[ IMAGES: Images ON turn off | ACCOUNT: User Status is LOCKED why? ]

Game Thread: Knicks vs Hornets and the first “Shoulderless” game….
Author Thread
Panos
Alba Posts: 3
Member: #520
1/30/2024  11:39 AM
blkexec wrote:We all love OG but is it the addition of OG or subtraction of RJ and IQ?

Small sample size but I’m thinking removing those two players is part of the big turn around for this team. It gives players like DDV more mins and shot attempts for example.

Again credit to Leon for this move. The culture is building. Next man up approach is working. JB is the key and we need a backup JB type of guard (Brogdon). We only have 1 floor general and 1 old school bully ball player. I believe we have backups for Jules but no floor general behind JB.

Preach! You nailed it.

AUTOADVERT
DLeethal
Alba Posts: 0
Member: #9126

1/30/2024  11:42 AM
nycericanguy wrote:
DLeethal wrote:
nycericanguy wrote:
blkexec wrote:We all love OG but is it the addition of OG or subtraction of RJ and IQ?

Small sample size but I’m thinking removing those two players is part of the big turn around for this team. It gives players like DDV more mins and shot attempts for example.

Again credit to Leon for this move. The culture is building. Next man up approach is working. JB is the key and we need a backup JB type of guard (Brogdon). We only have 1 floor general and 1 old school bully ball player. I believe we have backups for Jules but no floor general behind JB.

I get what you're saying, I look at this team now and look at RJ's shooting %'s and on/off numbers over the years, and I think, maybe the analytics were right that we would be a much better team with literally anyone but RJ at SF?

On paper, if someone asked you to pick the perfect 3rd guy to pair with Brunson and Randle at the 3 spot, RJ Barrett would be very far down that list. It's amazing how we performed so well for so long with a top pecking order that clearly had big fit issues. Most teams don't overcome that.

i was a big RJ fan and the starting 5 did do well with him, but the analytics were not kind to him individually and I kind of gave him a benefit of the doubt.

but we are much more fluid without him for sure.

I kind of doubt this huge turnaround is ALL OG as well... Don't get me wrong I do think OG has had a big impact but one single player cannot transform an entire team. I think it's a combination of FIT, easier schedule and maybe even addition by subtraction.

It's not "all OG" per-se but OG has made all the other pieces fit perfectly into place on both ends, which has accentuated their value to the team. And yes fit is 100% better and so is the defense.

newyorknewyork
Alba Posts: 1
Member: #541
1/30/2024  12:46 PM

Don't love the wording.

But DDV was already signed with the idea that he would be IQs replacement. He just so happen to also beat out Grimes for that starting spot eventually. And he continues to look better, could easily get 30mins a night if they didn't need to find mins for Grimes. Signing DDV created an imbalance to begin with, but its proven to be the better long term play after the short term imbalance.

Said it last year that Brunson doing what he was doing with the worst front court spacing in the NBA(RJ/Randle/Mitch) showed how good he was.

https://vote.nba.com/en Vote for your Knicks.
Game Thread: Knicks vs Hornets and the first “Shoulderless” game….

©2001-2012 ultimateknicks.comm All rights reserved. About Us.
This site is not affiliated with the NY Knicks or the National Basketball Association in any way.
You may visit the official NY Knicks web site by clicking here.

All times (GMT-05:00) Eastern Time.

Terms of Use and Privacy Policy