[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How do you think LeBron, NBA, and the whole basketball enchilada loving eaters are going to handle the upcoming Bronny situation?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2024  4:21 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2024  4:22 PM
Panos wrote:Question: if you're Bronny, do you want to play on a team with your dad?
A dad, by the way, who is a spotlight whore?

They are father and son. I don't know what type of question this is.

This is like the ultimate gift for a family.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/5/2024  5:11 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:Question: if you're Bronny, do you want to play on a team with your dad?

The question relates to most children, esp teenagers/20's, not wanting to live in the shadow of their parents. Sure, Lebron would want it.

martin
USA
2/5/2024  5:27 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

The question relates to most children, esp teenagers/20's, not wanting to live in the shadow of their parents. Sure, Lebron would want it.

Everyone on the planet is literally living in the shadow of Lebron on the baseball court and yet most all still would die to play with him, cause NBA pros idolize him.

Maybe some people had ****ty fathers, but maybe also they didn’t. And maybe some people in this world have daddy issues and should figure that out and stay away from their dad’s.

Meanwhile, Lebron let us know he was going to skip an NBA game if it fell on the same day as his son’s first collegiate game cause it was that important to him and his son.

Panos, you have quite the one sided, predetermined outlook of this situation.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/5/2024  5:52 PM

Like thats a bad thing?

martin
USA
2/5/2024  8:14 PM
Hahahahaha just saw this

Panos
2/5/2024  8:42 PM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

Everyone on the planet is literally living in the shadow of Lebron on the baseball court and yet most all still would die to play with him, cause NBA pros idolize him.

Maybe some people had ****ty fathers, but maybe also they didnt. And maybe some people in this world have daddy issues and should figure that out and stay away from their dad;s.

Meanwhile, Lebron let us know he was going to skip an NBA game if it fell on the same day as his son;s first collegiate game cause it was that important to him and his son.

One sided predetermined? I asked a question raising an issue/possibility that wasn't previously mentioned. Are you saying that there isn't a reasonable chance that the kid wants to earn his own way in this world and not just always be "Lebrons son", as impossible as that is at this point?

martin
USA
2/5/2024  8:49 PM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

Maybe some people had ****ty fathers, but maybe also they didnt. And maybe some people in this world have daddy issues and should figure that out and stay away from their dad;s.

Meanwhile, Lebron let us know he was going to skip an NBA game if it fell on the same day as his son;s first collegiate game cause it was that important to him and his son.

One sided predetermined? I asked a question raising an issue/possibility that wasn't previously mentioned. Are you saying that there isn't a reasonable chance that the kid wants to earn his own way in this world and not just always be "Lebrons son", as impossible as that is at this point?

No what I’m saying is that this is a largely a dumb topic to even want to discuss.

But maybe you have some unique experience or perspective to bring to the table on this so have at it.

EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/5/2024  10:14 PM
More daddy issues in this thread than a strip club. How many kids go to work with their family?
This is the Randle.
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/5/2024  11:11 PM
I haven’t seen the kid play but why would he enter the draft to be the 15th man on some nba team when he could be playing in college and having a ball for years. The kid should definitely stay in school, keep working and have some fun. Tag along on Daddy’s farewell tour….nah.
gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/6/2024  5:07 AM
Rookie wrote:I haven’t seen the kid play but why would he enter the draft to be the 15th man on some nba team when he could be playing in college and having a ball for years. The kid should definitely stay in school, keep working and have some fun. Tag along on Daddy’s farewell tour….nah.

Because LeBron knows he doesn't have too many seasons left.

Martin, I think the key point is whatever team drafts Bronny owns his rights for four years. I'd make the argument that Bronny might be worthy of the top pick in a draft without any clear franchise players. I don't think he wants to play in Charlotte,.Detroit, Washington but LeBron might not have much of a choice.

Panos
2/6/2024  8:43 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  8:52 AM
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

No what I’m saying is that this is a largely a dumb topic to even want to discuss.

But maybe you have some unique experience or perspective to bring to the table on this so have at it.

It doesn't take unique experience. And it is not dumb. It is the oldest story in the book going back to ancient times, and "daddy issues" as you call it takes top billing at psychologists sessions. So call it "dumb" if you want, but it seems more like you just want to be belligerent with me lately, and I'm not really interested in having nasty conversations with you.

Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/6/2024  9:13 AM
The heart condition situation may have changed Bronnys plans. Wouldn’t surprise me if he wanted another year in college to play where he wasn’t rehabbing. It’s not like lebron is in any hurry to retire. Lebron can hang with the lakers another year and assess. Bronny can regain some draft stock and come in more ready.
SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/6/2024  9:18 AM
honestly, I would probably use our first first rounder on him

a first for a year of LBJ? sheeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyyyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
martin
USA
2/6/2024  9:49 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  9:50 AM
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:
martin wrote:

It doesn't take unique experience. And it is not dumb. It is the oldest story in the book going back to ancient times, and "daddy issues" as you call it takes top billing at psychologists sessions. So call it "dumb" if you want, but it seems more like you just want to be belligerent with me lately, and I'm not really interested in having nasty conversations with you.

I’m trying to have a very specific conversation about the love one man has for his son so much so that he would divert his whole professional life as possibly the best basketball player in the world and in our lifetime, to spend time with his son. That literally what it boils down to, with the added flare of what conspiracy filled matrix theories we can come up with.

And you’d like to turn and frame LeBron as some sort of “whore” and kick off and divert this whole thread to some weird hypothetical about 2 people you have zero clue on and fabricate something about that relationship in a completely and utterly nasty way. That is you doing the very regular TMZ style work of awfullness.

Panos, if it’s not crystal clear to you, I don’t appreciate your participation at that level at all (not to mention how you are still trying to figure out the difference between comparison, analogy, and perhaps the odd simile). Take it somewhere else if you need to participate in this manner, I have zero interest in hosting that level discussion quite frankly.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  5:15 PM
It's funny at some level lol

martin
USA
2/6/2024  6:03 PM
Divergent thoughts

Nalod
USA
2/6/2024  6:20 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:It's more likely it happens in reverse. LeBron chooses his team and they add his son on a 2-way or something and let him be a cheerleader like Giannis' brother. Bronny sucks, no one is gonna waste a good pick on him hoping it lures LeBron.

So again, you don't think some greed-is-good, back-stabbing owner who has multiple first or second round picks would take a flier on this scenarios? Like buying a $100 lottery ticket?

Like 95% of second round picks fail out and you don't think they would use one on Bronny?

I really don't tbh. Not with LeBron at 40 with like one year left. I also think everyone knows LeBron is gonna have a short list of teams he will sign with. He will dictate where he, and where Bronny (if he decides to come out) go. I doubt Bronny declares for draft this year, just wouldn't be a smart move for him.

OK thanks. I don't think you are understanding the problem in the way I am trying to introduce it.

LeBron is a veritable goldmine to any prospective team. That goldmine is one that could easily match his salary at $50M to the right team.

Why wouldn't OKC spend every pick they have on Bronny, to entice soon to be UFA LeBron (because he as a player option) into their cap space to then sign LeBron to whatever they got and bitcoin the rest to him offline?

SGA, Dort/Giddy/whoever, Jalen Williams, LeBron, Chet

OKC sits 4th best in the league right now and they add a LeBron. That is worth $50M and a draft pick.

Interesting boss move you present.
At the same time when do lakers cut bait and move on from Lebron?
Sucks to burn a future 1st on a player you already have. If he opts out, then back, what that do to cap hold?

Lebron haters really feel bad for Buss family and their fans?

51 mil is a lot of money but just 5% to a billionaire. What would Lebron and Bronny on the knicks bring the kind of brand identity that could offset the salary reduction? Also, the Sphere makes Dolan a player in Vegas.

Nalod
USA
2/6/2024  6:28 PM
martin wrote:Divergent thoughts

Jax is a bit harsh here. Rivers made it on his own. He is not trash.
When he was coached by his dad I believe is his point that its hard.
I think its not unreasonable that some chime in on this. But…………
Bronny had to do this his whole life and in time he would have to deliver on the court.
For all we know Bronny don’t even play much but there will be a time when they will be on the court at the same time and history will be made.
Stephan Jax is a mean old pot head these days.
Bronny in time will have to prove himself on the court to stay in the league. Thats his career choice and burdan to bear…….Or is it bare?

martin
USA
2/6/2024  7:28 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:It's more likely it happens in reverse. LeBron chooses his team and they add his son on a 2-way or something and let him be a cheerleader like Giannis' brother. Bronny sucks, no one is gonna waste a good pick on him hoping it lures LeBron.

So again, you don't think some greed-is-good, back-stabbing owner who has multiple first or second round picks would take a flier on this scenarios? Like buying a $100 lottery ticket?

Like 95% of second round picks fail out and you don't think they would use one on Bronny?

I really don't tbh. Not with LeBron at 40 with like one year left. I also think everyone knows LeBron is gonna have a short list of teams he will sign with. He will dictate where he, and where Bronny (if he decides to come out) go. I doubt Bronny declares for draft this year, just wouldn't be a smart move for him.

OK thanks. I don't think you are understanding the problem in the way I am trying to introduce it.

LeBron is a veritable goldmine to any prospective team. That goldmine is one that could easily match his salary at $50M to the right team.

Why wouldn't OKC spend every pick they have on Bronny, to entice soon to be UFA LeBron (because he as a player option) into their cap space to then sign LeBron to whatever they got and bitcoin the rest to him offline?

SGA, Dort/Giddy/whoever, Jalen Williams, LeBron, Chet

OKC sits 4th best in the league right now and they add a LeBron. That is worth $50M and a draft pick.

Interesting boss move you present.
At the same time when do lakers cut bait and move on from Lebron?
Sucks to burn a future 1st on a player you already have. If he opts out, then back, what that do to cap hold?

Lebron haters really feel bad for Buss family and their fans?

51 mil is a lot of money but just 5% to a billionaire. What would Lebron and Bronny on the knicks bring the kind of brand identity that could offset the salary reduction? Also, the Sphere makes Dolan a player in Vegas.

Strange you ask that Nalod, I presented to you that very scenario in a different thread. I’m interested in your thought on it

Nalod
USA
2/7/2024  8:17 AM
I said Jeannie should sell.

As for Polinka and his Rob Lowe looking self should do? First and foremost do they have any picks that can be used for Bronny?
Does the Europe stash thing matter? Bronny drafted to Detroit? Or OKC? Rockets? NETS? Clippers? So lets be real because Bronny brings attention and intrigue regardless what happens. Lebron can also wait a year if he feels his body is up to it.

What are the Lakers plans post Lebron? I thought trade Davis while he still a has value and clear cap. Thing is not many free agents out there. Would Davis go back to Nola for Zion? So many possibilities here.

How fast can Lakers rebuild if needed to. CLippers are not young but have that new building opening. They draft Bronny and LEborn comes on a a midlevel deal? Crazy right? Bitcoin rumors abound to happen.

How do you think LeBron, NBA, and the whole basketball enchilada loving eaters are going to handle the upcoming Bronny situation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy