Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/8/2024  7:59 AM
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:ESOMKnicks, hopefully you will find this completely ironic.

My underlying premise is that competitors complete against one another. You don't deny this but don't think that avenue can come through the Knicks. [I hope I got this right.]

I keep asking you if you have a background in owning your own business or work in related.

You avoid responding. You post some tangentially random article link.

I tell you that I have owned my own business and work within a field where this happens a lot (I want you to get to know me and my background) and repeat my request to you to see if you have similar.

You avoid responding and (repeatedly) post some more links.

I tell you again that I am genuinely interested in your background so it can help me understand your perspective and background on this, especially since I have just shared the same to you.

You, once again, repeating the same tactic as you did before, post links about repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and over again.

Are you following these completely ironic, repeat breadcrumbs that keep leading back into an infinite circle?

Or do I have to have to spell even this out to you and remind you that competitors compete in ways you probably are not experienced with? This is Wolf of Wall Street level **** where millions are on the line, not 2 lemonade stands across the street from each other where they wave back and forth to each other and drink half the lemonade mom just brought out and are gonna play hide and seek later on.

In the last decade, has any high level CAA person become the CEO of MSG? Has any head of basketball operations type from CAA left to run one of MSG's sports teams? And is that person still very well connected back to CAA? Are MSG and CAA in similar business circles? Is it possible each has a mutually beneficial relationship while also being sharks against one another at the right times? Would, perhaps, MSG (entertainment venue company) be tightly bound to CAA (world's leading entertainment and sports agency) who would reciprocate that love and have relations with MSG company and Dolan and Sphere, etc.? How deep is that relationship? How mutually beneficial do each of those businesses need to sometimes look out for each other? Do Leon and Rich Paul butt heads and wanna rip each other's throats out but also smile for the camera and buy each other cigars and bourbon? Probably.

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

I await the inevitability of the links!

Martin, your line of questioning about owning one's own business has nothing to do with the situation around the Knicks and CAA. That is why I called it non sequitur. Suppose I run a falafel shop, which competes with a hot dog shop across the street. What does it have to do with the Knicks and CAA? Exactly - nothing.

Listen, this debate is getting old and ridiculous. If you want to believe unsubstantiated and, quite frankly, illogical rumors about some rifts with the Knicks over CAA, be my guest. I think it is all a load of horse crap and paranoia that makes zero sense, and your claims about being an experienced business owner are hardly proof to the contrary.

I have no more to say, you may have the last word if you wish.

No worries. I was trying to add a layer of experience and perspective. I will leave it be.

Here’s the thing. I don’t think Lebron is setting NY up to come here as a player. I think he is setting LAL up to add him to ownership, much like Magic. Lebron isn’t trying to be like Mike. He doesn’t want to be a part owner of a lowly Bobcat franchise. It takes decades to create the institutional knowledge to truly compete in the NBA. I think he is following the model created by Magic Johnson where he uses his personality and talent to run a business empire not just headline an NBA franchise. And I think in order to get ownership on LAL, he needs to have NYKs salivating at the opportunity to have a basketball legend representing them in the public spotlight. We know Dolan is ok with that - he tried it with IT. Now, this doesn’t mean he doesn’t consider NYK next year. How better to move into ownership than through starting with a chip? We know he wants a Las Vegas team, but that’s subject to higher and better offers. And I’m not sure Lebron is ready for Las Vegas politics. He can be 20 years ahead of schedule if he gets into NYK ownership.

In short, I think this is setting up for post-NBA life. But I think his priority is LAL and NYK is being set up to be a bargaining chip in his NBA ownership plans. PR nightmare for NY if they get left at the altar.

Tough position, but the only way to protect NY is to keep winning basketball games.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/8/2024  8:15 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

My underlying premise is that competitors complete against one another. You don't deny this but don't think that avenue can come through the Knicks. [I hope I got this right.]

I keep asking you if you have a background in owning your own business or work in related.

I tell you that I have owned my own business and work within a field where this happens a lot (I want you to get to know me and my background) and repeat my request to you to see if you have similar.

I tell you again that I am genuinely interested in your background so it can help me understand your perspective and background on this, especially since I have just shared the same to you.

You, once again, repeating the same tactic as you did before, post links about repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and over again.

Are you following these completely ironic, repeat breadcrumbs that keep leading back into an infinite circle?

Or do I have to have to spell even this out to you and remind you that competitors compete in ways you probably are not experienced with? This is Wolf of Wall Street level **** where millions are on the line, not 2 lemonade stands across the street from each other where they wave back and forth to each other and drink half the lemonade mom just brought out and are gonna play hide and seek later on.

In the last decade, has any high level CAA person become the CEO of MSG? Has any head of basketball operations type from CAA left to run one of MSG's sports teams? And is that person still very well connected back to CAA? Are MSG and CAA in similar business circles? Is it possible each has a mutually beneficial relationship while also being sharks against one another at the right times? Would, perhaps, MSG (entertainment venue company) be tightly bound to CAA (world's leading entertainment and sports agency) who would reciprocate that love and have relations with MSG company and Dolan and Sphere, etc.? How deep is that relationship? How mutually beneficial do each of those businesses need to sometimes look out for each other? Do Leon and Rich Paul butt heads and wanna rip each other's throats out but also smile for the camera and buy each other cigars and bourbon? Probably.

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

Martin, your line of questioning about owning one's own business has nothing to do with the situation around the Knicks and CAA. That is why I called it non sequitur. Suppose I run a falafel shop, which competes with a hot dog shop across the street. What does it have to do with the Knicks and CAA? Exactly - nothing.

Listen, this debate is getting old and ridiculous. If you want to believe unsubstantiated and, quite frankly, illogical rumors about some rifts with the Knicks over CAA, be my guest. I think it is all a load of horse crap and paranoia that makes zero sense, and your claims about being an experienced business owner are hardly proof to the contrary.

No worries. I was trying to add a layer of experience and perspective. I will leave it be.

Here’s the thing. I don’t think Lebron is setting NY up to come here as a player. I think he is setting LAL up to add him to ownership, much like Magic. Lebron isn’t trying to be like Mike. He doesn’t want to be a part owner of a lowly Bobcat franchise. It takes decades to create the institutional knowledge to truly compete in the NBA. I think he is following the model created by Magic Johnson where he uses his personality and talent to run a business empire not just headline an NBA franchise. And I think in order to get ownership on LAL, he needs to have NYKs salivating at the opportunity to have a basketball legend representing them in the public spotlight. We know Dolan is ok with that - he tried it with IT. Now, this doesn’t mean he doesn’t consider NYK next year. How better to move into ownership than through starting with a chip? We know he wants a Las Vegas team, but that’s subject to higher and better offers. And I’m not sure Lebron is ready for Las Vegas politics. He can be 20 years ahead of schedule if he gets into NYK ownership.

In short, I think this is setting up for post-NBA life. But I think his priority is LAL and NYK is being set up to be a bargaining chip in his NBA ownership plans. PR nightmare for NY if they get left at the altar.

Tough position, but the only way to protect NY is to keep winning basketball games.

Vegas. LeBron would perhaps want to own that new Vegas team.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/8/2024  8:24 AM
ESOMKnicks, I think you got my back and forth completely mixed up. That's my fault.

I am trying to get to know you better so that I can understand you and the conclusion you came to better. I am additionally trying to help you understand where I am coming from. My flare for forum exchange is out there.

I don't care if you are right or I am right. I am probably wildly off but I'd like to explain to you - from my experience in the field and my background as a business owner - why I came to think what I thought. Similarly, for you as well.

I have zero clue what is going on at MSG. I guess. I try to do the informed guess thing. I have zero clue about Leon and CAA, so I read up and ask Nalod what he thinks cause he knows more than me in this space. I want to know what Nalod thinks so I can think about what he is saying more clearly too, cause that dude sure has a stream of consciousness that we all need to appreciate, it's fancy wild and I love it, and that's not nice nice that's truth.

Like that. I am not trying to make you defensive, I am trying to learn about you to understand you better. But I keep ****ing that up.

EwingsGlass
USA
2/8/2024  8:26 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

I mentioned that.

This is the Randle.
martin
USA
2/8/2024  8:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/8/2024  8:34 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

I mentioned that.

My small morning mind only made it to 3rd sentence before I saw lots of Lakers. lol my bad

EwingsGlass
USA
2/8/2024  8:35 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

I mentioned that.

My small morning mind only made it to 3rd sentence before I saw lots of Lakers. lol my bad

I am excessively wordy.

This is the Randle.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/8/2024  8:58 AM
Lebron Vegas is a well written thing.

Lets take it down a notch. Knicks have a lot of picks and Paul might have wanted to discuss potential spots where Bronny could be picked and if knicks had the chance to draft him what the playbook might look like.
By that, what could Leon and Company be willing to do with a trade Lakers to make it work?
At the end of the day Leon might have gotten ****ed over by Paul but Leon still had an amazing agent career. For all we know Leon might have been a vindictive **** about things in the aftermath of their split? This was 12 years ago. Lots of things changed and the reality is they can hurt each other or help. Maybe the league felt it was time they figure **** out and get on with it. Not good for anyone? IM just guessing.

Its good for the league and much money to be made for all if Lebron and Bronny can play together. If Leon can be in a position to do that does he help or hinder? Maybe that was the purpose of the meeting.

Lebrons sneaker color? The Towels, the trade dealine? The world is talking about this. The dollar amount of exposure for this is not to go unmentioned. He and other athletes and entertainers do this kind of **** all the time to use the media for this.
Lebron has a lot of fans. Most of them casual. He is a global brand. To a very few he is “LeBronna the selfish diva GM”.

Let the Klutch-CAA detente commence!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy