[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Is DiVincenzo moving towards untouchable?
Author Thread
SergioNYK
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #333
USA
1/31/2024  9:13 AM
With his production, age and contract? HELL YEAH HE'S UNTOUCHABLE!
AUTOADVERT
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
1/31/2024  9:19 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2024  9:20 AM
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:
Panos wrote:Maybe not the right thread but How is GSW so bad this year?

No DDV

Has to be the reason.

You can go to statmuse and input the shot charts for several teams (GS, Celtics, Knicks) etc. across multiple seasons. Link below to 2015. Put in 16, 17, 18... 23. They are making less shots and have less advantage over the rest of the league in efficiency.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/golden-state-warriors-shot-chart-2015

Now, if you track the other teams. Like NYK. Check 2015 vs 2024.

2015. Note the big light blue balls of ineffeciency in the 18-20 range

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-shot-chart-2015

2024. Note the little dots where we take last second off balance shots.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-shot-chart-2024

Now for the coup de grace. This is the best team in basketball. Frame this. Its magical. We are playing monster defense AND playing highly efficient offense.

https://www.statmuse.com/nba/ask/knicks-shot-chart-last-15-games

Add in that other teams are ALSO playing defense (AND GSW ISNT) and the competitive advantage of GSW is gone. We are all playing the same game now. But some of us also play defense.

This is the Randle.
nycericanguy
Member: #9127

1/31/2024  9:21 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2024  9:21 AM
I mean he's 26 years old and more of a guy that fits a contender as an elite shooter/role player. So I'm not sure he's a guy rebuilding teams would want that badly anyway. I think a team that is rebuilding would prefer picks.

the great thing for us is we have him locked up for 4 years in his prime. Kudos to Leon.

Knixkik
Member: #11
USA
1/31/2024  10:24 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2024  10:24 AM
nycericanguy wrote:I mean he's 26 years old and more of a guy that fits a contender as an elite shooter/role player. So I'm not sure he's a guy rebuilding teams would want that badly anyway. I think a team that is rebuilding would prefer picks.

the great thing for us is we have him locked up for 4 years in his prime. Kudos to Leon.

Rebuilding teams would want him as an asset to flip. But outside of that, I’m thinking specifically cleveland who would want him in any Mitchell deal. They can convince themselves that Garland, DDV, Strus, Mobley and Allen plus all of the picks they can get back for the next deal is still a playoff team. They would 100% want him and suddenly we would have to pause on that and really think about if it’s worth it, as opposed to just beefing up the bench and going for it as is.

nycericanguy

1/31/2024  10:27 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:I mean he's 26 years old and more of a guy that fits a contender as an elite shooter/role player. So I'm not sure he's a guy rebuilding teams would want that badly anyway. I think a team that is rebuilding would prefer picks.

Rebuilding teams would want him as an asset to flip. But outside of that, I’m thinking specifically cleveland who would want him in any Mitchell deal. They can convince themselves that Garland, DDV, Strus, Mobley and Allen plus all of the picks they can get back for the next deal is still a playoff team. They would 100% want him and suddenly we would have to pause on that and really think about if it’s worth it, as opposed to just beefing up the bench and going for it as is.

if they flip him it would be for a pick which was my point...lol. they'd want our picks more than DDV. So why not skip the middle man?

Knixkik
USA
1/31/2024  11:36 AM    LAST EDITED: 1/31/2024  11:37 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

if they flip him it would be for a pick which was my point...lol. they'd want our picks more than DDV. So why not skip the middle man?

Because another team would want both. All of the picks and DDV. And cleveland wouldn’t flip him. They would want him as a plug and play starter. Another team that is rebuilding would want him as an asset to move for more picks. DDV probably has the value of 2 firsts with his contract.

SupremeCommander
Alba Posts: 35
Member: #1127

1/31/2024  11:39 AM
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

No DDV

Has to be the reason.

too many miles on their collective bodies. Kerr has been great- but maybe they need a new voice. It's hard to be that hungry every game, year in, year out.

DDV had a great year there. The Draymond thing, Klay on decline, KUminga maturity taking longer, and Wiggins is not all in mentally for personal reasons. The picks have not panned out as hoped. Ownership wanted a transitional rebuild and Myers could not deliver it. Not easy to dismantle a championship team. Money and father time changes things. They could not afford to resign DDV even for what we paid.

I just think they got old quick and they haven't gotten good value in the draft. that, and Dray is a peckerhead

Sambakick wrote: Gives a whole new meaning to "Jazz Hands"
Nalod
Alba Posts: 154
Member: #508
USA
1/31/2024  11:51 AM
SupremeCommander wrote:
Nalod wrote:
franco12 wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

No DDV

Has to be the reason.

too many miles on their collective bodies. Kerr has been great- but maybe they need a new voice. It's hard to be that hungry every game, year in, year out.

DDV had a great year there. The Draymond thing, Klay on decline, KUminga maturity taking longer, and Wiggins is not all in mentally for personal reasons. The picks have not panned out as hoped. Ownership wanted a transitional rebuild and Myers could not deliver it. Not easy to dismantle a championship team. Money and father time changes things. They could not afford to resign DDV even for what we paid.

I just think they got old quick and they haven't gotten good value in the draft. that, and Dray is a peckerhead

the Chip in '22 was a masterstroke and we forget they cobbled that together as the season progressed. Myers did some very crafty trades.
Their time has come and how to move on is never easy. Fan base never wants the party to end but it does. Dray the "Peckerhead" got his money and is salty as hell, CP3 is doing what old players on max contracts do.......Play it out. Klay has lost a step. He had a really bad stretch with back to back injuries but they got that 4th chip!!!! Now his deal is ending and his ego wants more. Can't blame him. if he loves the game and GSW he finds a compromise if his ego can handle it.
In the age of parity they might pull off a transition but one of Klay or Dray has to go away..........

DLeethal
Member: #9126

1/31/2024  11:57 AM
Knixkik wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

Because another team would want both. All of the picks and DDV. And cleveland wouldn’t flip him. They would want him as a plug and play starter. Another team that is rebuilding would want him as an asset to move for more picks. DDV probably has the value of 2 firsts with his contract.

CLE would clearly want him in a Mitchell deal. Probably over Grimes at this point. But Mitchell deal seems lightyears away right now so not worth worrying about that. I think our next course is a tweak to the bench and seeing where the chips fall in the playoffs with this team.

BingBong
Member: #9036

1/31/2024  12:21 PM
You have to admire the moves the Knicks have made. Last season it was Hart, then this season DiVincenzo, OG, and Achiuwa. So different from years past. The Knicks' FO act as if they finally get it. Pick up young ascending players, coach them up, and keep them (unless you can trade them to improve the team even further...RJ, IQ, Grimes?).

Divo isn't going anywhere. His stats avg in January: 12+ pts per game, 46% FG, 43% 3pt, 3.2 RB, 2.3 assists, more than 1 steal per game, and the occasional block - can't ask must more than that from a shooting guard. And he's naturally court savvy and fits the current chemistry of the team like a custom made glove. I don't think anyone is untouchable for the right price (Brunson, OG excluded), but they aren't letting DiVi go anywhere soon.
nycericanguy

1/31/2024  12:34 PM
CLE is a team that would want him, but most teams trading a star are rebuilding and want picks.

ultimately if CLE wanted him then you gotta do that trade to get DM. DDV's role here would be greatly reduced anyway if we had DM.

But that's an interesting development is that DDV + Grimes + 2-3 picks could be a good offer for DM at this point.

Knixkik
USA
1/31/2024  1:09 PM
nycericanguy wrote:CLE is a team that would want him, but most teams trading a star are rebuilding and want picks.

ultimately if CLE wanted him then you gotta do that trade to get DM. DDV's role here would be greatly reduced anyway if we had DM.

But that's an interesting development is that DDV + Grimes + 2-3 picks could be a good offer for DM at this point.

DDV wouldn’t start anymore but I bet he would still see all of the minutes he can handle off the bench if we held onto him.

nycericanguy

1/31/2024  1:11 PM
Knixkik wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:CLE is a team that would want him, but most teams trading a star are rebuilding and want picks.

DDV wouldn’t start anymore but I bet he would still see all of the minutes he can handle off the bench if we held onto him.

for sure, but with Brunson and DM you're talking 70MPG out of the 96 minutes available at guard.

So you're talking 26mpg at best, I think Miles + Rokas or whoever else could handle those just fine. Can't pass up a guy like DM. the ultimate scenario was always DM + OG.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/31/2024  1:15 PM
Knixkik wrote:

As Martin and I discussed in the other thread. Knicks aren't going to move DDV in a Spida trade. That's def who Cavs would want. But DDV is one of Brunsons best friends. Brunson is currently our franchise player. Knicks will need to use the draft capital for a 3rd team to secure Cavs a proven player.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2024  1:55 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:DDV was the best player on that Villinova team. THat his NBA career has not looked like this until now is one of mystery.
I get the ACL derailed him a bit but the streaky thing we saw to start the season was his thing. Other than a little soft going to the rim this kid looks amazing. Love that he is trying to up that and attempt the dunks. Thibs dont mind when players do that. The get to the line or our guys get offnesive rebounds.

Is he “untouchable”? At this level of play he is a massive trade chip if need be for a big fish.
With three starters out he is “Next manning up” so its wonderful.

The massive trade chip for a star is what concerns me. How good does that player have to be to break up the Villanova boys, which collectively have become the culture change in this team? I don’t know if D Mitchell does it. It has to be Doncic, Embiid, Giannis level, and those players are unlikely to shake free. If Mitchell wants out, Cavs will see DDV as the ideal SG alongside Garland. Trading DDV the player in this hypothetical trade makes sense. But we know this goes beyond just his play.

Not gonna need to. Its only a matter of time for Mikal to force his way here. My guess is this coming offseason is when he tells the agent to make the play.

There is no way he doesn't want to be apart of what's going on here with all his boys together having the time of their lives. Witnessed first hand that the Nets are second fiddle and he is being left behind while his boys live it up. With dreams of winning the NBA chip together as they won the National Championship together.

Nets don't have the assets to build anything around Mikal by the time he becomes a FA. Trading him to the Knicks an collecting the draft capital and using the cap space for a DLO, Miles, Wagner combination. Will have them in a better overall space than tryna force it with Mikal.

+1000000000000000000000000000

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
1/31/2024  2:00 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

No DDV

Has to be the reason.

You can go to statmuse and input the shot charts for several teams (GS, Celtics, Knicks) etc. across multiple seasons. Link below to 2015. Put in 16, 17, 18... 23. They are making less shots and have less advantage over the rest of the league in efficiency.

Now for the coup de grace. This is the best team in basketball. Frame this. Its magical. We are playing monster defense AND playing highly efficient offense.

Add in that other teams are ALSO playing defense (AND GSW ISNT) and the competitive advantage of GSW is gone. We are all playing the same game now. But some of us also play defense.

I like my answer better

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
EwingsGlass
Member: #893
USA
1/31/2024  4:06 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
martin wrote:

No DDV

Has to be the reason.

I like my answer better

I agree with your answer as well, in the more general sense. Teams are star****ing and ignore the grit, glue and hustle players. They are padding the money stats (Points, Rebounds and Assists) without getting the hustle stats - deflections, loose ball recoveries, screen assists, charges drawn and box outs. Knick's front office are pounding the hustle stats in their trade and FA targets. They are also targeting real chemistry guys. Which is easy cause hustle stat players are generally team players. Cause you are doing it for the team despite the fact that the monetary compensation may not come with it. So, the Bucks giving up Grayson Allen actually makes them worse. Miami losing Max Strus is a real loss. GSW losing DDV is a real loss.

This is the Randle.
Knixkik
USA
1/31/2024  4:20 PM
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:

As Martin and I discussed in the other thread. Knicks aren't going to move DDV in a Spida trade. That's def who Cavs would want. But DDV is one of Brunsons best friends. Brunson is currently our franchise player. Knicks will need to use the draft capital for a 3rd team to secure Cavs a proven player.

I hope so.

Knixkik
USA
1/31/2024  4:21 PM
martin wrote:
newyorknewyork wrote:
Knixkik wrote:
Nalod wrote:DDV was the best player on that Villinova team. THat his NBA career has not looked like this until now is one of mystery.
I get the ACL derailed him a bit but the streaky thing we saw to start the season was his thing. Other than a little soft going to the rim this kid looks amazing. Love that he is trying to up that and attempt the dunks. Thibs dont mind when players do that. The get to the line or our guys get offnesive rebounds.

Is he “untouchable”? At this level of play he is a massive trade chip if need be for a big fish.
With three starters out he is “Next manning up” so its wonderful.

The massive trade chip for a star is what concerns me. How good does that player have to be to break up the Villanova boys, which collectively have become the culture change in this team? I don’t know if D Mitchell does it. It has to be Doncic, Embiid, Giannis level, and those players are unlikely to shake free. If Mitchell wants out, Cavs will see DDV as the ideal SG alongside Garland. Trading DDV the player in this hypothetical trade makes sense. But we know this goes beyond just his play.

Not gonna need to. Its only a matter of time for Mikal to force his way here. My guess is this coming offseason is when he tells the agent to make the play.

There is no way he doesn't want to be apart of what's going on here with all his boys together having the time of their lives. Witnessed first hand that the Nets are second fiddle and he is being left behind while his boys live it up. With dreams of winning the NBA chip together as they won the National Championship together.

Nets don't have the assets to build anything around Mikal by the time he becomes a FA. Trading him to the Knicks an collecting the draft capital and using the cap space for a DLO, Miles, Wagner combination. Will have them in a better overall space than tryna force it with Mikal.

+1000000000000000000000000000

Mikal would be amazing. Not sure what leverage he has though to demand out and specifically to the Knicks. He would probably need to be closer to the end of his deal right ?

Alpha1971
Alba Posts: 4
Member: #9006

1/31/2024  4:31 PM
The Nets got forced into trading All of their big three. Knicks aren't looking to exploit the Nets. Seems they are offering a fair price. Nets should appreciate that and do a good deal. The Bucks, Mavericks picks and two firsts from us and Grimes is more then fair. They want a fifth take the Wizards or Detroit pick. Knicks will still have future firsts and seconds to use and Nets can rebuild. Then the Villanova Knicks can rock out. Any big man from Villanova they can get ?
Is DiVincenzo moving towards untouchable?

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy