[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It took one man to turn this team around…
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/2/2024  6:40 PM
Jokes aside, Randle is the guy.

Without him, we're still a laughingstock, or years behind our current schedule.

Disagree if you want, but be prepared for a thumbs down, bitches.

AUTOADVERT
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/2/2024  6:48 PM
ToddTT wrote:Jokes aside, Randle is the guy.

Take it one step further and include Rose. He was like Morpheus. He planted the seed that sprouted into belief. Also Mook, who showed Randle, Mitch an RJ what being a dog meant. And Trae Young, who showed even though they got in the club, there were still higher floors to get too. And Scott Perry, whose textbook Shakespearean stabbing of Mills back led to the hiring of Rose. Also The Straight Shot, for acting as a buffer between Dolan and the team.

Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2024  6:49 PM
ToddTT wrote:Jokes aside, Randle is the guy [TO TRADE].

Fixed, I got you, sigh

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/2/2024  6:58 PM
martin wrote:

Fixed, I got you, sigh

Oh yeah. Absolutely. I thought that was implied.

martin
USA
2/2/2024  7:01 PM
ToddTT wrote:
martin wrote:

Fixed, I got you, sigh

Oh yeah. Absolutely. I thought that was implied.

Yeah, I should have known, my bad

martin
USA
2/2/2024  9:27 PM
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/3/2024  12:35 AM
Lets face it, If not for Isiah Thomas taking us to the depths of despair we'd never know what the bottom felt like.
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/3/2024  8:06 AM
Nalod wrote:Lets face it, If not for Isiah Thomas taking us to the depths of despair we'd never know what the bottom felt like.

We were getting there with Layden - Isiah just found a short cut!

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/3/2024  8:38 AM
Nalod wrote:Lets face it, If not for Isiah Thomas taking us to the depths of despair we'd never know what the bottom felt like.

tell that to Anucha Browne-Saunders

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
USA
2/3/2024  8:54 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:

I always defend Layden to the extent he was put in at the height of Dolans meddle era and was under instructions to starphuch by Dolan. The Mycdeyess injury was tragic. But………Layden was clearing cap letting Witherspoon and others contracts just expire. MOre importantly he was not trading picks!!!

It was Layden that pushed back on the marbury trade. It was on his desk when Isiah took over.
Layden was Dolans patsy. Remember Vin Baker recovering from alcohol addiction about the time Dolan was? There was this vision that an in shape and healthy front line if Dyess at SF, baker at PF and Mutumbo in the middle. Never happend as perhaps hoped.

Isiah was Rasputin filling Dolans head with ideas. Very bad ideas as it turned out.

If DOlan let Layden alone perhaps history might have been different? Layden is credited with having to unwind the Ewing debacle but SHandon and Eisley did not step up to prime time as he might have hoped.

Dolan wanted Magic Johnson and when he refused (thank goodness) he recommended Isiah.

Isiah impatience and applying Leverage to dump contracts with picks and taking on salary that was 40% higher than the next team in the infamous 23 win season was an epic colossal failure, Perhaps no team spent for so little in the history of the NBA!

Layden was bought in to transform Earnies modern team back to the JVG slog it out team and thus fell behind the times. Then Jeff quit. Don Chaney, a former COY did a reasonable job given what he had. Since we went now where after Isiah idiocy of firing in the most embarrassing manor on the Letterman show, and botching up negotiations with Fratello only to hire Lenny who was an afterthought to reduce Isiah’s public humiliation

fitzfarm
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #3285

2/3/2024  9:47 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/3/2024  9:50 AM
Nalod wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

I always defend Layden to the extent he was put in at the height of Dolans meddle era and was under instructions to starphuch by Dolan. The Mycdeyess injury was tragic. But………Layden was clearing cap letting Witherspoon and others contracts just expire. MOre importantly he was not trading picks!!!

It was Layden that pushed back on the marbury trade. It was on his desk when Isiah took over.
Layden was Dolans patsy. Remember Vin Baker recovering from alcohol addiction about the time Dolan was? There was this vision that an in shape and healthy front line if Dyess at SF, baker at PF and Mutumbo in the middle. Never happend as perhaps hoped.

Isiah was Rasputin filling Dolans head with ideas. Very bad ideas as it turned out.

If DOlan let Layden alone perhaps history might have been different? Layden is credited with having to unwind the Ewing debacle but SHandon and Eisley did not step up to prime time as he might have hoped.

Dolan wanted Magic Johnson and when he refused (thank goodness) he recommended Isiah.

Isiah impatience and applying Leverage to dump contracts with picks and taking on salary that was 40% higher than the next team in the infamous 23 win season was an epic colossal failure, Perhaps no team spent for so little in the history of the NBA!

Layden was bought in to transform Earnies modern team back to the JVG slog it out team and thus fell behind the times. Then Jeff quit. Don Chaney, a former COY did a reasonable job given what he had. Since we went now where after Isiah idiocy of firing in the most embarrassing manor on the Letterman show, and botching up negotiations with Fratello only to hire Lenny who was an afterthought to reduce Isiah’s public humiliation

Do we have to walk down memory lane? Those were the worst years to be a Knicks fan, trading Ewing for glen freakin rice was the start of the downfall/curse and the bad juju kept coming even when we traded all of our homegrown talent and a team that freshly made the playoffs with STAT to get a quote on quote “super star” Melo which if you can remember Walsh lost his job over because he refused to ruin what he build for a player like melo. Those years after the ECF run were rough with no hope in sight. The melo trade was franchise crushing

Man I don’t even want to think about that sH it anymore . This is the best Knicks roster I’ve ever seen and if you look at all the NYC run franchises as of right now the Knicks are the best run organization in NY. This team healthy can win a chip, and I think the whole sports world is on notice !

Let’s go Knicks !!

martin
USA
2/3/2024  10:45 AM
fitzfarm wrote:
Nalod wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:

Do we have to walk down memory lane? Those were the worst years to be a Knicks fan, trading Ewing for glen freakin rice was the start of the downfall/curse and the bad juju kept coming even when we traded all of our homegrown talent and a team that freshly made the playoffs with STAT to get a quote on quote “super star” Melo which if you can remember Walsh lost his job over because he refused to ruin what he build for a player like melo. Those years after the ECF run were rough with no hope in sight. The melo trade was franchise crushing

Man I don’t even want to think about that sH it anymore . This is the best Knicks roster I’ve ever seen and if you look at all the NYC run franchises as of right now the Knicks are the best run organization in NY. This team healthy can win a chip, and I think the whole sports world is on notice !

Let’s go Knicks !!

fitzfarm, the more effective response is: Nalod! More meds! Or less meds!!

One of the 2 🤣😂😉

Nalod
USA
2/3/2024  11:24 AM
Maybe its the meds I need to cut back on???
martin
USA
2/3/2024  11:44 AM
Nalod wrote:Maybe its the meds I need to cut back on???

We love you just the way you are Nalod!!! Don’t change!

It took one man to turn this team around…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy