[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Let the Klutch-CAA detente commence!!!
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2024  6:56 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  6:57 PM
I am fully putting on my not-often-worn conspiratorial hat and say that this is very meaningful and something will shake loose soon.

I have more thoughts on this later on involving OG.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/2/2024  7:21 PM
I think this just comes down to the Knicks having a ton of interest in Klutch players at the deadline and it being the right time to straighten this stuff out. The winning has moved the goal post too. Can’t pass on a player because he’s Klutch so they needed to make sure things were good going forward. It probably means the names we have been hearing are mostly of interest. Brogdon, Clarkson and Murray I’m guessing.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/2/2024  7:35 PM
Good news. I thought he was a Knicks fan and was angling to get Anthony Davis to NY with Mitch Robinson to cover him. Would be nice to have both CAA and Klutch working to keep working the institutional value of the franchise.
This is the Randle.
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/2/2024  7:50 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  7:57 PM
I think Rich Paul came to his senses after Saquon Barkley left Klutch for CAA. My bad, Saquon left ROC Nation. He knows he probably loses an outright war, so he's willing to engage in a cold war for now. Or maybe Lebron just told him Cam Reddish is trash and his theory about CAA favoritism holding players back is fantasy.
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
USA
2/2/2024  7:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  8:01 PM
Knixkik wrote:I think this just comes down to the Knicks having a ton of interest in Klutch players at the deadline and it being the right time to straighten this stuff out. The winning has moved the goal post too. Can’t pass on a player because he’s Klutch so they needed to make sure things were good going forward. It probably means the names we have been hearing are mostly of interest. Brogdon, Clarkson and Murray I’m guessing.

Yep.

CAA literally stole OG away from Klutch and something is up with that IMHO

The most highly sought after big wing defender who fits Knicks to a T somehow ended up with Sam Rose of CAA? Leon made this happen.

OG’s agent at Klutch was literally the head of basketball operations, Klutch Sports' Omar Wilkes.

Omar Wilkes Leaves Klutch for another job at some place called Fanatics, Inc.

Maybe OG just wanted to switch things up but why wouldn’t the head of basketball operation at Klutch steer OG anywhere back to Klutch if he was leaving and needed to part ways? Unless Omar got something from CAA. And that’s where it gets interesting.

No doubt to me Leon involved with all this or it’s complete dumb luck.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/2/2024  8:48 PM
This legit scares me. More so with the timing of it with the trade deadline this week.

I scared and I really hope we don't really trade for LeBum! Can't root for that guy!

martin
USA
2/2/2024  9:03 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2024  12:39 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  12:53 AM
Rich Paul woke up one morning with a horse head in his bed. Things happen,
Leon Rose is a Boss!
How is it we sign players below market value?
Not only that, players outperform those deals. They motivated by something besides money and happiness? Fear?
Is Rick Brunson really here because he wants to? You ever see him smile? you even see him really coach? Work? Leon not owns Brunson soul, he owns his first born son!!
Jalen had to come here to save his dad.

Nope, Dolan can't sell knicks to Leon. Somehow Leon owns Dolan. Let that sit in your bing bong brains!

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/3/2024  8:10 AM
Conspiracy theorists, now's your time.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/3/2024  9:47 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:Conspiracy theorists, now's your time.

Conspiracy theorists can also completely disregard lebron is playing at MSG tonight.

martin
USA
2/3/2024  9:55 AM
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/3/2024  10:30 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  10:31 AM
SergioNYK wrote:This legit scares me. More so with the timing of it with the trade deadline this week.

I scared and I really hope we don't really trade for LeBum! Can't root for that guy!

I hope it is an impossibility. It would derail my fandom if LaBronna came here. He is a GOAT and a wonder at his age who can still play but from “the decision” on he is the heel, a ring chaser, coach killer etc. Moreover why disrupt the chemistry of this team with a diva pushing 40?

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/3/2024  10:31 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  10:32 AM
Sounds like a load of horsecrap.
Why wouldn't a sports agent want his client to play for the Knicks, if the Knicks are offering good terms?
Sounds like not acting in the best interest of the client, which no sports agent wants to be known for.
martin
USA
2/3/2024  10:39 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:Sounds like a load of horsecrap.
Why wouldn't a sports agent want his client to play for the Knicks, if the Knicks are offering good terms?
Sounds like not acting in the best interest of the client, which no sports agent wants to be known for.

Think bigger picture. Walk with me:

The why: Because Rich Paul would lose his Klutch clients to CAA? Which is exactly what is happening?

Rich Paul’s biggest basketball adversary is CAA?

Klutch is LeBron centric. LeBron is almost done. Klutch knows this. Everyone knows this. CAA vultures are circling Klutch, witness OG and lots of others who have switched to CAA.

I legit have zero clue what Klutch is about and KNOW they are playing defense to save themselves. Book it.

ESOMKnicks
Member: #6064

2/3/2024  10:57 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  10:58 AM
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

The why: Because Rich Paul would lose his Klutch clients to CAA? Which is exactly what is happening?

I fail to follow this line of reasoning, unless you know for a fact, that the Knicks require every player signing with them to switch to CAA.

nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/3/2024  11:04 AM
[K.C. Johnson] There's a growing feeling among rival executives that the Bulls may have to attach another asset to move LaVine, something sources said the Bulls have been hesitant to do to this point. An alternative could be to merely move LaVine as a salary dump for expiring contracts

another Klutch client.

Evan and Mitch for Lavine?

martin
USA
2/3/2024  11:06 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  11:07 AM
ESOMKnicks wrote:
martin wrote:
ESOMKnicks wrote:

I fail to follow this line of reasoning, unless you know for a fact, that the Knicks require every player signing with them to switch to CAA.

Have you ever owned your own business or been part of a business at the level where you are constantly thinking about your competitors and how they would poach YOUR clients or business?

This is exactly the scenario. Every client/player doesn’t need to sign with CAA while on Knicks. But would you (Rich Paul) want your clients to be living in the neighborhood where everyone else is from the other side (CAA) and having dinner parties together all the time?

The answer is HELL FUCKING NO.

Knicks are literally run by the ex CAA owner. Paul Rich used to work for CAA. Leon obviously has connections to CAA.

How many more dots do you need to connect?

MBA 101

LivingLegend
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #1645

2/3/2024  11:25 AM
One theory I heard - maybe Jeremy Cohen a few weeks ago was that Clutch wants D Murray in LA but they may not be able to make that happen because Lakers most viable trade piece is D Russell who has an opt in that he may or may not exercise. So maybe Lakers can’t get hands on Murray at trade deadline but maybe this summer.

Theory suggested that Knicks/Clutch could agree that Clutch would direct Murray to Knicks at trade deadline — Murray could help Knicks for stretch run/playoffs BUT that agreement would be that Knicks would than re-direct Murray back to Lakers in a bigger star trade this summer (with potentially the Laker 29 pick as a carrot).

Maybe that’s all a massive reach but the detente timing is eye opening.

martin
USA
2/3/2024  11:31 AM
LivingLegend wrote:One theory I heard - maybe Jeremy Cohen a few weeks ago was that Clutch wants D Murray in LA but they may not be able to make that happen because Lakers most viable trade piece is D Russell who has an opt in that he may or may not exercise. So maybe Lakers can’t get hands on Murray at trade deadline but maybe this summer.

Theory suggested that Knicks/Clutch could agree that Clutch would direct Murray to Knicks at trade deadline — Murray could help Knicks for stretch run/playoffs BUT that agreement would be that Knicks would than re-direct Murray back to Lakers in a bigger star trade this summer (with potentially the Laker 29 pick as a carrot).

Can totally see this as a possibility

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2024  11:50 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  11:53 AM
LivingLegend wrote:One theory I heard - maybe Jeremy Cohen a few weeks ago was that Clutch wants D Murray in LA but they may not be able to make that happen because Lakers most viable trade piece is D Russell who has an opt in that he may or may not exercise. So maybe Lakers can’t get hands on Murray at trade deadline but maybe this summer.

Nothing wrong with that scenario.

Clarity, CAA is a huge company. Basketball Division was headed up by Leon who likley had an equity stake in the company as a partner. How much? Have no ideal. Think of it like a law firm with different divisions catering to different clients. Lebron agent was Leon Rose and then Rich Paul poached him to start his own gig. That could not gone down well for Leon. Paul worked for Leon.
So what is the relationship with Lebron and Leon now? I recall league was not happy with Lebron perhaps owning a stake in Klutch. My take was he financed Klutch and league stepped in and figured something out. Perhaps it became a loan rathter than ownership. If Lebron is to own a piece of the Vegas expansion team that would not fly either. Paul is not serving his clients if his beef with Leon is a thing. Like wise Leon is not serving his employer if avoiding Klutch clients.

As for Lebron, I respect his career, how he has matured and over 20 years. Has he made mistakes? Sure. 20 years is a damn long time and many things have changed. He used freedoms jordan never had access to regarding salary structures and CBA’s.

Knick fans have a long propensity for the “Savior Starphuch” thing and we always getting into it. Truth is I don’t want any of it. The Decison was a great tease and I’d think he learned from a lot of things. End of the day he is still married and into his kids, is philanthropic and most important what he is doing on the court at his age is incredible! “The Decision” proved awful for him despite it was intended to help Boys CLub of America” and the arrogance around the “Heatles” was really part of an immature Lebron and he had to learn some lessons. The loss to Dallas after being up 2-0 had to really hurt. I really did not like Lebron early on but in time what he does on the court mattered. The 2016 chip with Clev and his performance was truly a masterpiece.
“Yeah, but he is NOT JORDAN”. True.
And Jordan is no Bill Russell.
In Nalod crowded medical induced mind they all co exist in different eras and of different greatness. Kareem is in that room also.

Let the Klutch-CAA detente commence!!!

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy