[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Alpha!! Wet dream scenario alert!! Get in here and get your Tari Eason trade rumor on
Author Thread
EwingsGlass
Alba Posts: 2
Member: #893
USA
2/1/2024  9:38 AM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

I mean. C’mon. I know we all love Randle and whatnot. But…

But can he dunk?

Mentioned earlier how Whitmore has excelled in his absence. So maybe.
But what do you think we can offer to entice the Rockets to trade him?

Grimes or Grimes and a pick. Eason has been out all month though. Would need a physical to make that decision.

There is a reason New York would never trade Grimes for Eason without that trade being part of a bigger (immediate) trade.

Cause then who are you trading out when you are targeting Mikal, Donovan? If you are the Knicks, you assume the target team you are working with needs a direct replacement for Mikal, Donovan.

So, why would you move Grimes IF IF IF that scenario I just described was on your horizon? You don't risk not having Grimes.

Chess, not checkers.

Ooh. Strong disagree. You think Grimes is the make or break on a Mikal Bridges or Donovan Mitchell Trade? In a vacuum, you move Tari for Grimes all day every day and twice on Sunday. Deal with the additional trade chips when and as needed.

Assuming the health of Eason returns in the near term, he’s the better asset regardless.

I did not say make or break. You are putting words in my mouth.

I said something entirely different. I was very specific as to what I mean. Very specific.

Hmm. Possible I expanded on what you said. But where you are saying we risk not having Grimes as a trade chip in a package for Mitchell or Bridges, I mean, you have Eason. You can make a decision whether to include Eason or other trade collateral. My point is that I don’t skip a trade of Grimes for Eason (if that’s even available) cause Cleveland or Brooklyn “might” want Grimes.

This is the Randle.
AUTOADVERT
martin
Alba Posts: 108
Member: #2
USA
2/1/2024  9:51 AM    LAST EDITED: 2/1/2024  10:07 AM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

But can he dunk?

Grimes or Grimes and a pick. Eason has been out all month though. Would need a physical to make that decision.

There is a reason New York would never trade Grimes for Eason without that trade being part of a bigger (immediate) trade.

Cause then who are you trading out when you are targeting Mikal, Donovan? If you are the Knicks, you assume the target team you are working with needs a direct replacement for Mikal, Donovan.

So, why would you move Grimes IF IF IF that scenario I just described was on your horizon? You don't risk not having Grimes.

Chess, not checkers.

Ooh. Strong disagree. You think Grimes is the make or break on a Mikal Bridges or Donovan Mitchell Trade? In a vacuum, you move Tari for Grimes all day every day and twice on Sunday. Deal with the additional trade chips when and as needed.

Assuming the health of Eason returns in the near term, he’s the better asset regardless.

I said something entirely different. I was very specific as to what I mean. Very specific.

Hmm. Possible I expanded on what you said. But where you are saying we risk not having Grimes as a trade chip in a package for Mitchell or Bridges, I mean, you have Eason. You can make a decision whether to include Eason or other trade collateral. My point is that I don’t skip a trade of Grimes for Eason (if that’s even available) cause Cleveland or Brooklyn “might” want Grimes.

Negotiation 301.

If you want to make a deal with another party, especially if the player you are targeting is a high value/priority target, you must anticipate what that other side wants and do everything possible to get to that point, otherwise you will miss the boat.

What type of player replacement (and draft assets) do you think Cleveland will want/value with Donovan Mitchell going out and the SG space opening up right next Garland?

And, ask yourself how much value you put into having the best possibility of having that so you can come up with what Cleveland wants? Is it enough to risk swapping Grimes (and possible other pick?) for Eason?

Does having Eason on your roster (who is barely playing this year BTW) lower or raise the possibility of trading with Cleveland?

What upgrade in Eason are you getting to overcome the risk level you assume in a possible high value target trade in Mitchell .

That is the scenario.

Official sponsor of the PURE KNICKS LOVE Program
Rookie
Alba Posts: 28
Member: #2274

2/1/2024  12:53 PM
I didn't think OG was possible, so hey, why not.
martin
USA
2/1/2024  12:53 PM
Rookie wrote:I didn't think OG was possible, so hey, why not.

That's the attitude I am taking. Leon and Wes gotta work their magic. Thems the rules.

EwingsGlass
USA
2/1/2024  1:38 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

But can he dunk?

Chess, not checkers.

Negotiation 301.

If you want to make a deal with another party, especially if the player you are targeting is a high value/priority target, you must anticipate what that other side wants and do everything possible to get to that point, otherwise you will miss the boat.

What type of player replacement (and draft assets) do you think Cleveland will want/value with Donovan Mitchell going out and the SG space opening up right next Garland?

And, ask yourself how much value you put into having the best possibility of having that so you can come up with what Cleveland wants? Is it enough to risk swapping Grimes (and possible other pick?) for Eason?

Does having Eason on your roster (who is barely playing this year BTW) lower or raise the possibility of trading with Cleveland?

What upgrade in Eason are you getting to overcome the risk level you assume in a possible high value target trade in Mitchell .

That is the scenario.

Negotiation 101 is that you need a willing counterparty or its not a negotiation.

Now. Eason has been out all January so if you are using all "year" to mean all "2024", well, I guess that's accurate if not misleading. Valid point is that he is still out with a lower leg injury. I don't know what that prognosis is other than they keep giving 2 week updates.

I don't actually think we have enough of anything that Cleveland actually wants. I think Mitch Robinson abused them in the playoffs, but I don't know that they are moving away from Jarrett Allen. Grimes has one more year on his his rookie scale, so while he has rookie contract value, I wouldn't overstate that. McBride might have the higher "contract" value this offseason after signing the 4 year extension. Grimes is currently the better player though. The issue with any Donovan Mitchell trade is that he is would be a sign and trade and we would hard cap, again.

In terms of Brooklyn, I mean, they have the loose cannon Cam Thomas at SG and trading MIkal would leave them holes (Simmons, Dinwidde) at PG and SG (Bridges), I mean, if I am Brookyln or Clevelan, I am trading Bridges for Mitchell. Where does NY even get involved here?

This is the Randle.
KnickDanger
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #7578

2/1/2024  2:02 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

But can he dunk?

Chess, not checkers.

Negotiation 301.

That is the scenario.

Negotiation 101 is that you need a willing counterparty or its not a negotiation.

Now. Eason has been out all January so if you are using all "year" to mean all "2024", well, I guess that's accurate if not misleading. Valid point is that he is still out with a lower leg injury. I don't know what that prognosis is other than they keep giving 2 week updates.

I don't actually think we have enough of anything that Cleveland actually wants. I think Mitch Robinson abused them in the playoffs, but I don't know that they are moving away from Jarrett Allen. Grimes has one more year on his his rookie scale, so while he has rookie contract value, I wouldn't overstate that. McBride might have the higher "contract" value this offseason after signing the 4 year extension. Grimes is currently the better player though. The issue with any Donovan Mitchell trade is that he is would be a sign and trade and we would hard cap, again.

In terms of Brooklyn, I mean, they have the loose cannon Cam Thomas at SG and trading MIkal would leave them holes (Simmons, Dinwidde) at PG and SG (Bridges), I mean, if I am Brookyln or Clevelan, I am trading Bridges for Mitchell. Where does NY even get involved here?

With their fans and media.

martin
USA
2/1/2024  2:14 PM
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

But can he dunk?

Chess, not checkers.

Negotiation 301.

That is the scenario.

Now. Eason has been out all January so if you are using all "year" to mean all "2024", well, I guess that's accurate if not misleading.
Valid point is that he is still out with a lower leg injury. I don't know what that prognosis is other than they keep giving 2 week updates.

Tari has played in 22 out of the possible 47 Houston games.

I made a gloss over statement.

EwingsGlass
USA
2/1/2024  2:22 PM
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
martin wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:
HofstraBBall wrote:
EwingsGlass wrote:

But can he dunk?

Chess, not checkers.

Negotiation 301.

That is the scenario.

Now. Eason has been out all January so if you are using all "year" to mean all "2024", well, I guess that's accurate if not misleading.
Valid point is that he is still out with a lower leg injury. I don't know what that prognosis is other than they keep giving 2 week updates.

Tari has played in 22 out of the possible 47 Houston games.

I made a gloss over statement.

Lol. All good. Its a nagging injury from preseason when Jalen Smith (IND) fell on his leg. Microfracture in the foot is possible here and would obviously change the equation. I am arguing from a point of clearance on the health, at least in my head. Different thread but I mentioned the need for a medical review. Is this Greg Oden or Kevin Durant foot injury? Sounds like a microfracture issue when you dive deep.

This is the Randle.
Alpha!! Wet dream scenario alert!! Get in here and get your Tari Eason trade rumor on

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy