[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

2 deal or not 2 deal????????????
Author Thread
diderotn
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #650
USA
11/24/2004  11:52 AM
Isiah is pretty aware of what he has to do to improve our squad. He knows that we need a center, and he is searching for a young stud that can come in and take care of business. A few teams are looking to trade the young big boys that they have drafted 3 or 4 years ago, I.E., the Wiz (Kwame Brown), Chica (Chandler, Curry), Denver (Nene). The Wiz has been playing very well since the acquisition of Jamison, and they are doing all of that with Kwame on the injured list. Once he returns, they will have to find a spot for him. We all know that Kwam and Arenas don't really get along. With Jamison at the PF position, they appear to be on the right track. Kwame will need a new contract and the Wiz may not agree to pay him what he is looking for. Personally, after following Kwame career, I don't think that he has what it takes to be a force in this league, but would any of you consider dealing for Kwame as a young Center for the Knicks??

In my opinion, Nene is the better player out of all of them. Chandler can be good with Marburry and Crawf dishing the ball to him also, but with his physical issues, should we consider adding him to our squad??
The true Knickabocker..........
AUTOADVERT
Bonn1997
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #581
USA
11/24/2004  11:58 AM
I love how Kurt's playing, but we're in this for the long-term goal of winning a championship. If you can trade a 32 yr old whose stock is probably the highest it will ever be for a young stud like Kwame or Nene or Curry, you have to do it. If you replace Kurt with one of those guys, the result would be either (a) you ended up taking one step backward because those never become as good as Kurt OR (b) you ended up taking dozens of steps forward if those guys reach their potential or anything close to it. That's a gamble I'll take!

[Edited by - Bonn1997 on 11/24/2004 11:59:10]
TMS
Alba Posts: 617
Member: #674
USA
11/24/2004  12:38 PM
as long as we have Sweetney as a backup plan, i trade KT in a heartbeat for any of those guys you mentioned.
After 7 years & 40K+ posts, banned by martin for calling Nalod a 'moron'. Awesome.
technomaster
Member: #426
USA
11/24/2004  12:51 PM
Hrm... I'm not sure Isiah knows what we need... With Nazr performing like a stud, do we really need an upgrade at center (at least at starting center)?

Based on the last 5 games or so, only a handful of centers are playing better. Would we want to pursue Alonzo Mourning as his backup? Do we need a Jerome James-style stiff, or is Sundov enough?

We could probably use a little more size at backup PF/C, though technically we still have the 6'11" Vin Baker playing spotty minutes and the wide body of Sweetney playing big backup mins. What would you consider better?

I'd say our biggest generic need is a low post player. I'm not sure Sweetney is ready for that role. We just need someone who can catch the ball inside to open things up for our guards.

The only position that could use a clear starting upgrade is SF--- TT has stunk up the joint, but we've gotten excellent performances off the bench from Jerome Williams, Ariza, and Penny. Any of these guys could probably start, but Ariza is the only one w/ crazy upside. If you see him as the SF of the future, we're golden.
“That was two, two from the heart.” - John Starks
fishmike
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #298
USA
11/24/2004  1:46 PM
the best thing is to do nothing right now. Build some chemistry and most important some wins. This isnt a good trading year anyhow. We have good players and good depth. Our goal should be winning the division and advancing in the playoffs. Then addressing our needs in the offseason with our first round draft pick and Nazr, TT and Penny's expiring deals to work possible trades or sign and trades.
"winning is more fun... then fun is fun" -Thibs
OasisBU
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #257
USA
11/24/2004  1:55 PM
Question for you:

Since when has Kwame Brown actually shown he is officially a stud? HE has done nothing. I think we seem to believe the hype of the #1 pick, the fact that Jordan picked him, and the belief that he has tremendous upside - but is he a Jermain Oneil waiting to happen or is he a Charles Smith?
"If at first you don't succeed, then maybe you just SUCK." Kenny Powers
fishmike
USA
11/24/2004  2:11 PM
Kwame has ata least shown flashes. He hasnt been able to stay healthy, and thats a big concern. This would be a good situtation. He wouldnt need to be a 20/10 player here. Just play hard and team oriented ball. We have great guards that can get him easy looks.
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/24/2004  2:53 PM
Posted by OasisBU:

Question for you:

Since when has Kwame Brown actually shown he is officially a stud? HE has done nothing. I think we seem to believe the hype of the #1 pick, the fact that Jordan picked him, and the belief that he has tremendous upside - but is he a Jermain Oneil waiting to happen or is he a Charles Smith?

I'm with you. He's been around long enuf that some of that "potential" should have been realized already.

BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/24/2004  3:01 PM
Unless something radically bad happens, I would not consider trading KT this season. In sports, when you have a chance to go for it, you take the chance. We can re-evaluate after the season-because at some point his age will have to be addressed, but right now I think Im looking at upgrading the 3. I cannot trust TT and I know that isiah and the management dont like him[atleast not anymore] yet are forced to use him. I am willing to trade Sweetney. We have a number 1 pick in a draft year where there will be a staple of solid PF's. But if I trade Sweetney, I want back a Donyell Marshall and i want to get rid of moochie norris--that type of thing. With that draft pick, I dont feel like Im trading young for old. I feel like I am going for it right now, without taking on massive salaries. I can move TT to back up PF.

Perhaps something like
Sweetney
Norris
to Toronto
Marshall
Mosio to
NY

Marshall unrestricted FA--Raptors may not want to lose him for nothing+they could use Sweetney
RIP Crushalot😞
fishmike
USA
11/24/2004  3:03 PM
I'm pretty sure thats what Portland thought about Jermaine Oneil after 4 years. Look for yourself

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3120/career
BRIGGS
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #303
11/24/2004  3:05 PM
Posted by Panos:

[quote]Posted by OasisBU:

Question for you:

I would trade KT for Brown right now, but the wizards will not trade him. they already said they would match any offer for him. the guy is nearly 7-1 260 pounds now. hes going to be the starting C IMHO with haywood and Thomas of the bench. they have a solid squad when it all comes together.
RIP Crushalot😞
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
11/24/2004  3:08 PM
Posted by fishmike:

I'm pretty sure thats what Portland thought about Jermaine Oneil after 4 years. Look for yourself

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/3120/career

I'll give you that.
Rich
Alba Posts: 6
Member: #511
USA
11/24/2004  3:19 PM
A young athletic C puts this team in a position to contend for a title, if not this year, then next.
PhilinLA
Member: #696
11/24/2004  3:26 PM
Get Curry.
http://amonthhoffundays.blogspot.com/ We got a ringer.
2 deal or not 2 deal????????????

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy