[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

[Game Thread 2/1/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Pacers
Author Thread
BigDaddyG
Alba Posts: 9
Member: #3049

2/1/2024  11:16 PM
Always... always remember: Less is less. More is more. More is better and twice as much is good too. Not enough is bad, and too much is never enough except when it's just about right. - The Tick
AUTOADVERT
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/2/2024  2:56 AM
15 - 2 since the Precious trade.
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/2/2024  6:49 AM
LivingLegend wrote:- Watching Precious rebound & defend is very enjoyable - 16 boards, 4 steals, 2 blocks & clamps on Pascal
- I-Hart 19 boars and 6 assists- Turner invisible
- JALEN
- Deuce - so proud
- Donte no fear
- J-Hart on an RJ like clanking streak but at least 14 boards

When he jumped between that guys legs to get the steal I went nuts. So did he.

This is the Randle.
HofstraBBall
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #6192

2/2/2024  7:00 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  7:12 AM
nycericanguy wrote:DDV showing why he's not a 30+mpg player, 38 min, 8 for 26, not a single FT. Thibs doesn't get enough credit for how he uses guys. DDV is a perfect 24-28mpg guy. IQ was perfect in same role, Obi was perfect in 15-20.. you start playing these guys more and asking them to do more and they start to get exposed a bit.

Short memory.
What do you call the 39 min 33/5/4 the previous game vs Utah and
the 28/6/5 42 min game before that? In which he shot 46% from THREE?

Started off hot last night but took a few too many long threes. Still hit some big baskets to keep us close. But your saying Thibs should keep him at 20? Smh.

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

2/2/2024  7:11 AM
HofstraBBall wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:DDV showing why he's not a 30+mpg player, 38 min, 8 for 26, not a single FT. Thibs doesn't get enough credit for how he uses guys. DDV is a perfect 24-28mpg guy. IQ was perfect in same role, Obi was perfect in 15-20.. you start playing these guys more and asking them to do more and they start to get exposed a bit.

Short memory.

Started off hot last night but took a few too many long threes. Still hit some big baskets to keep us close. But your saying Thibs should keep him at 20? Smh

thats what you made up from my post?

HofstraBBall

2/2/2024  7:17 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  7:55 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:

Short memory.

Started off hot last night but took a few too many long threes. Still hit some big baskets to keep us close. But your saying Thibs should keep him at 20? Smh

thats what you made up from my post?

Your first sentence was "Devo is showing why he is not a 30mpg player" I disagreed.
"You play these guys more minutes and they get exposed" Devo has not been exposed since Randle went down and playing over 30. He had a tick down in 3pt shooting last night, that's all.

What did I misunderstand?

'Knicks focus should be on players that have grown up playing soccer or cricket' - Triplethreat 8/28/2020
MaTT4281
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #538
USA
2/2/2024  7:20 AM
I hope everyone has made their peace with the Obi draft. If we draft Haliburton, we probably don't get Brunson and the Nova Knicks.

I love this team and I love the new culture.

nycericanguy

2/2/2024  7:32 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  7:32 AM
This team is really something else, we might not be favorites to win it all, but we have a punchers shot and no one would want to play us. We had no business winning these games without all these guys. Our team defense is just on another level right now.

that being said we really need OG back, we are very thin without him.

HofstraBBall

2/2/2024  8:03 AM
MaTT4281 wrote:I hope everyone has made their peace with the Obi draft. If we draft Haliburton, we probably don't get Brunson and the Nova Knicks.

I love this team and I love the new culture.

Feel the ones blaming Knicks for pick were not being reasonable.
Obi was considered a top pick. Crazy physical measures. The BPA at the slot.
Hali weighed 94 pounds wet and had an ugly jumper
Only thing that can be said is that the Knicks were in desperate need of a PG.
But we all know how much Thibs likes young inexperienced point guards.
Okay with the pic, just disappointed the way it worked out

DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/2/2024  8:43 AM
Wow, I have not been as pumped after a game as last night in a looooong time. Something about this game just felt like an intense rivalry for some reason. I wanted to smack Haliburton from the opening tip and everything about them pissed me off. I really can't believe we pulled that off, seemed we were gonna be a handful of points down from start to finish, felt like we just didn't have enough, reminded me of watching Melo play in the playoffs with Billy Walker and Jared Jeffries. But damn, this team is just amazing. Deuce is a complete stud, iHart just toyed with Miles Turner, Precious was lockdown on Siakam. IDK why but I'm just so happy for Precious. This might be the highlight of his career when it's all said and done, filling in admirably for Randle during this special winning streak like that. Get serenaded with cheers at the Garden, playing 40+ mins and making game winning plays. Who knows - just felt really good to watch his quiet self roar with iHart like that after sealing the game.

Brunson got the Jordan rules last night and still dropped 40. This dude is legit unstoppable.

We need to get some reinforcements back in here, but in the meantime this is enjoyable AF. Reminds me of the Linsanity run in a lot of ways, where we are shorthanded but winning with sheer grit and special, special point guard play.

nycericanguy

2/2/2024  8:50 AM
kind of crazy if it wasnt for us being penalized for advancing in the IST, we'd be 2nd in the east right now. And really we still should be able to get the #2 seed as long as OG comes back soon, even without Randle. MIL isn't that good, our point differential is much better and we've been a dominant team since the OG trade and really even since last years Hart trade I believe we are 49-26.

I think if we have OG and Grimes back, we won't miss Randle much. Precious is just all over the court defensively and can play PF or C.

Cookdcokehop
Alba Posts: 7
Member: #880
USA
2/2/2024  8:55 AM
Brunson is MVP
nycericanguy

2/2/2024  8:58 AM
we're on pace to win over 53 games,
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
2/2/2024  9:10 AM

Last night was one of those nights. We looked bad. WE were short handed. Indy is a good team. They were up 15 early.
Next man up…….. Not DDV, but Precious and the teams collective defense. Stopped the best offense in the league. Indy went cold. We grinded it out.

It will happen like a few weeks ago vs. Memphis. Team will look like ****. Remember this win because it was ugly, but its a win.

EwingPSD
Member: #9129

2/2/2024  9:22 AM
DLeethal wrote:Wow, I have not been as pumped after a game as last night in a looooong time. Something about this game just felt like an intense rivalry for some reason. I wanted to smack Haliburton from the opening tip and everything about them pissed me off. I really can't believe we pulled that off, seemed we were gonna be a handful of points down from start to finish, felt like we just didn't have enough, reminded me of watching Melo play in the playoffs with Billy Walker and Jared Jeffries. But damn, this team is just amazing. Deuce is a complete stud, iHart just toyed with Miles Turner, Precious was lockdown on Siakam. IDK why but I'm just so happy for Precious. This might be the highlight of his career when it's all said and done, filling in admirably for Randle during this special winning streak like that. Get serenaded with cheers at the Garden, playing 40+ mins and making game winning plays. Who knows - just felt really good to watch his quiet self roar with iHart like that after sealing the game.

Brunson got the Jordan rules last night and still dropped 40. This dude is legit unstoppable.

We need to get some reinforcements back in here, but in the meantime this is enjoyable AF. Reminds me of the Linsanity run in a lot of ways, where we are shorthanded but winning with sheer grit and special, special point guard play.

I talked **** about Precious but hey I'm wrong. I remember thinking he looked like a decent player but it didn't happen with the Raptor and it seemed like all their fans thought he was terrible. Even though I hadn't seen him much I wrote him off a little b/c it hadn't happened and Raptor fans were so negative about him. He is playing super hard and making a real impact. I'm with ya, he is an easy guy to feel good for. I feel really good for Deuce too. He deserves this opportunity and he has been awesome. Brunson is an MVP candidate. Let's start being real about him. He's that good. Really ugly game and they got fortunate in some ways but whatever they were so short-handed that they still should have lost and probably lost by 10+. you can't take anything for granted against the Knicks. They destroyed them on the glass in the 4th quarter and when Hali went to the bench and the pace of the game died they locked in. It was an effort win. Getting effort wins while shooting poorly against a pretty good NBA team that isn't playing terribly is ****ing impressive.

nycericanguy

2/2/2024  9:32 AM
Deuce is a great story and gives me more confidence in Thibs. Thibs watched this kid everyday in practice and knew he was ready despite him not showing any offense in games.

Deuce since the trade is averaging 8.7ppg in just 16mpg shooting 47% from 3 on high volume and playing great defense. I mean he's scoring at just about the same rate as IQ did, except more efficiently. hard to believe.

Last night he had some real nice finishes at the basket too.

nycericanguy

2/2/2024  9:40 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/2/2024  9:41 AM
Brunson is a legit all nba, all star, superstar, MVP candidate.

and if this is true, why CAN'T we win it all? we definitely have the role players around him to do it. we have the shooting now too.

I mean Brunson can be the best player on the court any given night, he's not only a star, he's a clutch one. He's the guy you want on your team in a big game. MIA knocked out MIL and BOS last year and we are a better team.

hard to wrap my head around it but we have a shot at the championship.

BingBong
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #9036

2/2/2024  9:47 AM
The game last night epitomizes this team - fighters...grit and grind...never let up. Extraordinary win! Brunson is a genuine star and a "leader of men", and a cast of backup players following Brunson's lead, by fighting tooth and nail simply would not roll over. Brunson is the reason the whole team fights like hell to the last second and won't give up, the rest just follow his lead. The defense of this team is simply outstanding, so much so that I'm still shaking my head this morning. Precious played great with 8 offensive rebounds, 4 steals, and a couple of blocked shots, and iHart with 19 rebounds, led the team with 6 assists (note: no other player had more than 3), and Josh Hart had an off night (shooting wise), but still pulled down 12 rebounds and had 3 assists, and played tenacious defense...and what can I say about Deuce - kid can shoot the lights out while being a Pitbull on defense. And I can't leave out a nod to Sims who, in very limited minutes, had 4 offensive rebounds and three blocked shots - one of them a highlight reel moment.

How do I love thee Knicks, let me count thy ways!

Moonangie
Alba Posts: 5
Member: #2788

2/2/2024  10:25 AM
It's amazing what leadership by example can do for a team. JB does not need to be a barker. He's calm, cool and collected...and shows everyone around him how to win. This team is special. What a fantastic win last night. Indy is legit. But 60 boards?!?!? 24 offensive?!?!? Now that is gritty af!!
DLeethal
Member: #9126

2/2/2024  10:27 AM
Cookdcokehop wrote:Brunson is MVP

There is a world where the Knicks get the 2nd seed, Embiid falls out of the MVP race, and Brunson's stock skyrockets if he keeps this team at the top while Randle is out. Just saying

[Game Thread 2/1/24 @7:30PM] Knicks vs Pacers

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy