[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

It took one man to turn this team around…
Author Thread
ToddTT
Alba Posts: 52
Member: #105
2/1/2024  11:23 PM
AUTOADVERT
Knixkik
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #11
USA
2/2/2024  7:47 AM
One of the richest men in sports got cheap at the wrong time.
franco12
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #599
USA
2/2/2024  8:15 AM
He didn’t get cheap, he just didn’t see the talent. I know I did, although not to this extent. I knew he would blossom in NY and be good value for his contract, but not this MVP level he is playing at.

I mean, getting punched in the face and then getting up, eye almost closed, getting mentally together (Randle would have gotten a T and still been beefing with the Refs) and going down the other end and scoring with an and 1.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

2/2/2024  8:20 AM
I was just complaining about this asshat

He’s wrong on KP — twice
He’s wrong on Brunson
He’s wrong on Steve ****ing Nash
He’s more meddlesome than Dolan ever was

Yet

He has a ****ing championship, had Dirk, haddock Luka. How is it even remotely close to fair that he’s made the money he has off the team, gets to keep operating it after selling it, and has a championship? Like wtf basketball gods

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
2/2/2024  8:52 AM
franco12 wrote:He didn’t get cheap, he just didn’t see the talent. I know I did, although not to this extent. I knew he would blossom in NY and be good value for his contract, but not this MVP level he is playing at.

I mean, getting punched in the face and then getting up, eye almost closed, getting mentally together (Randle would have gotten a T and still been beefing with the Refs) and going down the other end and scoring with an and 1.

This time 2 years ago I started many threads about Brunson being a perfect PG for this team. Although I saw him as more of a game manager. Better scoring version of tyus jones. No one could have ever predicted this.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2024  9:07 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:I was just complaining about this asshat

He's wrong on KP — twice
He's wrong on Brunson
He's wrong on Steve ****ing Nash
He's more meddlesome than Dolan ever was

Yet

He has a ****ing championship, had Dirk, haddock Luka. How is it even remotely close to fair that he's made the money he has off the team, gets to keep operating it after selling it, and has a championship? Like wtf basketball gods

His execs behaved bad and there was the sexual harrassment thing in his org.
To be fair, someone made the smart call to trade Tractor Trayler pick for Dirk pick.
To be fair, Nash was 30 and had a bad back.
To be fair, they did not hire Isiah.
And yeah, he has a chip.

Seeing Jalen who will be all NBA and could be top 5 MVP has to hurt but my goodness nobody saw this coming.

Last night vs. Indy was some real MVP kind of playing. Even whined and complained about the calls which was not looking good for a while.

Maybe, just a bit, he earned not just an allstar bid but an Oscar for some calls? His hit to forehead looked a bit over done on replay. Granted he did the necessary leg in pain kick but I thought it cost the game at the moment.
But, it didn’t cuz this guy is proving to be special. Refs did few favors last night.

While we here, Haliburton has all the makings of the next Villian/Douche? The yelling in DDV face? The animation and over styling on his passes?

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/2/2024  10:26 AM
franco12 wrote:He didn’t get cheap, he just didn’t see the talent. I know I did, although not to this extent. I knew he would blossom in NY and be good value for his contract, but not this MVP level he is playing at.

Leadership by example...it truly influences the entire team. It's magic!

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2024  10:37 AM
Moonangie wrote:

Leadership by example...it truly influences the entire team. It's magic!

Give randle some cred. He has toned it down this year A LOT! Body language is better. He still loses his **** but lessor.

Jalen seems more animated this year. Maybe wearing a bit more emotion rallies the team more?
When he want down and they scored that easy bucket I was ok with effort but shorthanded it would have been an ok loss.
He really elevated above it in short order. His post game interview was too much for him.

Such a great story and his pops is right there on the bench. If its a good relationship its a dads dream!

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
2/2/2024  10:55 AM
Brunson was destined to be here. Knicks fought it by not drafting him we should have. Fought it again by not adding him to the KP trade. But in the end coming to where he belongs was inevitable. Finishing that finals run his pops was apart of (moral support practice warrior).

All I know is I called it and said the Knicks should trade 2 2nds for Brunson 2.5 years ago going into his final year with the Mavs since it looked like they wouldn't be able to keep him. I was told that Mavs wouldn't trade him for 2 2nds.

Well jokes on those that said that, cuz he only cost us one 2nd(tampering)

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/2/2024  10:56 AM
I give Rick Brunson credit for a) being a Knick b) making Jalen of course c) getting hired here. Thibs also deserves a ton of credit. He's been in Jalen's life pretty much the entire time. You read stories of a 6 year old Jalen hanging around those 90s teams. He was born to be a Knick and so many things had to happen just right for it to come true. They will write a book about this journey one day.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2024  11:05 AM
newyorknewyork wrote:Brunson was destined to be here. Knicks fought it by not drafting him we should have. Fought it again by not adding him to the KP trade. But in the end coming to where he belongs was inevitable. Finishing that finals run his pops was apart of (moral support practice warrior).

All I know is I called it and said the Knicks should trade 2 2nds for Brunson 2.5 years ago going into his final year with the Mavs since it looked like they wouldn't be able to keep him. I was told that Mavs wouldn't trade him for 2 2nds.

Well jokes on those that said that, cuz he only cost us one 2nd(tampering)

OMG this is so good

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/2/2024  12:46 PM
Based on the view of the Knicks for pretty much the past two decades plus, I am not clowning any other teams….

Grateful though!

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/2/2024  3:25 PM
Honestly, Randle turned it around. He got us 10 games over .500 by himself, playing with a bunch of dudes who aren't even in the league a couple years later, and made us respectable again. Brunson took it to a level that Randle wouldn't be able to do as the #1 guy though.
KnickDanger

2/2/2024  4:07 PM
DLeethal wrote:Honestly, Randle turned it around. He got us 10 games over .500 by himself, playing with a bunch of dudes who aren't even in the league a couple years later, and made us respectable again. Brunson took it to a level that Randle wouldn't be able to do as the #1 guy though.

It's no one thing of course but the much regretted at the time KP trade (to Dallas natch) created the cap space to get Randle plus the draft picks (one still to come). And so forth. A few bumps on the way and here we are. Most fun in forever.

TheMTL
Member: #9140

2/2/2024  4:24 PM
Brunson took us to the next level, but Julius Randle is the one who started all this. We struck out in free agency and had Morris, Randle, & Portis. Little did we know he would go onto make two All-NBA teans and 3x allstar. And put us in the conversation to even get guys like Brunson, OG, etc.
KnickDanger

2/2/2024  4:51 PM
TheMTL wrote:Brunson took us to the next level, but Julius Randle is the one who started all this. We struck out in free agency and had Morris, Randle, & Portis. Little did we know he would go onto make two All-NBA teans and 3x allstar. And put us in the conversation to even get guys like Brunson, OG, etc.

The amount of abuse taken by the organization for not signing KD and Kyrie and “settling“ for Randle was pathetic (of course you can hear those same voices now as they climb on the bandwagon). Think what you want in term of their talent, but those two trashed a franchise while Randle has been a major part of restoring one.

blkexec
Member: #748
2/2/2024  4:57 PM
LEON ROSE

Put some respect on his name

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
blkexec
Member: #748
2/2/2024  4:58 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  5:12 PM
blkexec wrote:LEON ROSE

Theres no Brunson without Rose.

Born in Brooklyn, Raised in Queens, Lives in Maryland. The future is bright, I'm a Knicks fan for life!
KnickDanger

2/2/2024  5:06 PM
blkexec wrote:
blkexec wrote:LEON ROSE

There no Brunson without Rose.

So far his crowning achievement among several. He is absolutely the point man.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2024  6:09 PM
DLeethal wrote:Honestly, Randle turned it around. He got us 10 games over .500 by himself, playing with a bunch of dudes who aren't even in the league a couple years later, and made us respectable again. Brunson took it to a level that Randle wouldn't be able to do as the #1 guy though.

100%

IMHO Thibs, staff, and FO just as important.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
It took one man to turn this team around…

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy