[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

How do you think LeBron, NBA, and the whole basketball enchilada loving eaters are going to handle the upcoming Bronny situation?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/5/2024  12:16 PM
Put your conspiracy hat on before you enter the premises. No hat, no entry. Thems the rules and strap it on tight!

I hope I am correct in suggesting that LeBron's son (Bronny) will be be in the 2024 draft? And the other assumption is that LeBron is DETERMINED to to play on same team with his son? Those are the 2 things we just need to agree on before we move on.

LeBron has an opt out after this season. His player option is $50M.

Does the NBA let the teams draft Bronny and hold LeBron hostage? The team that drafts Bronny will be first in line to either trade Bronny away or convince LeBron to join team (free agency, trade, whatever).

You bet your ass LeBron and Klutch will want to coordinate his son's draft to a team in a city he likes. This is a win win win for LeBron, NBA, TV people. Lots of everyone will want to have an opinion of how this will happen and WHERE it will happen.

So the biggest question is, should I do less meds?

The second biggest question is, how far off do you feel the above is and why do or don't you think parts of this are reality?

What did I miss and what can you add?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
martin
USA
2/5/2024  12:24 PM
This is me right now

BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/5/2024  12:24 PM
martin wrote:Put your conspiracy hat on before you enter the premises. No hat, no entry. Thems the rules and strap it on tight!

I hope I am correct in suggesting that LeBron's son (Bronny) will be be in the 2024 draft? And the other assumption is that LeBron is DETERMINED to to play on same team with his son? Those are the 2 things we just need to agree on before we move on.

Does the NBA let the teams draft Bronny and hold LeBron hostage? The team that drafts Bronny will be first in line to either trade Bronny away or convince LeBron to join team (free agency, trade, whatever).

You bet your ass LeBron and Klutch will want to coordinate his son's draft to a team in a city he likes. This is a win win win for LeBron, NBA, TV people. Lots of everyone will want to have an opinion of how this will happen and WHERE it will happen.

The second biggest question is, how far off do you feel the above is and why do or don't you think parts of this are reality?

Bronny's situation weird to assess. If this was any other prospect, I'd tell him to stay another year, maybe two, and polish ups his game. It's tough to go through what he went through and immediately turn it on during the season. I don't think Bronny is an NBA player right now and I'm not sure a team wastes a pick unless there is some understanding in place.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/5/2024  12:26 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:Put your conspiracy hat on before you enter the premises. No hat, no entry. Thems the rules and strap it on tight!

Bronny's situation weird to assess. If this was any other prospect, I'd tell him to stay another year, maybe two, and polish ups his game. It's tough to go through what he went through and immediately turn it on during the season. I don't think Bronny is an NBA player right now and I'm not sure a team wastes a pick unless there is some understanding in place.

If LeBron has already said he is absolutely is going to play on an NBA team with his son, as an NBA owner you would NOT spend a pick on Bronny? Is that what you are saying?

BigDaddyG

2/5/2024  12:33 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

If LeBron has already said he is absolutely is going to play on an NBA team with his son, as an NBA owner you would NOT spend a pick on Bronny? Is that what you are saying?

People say things in the Heat of the moment all the time. But let's be real, Lebron isn't going to Detroit to play with Bronny. I think you need to coordinate with Klutch and be sure before wasting a pick. Also, Bronny does have some control of the situation as a second round pick. Klutch could say he's only going to sign a one year deal or he's going to figure it out in France with Kemba Walker.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/5/2024  12:33 PM
Hat always on....

I fully expect the NBA Illuminati to give LaBronna exactly what they want. And ESPN cup holders etc. to fall into line. From a Knicks standpoint I have nothing against Bronny if he is the best player available. His dad here would make me face some hard questions.

martin
USA
2/5/2024  12:36 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2024  12:37 PM
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

People say things in the Heat of the moment all the time. But let's be real, Lebron isn't going to Detroit to play with Bronny. I think you need to coordinate with Klutch and be sure before wasting a pick. Also, Bronny does have some control of the situation as a second round pick. Klutch could say he's only going to sign a one year deal or he's going to figure it out in France with Kemba Walker.

You are thinking about this from a purely team owner perspective, I think, and how they may be thinking and react.

Add in what LeBron and the NBA may do to not let Bronny get drafted by any team outside of the team that they are predetermined to go to.

Make your hat do more work.

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/5/2024  12:38 PM
Bronny doesn't look like an NBA player at the moment. Maybe if he goes one and done he can secure a 2 way contract, but he doesn't even really look 2nd round draftable right now.

If I'm Lebron I'm telling my kid to stay in college and work on his game some more. But question is how long is Lebron willing to play just to make this dream come true. Its not in the best interest of Bronny to force him into the league just because he wants to play one year on the same bench.

martin
USA
2/5/2024  12:40 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2024  12:41 PM
VDesai wrote:Bronny doesn't look like an NBA player at the moment. Maybe if he goes one and done he can secure a 2 way contract, but he doesn't even really look 2nd round draftable right now.

If I'm Lebron I'm telling my kid to stay in college and work on his game some more. But question is how long is Lebron willing to play just to make this dream come true. Its not in the best interest of Bronny to force him into the league just because he wants to play one year on the same bench.

Let us assume Bronny is a second round pick candidate, just as Thanasis is on a team only because of Giannis. It literally doesn't matter how bad Bronny or Thanasis are. Their NBA level talent, quite frankly, is irrelevant.

Wear a better hat, yours is not conspriracy enough, WORK WITH ME

VDesai
Alba Posts: 44
Member: #477
USA
2/5/2024  12:45 PM
martin wrote:
VDesai wrote:Bronny doesn't look like an NBA player at the moment. Maybe if he goes one and done he can secure a 2 way contract, but he doesn't even really look 2nd round draftable right now.

Let us assume Bronny is a second round pick candidate, just as Thanasis is on a team only because of Giannis. It literally doesn't matter how bad Bronny or Thanasis are. Their NBA level talent, quite frankly, is irrelevant.

Wear a better hat, yours is not conspriracy enough, WORK WITH ME

I dont think there's a tin foil hat to wear here. Its not an open secret that Bron may go wherever Bronny goes and you if you want a chance at Bron, you might as well draft Bronny.

I don't think we need age 40 Bron at this point and I challenge Bronny to be a better Dad and set his kid up for success. That said maybe Bron realizes his kid is Chris Smith level so the lure of the King may be the only thing that gets him an NBA contract.

BigDaddyG

2/5/2024  12:52 PM
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:
martin wrote:
BigDaddyG wrote:

You are thinking about this from a purely team owner perspective, I think, and how they may be thinking and react.

Add in what LeBron and the NBA may do to not let Bronny get drafted by any team outside of the team that they are predetermined to go to.

Make your hat do more work.

I'm looking at this from the Klutch standpoint too. Klutch could put it out there that Bronny doesn't want to be drafted, which does happen quite a bit, and leave him as an UDFA. And let's be real, if his name was James Bronny he'd be looking at the G-League. Picks are valuable in the new CBA and I'm not sure you waste a decent second rounder on the chance Lebron comes to your team. You better have a good understanding with Klutch. The hostage is plausible, but what's the realistic return back? Two second rounders? Three?

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/5/2024  12:59 PM
It's more likely it happens in reverse. LeBron chooses his team and they add his son on a 2-way or something and let him be a cheerleader like Giannis' brother. Bronny sucks, no one is gonna waste a good pick on him hoping it lures LeBron.
martin
USA
2/5/2024  1:03 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2024  1:03 PM
DLeethal wrote:It's more likely it happens in reverse. LeBron chooses his team and they add his son on a 2-way or something and let him be a cheerleader like Giannis' brother. Bronny sucks, no one is gonna waste a good pick on him hoping it lures LeBron.

So again, you don't think some greed-is-good, back-stabbing owner who has multiple first or second round picks would take a flier on this scenarios? Like buying a $100 lottery ticket?

Like 95% of second round picks fail out and you don't think they would use one on Bronny?

martin
USA
2/5/2024  1:03 PM
Youall need to do better meds
DLeethal

2/5/2024  1:09 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:It's more likely it happens in reverse. LeBron chooses his team and they add his son on a 2-way or something and let him be a cheerleader like Giannis' brother. Bronny sucks, no one is gonna waste a good pick on him hoping it lures LeBron.

So again, you don't think some greed-is-good, back-stabbing owner who has multiple first or second round picks would take a flier on this scenarios? Like buying a $100 lottery ticket?

Like 95% of second round picks fail out and you don't think they would use one on Bronny?

I really don't tbh. Not with LeBron at 40 with like one year left. I also think everyone knows LeBron is gonna have a short list of teams he will sign with. He will dictate where he, and where Bronny (if he decides to come out) go. I doubt Bronny declares for draft this year, just wouldn't be a smart move for him.

martin
USA
2/5/2024  1:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2024  1:31 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

I really don't tbh. Not with LeBron at 40 with like one year left. I also think everyone knows LeBron is gonna have a short list of teams he will sign with. He will dictate where he, and where Bronny (if he decides to come out) go. I doubt Bronny declares for draft this year, just wouldn't be a smart move for him.

OK thanks. I don't think you are understanding the problem in the way I am trying to introduce it.

LeBron is a veritable goldmine to any prospective team. That goldmine is one that could easily match his salary at $50M to the right team.

Why wouldn't OKC spend every pick they have on Bronny, to entice soon to be UFA LeBron (because he as a player option) into their cap space to then sign LeBron to whatever they got and bitcoin the rest to him offline?

SGA, Dort/Giddy/whoever, Jalen Williams, LeBron, Chet

OKC sits 4th best in the league right now and they add a LeBron. That is worth $50M and a draft pick.

DLeethal

2/5/2024  1:57 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

OK thanks. I don't think you are understanding the problem in the way I am trying to introduce it.

LeBron is a veritable goldmine to any prospective team. That goldmine is one that could easily match his salary at $50M to the right team.

Why wouldn't OKC spend every pick they have on Bronny, to entice soon to be UFA LeBron (because he as a player option) into their cap space to then sign LeBron to whatever they got and bitcoin the rest to him offline?

OKC sits 4th best in the league right now and they add a LeBron. That is worth $50M and a draft pick.

I think most teams know LeBron is gonna dictate his next move if there is one. It's not gonna be via taking his son hostage. I honestly don't think LeBron would go live in OKC even for his own blood.

martin
USA
2/5/2024  2:26 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2024  2:28 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

I think most teams know LeBron is gonna dictate his next move if there is one. It's not gonna be via taking his son hostage. I honestly don't think LeBron would go live in OKC even for his own blood.

You think the owner of OKC gives a flying **** what LeBron thinks if OKC drafts Bronny?

Cause the negotiations would start right there and OKC got a much bigger chip than a normal second round pick to trade to a team LeBron actually wants to play on

Like OKC could offer the Lakers Bronny for that 2029 pick. Lebron would force Lakers to maybe do some type of deal by way of his player option.

Work with me here

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/5/2024  2:37 PM
Why not LeBron to Cleveland for Donovan Mitchell and Strus.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/5/2024  3:06 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/5/2024  3:07 PM
Question: if you're Bronny, do you want to play on a team with your dad?
A dad, by the way, who is a spotlight whore?
How do you think LeBron, NBA, and the whole basketball enchilada loving eaters are going to handle the upcoming Bronny situation?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy