[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Cleveland’s Remaining Schedule Is So Easy
Author Thread
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/5/2024  10:08 PM
They should be a lock to hang onto the 2nd seed for the playoffs.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2024  10:10 PM
They playing so well
Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/5/2024  11:45 PM
martin wrote:They playing so well

We play them March 3rd. I’m looking forward to that game.

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/6/2024  9:04 AM
Honestly watching them and the Knicks and even Miami last year goes to show what wins in this current NBA. You need 3&D forwards - a bunch of them. You need bigs who can rebound and defend. You have all these offensive powerhouse teams and they don't win games quite like the defensive teams with half the talent do.
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/6/2024  9:06 AM
There is a reason Miami got better last playoff run without Herro, why CLE got better without Garland, and also why we got better without RJ. The more you can play more 3&D wings the better, as long as you have at least one playmaking star.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/6/2024  9:16 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  9:17 AM
DLeethal wrote:There is a reason Miami got better last playoff run without Herro, why CLE got better without Garland, and also why we got better without RJ. The more you can play more 3&D wings the better, as long as you have at least one playmaking star.

Sometimes it’s not about stacking scorers. It’s about having the right couple of stars who are healthy for playoffs and having the right role players around them. We need to get Randle healthy for playoffs. And we need one more elite role player. I agree though having the 3&D is so critical. And I do see Brunson as a butler type whose impact is far greater than meets the eye.

Swishfm3
Member: #392
2/6/2024  9:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  1:44 PM

I watched last night game against Sac and was reminded on how good Mitchell is. He had a terrible playoffs against us last year but dude is a top tier player.

....and Jarrett Allen has found his grove again. Beginning to think the pundits may be right in that he and Mobley may not be a good together.

knickslions
Alba Posts: 25
Member: #138
2/6/2024  10:19 AM
Rookie wrote:

We play them March 3rd. I’m looking forward to that game.

I’ll be there. Looking forward to it

martin
USA
2/6/2024  10:25 AM
Given how well Mitchell has done at the SG position (and that's debatable as to how much he was actually played PG with Garland out?) on a team that has been decimated by injuries, does this make Donovan the best possible upgrade who is at least vaguely attainable under the right conditions, ie. he asks out behind the Cleveland scenes?

This guy mimicking Brunson so much. They gotta team up and be Wonder Twins and active a championship run for the Knicks

Knixkik
USA
2/6/2024  10:41 AM
martin wrote:Given how well Mitchell has done at the SG position (and that's debatable as to how much he was actually played PG with Garland out?) on a team that has been decimated by injuries, does this make Donovan the best possible upgrade who is at least vaguely attainable under the right conditions, ie. he asks out behind the Cleveland scenes?

This guy mimicking Brunson so much. They gotta team up and be Wonder Twins and active a championship run for the Knicks

He’s probably the best realistic target out there. I still believe OG changed everything because of his size and defensive gravity to make up for a small backcourt. Brunson and Mitchell do overlap but I think it’s still worth it.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  11:17 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:Given how well Mitchell has done at the SG position (and that's debatable as to how much he was actually played PG with Garland out?) on a team that has been decimated by injuries, does this make Donovan the best possible upgrade who is at least vaguely attainable under the right conditions, ie. he asks out behind the Cleveland scenes?

He’s probably the best realistic target out there. I still believe OG changed everything because of his size and defensive gravity to make up for a small backcourt. Brunson and Mitchell do overlap but I think it’s still worth it.

I agree. But would also say they overlap in a way that is beneficial, not in a way like RJ Randle Brunson all needed the ball in hands to be effective and so that was a more detrimental situation for all.

With Brunson and Donovan, you have one of those creators, ball handlers on the floor at all times, they both can also play off ball. They BOTH can be an 1A guy in any given game. They both can be closers at any given time. They both can break down pretty much any defense at any given time.

I LOVE the story line and better fit at the SG position that Mikal brings to the table. But I think Donovan is the better higher ceiling player for the Knicks in a championship run.

Knixkik
USA
2/6/2024  12:29 PM
martin wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

I agree. But would also say they overlap in a way that is beneficial, not in a way like RJ Randle Brunson all needed the ball in hands to be effective and so that was a more detrimental situation for all.

With Brunson and Donovan, you have one of those creators, ball handlers on the floor at all times, they both can also play off ball. They BOTH can be an 1A guy in any given game. They both can be closers at any given time. They both can break down pretty much any defense at any given time.

I LOVE the story line and better fit at the SG position that Mikal brings to the table. But I think Donovan is the better higher ceiling player for the Knicks in a championship run.

Completely agree.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/6/2024  12:41 PM
DLeethal wrote:There is a reason Miami got better last playoff run without Herro, why CLE got better without Garland, and also why we got better without RJ. The more you can play more 3&D wings the better, as long as you have at least one playmaking star.

I think this is overly simplistic. I want to agree because it aligns with what’s I value in basketball

All that said LAC and PHX beg to differ with you and I’m pretty sure they’ll smoke any defense first team in the playoffs, considering the rule book prioritizes offense

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Cleveland’s Remaining Schedule Is So Easy

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy