/6/2024  4:11 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:

No to Bridges or Sexton.

If that's the case, you mind as well cross Murray off the list as well. There's no perfect piece out there right now. The Knicks were fortunate to nab the one that was already out there.
NYStateOfMind
USA
2/6/2024  5:41 PM
martin wrote:
NYStateOfMind wrote:Hard to word a poll perfectly, that is why I asked for elaboration on their selections. DJM might cost the most, but might also be the best fit and long-term value for the future, be it staying a Knick or as a trade chip. But, I understand what you mean.

Agreed with what you are saying. Take it 1+ steps further cause I think that is where the actual end game is for the Knicks. I could be wrong, so paint another picture for me if one is out there.

1) They want to upgrade this season by using Fournier and some other assets for the playoff run

2) They don't want to put themselves into a position of losing valuable assets in this year's trade for a trade they need down the line, ie, the player/assets they get in return have to fit this year and (if they are NOT an absolute permanent, snug fit) they need to be able to move them again this summer or down the line. An example of this would be trading for Bruce Brown (and whatever picks) and have him somehow leave during the summer (yeah yeah I know they hold a team option, but is that the best they can do... having an overpaid player on a $20M contract versus something better). That is a situation they need to avoid or at least mitigate and, in fact, enhance the value of the incoming traded player, ie. they can't have a Fournier bench warmer type, cause value of Brown or other players gets tanked.

3) AND, if they do a trade this season, they need to make sure the player return is at least as valuable/moveable as Fournier and whatever else they give up. Both asset wise and team fit wise. ie, how does today's trade impact their desire to get the next player in Mikal, Donovan, etc. If they trade for Dejounte Murray today, how will they use him to flip to Cleveland, Brooklyn or whomever down the line. Another example, if they KNOW other teams want a Grimes type down the line (in step #3), they will not trade Grimes today (in step #2).

4) ???

5) Profit!!

Step 4 is collect the underwear, then ???, and finally the profit.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/7/2024  5:53 AM

and

The role I see for DJM is that of a starter on a three-guard rotation of Brunson, DJM and DDV, with some situational MMB or Hart. That way there is always a ball-handler on the floor, sometimes two. As long as DJM is in the starting lineup and getting decent minutes, why would he be unhappy?

Spree was a superstar on the offense and a defensive stopper. Starks also had an all-star appearance, plus a ton of intangibles and good defense. I do not see Sexton as comparable to those two. Miles Bridges is more like a Spree-type move: a very talented player with serious baggage. The problem is, just like with Spree, even if you solve for the off-court problems and the player performs great on the court, you may be creating a structural flaw, like we have ended up with the Allan-Latrell pairing.

HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/7/2024  7:37 AM
BigDaddyG wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

No to Bridges or Sexton.

If that's the case, you mind as well cross Murray off the list as well. There's no perfect piece out there right now. The Knicks were fortunate to nab the one that was already out there.

The answer to thread would be Bridges. But NO ONE is taking that PR suicide pull.

Think there is no perfect pill. Knicks need DM at the 2. Cavs are compressor a chip and no way they give him up now.

Feel that is why the FO will not make a trade that does not make sense
Murray kinda makes the most sense. Did not like his fit initially. He likes the ball in his hand and feel he will be at his best in a team that needs a lead PG. We don't. He is also not the high percentage 3 pt. shooter needed on any top team. He would however be a secondary penetrator and play creator. Which we need.

The goal, imo, is to address immediate need. Which is off the bench creation and scoring. Felt Clarkson would be ideal but Ainge is an *******. Asshole meaning a tough negotiator that also hates the Knicks. I only look for EF to be traded. And that's if they get a decent piece that is not redundant (Brown) or has decent value. Or else, they may renew him this summer and add him to Grimes to revisit a bigger trade. If that happens, look for them to get someone off waivers or buyout.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
HofstraBBall

2/7/2024  7:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2024  7:41 AM
martin wrote:Miles definitely cost you the most in baggage and fan hate

What if the trade included Randle?

A good question is how long is the wash cycle for Miles?
Good player, ****ty act.
This is the NBA.
I see everything forgotten in 2 years. With the right PR and good play.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
NYStateOfMind
USA
2/7/2024  9:38 AM
Good points by all. Spree was hated but now is beloved in NY. With this team chemistry, unless he is good friends with Knicks players, I would not touch Miles despite his talent, but do we want to see him go to a rival? I worry more about team chemistry than PR. Spree overcame negative press by fitting in, playing tough NY style winning b-ball. Seems ATL wants too much, rightly so for DJ. Cavs are cooking, maybe even better given the Knicks Health, so more sustainable, so DM is not being moved.

I would not mind Sexton, as stated by me and another, his numbers have been very good since the OG trade. Seems like the type to butthead Reggie Miller or MJ, haha. But, the simple move is Brogdon and add a waived playoff experienced performer. Lowry type if we go big instead of Brogdon. Hayward if we go with Brogdon.

I would love Tyus plus a spark-plug scorer, get guys healthy, and run the concrete jungle show. Even in our best projections, no one expected 16-3 in 2024. I did expect around 52 wins preseason after getting Devo and only injuries could stop that. Lets go Knicks!

BigDaddyG

2/7/2024  4:32 PM
Just throwing this out there.

HofstraBBall

2/8/2024  7:05 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
martin wrote:Miles definitely cost you the most in baggage and fan hate

What if the trade included Randle?

A good question is how long is the wash cycle for Miles?
Good player, ****ty act.
This is the NBA.
I see everything forgotten in 2 years. With the right PR and good play.

Maybe 2 games?

Who would COST the least assets?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy