Let the Klutch-CAA detente commence!!!
Author Thread
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/6/2024  3:33 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:Lakers got to West conferance finals last year. Got swept by Nugg’s, but they got there.
Lakers are not great, but nobody is.
Lebron don’t care about the 2029 pick, he’ll be long gone. He wants rings. And we hate him for it? LOL
If he wants to take a pay cut to play with Bronny next year on Broadway that is ok in my book.
Then we can trade Bronny to the Vegas expansion team in due time.

What do you think Jeanie Buss’ position on this is?

Lakers are in the play-in slot and that’s maybe with a ton of help from refs.

Lakers are also either one injury or one not good play-in game loss of falling flat on face and getting closer to LeBron not liking his situation.

What is Jeanie thinking of doing to get the most value for the Lakers present season and future?

We all know Jimmy Buss just wants his check!
Jeanie Buss has a ring under her watch. she is good. Lebron is the devil you sign with and ride it out.
Logically you trade him and Davis and Reboot but they don't do that in La La land? They are leveraged out as it is.
At the same time I don't know what she or lakers do. What is the long game for them anyway? Sell the team and pay a **** ton of taxes and live well?
Not like Dr Jerry would have minded that.
ITs their primary source of wealth. Jeannie married to comedian Jay Mohr. Go have fun! Produce TV shows. What ever.

AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/6/2024  3:45 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/6/2024  3:57 PM
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:Lakers got to West conferance finals last year. Got swept by Nugg’s, but they got there.
Lebron don’t care about the 2029 pick, he’ll be long gone. He wants rings. And we hate him for it? LOL
If he wants to take a pay cut to play with Bronny next year on Broadway that is ok in my book.

Lakers are also either one injury or one not good play-in game loss of falling flat on face and getting closer to LeBron not liking his situation.

What is Jeanie thinking of doing to get the most value for the Lakers present season and future?

Jeanie Buss has a ring under her watch. she is good. Lebron is the devil you sign with and ride it out.
Logically you trade him and Davis and Reboot but they don't do that in La La land? They are leveraged out as it is.
At the same time I don't know what she or lakers do. What is the long game for them anyway? Sell the team and pay a **** ton of taxes and live well?
ITs their primary source of wealth. Jeannie married to comedian Jay Mohr. Go have fun! Produce TV shows. What ever.

I agree with all of this.

But how can Jeanie turn a boring life situation with LeBron and AD still kinda sorta under contract/control to something that is more valuable to her down the line?

Like, can she get with LeBron and Adam Silver and Dolan and be like, "OK, I'll trade LeBron to NY for Randle/Fournier and all the picks. But, Silver, since you are getting all of the LeBron to New York TV contract ratings for your next negotiation, I need you to guarantee me some top level pics over the course of say 2-5 years, just like you and Stern did for Cleveland with Kyrie, Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett?"

Jeanie: "New York, you need to give me all the picks. Literally all of them. And Randle's right arm sewn all back nice and snug. And I want front row Sphere tickets for life!!!!!!"

LeBron: "Wait, NY needs to draft Bronny, so let them have one pick."

Silver: hmmm, I get the TV contract I want cause rating through the roof....????? Someone, anyone, from NY or LA has to bitcoin me offline and Sphere tickets next to Jeanie huba huba.

Win win win? Why does this convo not happen?

Also, from personal experience, do I need to crank up the meds or crank them down? Or switch to your meds?

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
USA
2/6/2024  4:01 PM
Leon is a badass mother****er. Just look at how he and staff operates. Top notch.

Thanks for the find Clean.

fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

2/6/2024  4:05 PM
martin wrote:
Nalod wrote:
martin wrote:

I agree with all of this.

But how can Jeanie turn a boring life situation with LeBron and AD still kinda sorta under contract/control to something that is valuable to her?

Like, can she get with LeBron and Adam Silver and Dolan and be like, "OK, I'll trade LeBron to NY for Randle/Fournier and all the picks. But, Silver, since you are getting all of the LeBron to New York TV contract ratings for your next negotiation, I need you to guarantee me some top level pics over the course of say 2-5 years, just like you and Stern did for Cleveland with Kyrie, Andrew Wiggins, Anthony Bennett?"

Jeanie: "New York, you need to give me all the picks. Literally all of them. And Randle's right arm sewn all back nice and snug. And I want front row Sphere tickets for life!!!!!!"

LeBron: "Wait, NY needs to draft Bronny, so let them have one pick."

Silver: hmmm, I get the TV contract I want cause rating through the roof....?????

Win win win? Why does this convo not happen?

Also, from personal experience, do I need to crank up the meds or crank them down? Or switch to your meds?

lol I see the Knicks laughing there asses off at miss buss and hanging up the phone …. At this age and point in LBJ’s career he might be worth 2 protected firsts at most. also Randle involved is a non starter for the Knicks an easy hang up the phone laughing .

Lebron is going retire soon, as he should. Trading for lebron would bailout the lakers from the hell that awaits them all the picks plus Randle for an old man lebron yeah Knicks are laughing there asses off and hanging up the phone … If Randle is involved I want lebron, AD and reeves lol

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/6/2024  4:10 PM
martin wrote:

Don't be this daft. Knicks, MSG are literally run by CAA.

Don't expect an unsubstantiated assertion to become credible just by virtue of repeating it multiple times.

martin
USA
2/6/2024  4:15 PM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't expect an unsubstantiated assertion to become credible just by virtue of repeating it multiple times.

Don't shy away from letting me know where your experience and perspective on this comes from. I am interested to hear about that so it can give us all a clue where you are coming from.

I am ungodly interested in this stuff cause it's literally my job.

ESOMKnicks

2/7/2024  5:27 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2024  5:38 AM
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:

Don't shy away from letting me know where your experience and perspective on this comes from. I am interested to hear about that so it can give us all a clue where you are coming from.

This is probably some strange form of sarcasm, but just in case it is not, I am happy to oblige, here are a few examples.

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2020/10/06/study-shows-that-repeated-statements-are-more-often-judged-to-be-true-regardless-of-a-persons-age-or-prior-knowledge/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion#:~:text=Proof%20by%20assertion%2C%20sometimes%20informally,regardless%20of%20contradiction%20and%20refutation.

martin
USA
2/7/2024  7:41 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2024  7:42 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:

This is probably some strange form of sarcasm, but just in case it is not, I am happy to oblige, here are a few examples.

https://news.vanderbilt.edu/2020/10/06/study-shows-that-repeated-statements-are-more-often-judged-to-be-true-regardless-of-a-persons-age-or-prior-knowledge/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proof_by_assertion#:~:text=Proof%20by%20assertion%2C%20sometimes%20informally,regardless%20of%20contradiction%20and%20refutation.

It is a genuine interest. I’ll leave it to you to side step as much as you’d like. I am pretty candid in my remarks.

martin
USA
2/7/2024  11:26 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2024  12:37 PM
ESOMKnicks, hopefully you will find this completely ironic.

My underlying premise is that competitors complete against one another. You don't deny this but don't think that avenue can come through the Knicks. [I hope I got this right.]

I keep asking you if you have a background in owning your own business or work in related.

You avoid responding. You post some tangentially random article link.

I tell you that I have owned my own business and work within a field where this happens a lot (I want you to get to know me and my background) and repeat my request to you to see if you have similar.

You avoid responding and (repeatedly) post some more links.

I tell you again that I am genuinely interested in your background so it can help me understand your perspective and background on this, especially since I have just shared the same to you.

You, once again, repeating the same tactic as you did before, post links about repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and over again.

Are you following these completely ironic, repeat breadcrumbs that keep leading back into an infinite circle?

Or do I have to have to spell even this out to you and remind you that competitors compete in ways you probably are not experienced with? This is Wolf of Wall Street level **** where millions are on the line, not 2 lemonade stands across the street from each other where they wave back and forth to each other and drink half the lemonade mom just brought out and are gonna play hide and seek later on.

In the last decade, has any high level CAA person become the CEO of MSG? Has any head of basketball operations type from CAA left to run one of MSG's sports teams? And is that person still very well connected back to CAA? Are MSG and CAA in similar business circles? Is it possible each has a mutually beneficial relationship while also being sharks against one another at the right times? Would, perhaps, MSG (entertainment venue company) be tightly bound to CAA (world's leading entertainment and sports agency) who would reciprocate that love and have relations with MSG company and Dolan and Sphere, etc.? How deep is that relationship? How mutually beneficial do each of those businesses need to sometimes look out for each other? Do Leon and Rich Paul butt heads and wanna rip each other's throats out but also smile for the camera and buy each other cigars and bourbon? Probably.

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

I await the inevitability of the links!

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/7/2024  12:55 PM
martin wrote:ESOMKnicks, hopefully you will find this completely ironic.

My underlying premise is that competitors complete against one another. You don't deny this but don't think that avenue can come through the Knicks. [I hope I got this right.]

I keep asking you if you have a background in owning your own business or work in related.

I tell you that I have owned my own business and work within a field where this happens a lot (I want you to get to know me and my background) and repeat my request to you to see if you have similar.

I tell you again that I am genuinely interested in your background so it can help me understand your perspective and background on this, especially since I have just shared the same to you.

You, once again, repeating the same tactic as you did before, post links about repeatedly saying the same thing over and over and over again.

Are you following these completely ironic, repeat breadcrumbs that keep leading back into an infinite circle?

Or do I have to have to spell even this out to you and remind you that competitors compete in ways you probably are not experienced with? This is Wolf of Wall Street level **** where millions are on the line, not 2 lemonade stands across the street from each other where they wave back and forth to each other and drink half the lemonade mom just brought out and are gonna play hide and seek later on.

In the last decade, has any high level CAA person become the CEO of MSG? Has any head of basketball operations type from CAA left to run one of MSG's sports teams? And is that person still very well connected back to CAA? Are MSG and CAA in similar business circles? Is it possible each has a mutually beneficial relationship while also being sharks against one another at the right times? Would, perhaps, MSG (entertainment venue company) be tightly bound to CAA (world's leading entertainment and sports agency) who would reciprocate that love and have relations with MSG company and Dolan and Sphere, etc.? How deep is that relationship? How mutually beneficial do each of those businesses need to sometimes look out for each other? Do Leon and Rich Paul butt heads and wanna rip each other's throats out but also smile for the camera and buy each other cigars and bourbon? Probably.

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

You noticed the Knicks shoulder patch switched to Sphere this season right? The key to me is that the Knicks are only a part of MSG just as sports are only a part of CAA's business. The vibes I get from Dolan is that he's all in on Sphere and likely sees it as a franchisable business model that can be sold and built world over (Sphere: Shanghai, London, Abu Dhabi, etc.) LeBron is interested in owning the Vegas team and I'm sure Jimmy D has better contacts there than the Busses. Also, how much more special is a championship in NY than anywhere else? It's a lot easier to?solidify his GOAT status with a banner in New York.

I don't know, I just think the major hold up is finagling a way to get Bronny to the team LeBron wants to go to.

martin
USA
2/7/2024  1:03 PM
gradyandrew wrote:

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

You noticed the Knicks shoulder patch switched to Sphere this season right? The key to me is that the Knicks are only a part of MSG just as sports are only a part of CAA's business. The vibes I get from Dolan is that he's all in on Sphere and likely sees it as a franchisable business model that can be sold and built world over (Sphere: Shanghai, London, Abu Dhabi, etc.) LeBron is interested in owning the Vegas team and I'm sure Jimmy D has better contacts there than the Busses. Also, how much more special is a championship in NY than anywhere else? It's a lot easier to?solidify his GOAT status with a banner in New York.

I don't know, I just think the major hold up is finagling a way to get Bronny to the team LeBron wants to go to.

YES!! All of it!

Thank you for wearing this hat with me. I thought I'd be left alone for too long. I will puff puff and now pass

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/7/2024  1:50 PM
Dead and Company just announced their residency at the Sphere. U2 and them are both managed by Irving and Jeffrey Azoff who is good friends with Dolan.
CAA does manage John Mayer who plays with them. Bands sometimes have two agencies handling different things.
I gather Leon is not tight in the entertainment world as he was one of many directors at CAA.
It matters they all play nice.

Rich Paul is married to Adele. Her agency is WME. Same as Randle. No link, just a world unto itself. These are massive companies.
Klutch might not be in music directly but "United Talent Agency", or UTA is a big player and they have an alliance.
Adele is still a big name and her agent did a great job with her career. Loyalty also matters.

Lets not forget, Leon was Lebrons agent until 2012 when he took lebron and formed Klutch. This enabled Lebron and Maverick his high school buddy to spread their wings and be self empowered. I have not read were there was anything wrong with the relationship but Leon must have been pissed to have landed and cultivated the biggest name in sports and had one of his guys walk out. Thats some stab in the back kind of **** that happens in that world.
Leon built something special and CAA bought his business and had him run the division. Not sure if it was time to leave, burn out, or they not happy with the growth, or Leon was not into the big corp thing anymore as an agent and agency.

As president of Knicks its his job to make connections and be an asset to his team and employer. I can only see it being mutually beneficial for both to play nice. Is it a foreshadow for any of Klutch players to move to Knicks? Maybe. Why now? Was it a deadline thing or Lakers in NYC on a Saturday night and it was a big deal. Who else did Paul meet with that day?
Maybe Adele is dong a residence in Vega at Ceasers Palace. Also in Munich. Maybe she wants a gig for a few nights in Radio City. Its owned by Who? MSG.

As for Lebron? What about Davis? he is a Klutch client. Lavine is a klutch client. Just saying, not predicting.
When a player says he don't want NY was it him or his agent?
I don't see anyting at the deadline but since the all in town maybe it was just time to settle the bad blood and move forward. If Lebron is done with Lakers and Clippers are not a thing, and Bronny can find his way to Knicks, would they have a path? now, I know some never will like lebron and nothing will convince you. (funny how many "Kobe" fans there are now and he as an ******* for along time but won't give Lebron an inch) Thats ones perogative! I get that. But even for a year, its a big business move for MSG to catch that buzz with him as a knick for a year or two even if diminished at his advanced age. He has to be on a true contender for it to be mutually beneficial.
If that's even a possibility both sides need to explore it. How that works? I don't know.
I know Knicks have a **** ton of picks, cap flex, and yoot to still trade or play. They are in the top echelon and have broken from the middle pack. Injuries are an issue but they have shown to have a good culture with a respected coach.

Clean
Member: #743
2/7/2024  2:33 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2024  2:34 PM
gradyandrew wrote:

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

A month or so ago there was a story on exactly the bold. The patch is of the Sphere because they could not get another sponsor to pay what they want for the ad space. So they just promote their own stuff there until they can get a deal they are happy with.

martin
USA
2/7/2024  2:57 PM
Why do 2 parties need to hash things out if they not butting heads - i.e., competing - over something?

martin
USA
2/7/2024  3:10 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/7/2024  3:11 PM
Man identified as a Rich Paul representative who was asked to "show CAA and Dolan who is boss and who is really on top of the Sphere"

martin
USA
2/7/2024  3:52 PM
This is legit how off the wall sharky a different part of this world operates and how they use leverage and cutthroaty’ness. They definitely not gentile competitors

gradyandrew
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #8959

2/7/2024  8:19 PM
I forgot Leon was LeBron's agent before. And they day after they meet LeBron wears a Knicks towel that he's conspicuously using? It's a done deal as far as I'm concerned. Now the challenge is just drafting Bronny.
martin
USA
2/7/2024  8:55 PM
gradyandrew wrote:I forgot Leon was LeBron's agent before. And they day after they meet LeBron wears a Knicks towel that he's conspicuously using? It's a done deal as far as I'm concerned. Now the challenge is just drafting Bronny.

If it were a done deal, the Bronny draft would be a wrap too

ESOMKnicks

2/8/2024  4:35 AM

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

Martin, your line of questioning about owning one's own business has nothing to do with the situation around the Knicks and CAA. That is why I called it non sequitur. Suppose I run a falafel shop, which competes with a hot dog shop across the street. What does it have to do with the Knicks and CAA? Exactly - nothing.

Listen, this debate is getting old and ridiculous. If you want to believe unsubstantiated and, quite frankly, illogical rumors about some rifts with the Knicks over CAA, be my guest. I think it is all a load of horse crap and paranoia that makes zero sense, and your claims about being an experienced business owner are hardly proof to the contrary.

I have no more to say, you may have the last word if you wish.

martin
USA
2/8/2024  7:23 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:

Like that.

Wolf of Wall Street 201

Martin, your line of questioning about owning one's own business has nothing to do with the situation around the Knicks and CAA. That is why I called it non sequitur. Suppose I run a falafel shop, which competes with a hot dog shop across the street. What does it have to do with the Knicks and CAA? Exactly - nothing.

Listen, this debate is getting old and ridiculous. If you want to believe unsubstantiated and, quite frankly, illogical rumors about some rifts with the Knicks over CAA, be my guest. I think it is all a load of horse crap and paranoia that makes zero sense, and your claims about being an experienced business owner are hardly proof to the contrary.

I have no more to say, you may have the last word if you wish.

No worries. I was trying to add a layer of experience and perspective. I will leave it be.

Let the Klutch-CAA detente commence!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy