[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 2/1/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Pacers
Author Thread
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

2/2/2024  10:31 AM
EwingPSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Wow, I have not been as pumped after a game as last night in a looooong time. Something about this game just felt like an intense rivalry for some reason. I wanted to smack Haliburton from the opening tip and everything about them pissed me off. I really can't believe we pulled that off, seemed we were gonna be a handful of points down from start to finish, felt like we just didn't have enough, reminded me of watching Melo play in the playoffs with Billy Walker and Jared Jeffries. But damn, this team is just amazing. Deuce is a complete stud, iHart just toyed with Miles Turner, Precious was lockdown on Siakam. IDK why but I'm just so happy for Precious. This might be the highlight of his career when it's all said and done, filling in admirably for Randle during this special winning streak like that. Get serenaded with cheers at the Garden, playing 40+ mins and making game winning plays. Who knows - just felt really good to watch his quiet self roar with iHart like that after sealing the game.

Brunson got the Jordan rules last night and still dropped 40. This dude is legit unstoppable.

We need to get some reinforcements back in here, but in the meantime this is enjoyable AF. Reminds me of the Linsanity run in a lot of ways, where we are shorthanded but winning with sheer grit and special, special point guard play.

I talked **** about Precious but hey I'm wrong. I remember thinking he looked like a decent player but it didn't happen with the Raptor and it seemed like all their fans thought he was terrible. Even though I hadn't seen him much I wrote him off a little b/c it hadn't happened and Raptor fans were so negative about him. He is playing super hard and making a real impact. I'm with ya, he is an easy guy to feel good for. I feel really good for Deuce too. He deserves this opportunity and he has been awesome. Brunson is an MVP candidate. Let's start being real about him. He's that good. Really ugly game and they got fortunate in some ways but whatever they were so short-handed that they still should have lost and probably lost by 10+. you can't take anything for granted against the Knicks. They destroyed them on the glass in the 4th quarter and when Hali went to the bench and the pace of the game died they locked in. It was an effort win. Getting effort wins while shooting poorly against a pretty good NBA team that isn't playing terribly is ****ing impressive.

Yea it almost feels like Precious was super down on himself, his career was on ice, everyone was writing him off. Randle gets hurt and he gets a chance to fill in. Now he's playing 40 mins, shadowing the other teams best player down the stretch, making game winning plays as Madison Square Garden while the crowd is going wild for him. You could see the emotion pouring out of him when he let out that roar. That was special.

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal

2/2/2024  10:33 AM
Moonangie wrote:It's amazing what leadership by example can do for a team. JB does not need to be a barker. He's calm, cool and collected...and shows everyone around him how to win. This team is special. What a fantastic win last night. Indy is legit. But 60 boards?!?!? 24 offensive?!?!? Now that is gritty af!!

It def helps to have his homies from Nova too. They know him better than anyone, I think everyone is able to following their lead in how to blend around Brunson on the court and in the lockeroom/practice/etc.

Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/2/2024  10:33 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:I hope everyone has made their peace with the Obi draft. If we draft Haliburton, we probably don't get Brunson and the Nova Knicks.

I love this team and I love the new culture.

Feel the ones blaming Knicks for pick were not being reasonable.
Obi was considered a top pick. Crazy physical measures. The BPA at the slot.
Hali weighed 94 pounds wet and had an ugly jumper
Only thing that can be said is that the Knicks were in desperate need of a PG.
But we all know how much Thibs likes young inexperienced point guards.
Okay with the pic, just disappointed the way it worked out

While Haliburton has become a very good player, his in game antics make me think he is too immature to lead a team. Let's wait and see how he leads his squad in the playoffs through adversity. I'd rather have Brunson. At this point I'm only looking forward. The dark days are behind us.

DLeethal

2/2/2024  10:36 AM
Rookie wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
MaTT4281 wrote:I hope everyone has made their peace with the Obi draft. If we draft Haliburton, we probably don't get Brunson and the Nova Knicks.

While Haliburton has become a very good player, his in game antics make me think he is too immature to lead a team. Let's wait and see how he leads his squad in the playoffs through adversity. I'd rather have Brunson. At this point I'm only looking forward. The dark days are behind us.

He's a very punchable player. I think we've found our new Reggie Miller tbh. The narrative is really good with him. Knicks passed on him in the draft and even on the Kings he talked **** about it, tried to make us pay every time out there. Now there is the Brunson vs Hali storyline, where it seems Hali is becoming the darling PG of the NBA and Brunson is the underdog. Two ascending teams, lots of history. Fuck Haliburton.

Rookie

2/2/2024  10:43 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

He's a very punchable player. I think we've found our new Reggie Miller tbh. The narrative is really good with him. Knicks passed on him in the draft and even on the Kings he talked **** about it, tried to make us pay every time out there. Now there is the Brunson vs Hali storyline, where it seems Hali is becoming the darling PG of the NBA and Brunson is the underdog. Two ascending teams, lots of history. Fuck Haliburton.

Exactly. We'll have to wait and see if this will become a rivalry. Right now it's only a rivalry in one guys head.

Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2024  10:44 AM
DLeethal wrote:
Cookdcokehop wrote:Brunson is MVP

There is a world where the Knicks get the 2nd seed, Embiid falls out of the MVP race, and Brunson's stock skyrockets if he keeps this team at the top while Randle is out. Just saying

Randle out and we keep up this kind of pace he will get some votes. Jokic is basically carrying the Nuggs and will get votes. Donic might not make the 65 game min due to injury or Tech suspension?
Jalen is top 5 thus far for sure. Yes, might have a chance!
Boston with its top two dilutes its clarity for Tatum to get it. Brown is having a very good season and they might be splitting its votes. Usually best teams best player gets the award or a player with statistical dominance.

Embiid body betrays his talent. He has defied this for a few years now and as he gets older it won’t get easier.
Media likes to fuel his Leon relationship and create a buzz to us. If there is a window with it still might be worth cashing in chips for that two year peak.

DLeethal

2/2/2024  10:48 AM
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Exactly. We'll have to wait and see if this will become a rivalry. Right now it's only a rivalry in one guys head.

yea, we need some playoff series for that. Hawks unfortunately faded into nonexistence so the Trae stuff never really built up. If we face Cleveland or Miami again in the playoffs I think that will be nice towards building up a legit rivalry. Indiana is probably a couple years away - need more wars against them.

SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/2/2024  11:04 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  11:07 AM
There is no way the media would ever vote Brunson as the MVP. There is a huge bias and hate and doubt against him and I don't know why. Is it cause he's a NYK? All you hear up until recently, is how he isn't good enough, how the Knicks don't have a super star, a 1A, how a 6'2" guard cannot be your lead guy, blah blah blah. BUT KEEP DOUBTING!!! YOU'RE ALL GOING TO EAT YOUR WORDS AND LOOK STUPID WHEN HE'S LEFT HOLDING THAT TROPHY!!! YEAH I SAID IT!!!

OK I'm going overboard and thinking crazy but that's what Brunson is doing to me. Had the same vibes with Eli.

martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/2/2024  11:06 AM
nycericanguy wrote:This team is really something else, we might not be favorites to win it all, but we have a punchers shot and no one would want to play us. We had no business winning these games without all these guys. Our team defense is just on another level right now.

that being said we really need OG back, we are very thin without him.

TDR version: We here

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
SergioNYK
Member: #333
USA
2/2/2024  11:09 AM
martin wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:This team is really something else, we might not be favorites to win it all, but we have a punchers shot and no one would want to play us. We had no business winning these games without all these guys. Our team defense is just on another level right now.

that being said we really need OG back, we are very thin without him.

TDR version: We here

I know Brunson will get the majority of the credit as he should, he was UNFUCKINGSTOPPABLE but this was a team win. We held the highest scoring team to 69 points after the first quarter and outrebounded them 60 to 44 including 24 offensive rebounds. Outstanding job by Thibs and this entire group.

martin
USA
2/2/2024  11:16 AM
DLeethal wrote:
EwingPSD wrote:
DLeethal wrote:Wow, I have not been as pumped after a game as last night in a looooong time. Something about this game just felt like an intense rivalry for some reason. I wanted to smack Haliburton from the opening tip and everything about them pissed me off. I really can't believe we pulled that off, seemed we were gonna be a handful of points down from start to finish, felt like we just didn't have enough, reminded me of watching Melo play in the playoffs with Billy Walker and Jared Jeffries. But damn, this team is just amazing. Deuce is a complete stud, iHart just toyed with Miles Turner, Precious was lockdown on Siakam. IDK why but I'm just so happy for Precious. This might be the highlight of his career when it's all said and done, filling in admirably for Randle during this special winning streak like that. Get serenaded with cheers at the Garden, playing 40+ mins and making game winning plays. Who knows - just felt really good to watch his quiet self roar with iHart like that after sealing the game.

Brunson got the Jordan rules last night and still dropped 40. This dude is legit unstoppable.

We need to get some reinforcements back in here, but in the meantime this is enjoyable AF. Reminds me of the Linsanity run in a lot of ways, where we are shorthanded but winning with sheer grit and special, special point guard play.

I talked **** about Precious but hey I'm wrong. I remember thinking he looked like a decent player but it didn't happen with the Raptor and it seemed like all their fans thought he was terrible. Even though I hadn't seen him much I wrote him off a little b/c it hadn't happened and Raptor fans were so negative about him. He is playing super hard and making a real impact. I'm with ya, he is an easy guy to feel good for. I feel really good for Deuce too. He deserves this opportunity and he has been awesome. Brunson is an MVP candidate. Let's start being real about him. He's that good. Really ugly game and they got fortunate in some ways but whatever they were so short-handed that they still should have lost and probably lost by 10+. you can't take anything for granted against the Knicks. They destroyed them on the glass in the 4th quarter and when Hali went to the bench and the pace of the game died they locked in. It was an effort win. Getting effort wins while shooting poorly against a pretty good NBA team that isn't playing terribly is ****ing impressive.

Yea it almost feels like Precious was super down on himself, his career was on ice, everyone was writing him off. Randle gets hurt and he gets a chance to fill in. Now he's playing 40 mins, shadowing the other teams best player down the stretch, making game winning plays as Madison Square Garden while the crowd is going wild for him. You could see the emotion pouring out of him when he let out that roar. That was special.

You are spot on. Precious is also in a contract year, and kudos for him stepping up big time. Deserving no matter how it came about.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/2/2024  11:41 AM
Not quite on the Precious train yet, but obviously happy he's been playing well these last few games. Our whole identity is play tough, play physical, crash the boards, and hustle! He's buying in and fitting in seamlessly next to iHart and Hart. Good enough for me, I'll cheer for that no matter how psychotic a roar you got!

But I'm not sure he does enough, well enough, to make me a long term buyer (DEFINITELY don't want him to be the one taking those 3s in crunch time like last night). I'm interested in seeing how the rest of this Randle-less audition goes.

If we could flip him while the value is peaking, I still would.

MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/2/2024  11:47 AM
BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

2/2/2024  12:47 PM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  12:49 PM
I had resigned myself to thinking the Knicks were going to lose last night. They couldn't buy a three and their shooting was off most of the night. I stuck with the game because I know they fight to the finish and tend to play well in the last half of the 4th qtr...and did they ever. They were warriors out there fighting like it was a matter of life and death and just wouldn't concede a loss. How can a Knicks' fan be anything other than over the top with excitement right now?
martin
USA
2/2/2024  12:57 PM
BingBong wrote:I had resigned myself to thinking the Knicks were going to lose last night. They couldn't buy a three and their shooting was off most of the night. I stuck with the game because I know they fight to the finish and tend to play well in the last half of the 4th qtr...and did they ever. They were warriors out there fighting like it was a matter of life and death and just wouldn't concede a loss. How can a Knicks' fan be anything other than over the top with excitement right now?

50 years of un-therapy-ed PTSD?

Have you not met us?

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/2/2024  2:15 PM
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

yea, we need some playoff series for that. Hawks unfortunately faded into nonexistence so the Trae stuff never really built up. If we face Cleveland or Miami again in the playoffs I think that will be nice towards building up a legit rivalry. Indiana is probably a couple years away - need more wars against them.

I would not be so flippant about the Pacers. I would worry about them. Halliburton id dangerous and you don't know which way a 7 game series would go. Especially if they are punching JB in the face.

Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
2/2/2024  2:17 PM
MaTT4281 wrote:Not quite on the Precious train yet, but obviously happy he's been playing well these last few games. Our whole identity is play tough, play physical, crash the boards, and hustle! He's buying in and fitting in seamlessly next to iHart and Hart. Good enough for me, I'll cheer for that no matter how psychotic a roar you got!

But I'm not sure he does enough, well enough, to make me a long term buyer (DEFINITELY don't want him to be the one taking those 3s in crunch time like last night). I'm interested in seeing how the rest of this Randle-less audition goes.

If we could flip him while the value is peaking, I still would.

I'm definitely happy to have him come off the bench as a backup PF. He doesn't need to shoot 3's. But he's a capable backup. He's no stiff nor a knucklehead and can stand in just fine.

KnickDanger
Member: #7578

2/2/2024  2:17 PM
Panos wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I would not be so flippant about the Pacers. I would worry about them. Halliburton id dangerous and you don't know which way a 7 game series would go. Especially if they are punching JB in the face.

Eastern Conference is a war zone.

Rookie

2/2/2024  2:25 PM
martin wrote:
BingBong wrote:I had resigned myself to thinking the Knicks were going to lose last night. They couldn't buy a three and their shooting was off most of the night. I stuck with the game because I know they fight to the finish and tend to play well in the last half of the 4th qtr...and did they ever. They were warriors out there fighting like it was a matter of life and death and just wouldn't concede a loss. How can a Knicks' fan be anything other than over the top with excitement right now?

50 years of un-therapy-ed PTSD?

Have you not met us?

Mr Bong, it's time to lay that burden down. The Knicks are for real this time. Exhibit 1 - Knicks complete the comeback and close out those fools instead of mounting the fake comeback that we perfected in years past.

DLeethal

2/2/2024  3:19 PM
Panos wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
Rookie wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

I'm not flippant at all, they are really good. I'm just saying it will take some playoff battles to form a rivalry. We already have a playoff battle against CLE and MIA so we have a head start with them.

[Game Thread 2/1/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Pacers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy