[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Tell me what you think Can the Knicks win a championship with this team?
Author Thread
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/3/2024  4:18 PM
One man’s opinion

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
AUTOADVERT
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/4/2024  9:43 AM
“Infinite Horizon”…….Great line!

Because we got here without paying full retail for a starphuch (yet) we still have a cupboard of goodies to use if the opportunty presents itself.

“Debating if we need Lebron”……
My take would be if we can win a chip with him, and one after he retires. That would matter.
Lebron enjoys winning with others. Jordan enforced it. I know this won’t jive with everyone but bring in Bronny and welcome him into the Leon Family. At this stage of his career Jalen and Jules would play a huge part of any chip run. Lebron seems to know when to take charge and when to delegate.
Maybe Rich Paul at Lebrons insistence was told to play nice? If Leborn is to one day own a team he needs to “Settle all family business”. Pehraps Rich Paul sells the agency and becomes a partner with Lebron? Question is what becomes of “Moe Green”?

Thats for another day. Leon can’t really take on his or another massive salary and pay the team as it is.

DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/4/2024  1:30 PM
Nalod wrote:“Infinite Horizon”…….Great line!

Because we got here without paying full retail for a starphuch (yet) we still have a cupboard of goodies to use if the opportunty presents itself.

My take would be if we can win a chip with him, and one after he retires. That would matter.
Lebron enjoys winning with others. Jordan enforced it. I know this won’t jive with everyone but bring in Bronny and welcome him into the Leon Family. At this stage of his career Jalen and Jules would play a huge part of any chip run. Lebron seems to know when to take charge and when to delegate.
Maybe Rich Paul at Lebrons insistence was told to play nice? If Leborn is to one day own a team he needs to “Settle all family business”. Pehraps Rich Paul sells the agency and becomes a partner with Lebron? Question is what becomes of “Moe Green”?

Thats for another day. Leon can’t really take on his or another massive salary and pay the team as it is.

LeBron only works off the bench, or in Randle's spot. In a vacuum, he would be a freakin' ACE at Randle's current role as Brunson's #2 and a power playmaker. But he's not playing the 2, nor is OG, and Thibs isn't playing him or Randle at C. He doesn't fit unless Randle goes or he wants to be Bill Walton 6th man for us.

DLeethal

2/4/2024  1:31 PM
Call me crazy but I could see the FO trading Randle for him, in a world where they don't see themselves giving Randle the supermax in 2 years anyway. I don't approve of this message really, but it's possible.
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/4/2024  1:35 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Nalod wrote:“Infinite Horizon”…….Great line!

LeBron only works off the bench, or in Randle's spot. In a vacuum, he would be a freakin' ACE at Randle's current role as Brunson's #2 and a power playmaker. But he's not playing the 2, nor is OG, and Thibs isn't playing him or Randle at C. He doesn't fit unless Randle goes or he wants to be Bill Walton 6th man for us.

Lebron can play the 2. Not sure how to manage his minutes. Its a real long shot and mostly cuz he was here last night perhaps why its topical.
SAS is a hype machine so nothing he says is really much more than entertainment.

martin
USA
2/4/2024  2:33 PM
DLeethal wrote:Call me crazy but I could see the FO trading Randle for him, in a world where they don't see themselves giving Randle the supermax in 2 years anyway. I don't approve of this message really, but it's possible.

Maybe that’s what the Klutch-CAA talks were about, who knows

DLeethal

2/4/2024  2:46 PM
martin wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Call me crazy but I could see the FO trading Randle for him, in a world where they don't see themselves giving Randle the supermax in 2 years anyway. I don't approve of this message really, but it's possible.

I think based on LeBron's commentary he might be putting feelers out there. He has leverage with his contract. Knicks would be a clear suitor for him from his perspective, a legacy cementing move and doing what he loves to do which is team up with a young superstar.

From Knicks perspective, if you are looking at the next two years before Brunson's supermax, and you are not planning on giving Randle his supermax at 32, it is a move that makes some sense to make a 2 year run at it before retooling around Brunson again.

I don't love the idea, but I must say the thought of LeBron playing Randle's role and everything else largely staying the same is pretty damn salivating from a sheer basketball perspective.

martin
USA
2/4/2024  3:02 PM
DLeethal wrote:
martin wrote:

I think based on LeBron's commentary he might be putting feelers out there. He has leverage with his contract. Knicks would be a clear suitor for him from his perspective, a legacy cementing move and doing what he loves to do which is team up with a young superstar.

From Knicks perspective, if you are looking at the next two years before Brunson's supermax, and you are not planning on giving Randle his supermax at 32, it is a move that makes some sense to make a 2 year run at it before retooling around Brunson again.

I don't love the idea, but I must say the thought of LeBron playing Randle's role and everything else largely staying the same is pretty damn salivating from a sheer basketball perspective.

DLeethal, I am enjoying your thought process here.

In your mind, for this to work, what has to happen? And why?

Lakers, Knicks, Adam Silver (upcoming TV negotiation, draft control), CAA-Klutch.

The What and then the Why as to how each player in this interaction would benefit?

MS
Member: #724
2/4/2024  4:05 PM
Thankfully we didn’t do what we have always done which is bring in one sided one dimensional flawed talent.

Everyone on the roster has balls and is up for a fight and wants to get in the other teams ass. That’s what’s so encouraging is finding role guys that understand their roles like DDV, Hart, Mitch, McBride, IHart. Certainly all skilled talented guys, but few teams have as many players that just come to work and get after it.

If healthy we can win it this year. But they have to have Mitch, Grimes, Randle and OG ready. Randle had to be physical and hit hard.

ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/4/2024  4:11 PM
MS wrote:Thankfully we didn’t do what we have always done which is bring in one sided one dimensional flawed talent.

Everyone on the roster has balls and is up for a fight and wants to get in the other teams ass. That’s what’s so encouraging is finding role guys that understand their roles like DDV, Hart, Mitch, McBride, IHart. Certainly all skilled talented guys, but few teams have as many players that just come to work and get after it.

If healthy we can win it this year. But they have to have Mitch, Grimes, Randle and OG ready. Randle had to be physical and hit hard.

Your linguistic prowess is a symphony of sublime eloquence, a tapestry of lexicon woven with the finesse of a literary virtuoso. Your command of language transcends the ordinary, leaving an indelible imprint of linguistic splendor that resonates with the sheer brilliance of a thousand suns.

martin
USA
2/4/2024  4:17 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2024  4:18 PM
ToddTT wrote:
MS wrote:Thankfully we didn’t do what we have always done which is bring in one sided one dimensional flawed talent.

Your linguistic prowess is a symphony of sublime eloquence, a tapestry of lexicon woven with the finesse of a literary virtuoso. Your command of language transcends the ordinary, leaving an indelible imprint of linguistic splendor that resonates with the sheer brilliance of a thousand suns.

Your words have moved me and I’m about to strip down and go streaking! Who wants to join?

Do you feel me?

ToddTT
2/4/2024  4:36 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Your words have moved me and I’m about to strip down and go streaking! Who wants to join?

Do you feel me?

Dude you're gonna have to catch up to the rest of us. We're all bare-assed on the LIE, running in the HOV lane.

martin
USA
2/4/2024  4:45 PM
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Do you feel me?

Dude you're gonna have to catch up to the rest of us. We're all bare-assed on the LIE, running in the HOV lane.

Do NOT leave me behind, I’m a slow mover and shaker these day but I’m all in for the run woot!

ToddTT
2/4/2024  5:10 PM
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Do you feel me?

Do NOT leave me behind, I’m a slow mover and shaker these day but I’m all in for the run woot!

No worries… Papabear’s setting the pace.

BTW, bring some duct tape for his balls… he’s gonna put somebody’s eye out.

KEEPCAMBYNY
Member: #86
USA
2/4/2024  5:48 PM
I don't think the CAA/Klutch talks were about LeBron to NY. I think it was either about a DeJounte Murray trade or possibly an AD to NY trade. I think a Randle/Mitch with a pick or two is a fair deal for both sides especially considering AD's injury history. AD/Brunson would be like having Ewing/Clyde in their primes. We could win a chip if healthy, but having AD/OG stay healthy would be a serious concern. In regards to LeBron, we could simply use the Mavericks pick to draft his son to get him here. No way should we trade an all NBA/ all-star talent in Randle for him at this stage of his career.
I bleed orange and blue for life.
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/4/2024  7:01 PM
KEEPCAMBYNY wrote:I don't think the CAA/Klutch talks were about LeBron to NY. I think it was either about a DeJounte Murray trade or possibly an AD to NY trade. I think a Randle/Mitch with a pick or two is a fair deal for both sides especially considering AD's injury history. AD/Brunson would be like having Ewing/Clyde in their primes. We could win a chip if healthy, but having AD/OG stay healthy would be a serious concern. In regards to LeBron, we could simply use the Mavericks pick to draft his son to get him here. No way should we trade an all NBA/ all-star talent in Randle for him at this stage of his career.

I doubt it was about any particular player. There’s a ton of Klutch guys out there on the trade block. It was about having options at the deadline and going forward for both sides.

martin
USA
2/4/2024  7:14 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/4/2024  7:15 PM
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:
ToddTT wrote:

Do you feel me?

No worries… Papabear’s setting the pace.

BTW, bring some duct tape for his balls… he’s gonna put somebody’s eye out.

Probably his own eyes lol

Tell me what you think Can the Knicks win a championship with this team?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy